Wars healing signet

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

-Healing Signet (Passive): Reworked the formula that this passive heal uses. At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.

That is the patch note. What is actually happening is that it is healing for 392-467 (healing power variable) EVERY second. not every 3 seconds.

I am a teef
:)

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

yes, they miss wrote it, jsharp even said this on the warrior forums. Did you think healing signet need a nerf rather then buff?

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

It is? I could have sword it was every 3 seconds when I played a warrior for a couple of games or watching warriors on stream. Though I was starting to see some really kitten when HP recovery at some parts of the battle was extremely strong and HP was not going down as it was suppose to.

Maybe a random bug?

Never mind, read the other reply.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

it was a typo in the patch notes, confirmed by a dev somewhere in the war forum

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Aedh.2631

Aedh.2631

Yes, it was a typo.

If it was 392 hp/3 sec, it would actually be a nerf to healing signet.

Niamh Ruadhan – Norn guardian (Augury Rock)
Rend Brokenfist – Charr warrior (Augury Rock)

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

yes, they miss wrote it, jsharp even said this on the warrior forums. Did you think healing signet need a nerf rather then buff?

Considering wars have highest armor and highest hp in the game, sitting at 400 health per second is quite literally ridiculous.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

Yet despite this, they’re still primary target along with mesmer/necro in a team fight due to ease of killing them. I do this and I’m a war main ;-P

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Considering wars have highest armor and highest hp in the game, sitting at 400 health per second is quite literally ridiculous.

In arenas it’s balanced. The slightest bit of coordination will still wreck a warrior with healing signet up, let alone an actual premade team focusing the warrior down.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

In arenas it’s balanced. The slightest bit of coordination will still wreck a warrior with healing signet up, let alone an actual premade team focusing the warrior down.

You know, that is true then. I have to agree there with you. How about other classes, like thieves malice signet? and eles resto signet? Giving extreme love to a healing signet on a class with high armor and high health, while doing nothing for thief and ele whose health is literally half that and also armor being less, i need to call that patch not cool. /:

Edit: I agree healing signet did need a buff, and this is alright. It doesnt grant them beast/god mode, lol, but they should at least be a little fair, right?

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: GeoPro.7530

GeoPro.7530

You know, that is true then. I have to agree there with you. How about other classes, like thieves malice signet? and eles resto signet? Giving extreme love to a healing signet on a class with high armor and high health, while doing nothing for thief and ele whose health is literally half that and also armor being less, i need to call that patch not cool. /:

Edit: I agree healing signet did need a buff, and this is alright. It doesnt grant them beast/god mode, lol, but they should at least be a little fair, right?

Signet of Malice was buffed- “Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013/first#post2280967

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Nikkle.4013

malice is on hit and signet of resto is on cast. Very different mechanics then per second. Also two months ago SoR would proc twice off dodge rolls bc of EA and 5 times off hurl. It was nerfed/fixed when they fix confusion from procing extra times. If you have lots of multi hit attacks like pistol whip or dagger storm SoM can heal a lot.

Ele’s have much more healing available to them then warriors, thief’s have stealth/evades/blinds. I think you are overestimating the worth of heavy armor in this game.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I would rather have SoM on my Warrior then the current HS.

Whirling Axe healing me for 9750 with no healing power!? YES PLEASE!

What your forgetting is: Opportunity Cost

Heavy Armor is almost nothing in this game btw…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

The difference between heavy and light is 15% reduced damage. Dont tell me that is nothing . Then there is double the health pool. You cant honestly say double the health pool is nothing either.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

You keep acting as if high health means something. The classes with less health have frequent access to other things, such as protection (which makes your comment about highest armor hilarious) and vigor (guardian can have it every time they crit for a mere 5 points). Healing Signet is completely fair. In the majority of cases, Healing Surge is still better because you are less susceptible to spike damage and poison spam.

It is also pretty well known that vitality is the least desirable stat in HotM. Nobody uses Knight’s Amulet, there is a reason for that.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Signet of malicewas buffed too..And to be honest healing signet isnt that op considering you will eat all the poison in the ktten world and it will affect some of your heal without you being able to do something about it.Or the fact that you cant burst heal and the active is kinda bad
What really boggles my mind is why anet nerfed signet of restoration so hard..(-20% plus removed healign from e a)
To get the healing of warriors signet you need to do more than 2 skills per second averagly and thats immposible in a weapon like staff for example..Not to mention the cooldown and also kittenty active..

