Warriors are beyond broken - ridiculously op

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

You all know it. Below is what a warrior can do – legit edition.

400 passive healing signet only + 100 more via trait PER SECOND thats 5K! Healing per 10 seconds without wasteing time healing / without being able to interrupt and without being able to counter with poison (unless you somehow perma apply it which is just completely unreasonable – this way of healing is BETTER vs poison than the normal ones)

best stuns in the game (either AoE or extremely long) on a VERY LOW CD

best condi remove in the game with the same trait that also gets another 100hp/sec healing – TRIPLE condi cleanse every 9 seconds TIMES TWO (two weapon sets)

very good damage output especially with a 10 point trait that gives 50%???!!!! crit chance when target is stunned

best base stats of all classes large vitality and toughness by default

one of the best (duration+cd) and most reliable stability utilities in the game (balanced stance)

reliable ON COOLDOWN!!!!! aoe might stacking with longbow hammer (2 explo finishers and a fire field every 9 seconds lead to reliable 12 STACKS AOE MIGHT ON ITS OWN!)

and also Berserker stance is one of the best – trololol they have 3 condi classes lets hard counter their setup – utility choices you can pick right before match

fix this kitten or lose players cuz op

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

warriors are not OP. you just dont know how to deal with them. these qq threads about warriors are getting old and boring.

next please…

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

nice warrior player troll <3

“Skill growth” inc (sic – a cookie for whoever gets the reference)

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

warriors are not OP. you just dont know how to deal with them. these qq threads about warriors are getting old and boring.

next please…

I’d really like to hear your suggestions on how to deal with warriors and debunk them one by one.

Otherwise, I’m assuming that the only counter is the warrior being horribly bad and you being good, which clearly means that they are OP.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

You all know it.

400 passive healing signet only + 100 more via trait PER SECOND thats 5K! Healing per 10 seconds without wasteing time healing / without being able to interrupt and without being able to counter with poison (unless you somehow perma apply it which is just completely unreasonable)

best condi remove in the game with the same trait that also gets another 100hp/sec healing – TRIPLE condi cleanse every 9 seconds TIMES TWO (two weapon sets)

very good damage output especially with a 10 point trait that gives 50%???!!!! crit chance when target is stunned

one of the best and most reliable stability utilities in the game (balanced stance)

reliable ON COOLDOWN!!!!! aoe might stacking with longbow hammer (2 explo finishers and a fire field every 9 seconds lead to reliable 12 STACKS AOE MIGHT ON ITS OWN!)

and also Berserker stance is one of the best – trololol they have 3 condi classes lets hard counter their setup – utility choices you can pick right before match

you obviously never played a half good engineer. Run in circles spamming the ground, swap to pistol if they get too far, spam every condition there is, drop bombs for AoE knockback and have a 50% up time swiftness and and massive regen with reflect and block and more skills than any other player…yet some how you think warrior is O.P.

Give it up bro..pvp is dead. It is never gonna live. It has zero rewards, no man power, slow and unthoughtful updates, ungodly grind and is filled with bugs galore. I like the a-net guys, but i don’t like the pvp in this game at all. It is spamtastic and has major issues that cannot be resolved without first of all annoying the very few loyal players they have. Take your rant some where that it matters..it means nothing here. You say it will break the game?..it was broken from day one and has never been remotely fixed. If it was even 50% as sharp as the PvE side, it would be enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

next please…

Warrior is a little OP.

“Ridiculously OP” is an exaggeration, but warrior clearly has some problems at the moment. They mostly stem from the interaction of Healing Signet, Adrenal health, and cleansing ire.

Once that anomaly has been acknowledged and addressed, we can re-examine other warrior “issues” (which may or may not be issues, once we’ve adressed HS+AH+CI).

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

you obviously never played a half good engineer. Run in circles spamming the ground, swap to pistol if they get too far, spam every condition there is, drop bombs for AoE knockback and have a 50% up time swiftness and and massive regen with reflect and block and more skills than any other player…yet some how you think warrior is O.P.

You mean a tournament level engineer like Ostrich Eggs?

