Weapon switch cooldown should be low!

in PvP

Posted by: Sinister.5792

Sinister.5792

Warriors have 4s weapon switch cooldown
Engineers have Kits
Elementalists have attunements

what do you guys think should the weapon switch coooldown should be???

I think devs need to adjust it at 4 seconds

Warrior 4s weaponswitch cooldown
Engineer (still unlimited) thats fine
Elementalist 9s (gets lowered when have trait to reduce cd) is enough because they have 4 attunements
Thief 4s weaponswitch cooldown
mesmer 4s weaponswitch cooldown
ranger 4s weapon switch cooldown
necro 4s weaponswitch cooldown
guardian 4s weaponswitch cooldown

why im saying this..

Because weaponskills have very long cooldowns… i think its time to allow players to swap weapons every 4s to use some skills… because spamming 1 is not good..

what do you guys think?

EDIT1: also adjust the weapon swap sigils too(if you think its good).. but i think the swap sigils are fine… only the weapon change needs to be lowered.. because warrior so imba, engi so imba, ele so imba

inb4 Q.Qmodes

I kill 2 birds with over 9000 stones

in PvP

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

You argue a good point but lowering the weapon swap CD would only break it.

- Warrior 4sec weaponswap is on every warrior because of the way their traitlines are set up. It’s simply so easy to trait for it that every warrior does it. Trait has to be revamped.

- Engineer kits need a small cooldown, I have been saying this forever, infinte skills rotations with no cooldown or penalty to swapping kits is the main reason engineers have no skill ceiling and are thus stupidly OP if played by a pro.

- Ele’s are fine as is, they swap often and keep in mind that attunements are their class mechanic. It’s important this not be nerfed of buffed too much.

Weaponswapping is a huge part of balance because it decides how skills can synergise and which rotations are feasible. High cooldowns enforce smart and carefully timed skills but can also hamper gameplay and synergy. Lower cooldowns encourage immense spamming of all manner of synergising skills, to the point where there’s an infinite loop of skills that never stops.

in PvP

Sinister.5792

I do agree warrior trait needs revamping, and maybe i could agree with you with engineer and ele, however, some classes are very poorly designed with skills, plus its much better to have more skills to use rather than mashing one button.

but in this case thieves will need overhaul due to initiative because spamming disabling shot aint good… actually they should remove iniative at all as it is a broken game mechanic.

the game really needs a huge overhaul when it comes to dodges from
ranger/thief and those conditions / skills that apply easy conditions / one hit button instant gg / and whole lot more.. and they also need to adjust everything to get rid of passive play… healing signet / signet of restoration needs adjustment definitely, the passive healing is really terrible… over all they need to adjust things to get rid of those horrible mechanics..

EDIT: to make gw2 hardcore *cough *cough wildstar *cough harcore *cough

in PvP

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Default cool down is 10, not 9.

Warrior with fast hands is 5, not 4.

Thief can spam skills.

Warrior, engi and ele do NOT need gigantic raging nerfs to this aspect of their class.

If faster weapon switching is appealing to you, and how you’d prefer to play, then play one of those 4 classes.

What you are suggesting here is a massive overhaul of each class, and creating even more balance problems on top of what already exists.

ANet can’t even give us monthly balance patches/meta shake ups, and you think they’d be able to handle something like this in any sort of semi decent way?

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

4s weapon swaps will break a lot of classes. The ability to switch from melee to range will be extremely strong on a thief but broken strong on a mesmer, considering how clone production skills have low CDs (phase retreat, mirror blade etc).

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Ye sure just leave thief on 9 seconds cause they have no cooldowns, and who wants to have no recover time after you forced thief into shortbow…

I mean you just want this cause of long cooldowns on weapon skills and not to be immortal on thief right? RIGHT?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Classes that don’t have traits like Fast Hands or skills like Kits are designed around not having them. Reducing weapon swapping time would no doubt make some builds stupidly broken. Imagine a DPS Meditation Guard with lower swap times (shudder).

Also as stated above it’s 5 seconds not 4. If you’re going to say things about another class make darn sure what you’re saying is accurate.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Might make the game more fun, but yes it would require rebalancing of pretty much everything.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Sinister.5792

Ye sure just leave thief on 9 seconds cause they have no cooldowns, and who wants to have no recover time after you forced thief into shortbow…

I mean you just want this cause of long cooldowns on weapon skills and not to be immortal on thief right? RIGHT?

oh shet leeto you’re good at guessing you got me

im joking… but seriously game needs serious balance…

pvp is terrible with only spamming 1…

imagine

guard spamming 1

necro spamming 1

ranger spamming 1

thief spamming 1 / 3 sbow

[Insert class here who just spams 1]

to me, this is unacceptable.. spamming only 1 skill is so stupid… if they want to make things right, they should do it the right way, not the jokers way… batman would get kittened like everyone else.

edit: plus it forces the game to more active play, with skills being used, players increase awareness on what needs to be interrupted/evade/etc etc.. however as mentioned, classes needs a huge overhaul/revamping especially in traits and skills…

the skills/traits/classes are very poorly designed [ i blame the lazy devs and the designers. clearly they lack passion to the game] (or they just really did it all for the money which we all know about)

(edited by Sinister.5792)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Atleast be Fair and dont act like all warrs have a standard 4 ( Its 5 sec btw ) weap swap cd.They Trait for it,meaning they will have to give up something else in order to achieve this…It’s a bad idea,and would make things even more unbalanced as they currently are,for obvious reasons.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)