And btw high health means a LOT .Especially in a class that has the moility to reset fights by going out of combat or the damage to do wonders the extra seconds that health will provide him..Warriors arent the poor puppies the once were :P

(edited by Avead.5760)

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

The difference between heavy and light is 15% reduced damage. Dont tell me that is nothing . Then there is double the health pool. You cant honestly say double the health pool is nothing either.

Very overblown…

The difference between light-medium-heavy is basicly only 250-150 toughness, which is a piece of armor. That is pretty much 1-4% max.

When you get to higher levels, or SPVP, the difference is miniscule.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Read above. You have to factor everything in class balance. Your argument is like me looking at classes that have decent access to protection and vigor and whining that it is overpowered.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

More like, it would heal you for roughly 1750, with a 3 second cast time, without being able to gain that kind of healing for another 20 seconds (ASSUMING you hit every single attack). In 3 seconds of healing signet you gain 1200 health. Disparity much?

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

More like, it would heal you for roughly 1750, with a 3 second cast time, without being able to gain that kind of healing for another 20 seconds (ASSUMING you hit every single attack). In 3 seconds of healing signet you gain 1200 health. Disparity much?

LOL… you should of seen why Omnomberry Pies were nerfed bub.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

Very overblown…

The difference between light-medium-heavy is basicly only 250-150 toughness, which is a piece of armor. That is pretty much 1-4% max.

You’re very wrong on that. it is -7% damage reduction from medium to heavy, and from light to heavy, it is -15% reduction.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Very overblown…

You’re very wrong on that. it is +7% damage reduction from medium to heavy, and from light to heavy, it is -15% reduction.

Now do that with full soldiers gear.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

And btw high health means a LOT .Especially in a class that has the moility to reset fights by going out of combat or the damage to do wonders the extra seconds that health will provide him..Warriors arent the poor puppies the once were :P

It really doesn’t. I’d easily trade the health for vigor every time I crit and some on demand protection. lol

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Avead.5760

It really doesn’t. I’d easily trade the health for vigor every time I crit and some on demand protection. lol

I never said it means EVERYTHING.I said that the higher health is a benefit that you cant ignore when taking balance into account.Especially in short lasting fights which is between high dps builds.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

And soon you will see why sig of healing will be nerfed soon bub. LOL

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Avead.5760

Very overblown…

You’re very wrong on that. it is +7% damage reduction from medium to heavy, and from light to heavy, it is -15% reduction.

Now do that with full soldiers gear.

Yeah that is when both have no toughness investment.Then it drops and if you invest everything in toughness the difference almost disappears.But its still that big between glass cannons

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

Yes, because Healing Signet (a perfectly balanced skill) is so comparable to Axe 5 giving you a second pretty much full heal every 20 seconds (or whatever the cooldown is, can’t remember atm). lol

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Damage Reduction of a Full Toughness geared out Necromancer/Elementalist/Mesmer:
Damage Reduction 42.54% (This is ascended.)

Damage Reduction of a Full Toughness geared out Warrior/Guardian:
Damage Reduction 48.8% (This is ascended.)

Greatest difference between Light/Heavy Armor = 6.24%

Protection = 33%. (26.76% better then having 2 armor classes.)

The difference in an armor stat is literally 3%, it does not matter that much compared to boons like protection.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

That is your opinion. an extra 10 thousand health is an extra 10 thousand health. Whether you want to trade it in for whatever, it doesnt change the fact that vigor does not directly correlate for survivability, and eles cannot get that much protection to begin with, unless you’re running one specific build spec’d directly for survival. The difference between wars and eles is that eles need to spec for survival, so they lose a lot of damage. wars just naturally have survival, and if specced for survival can go a lot further with that. or they could run damage specs and be as tanky as an ele specced into survival while doing 10x more damage.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

Yes, because Healing Signet (a perfectly balanced skill) is so comparable to Axe 5 giving you a second pretty much full heal every 20 seconds (or whatever the cooldown is, can’t remember atm). lol

Since when is 1,800 health 5.5k health..??