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/3063182

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They get the equivalent of a permanent troll unguent with some of the ridiculous specs. Totally not OP nothing to see here.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

“Rediculously OP” is an overstatement. They’re pretty strong, OP probably (Heal sig probably alone forces a lot of near-viable builds out of the meta) is the right term, but rediculously? They got hit by some pretty hard nerfs to everything but the rediculous banner regen bunker build last patch, the main thing being para sigil and the aoe nerf on longbow meaning you actually have room to fight vs a hambow warrior because the point isn’t lathered vigourously in fire 24/7.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

next please…

Warrior is a little OP.

“Ridiculously OP” is an exaggeration, but warrior clearly has some problems at the moment. They mostly stem from the interaction of Healing Signet, Adrenal health, and cleansing ire.

Once that anomaly has been acknowledged and addressed, we can re-examine other warrior “issues” (which may or may not be issues, once we’ve adressed HS+AH+CI).

Anomaly?? ANOMALY? Whhhhaaaaaaaaat?? An anomaly is pet utility canceling sic em. THATS an anomaly. Warrior is OP as intended. Thats how anet does whack a mole business.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Unfortunately balance team in this game is pretty inexprienced, which results in things like warrior atm, snare stacking, fear spam etc. And with pvp updates being very rare your best bet is to roll warrior in the meanwhile.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

400 passive healing signet only + 100 more via trait PER SECOND thats 5K! Healing per 10 seconds

Sniff, Sniff Eww… smells like someone is miss informed. Only the heal signet is every second. The “traited heal” is every 3 seconds (at least learn the flippen name of what you are talking about…)

Sigh… the best stun in game, as you claim, is reliant on adrenaline to do anything. It takes 30 strikes to achieve max duration for these stuns. One strike is one adrenaline, so if you are getting hit 30 times in less than 8 seconds… the problem is not the other profession but you.

Just sigh…. First off, the condition removal trait and the healing trait are two separate traits. Adrenaline Health is a 15 point minor trait in the Defense line while Cleansing Ire is a 20 point trait in the Defense line. Learn about what you are complaining about before you complain.

Also, to get 3 conditions removed on burst skill the Warrior would have to waste 3 levels of adrenaline (don’t let me blow your mind here I am going to pull from what I previously wrote). If you payed attention on the last line I wrote that is 30 strikes of adrenaline or 30 hits on a target. So there is no way for a Warrior to use a burst skill swap then use another fully changed Adrenaline burst skill immediately afterwards. Maybe if they are carrying the Signet of Fury, but not many will carry that with the build described above.

You got the trait correct and how it functions, good on you. Although, I think you are missing the important part of it. The target has to be stunned to grant this extra critical chance. If a Warrior is carrying a Hammer—-Mace/Shield he has a total of 3 stuns on, respectfully, a (2 on) 8 second cool down and a 25 second cool down.

2 of these stuns are very easily kited as they have to be within 130 range and the other 300 range. If you are that close to a Warrior you should expect to take a lot of damage.

Not to mention that 2 of the stuns require Adrenaline to even use.

best base stats of all classes large vitality and toughness by default

The same lined spewed at the launch of the game to get their Discipline knocked from +30% burst damage to +3% FOR 9 MONTHS. Active survival skills trump big toughness/hp any day of the week. Base stats in this game mean very little.

If not, then why isn’t the Warrior the best bunker (even in this OP era)? Because high base stats mean very little. The Guardian can well outlast any Warrior as a bunker due to blocks, blinds and invulnerabilities.

one of the best (duration+cd) and most reliable stability utilities in the game (balanced stance)

You truly have no clue as to other classes do you?

Who cares if the Warrior can get stability every 40 seconds for 8 seconds when a Guardian can give 5 people stability every 30 seconds for 5 seconds. Most of the other classes can get stability (only Thief and Mesmer have no direct access to it). Meanwhile, Rangers can get 20 seconds of stability on elite skill use.

If you are bad enough to stand in his fire field and let him stun you and stack might…. that is strictly your problem. I know of no Warrior who would willing waste Earthshaker for a might stack.

Even though Engineers have it on a trait that activities and stays active at 25% health (Automated Response). It is also, 8 seconds duration on a 60 second cool down. The way everyone here is presenting it is if the Warrior can spam this every 10 seconds for 9 seconds. If you can’t kite the Warrior for 8 seconds… again that is your problem.

