Warriors in PvP, this is just silly.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I don’t really know what’s all the fuss about, Warriors are actually fairly manageable.

I find granade and bomb spam Engineers the worst contenders, they make team fights incredibly one sided and the build itself is the lamest thing in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Mesmers are better. Just huge damage output, they go stealth, they kitten you up, they confuse the kitten out of you, they wreck you.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Mesmers are better. Just huge damage output, they go stealth, they kitten you up, they confuse the kitten out of you, they wreck you.

That in duels, maybe.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

GL with warriors, you have to be masochist if you’re still playing PvP with this pathetic meta anyways. I gave up long time ago and joined the dark side.

All is vain.

in PvP

redslion.9675

GL with warriors, you have to be masochist if you’re still playing PvP with this pathetic meta anyways. I gave up long time ago and joined the dark side.

I played warrior and fell in love with the class before buffs, when it was the hardest ;_;

I don’t like mesmers, too pink. Engineers makes me feel equal to all the others with 3-kit condi (time to play power-control). I find Guardians and Ranger concept boring. Trahearne ruined necro for me and Eles won’t just shut up.XD

What can I do?xD

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

The problem is that a hammer warrior can go for Zerker Amulet for full damage, for he gets all the armor he needs from the defense traitline, which is needed for hammer.

Wat. 300 armor from 30 pts in Defense is all armor he need? Or there is a hidden talent helping you to get x2 armor? Show me your secret build.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

redslion.9675

The problem is that a hammer warrior can go for Zerker Amulet for full damage, for he gets all the armor he needs from the defense traitline, which is needed for hammer.

Wat. 300 armor from 30 pts in Defense is all armor he need? Or there is a hidden talent helping you to get x2 armor? Show me your secret build.

300 armor is the difference between a glass cannon and a not-so-glass cannons.

Especially when you jump from 2100 armor to 2400. That is the difference between traiting for GS entirely or traiting for Hammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

my warrior uses rabid amulet + zerker jewel (3k armor)
still gets destroyed easily by heavy burst damage and massive condition overload.

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

My warrior build has 2,872 armor with a zerker amulet on.
The old “OP” cleric’s amulet bunker ele had 2,580 armor.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in PvP

redslion.9675

(He also had protection)

@Deimos I play with soldier’s amulet, use 3k armor and most attacks just bounce off me.

Hint: don’t dive into zergs, you are not a bunker, just a pretty tanky roamer, which can hold off the enemy on one point for some time.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Old ele was loaded with boons (protection, regen and vigor says hello) and stupidly high heal, from almost dead to full every few seconds.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I think they really need to nerf Warriors stability uptime. The only reason why they can’t be handled is because you can’t stop them from coming at you and the reason for that is 29 seconds of stability.

Drop that number to 15 and I think we’d be fine and dandy. Like this
Balanced stance trait and Skill: 4 seconds each
Dolyak: 5 seconds
Lyssa: No more stability.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

Old ele was loaded with boons (protection, regen and vigor says hello) and stupidly high heal, from almost dead to full every few seconds.

Protection is equivalent to ~800 armor. A soldier/cleric/rabid warrior can have more than 1k armor more than the old cleric ele, effectively having permanent protection in comparison. The warrior also puts out a lot of damage, where a bunker ele hit for basically nothing.

And it was nerfed out of the game. Not exactly the example you want to use to try to defend your cheese.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

in PvP

redslion.9675

Protection is equivalent to ~800 armor. A soldier/cleric/rabid warrior can have more than 1k armor more than the old cleric ele, effectively having permanent protection in comparison. The warrior also puts out a lot of damage, where a bunker ele hit for basically nothing.

And it was nerfed out of the game. Not exactly the example you want to use to try to defend your cheese.

They should nerf warrior, condi spam, evade spam from thief, AI spam from necros and rangers, and bring this game back and THEN fix things.

D/D ele would have been fine in this wretched meta.

(However, from what I remembered Ele damage wasn’t that low)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Caffynated

Why you think protection is 800 Armor?
protection reduce dmg by 33% and so it buffs ALL survival tools from a class

its like
20.000 need 20.000 dmg to kill this guy
+50% armor so need 40.000 dmg to kill him
+33% from protection needs 121212 dmg to kill this guy

i dont know when protection is calculated before armor or after and my numbers ar jsut numbers to show what im talking about but ALL survival boons,utilites buffs each other and show the EHP = effective HP or how much dmg i need to kill this guy^^

in PvP

redslion.9675

@Caffynated

protection reduce dmg by 33% and so it buffs ALL survival tools from a class

its like
20.000 need 20.000 dmg to kill this guy
+50% armor so need 40.000 dmg to kill him
+33% from protection needs 121212 dmg to kill this guy

i dont know when protection is calculated before armor or after and my numbers ar jsut numbers to show what im talking about but ALL survival boons,utilites buffs each other and show the EHP = effective HP or how much dmg i need to kill this guy^^