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Nikkle.4013

The difference between wars and eles is that eles need to spec for survival, so they lose a lot of damage. wars just naturally have survival, and if specced for survival can go a lot further with that. or they could run damage specs and be as tanky as an ele specced into survival while doing 10x more damage.

This…. is… idk. Just going to ignore this thread now.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

The difference between wars and eles is that eles need to spec for survival, so they lose a lot of damage. wars just naturally have survival, and if specced for survival can go a lot further with that. or they could run damage specs and be as tanky as an ele specced into survival while doing 10x more damage.

Yeah… gonna bat out of this one.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

The classic “you win, but I’m a sore loser” closer.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

It’s more like they realize that no amount of common sense or logic is going to change your mind because you are not looking at it objectively. Why waste time on arguing with someone who just constantly spouts off made up numbers and ignores the facts?

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

It’s more like they realize that no amount of common sense or logic is going to change your mind because you are not looking at it objectively. Why waste time on arguing with someone who just constantly spouts off made up numbers and ignores the facts?

I can say the same for you, but youre the one getting off topic with personal attacks now.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

I can say the same for you, but youre the one getting off topic with personal attacks now.

It is not a personal attack, it is a valid observation. That is why they left. You asked, I answered. They gave you facts, you spewed inaccuracies.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

It is not a personal attack, it is a valid observation. That is why they left. You asked, I answered. They gave you facts, you spewed inaccuracies.

I never asked anything from you. You tell me I spew inaccuracies, yet you spew them yourself. Whether or not it’s up to you to decide whether your own observation is deemed valid or not is not the point of this thread.

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

People who complain about warriors have no idea how patethic they look.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, when facing berserker warrior I know my job will be easier than with other classes. Their damage is heavy, but easily predictable.

A GC war lasts less than a GC thief, thanks to his stealth.

The advantage comes differently: warriors can play well rounded builds better (good damage and good damage-taking capability). Is it OP? Considering how pvp goes, I don’t think so.

IMHO they are much worse GCs than other classes and awful bunkers. But are better in the middle.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Ashanor.5319

I never asked anything from you. You tell me I spew inaccuracies, yet you spew them yourself. Whether or not it’s up to you to decide whether your own observation is deemed valid or not is not the point of this thread.

and, we are done here. lol

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Warriors.Naturally.Have.Survival.

Wow. Just wow.

What game are we talking about btw?

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Yeah, actually, it’d heal for 100*15 = 1500 health, assuming you hit every hit, which you won’t if you’re playing against somebody half-competent.

As the commenter below mentioned to you, there is a fairly significant reduction in damage taken between heavy armor and light armor (it’s actually more like ~14.2%, but he/she was close enough). If every class was the exact same (exact same traits, weapons, attacks, etc), except for the armor, then, assuming ceteris paribus, the warrior would be doing about ~16.5% more damage over the course of its lifetime due to the increased armor lengthening his lifespan. A lot of top builds, in comparison to one another, end up being somewhere around that distance from one another within classes. For example, when comparing my tank build versus Jumper’s DPS build, I do ~20% more damage over the course of my lifetime than he does. That doesn’t necessarily make my build superior, as there are a wide variety of strategies that opponents can take up that can do things like turn toughness (for example) into a lost opportunity cost. It also results in a sort of “trinity” of build superiority over other builds, ie Tank wins against DPS, Bunker Wins against Tank, DPS wins against Bunker. Of course, even that statement in and of itself is somewhat inaccurate, but it gives you a rough idea of the scheme of things.

Also, @Ashanor: I wouldn’t be so sure that vitality is “the least desirable stat in HotM”, or that, if it is, it’s only due to pathetic biases on the behalf of sPvP players. At base, for a Medium armor class, Vitality increases real health for about twice of how much toughness increases real health. It takes about 900 vitality for an individual point of toughness to be able to amplify real health by the same amount that an individual point of vitality does.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Saint.4732

Saint.4732

-Healing Signet (Passive): Reworked the formula that this passive heal uses. At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.

That is the patch note. What is actually happening is that it is healing for 392-467 (healing power variable) EVERY second. not every 3 seconds.