If you think this is op why not complain about the Mesmers and their true invulnerable every 42 seconds for 4 seconds? They are also immune to conditions and direct damage while using that.

Indeed, I agree. Ignorance is op.

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Like others said, warriors are OP but not grossly OP. I don’t mind them too much but I hate having 4+ in a solo queue match and 6+ in hotjoin. I know it’s because it’s FoTM, but the overwhelming number of warriors in spvp right now should be statement enough to how strong they are.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

The only people who are saying warrior is balanced right now are mid tier warrior players, and mid tier teams with warriors in their comp. Everyone I’ve talked to that played the class competitively before buffs has agreed that they were overbuffed, and it’s pretty kitten obvious to see that anyways.
“you don’t know how to deal with it” -you’re right, I suppose I don’t know how to deal with 500hp regen/sec, 22k+ hp pool, perma stuns, zerker stance, high stability up time, and high dps. DPS (meditations) guard and /p thief used to be the hard counter, but thanks to zerkers stance and 500hp/sec, even those 2 get crushed by war. (zerkers > blinds, regen > guard dps and block up time). Ranger and engi can beat out some warrior builds (the fun/troll ones), but not hammer/lb or mace cc lock builds.
idk, I think anyone who says warrior is balance right now is insane, it’s the most overpowered we’ve seen any class be in a meta since the bunker ele far push days.
In fact, if the pro teams actually decided to play this terrible meta, we’d probably see alot of warrior far pushes in scrims.
No one wants warrior to go back to where it was at pre buffs, that’s why I think a lot of people are exaggerating how balanced the class is right now.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Needed nerfs:
Nerf HS (make it scale better with HP: 300 HP/s with 0 Healing Power and 400 HP/s with 1000 Healing Power sounds nice to me).
Make Warriors lose their adrenaline if they don’t hit with burst skills.

Borderline nerfs:
Reduce zerker stance to 5 seconds duration from 8 seconds.
Increase Pin Down cast time to 0.75 or 0.5 seconds from 0.25 seconds.

—> a balanced warrior

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Warrior players need to present helpful ideas, not just try to defend their profession from nerfs.

Nerfs are often done based on internal data (i.e. “hmm, warriors made up 35% of the entire solo queue population for the last month…that’s a problem.”) In other words, nerfs are absolutely unavoidable at this point. Admit that there is no argument you can make that will prevent nerfs and things will get easier.

For example, warrior players could get behind changes to raise the skill floor of their profession. That way, warriors would remain strong across the board, but they’d stop being the #1 reason for new players uninstalling. Changes like longer cooldown for missed burst skills would even the skill floor a little bit between warriors and other professions. Giving healing signet a lower passive but stronger active would mean new players no longer uninstall after finding that their soldier amulet build literally can’t move a warrior’s health bar. Literally. Seriously, what do warrior players even find enjoyable about that?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

“We promised warriors would receive a buff to surviveability and sustained damage, and now that they have people aren’t happy”

“We knew warriors would end up like this”

“We are keeping a close eye on the Warrior and don’t want to make large changes like we did in the past”

Pick your poison.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

Easy up warrior haters, just l2p or reroll to warrior. Anet will not nerf them, as 40% of all players is warriors. Easy to play, high damage, high survivability, high mobility in gameand what is most important newbie friendly. Warriors will receive only baffs. So suck it up and enjoy.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Needed nerfs:
Nerf HS (make it scale better with HP: 300 HP/s with 0 Healing Power and 400 HP/s with 1000 Healing Power sounds nice to me).

Borderline nerfs:

—> a balanced warrior

I agree with all of these. I would implement the first 2 (maybe even a lesser reduction in healing signet at first), then the next month do more as needed. Nerfs need to happen, and players understand if you adjust every 2-4 weeks with small changes. As long as its frequent enough and in the right direction, many people will be more satisfied. That will also prevent the nuking of the class like happened to eles from happening again.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Needed nerfs:

Borderline nerfs:

—> a balanced warrior

The patch comes and no one plays warrior anymore.

This is a massive unneeded nerf based on a knee-jerk reaction.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Zord.6130

Zord.6130

Needed nerfs:

Borderline nerfs:

—> a balanced warrior

Then it means that every warrior out there is a really bad player who relies on broken mechanics to actually be effective.
Every skill affected by those changes would still be useful in the hands of a good warrior.