I fear those numbers are wrong

However, 33% damage reduction is a +50% armor increase. Here is the idea:

If we consider protection to reduce damage received by 33% no matter what your armor is (instead of X%+33% where X is the reduction from armor), this means your damage is multiplied by 0,66.
Now, if the damage calculation normally is Z/armor, where Z is fixed, now it is 0,66Z/armor

Now, let’s make an equation to see how much armor is equal to a 33% damage reduction (armor 2 is equivalent of armor 1 with perma protection):

0,66Z/armor1=Z/armor2 → Armor 2 = Armor1/0,66 → Armor 2 = 1,5*Armor1

That means Perma protection equals a 50% armor increase.

I don’t remember Eles having it or not. Just wanted to point out a thing on numbers.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

lol.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

lol.

Epic picture

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I think they really need to nerf Warriors stability uptime. The only reason why they can’t be handled is because you can’t stop them from coming at you and the reason for that is 29 seconds of stability.

My point as well. Actually, i do not mind so much warriors builds. It’s surely annoying facing 2 or 3 every match, but the extra mechanics are really not balanced.

The etendard to get up people, and the " easy " stability to finish are way too problematic and can sometimes give complete unfair loses.

in PvP

Caffynated.5713

@Caffynated

800 is probably a little low, but it’s not that far off as far as quick guesstimates go.

Say you were hit by an attack that does 2 million damage (pretty common). Depending on armor/protection, you would take:

Armor – damage
1836 = 1089
1836 +P = 729
2580 = 775
2580 +P = 519
3516 = 568

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

[/quote]

Say you were hit by an attack that does 2 million damage (pretty common).[/quote]

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

redslion.9675

Say you were hit by an attack that does 2 million damage (pretty common).

You know how damage is calculated?

That is the damage you’d get if you had 1 armor

@Caffynated

800 is probably a little low, but it’s not that far off as far as quick guesstimates go.

Say you were hit by an attack that does 2 million damage (pretty common). Depending on armor/protection, you would take:

Armor – damage
1836 = 1089
1836 +P = 729
2580 = 775
2580 +P = 519
3516 = 568

If you go full berserker. A character with 2500 armor with protection has the same damage reduction of a character 3750 armor.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Warriors exist in spvp? MM necros every game all day everyday wat
http://i.imgur.com/Xmyj5l1.jpg hold down your S key while your minions 1v5

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Warriors exist in spvp? MM necros every game all day everyday wat
http://i.imgur.com/Xmyj5l1.jpg hold down your S key while your minions 1v5

there are 2 warriors in your screenshot…so yes they exist.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Guys nobody plays necros, class is so bad, everyone beats it:( http://i.imgur.com/7iiQog4.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

When my warrior become out of meta, i ll reactive my Mesmer. They are the ball of time

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

just roll warrior, necro or engi and don’t bother playing anything else

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

(He also had protection)

@Deimos I play with soldier’s amulet, use 3k armor and most attacks just bounce off me.

Hint: don’t dive into zergs, you are not a bunker, just a pretty tanky roamer, which can hold off the enemy on one point for some time.

aye, thanks for the hint, but sometimes the zerg dives into me and it was over before i can react. ah, the joys of playing 8 vs 8 hotjoin!

perhaps its time i try out solo arena and team arena (when my guild members are ready) and see how “overpowered” warriors are.

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

just roll warrior, necro or negi and don’t bother playing anything else

And a Mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I don’t really know what’s all the fuss about, Warriors are actually fairly manageable.

I find granade and bomb spam Engineers the worst contenders, they make team fights incredibly one sided and the build itself is the lamest thing in this game.

My main gripes is that nade/bomb engineers are the hardest of hard counters in this game to melee builds. Seriously, it is completely unfair.

Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Khallis.5708

Khallis.5708

just like everything in this game … play a warrior or go play a different game.

after playing other classes and then rolling a warrior, playing the warrior is easy mode im just killing groups of stuff all day and i feel much stronger in WvW even at level 40 than my engineer at 80 in orange/ascended gear.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Guys nobody plays necros, class is so bad, everyone beats it:( http://i.imgur.com/7iiQog4.jpg

Dude, switch to your bow and spam AoE and loot at minions dying.

Do I really have to teach Warriors how to faceroll?

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

Arena net pls tweak traitline a bit and also reduce beserker stance in half like it was before and warr should be fine.If u nerf healing signet warr will again be a free kill,just cut stances in half for begining and tweak defensive traits a bit and u improved meta for 200%

in PvP

redslion.9675

Dude, switch to your bow and spam AoE and loot at minions dying.

Do I really have to teach Warriors how to faceroll?

If you are a necro, you have no right to talk.