Yeah it was stated that it was a typo. That being said I don’t see why signet of healing is being complained about. It isn’t that great unless players go for a full regen build which taxes several dps variables and balances the build out anyway. Even with a full regen build the warrior still can be taken out. People have to keep in mind that warriors do indeed have armor and extra hp. However they are severely lacking in boons and survivability utility’s. As appose to the survivability of other classes warriors are still easily wrecked in skilled fights. I personally don’t even use signet of healing as I find that it is more useful to top myself off with Healing Surge after taking a huge burst of dps from the enemy. That being said, sure I can run around like an idiot not doing dps and running away to try and get HP back, but then this makes the build similar to that of a thief going invis and running away. Accept we cannot go invis and the enemy will either let us run or find a way to stop us and finish us off.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, actually, it’d heal for 100*15 = 1500 health, assuming you hit every hit, which you won’t if you’re playing against somebody half-competent.

As the commenter below mentioned to you, there is a fairly significant reduction in damage taken between heavy armor and light armor (it’s actually more like ~14.2%, but he/she was close enough). If every class was the exact same (exact same traits, weapons, attacks, etc), except for the armor, then, assuming ceteris paribus, the warrior would be doing about ~16.5% more damage over the course of its lifetime due to the increased armor lengthening his lifespan. A lot of top builds, in comparison to one another, end up being somewhere around that distance from one another within classes. For example, when comparing my tank build versus Jumper’s DPS build, I do ~20% more damage over the course of my lifetime than he does. That doesn’t necessarily make my build superior, as there are a wide variety of strategies that opponents can take up that can do things like turn toughness (for example) into a lost opportunity cost. It also results in a sort of “trinity” of build superiority over other builds, ie Tank wins against DPS, Bunker Wins against Tank, DPS wins against Bunker. Of course, even that statement in and of itself is somewhat inaccurate, but it gives you a rough idea of the scheme of things.

Also, @Ashanor: I wouldn’t be so sure that vitality is “the least desirable stat in HotM”, or that, if it is, it’s only due to pathetic biases on the behalf of sPvP players. At base, for a Medium armor class, Vitality increases real health for about twice of how much toughness increases real health. It takes about 900 vitality for an individual point of toughness to be able to amplify real health by the same amount that an individual point of vitality does.

Total Armor: Light=920 Medium=1064 Heavy=1211
The difference between Light/Medium/Heavy Armor is about 150 Toughness per tier, less then you get with a Signet buff.

Please don’t type on these forums unless you know what your talking about, thank you

150 toughness is not even 5% damage reduction, 300 won’t be 16%.

Toughness facts
Heavy armor classes get +36% armor by adding 798 toughness
Medium armor classes +39% armor by adding 798 toughness
Cloth classes +42% armor by adding 798 toughness

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Oh look, another person who doesn’t understand basic game mechanics come to complain about Healing Signet.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

The difference between Light/Medium/Heavy Armor is about 150 Toughness per tier, less then you get with a Signet buff.

Please don’t type on these forums unless you know what your talking about, thank you

Toughness facts

Y’know, I’m okay with people being an kitten to me about subjective ideas, but when it comes to mathematics, you’re really screwing with the wrong guy here.

For a medium armor class, adding 150 toughness results in:

(1980)/(1980+150) = 1980/2130 = ~92.96% of the damage you would’ve taken originally, or about 7% damage reduction.

Also, I stated that 300 toughness from the base for a light-armored class is about 14% reduction in damage, not 16%, but nonetheless:

(1836)/(1836+300)= 1836/2136 = 85.96% damage from previously, or about 14.04% damage reduction from base (I said 14.2% originally because of a slight error in the amount of armor I thought that lightly armored classes have. Nonetheless, the difference is only extremely small, about .16%).

Of course, you didn’t even factor in kittening base toughness into your numbers, which is hugely problematic. Grow the hell up.

Where the hell are your kitten equations? Don’t spit in the face of half a year of research into the game when your pebble-sized brain can’t even comprehend basic division.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

The Game Slayer.7632

Toughness facts

Y’know, I’m okay with people being an kitten to me about subjective ideas, but when it comes to mathematics, you’re really screwing with the wrong guy here.