Actually, what I’d like is to introduce a skill, like Wild Strike from GW1 (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wild_Strike_%28PvP%29), which removes the target’s stance. So you can actually COUNTER Warrior’s stances.

Powerpuff Girls [PPG]
Trixxi Is Cute – Purple Fhaz: your daily roamer

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Needed nerfs:

Borderline nerfs:

—> a balanced warrior

Then it means that every warrior out there is a really bad player who relies on broken mechanics to actually be effective.
Every skill affected by those changes would still be useful in the hands of a good warrior.

Actually, what I’d like is to introduce a skill, like Wild Strike from GW1 (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wild_Strike_%28PvP%29), which removes the target’s stance. So you can actually COUNTER Warrior’s stances.

I don’t think we need even more hard counters to stuff. Rock/paper/scissors is a fun game but lacks depth. If it’s too strong, we should fix that, not just introduce a new counter.

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Who cares if the Warrior can get stability every 40 seconds for 8 seconds when a Guardian can give 5 people stability every 30 seconds for 5 seconds. Most of the other classes can get stability (only Thief and Mesmer have no direct access to it). Meanwhile, Rangers can get 20 seconds of stability on elite skill use.

8/40= 1/5th of time.
5/30=1/6th of time.
1/5>1/6

Thief- Dagger-storm.
Mesmer- Mantra of Concentration- AoE.

Even though Engineers have it on a trait that activities and stays active at 25% health (Automated Response). It is also, 8 seconds duration on a 60 second cool down. The way everyone here is presenting it is if the Warrior can spam this every 10 seconds for 9 seconds. If you can’t kite the Warrior for 8 seconds… again that is your problem.

If you think this is op why not complain about the Mesmers and their true invulnerable every 42 seconds for 4 seconds? They are also immune to conditions and direct damage while using that.

8/60=1/7.5s.
4/42=1/10.5 – if traited, with full illusions

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Warrior players need to present helpful ideas, not just try to defend their profession from nerfs.

I wish that actually worked. Multiple eles from the top tpvp teams made huge posts on this forum detailing the problems with eles and what anet could change to bring them into line without going too far. And then anet completely ignored everything they said and broke the class.

Warriors do need to be nerfed, and they probably will be in the next balance patch (8 months from now), but when it happens, it won’t be based on the logical well presented ideas from high level players in the community. It will be some completely off the wall nonsense that doesn’t make sense to anyone.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Lol this post is full of dumb. Popcorn-eating time. No wonder why anet does terrible balance, if these are the normal forum go-ers.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

I wish that actually worked. Multiple eles from the top tpvp teams made huge posts on this forum detailing the problems with eles and what anet could change to bring them into line without going too far. And then anet completely ignored everything they said and broke the class.

Warriors do need to be nerfed, and they probably will be in the next balance patch (8 months from now), but when it happens, it won’t be based on the logical well presented ideas from high level players in the community. It will be some completely off the wall nonsense that doesn’t make sense to anyone.

The ele nerfs weren’t great, but again, there were a lot of people calling for the hammer and a lot of other people saying “we’re fine guys, just leave us alone and l2p.” The other thing is that quite a bit of power creep happened about the same time.

One reason helpful ideas seldom work is that the helpful suggestions are usually drowned by the shouts of people trying to protect their profession, or people just looking for a massive nerfhammer. I’m fully aware that an even decent community is probably not possible, but it can’t hurt to try for one.

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I agree on this one , I have 800 hours and my warr and I still can
tell that it’s on the top . Some people are obviously clueless and will
cry OMG he just hit me for 10k and he regen for 2000hp a second and
some warriors will defend it too much , like l2p we are not that
strong : thief is better because they have stealth and bla bla bla .

They need to make warrior skillbased instead of passive stuff
like cleansing ire and healing signet . Having these two already
reduces player’s thinking by 50%.

in PvP

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Who cares? Just roll a Warrior it’s sPvP you dont need to grind like WvW or PvE

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

If warriors are op and need fixing, then fix thieves too please. Thanks.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

like cleansing ire.