However, he wasn’t complaining about necros beating him, he just realized they are played.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I myself play as a condi necro and warriors are just impossible to win from.

They have like 3-4 stuns, perma stability ( this means i cant fear em and never counter the insane burst they do), they have i condi removal (Berserker’s stance is just silly). Even when i do condi dmg the rgeneration from that sigil is rly high, combined with that very high healthpoool, i just cant get them down, ever.

Even with other classes i struggle immensely and when we fight 2-3 of them in a tournament its unbeatable. When there are 3 of them together at mid, noone can kill them.

Pls Anet nerf this class

They dont have perm stability..Look into the class before saying things that aren’t remotely true.
They dont have to have 3 stuns,Unless they Choose to use stun weapons.
How is berserk silly ? Because it;s the only viable thing for a warr to hold off condis for 8 sec and youre not being clever enough to pay attention to boons and stances and learning to keep distance and wait 8 sec before blasting all your condis away? a warr with no boons,and stances,utilities on cooldown..is a broken warr.
Really..youre asking for a class to be Nerfed because you lack the skill to kill it,think its a class balance issue while in reality its you that’s the problem.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in PvP

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

berserker stance is silly because it’s a 8-10 second complete immunity to a certain damage type – while immunities with a short duration are fine, as in timing is required to avoid the big hitters or just to survive for a tad bid longer till your heal is back off cooldown, such a long lasting immunity surely isn’t and is pretty much devoid of skill, add in the other factors like healing signet and cleansing ire and there you go, a pretty dull experience that (offers little to)no counterplay at all, which is a wrong approach imo.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

However, he wasn’t complaining about necros beating him, he just realized they are played.

So what?
Minionmancer are the most straightforward build to play.

I usually let noobs of my guild play it and then let them bunk close, so they can learning the mechanics without being completely useless for the team.

Also, what’s up with “If you are a necro, you have no right to talk.”?
That just made me lol.

in PvP

redslion.9675

So what?
Minionmancer are the most straightforward build to play.

I usually let noobs of my guild play it and then let them bunk close, so they can learning the mechanics without being completely useless for the team.

Also, what’s up with “If you are a necro, you have no right to talk.”?
That just made me lol.

Because I always wanted to say that. You and your marks. You stinky guys share the job with General Happy Tree.XD

However, if you think all warriors are faceroll, expect others to think Necros are autoattack spammers.

in PvP

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

My point as well. Actually, i do not mind so much warriors builds. It’s surely annoying facing 2 or 3 every match, but the extra mechanics are really not balanced.

The etendard to get up people, and the " easy " stability to finish are way too problematic and can sometimes give complete unfair loses.

I haven’t played my warrior in months, but it seems hammer warrior is pretty OP. You get 2 hammer warriors in a TPvP match, it’s pretty much game over unless they really suck or your team is exceptionally good.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

berserker stance is silly because it’s a 8-10 second complete immunity to a certain damage type – while immunities with a short duration are fine, as in timing is required to avoid the big hitters or just to survive for a tad bid longer till your heal is back off cooldown, such a long lasting immunity surely isn’t and is pretty much devoid of skill, add in the other factors like healing signet and cleansing ire and there you go, a pretty dull experience that (offers little to)no counterplay at all, which is a wrong approach imo.

Its vs condis only,were still open to direct dmg,its Only 8 sec.How is it diff when a nec turns into that blind spamming form vs a double melee warrior who is Unable to land One hit in there without berserk ? Berserk does exactly what it needs to,it grants us immunity to heavy condi spamm so were able to land a few hits while not having to worry about melting to condis for 8 sec or being unable to land a hit because of constant blind spamming.

in PvP

Posted by: Mabuse.2879

Mabuse.2879

2) Every john doe is currently playing warrior( guess why ). It also makes it that there are a lot of bad warriors that still get downed by better players. ( tho with equal skilled players , the warrior will always win )

This is why balancing MMO classes using overall player stats on spreadsheets will fail. Less skilled players (such as newbies) flock to a class just so they can do OK, and so statistically, the class only does OK.

Blizzard’s chief designer openly admitted (in front of the Game Developer Conference) that they deliberately overpowered classes in order to keep people playing, and counted forum rage as a measure of their success. I was in the room and heard him say this with my own ears. You just had to grit your teeth and redefine what winning meant to you.

I don’t know anything about Anet’s balancing strategy. I just hope, if they’re using overall stats to guide it, that it’s somehow weighted by a metric of player experience and skill. And that they’re not deliberately creating FOTM to sell character slots.

Meanwhile, I recommend this excellent game design video called Perfect Imbalance

in PvP

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

TPvP is pretty much a joke because of hambow warriors. We were getting 2-3 on the opposing team all night. Everything about this build is completely OP. I never whine on the forums about a class/build, but this is seriously absurd.