(1980)/(1980+150) = 1980/2130 = ~92.96% of the damage you would’ve taken originally, or about 7% damage reduction.

Also, I stated that 300 toughness from the base for a light-armored class is about 14% reduction in damage, not 16%, but nonetheless:

(1836)/(1836+300)= 1836/2136 = 85.96% damage from previously, or about 14.04% damage reduction from base (I said 14.2% originally because of a slight error in the amount of armor I thought that lightly armored classes have. Nonetheless, the difference is only extremely small, about .16%).

Of course, you didn’t even factor in kittening base toughness into your numbers, which is hugely problematic. Grow the hell up.

Where the hell are your kitten equations? Don’t spit in the face of half a year of research into the game when your pebble-sized brain can’t even comprehend basic division.

+1

I am a teef

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Toughness facts

That only decreases your case, because your not adding toughness from gear you can get. That only makes the numbers between the armor EVEN WEAKER

In other games, mages usually have 1/4 the armor, when in this game its more like 9/10th.

Please just grow up, your proving a base amount and not what people realistically use, Provide the numbers after 2750 armor, because your obviously not taking in diminishing returns here.

At the very base of toughness: 6-9%
At the high end of toughness: 1-3%

Factor this in please, because toughness/armor gets worse and worse the more you get.

2750 Armor = 33% Damage Reduction.
Protection = 33% Damage Reduction.

Your class, the one you come in and complain about, has protection, so they take a lot less damage then warriors do, in fact warriors should get access to it.

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Bud.5617

Bud.5617

I don’t play warrior, but I do somewhat think they need that HS buff though. Before that, warriors weren’t even in sPvP, at all. The ones that’re there were just free lunch.

I think it suits the class all right, otherwise they really do drop like flies. That said the damage however, might be another matter…

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Arganthium.5638

Toughness facts

That only decreases your case, because your not adding toughness from gear you can get. That only makes the numbers between the armor EVEN WEAKER

In other games, mages usually have 1/4 the armor, when in this game its more like 9/10th.

Please just grow up, your proving a base amount and not what people realistically use, Provide the numbers after 2750 armor, because your obviously not taking in diminishing returns here.

Factor this in please, because toughness/armor gets worse and worse the more you get.

Of course, but you’re missing out two bolded words you put into this thread earlier: Opportunity Cost.

Do you know why D/X thieves always die so easily? It’s because, in the current meta, they’re given virtually 0 additional toughness to what they have, even though they could easily survive much longer. But didn’t you just say that, realistically speaking, people have over 2750 armor? Well that’s obviously not true, because if you take that much toughness, you have to sacrifice other stats like power and precision. You can’t wear full Soldier’s gear while also wearing full Zerker gear.

That’s why it’s far more appropriate to compare armor when additional toughness is 0. It’s because, when additional toughness is 0, you haven’t inflicted any opportunity costs upon yourself yet. That’s when build formulation comes in, and that’s entirely variable across everybody.

You want to act like everybody’s running around with +2750 armor? Fine, but you’d better provide the evidence for it, or shut the hell up.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Wars healing signet

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Toughness facts

Of course, but you’re missing out two bolded words you put into this thread earlier: Opportunity Cost.

Do you know why D/X thieves always die so easily? It’s because, in the current meta, they’re given virtually 0 additional toughness to what they have, even though they could easily survive much longer. But didn’t you just say that, realistically speaking, people have over 2750 armor? Well that’s obviously not true, because if you take that much toughness, you have to sacrifice other stats like power and precision. You can’t wear full Soldier’s gear while also wearing full Zerker gear.

That’s why it’s far more appropriate to compare armor when additional toughness is 0. It’s because, when additional toughness is 0, you haven’t inflicted any opportunity costs upon yourself yet. That’s when build formulation comes in, and that’s entirely variable across everybody.

You want to act like everybody’s running around with +2750 armor? Fine, but you’d better provide the evidence for it, or shut the hell up.

D/P Thieves die easy? …
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Nerf-Black-Powder-Heartseeker/page/5#post2521117

Are we playing the same game?

Calm down kid, no need to cuss.

Also, yes I can. I just did. Its always better to compare to what the most they can get and not the least.