Since when its passive? Wut a troll..

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

like cleansing ire.

Since when its passive? Wut a troll..

It’s kinda passive: you don’t have to worry about it.

This can be solved

Example: make the IX trait in defense do something else along with granting adrenalin when hit.

Put the following F2: deplete your adrenaline and remove a number of condition according to the bars depleted (example: 1 per bar). Make it work with Burst Mastery (example: it will cost 33% to use it -> When used at full adrenaline will deplete only 2 bars and work as if 3 bars were depleted).

This means you have to CHOOSE whether to use bursts or remove conditions.

Not necessarily a nerf, though: sometimes trying desperatly to land a burst might be dangerous, especially under blind spam.

Here, added active gameplay.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

snip

I been suggesting to make cleansing ire as f2 long time ago, but that bc i hate fixing class by traits. I still fail to see how it is completely passive – to cleanse conditions we actually need to land burst skill.

A passive condi removal is empathic bond from ranger (just for example), put it once and forget. No need to hit anything whatsoever.

in PvP

redslion.9675

snip

I been suggesting to make cleansing ire as f2 long time ago, but that bc i hate fixing class by traits. I still fail to see how it is completely passive – to cleanse conditions we actually need to land burst skill.

A passive condi removal is empathic bond from ranger (just for example), put it once and forget. No need to hit anything whatsoever.

Cleansing Ire it’s active because you need to do something in order for it to proc.

Someone might say it’s passive because you proc it by doing something which is not related to cleansing conditions.

And because you can attack and cleanse at the same time.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

8/40= 1/5th of time.
5/30=1/6th of time.
1/5>1/6

Thief- Dagger-storm.
Mesmer- Mantra of Concentration- AoE.

8/60=1/7.5s.
4/42=1/10.5 – if traited, with full illusions

Except guardian is a 24 second cd aoe stability for the group not 30 seconds and also gives retaliation.
Also if you stack 5 guardians you have 25 second perma stability on a 24 second cooldown with perma retaliation only from this utility,while if you stack 5 warriors you get 8 second stability each adn 8 second swiftness every 40 seconds.

Balance is OP

in PvP

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Lol this post is full of dumb. Popcorn-eating time. No wonder why anet does terrible balance, if these are the normal forum go-ers.

^ This x2

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Except guardian is a 24 second cd aoe stability for the group not 30 seconds and also gives retaliation.
Also if you stack 5 guardians you have 25 second perma stability on a 24 second cooldown with perma retaliation only from this utility,while if you stack 5 warriors you get 8 second stability each adn 8 second swiftness every 40 seconds.

Balance is OP

Thanks, I always forget about the Thief elite having stability.

As to the fraction math… Doesn’t matter that they have a better fraction return when you are more likely to be able to use a skill again with a shorter cool down. This is the worst game for spam I have seen in a long time so short cool down wins over a tiny bit longer duration.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

next please…

Warrior is a little OP.

?

Why is there an intelligent comment here? Oh well I’ll go too then…

As I’ve already suggested, the refund on adrenaline with burst mastery needs to be changed so that cleansing ire doesn’t remove as if three bars have been lost.

This will balance the build vs conditions and improve build diversity significantly for new/rerolled warriors.

Healing signet needs to actually be shaved, not changed fundamentally like it was with Eles. Following that the scaling with healing power should be increased slightly, to compensate for full bunker warriors, as at the moment its effects are fairly negligible.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

redslion.9675

next please…

Warrior is a little OP.

?

Why is there an intelligent comment here? Oh well I’ll go too then…

As I’ve already suggested, the refund on adrenaline with burst mastery needs to be changed so that cleansing ire doesn’t remove as if three bars have been lost.

This will balance the build vs conditions and improve build diversity significantly for new/rerolled warriors.

Healing signet needs to actually be shaved, not changed fundamentally like it was with Eles. Following that the scaling with healing power should be increased slightly, to compensate for full bunker warriors, as at the moment its effects are fairly negligible.

IMHO HS should be changed to be more interesting and harder to use.

As I always say, Medkit has more HPS than HS and Adrenal Health combined. WITHOUT healing power. (that’s the reason why Static Discharge has always been viable or semi-viable: you are glass, but have good sustain to live longer than your opponent)

(550 vs 510, and medkit has other side effects)

Why is Medkit balanced and HS OP?

Because to use Medkit at its most as an engineer every 11 seconds you have to stop dealing damage for 1-2 seconds, start running and drop three bandages.

Morale of the story: you can make healing signet balanced in many ways without touching HPS.

The simplest:

remove regeneration, put something different as passive effect.

Increase active healing to make it have the same HPS as Healing Signet (7840, or 6272 to make it reach 392 HPS with signet mastery).

Here, now in order for the warrior to heal he has to stop attacking for 1.25 seconds to activate the signet.

Another thing: Healing Signet has always an advantage compared to other healing skills because it starts as soon as the fight starts. With activated skills you start to heal when your health is low enough for you to benefit entirely for a full heal.

Example: let’s assume you’ll always use healing surge at full adrenaline.

Let’s assume you’ll lose 9820 health in 20 seconds from the beginning of the fight.

With Healing Signet you start healing as soon as the fight starts. With Healing Surge you start healing 20 seconds later. This is nothing on the long run. But might be important in shorter fights.

in PvP

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

This Engineer build has 5 blast finishers and his own fire field, thats 15 STACKS OF MIGHT WTF ANET SO OP QQQQq

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Oh look it’s this thread again.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

redslion.9675

This Engineer build has 5 blast finishers and his own fire field, thats 15 STACKS OF MIGHT WTF ANET SO OP QQQQq

You don’t need combos to gain even more might. And no, might stacking is not OP. Even on warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

It’s the fact that warriors can have it all: dps, sustain, mobility, stability, cc, aoe, range, all in one build. Ah brings back good memories of the golden days with eley’s. All they need to do is either spread out traits or reduce certain areas so they cant have every single favorable aspect in a build, in one build.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This was what ANet was afraid of. They’ve made too many changes and didn’t let the class settle and now it’s blatantly overpowered and they don’t know where to pull the class back.

While the healing signet is overpowered, the class as a whole wouldn’t function too well without it. The problem is the typical counter to healing is poison, and with the Warrior’s condi removal poison is laughable. The Warrior is also insanely mobile so can create a lot of ‘down time’ in a fight to passively regen. They have active abilities to take advantage of the regen. They have insane damage because of amazing synergy between weapon sets.

So where do you focus the nerfs?

Do you just nerf healing signet? Do you scale back some of the Warrior’s mobility? Do you scale back the condition cleansing? The immunity? The duration reduction? Do you move unsuspecting foe to defense or tactics to scale back some of the synergy?

Tough call. It’s not really any one thing that makes Warriors overpowered. It’s the combination of all of this with 25k hp and 3.5k armor :/

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

next please…

Everyone except for warriors know they are OP

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Bring more mesmers and cry less.

On a serious note:

What it making wars broken is not they’re OP but that they’re passive and braindead effective.

Healing Signet, Cleansing Ire on Longbow, Zerker stance and stuff like this is basically full cheese mode.

I would also make wars lose an adrenaline stack when the burst skill misses.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

next please…

Everyone except for warriors know they are OP

never played a warrior, dude. i run a spirit ranger. ^^,

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Warriors don’t need healing signed to be effective. I’ve fought some awesome warriors who weren’t using it, and were doing fine. But nerfing its flat hp/sec isn’t a good way either. Make it connected with adrenaline, or anything, only not flat healing per second. Flat heal will be always either OP or UP, not to mention it is boring and hard to counter.

Cleansing ire has to be removed. Berserker stance is fine, just slighty reduce its duration.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

^ You do realize that barely anybody played warrior before the HS buff right? That was with long stuns, zerker stance, and CI.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

^ You do realize that barely anybody played warrior before the HS buff right? That was with long stuns, zerker stance, and CI.

No one played warriors for a while because they had no idea how good they had become. Then after a couple top teams used them in webcasted tournaments, and the warriors were crushing spirit rangers on sidepoints, people finally realized that warriors had been buffed enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

My point stands, hambow didn’t work in tournies until healing signet buffs were in. That’s pretty bold to insinuate that players weren’t trying to make it work before that.

I’m not saying warriors weren’t overtuned, but I will argue they’re closer to the cliff of being useful than people realize.