Weird Ranger Not Fighting on Point

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Recently I’ve been teamed against strange ranger builds that seem to do nothing but stand outside the circle and autoattack. Considering that I play a decap engi, I feel my skills are wasted. Why knock someone off point when they’re already off point?

Not just that, they seem to do nothing but autoattack. Needless to say this doesn’t bother me one bit. I can pop my healing turrent and almost mitigate the damage with regeneration alone. They also have a lot of “pets”.

So what’s the deal? In all honesty it’s not the damage (non existent) that bothers me. It’s the constant noise. Pew, pew, pew, pew. For what. At least stand on the point!

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

It’s the new meta. Decap Ranger – noone decaps their own point better.

Seriously, I’ve seen a lot of fighting not-on-point today. Something odd is happening…

in PvP

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Elaborate on "They also have a lot of "pets"" please…

What pet are they running, what weapon set. Obviously bow but which one?

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Elaborate on "They also have a lot of "pets"" please…

What pet are they running, what weapon set. Obviously bow but which one?

I guess the “pets” are the Spirits. So a Spirit Ranger with a longbow/shortbow probably

in PvP

Posted by: Robin Skyshroud.1863

Robin Skyshroud.1863

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Recently I’ve been teamed against strange ranger builds that seem to do nothing but stand outside the circle and autoattack. Considering that I play a decap engi

Stopped reading there.

in PvP

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

you mean people don’t sit on circles?

blasphemous

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

I guess the “pets” are the Spirits. So a Spirit Ranger with a longbow/shortbow probably

bhagwad isnt newbie to be clueless about spirits. im curios.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Today I saw a few rangers with a rock dog from ogre runes in addition to the pet. Maybe that is what he meant?

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

you can also get pet from on kill sigil, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Recently I’ve been teamed against strange ranger builds that seem to do nothing but stand outside the circle and autoattack. Considering that I play a decap engi,

You are an expert at making people not care about your opinion.

I feel my skills are wasted.

skills

decap engi

Please, my sides can’t take any more.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Yeah, it was a spirit ranger alright. I just used the word “pets” to refer to sundry AI that people carry around these days. Should have realized it has special meaning for a ranger!

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

If he comes on the point you’ll start throwing him around like a sack of potatoes. So I guess he’s standing away just waiting for a teammate to help him to kill you.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

If he comes on the point you’ll start throwing him around like a sack of potatoes. So I guess he’s standing away just waiting for a teammate to help him to kill you.

Suits me

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Was he playing the infamous bear-bow build, and/or rank <10? He was probably new and just using an easy class that he got through PvE with to see “what all this pvp stuff is about” and was thoroughly confused about the value of fighting on point. In PvE letting your bear tank while you pew from a safe distance is a good strat to survive and get through content, so how can you expect him to know to change it up when trying out pvp?

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Was he playing the infamous bear-bow build, and/or rank <10? He was probably new and just using an easy class that he got through PvE with to see “what all this pvp stuff is about” and was thoroughly confused about the value of fighting on point. In PvE letting your bear tank while you pew from a safe distance is a good strat to survive and get through content, so how can you expect him to know to change it up when trying out pvp?

He was using a wolf. With knockdowns and the “fear” howl. And spirits. You’re right – I should have looked at his rank. I’m sure I’ll meet another one today.

in PvP

Posted by: makeesh.4180

makeesh.4180

Rangers dont fight on point?
I understand this ppls I dont wanna fight on point either…
Why?
Quiet easy we dont have a hammer to swing over our head like a viking or hit everything with our staff auto-attack no matter where we point.
We have bows (BOW’s not only longbows) that need a little distance cause we are a SKIRMISHING class (thanks to ANet) so we lure our enemy around the field.
So Ranger is the worst class for a “Cap the Point” gamemode ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Tatsuo.1478

Tatsuo.1478

OP what’s the point for ranger to fight 1v1 on point (if you hold it)? Rangers don’t have many knock backs, so he can’t just kick you out of point. I myself many times fight 1v1 with my ranger outside point if see I will be at disadvantage in a melee, but then I use range as advantage and don’t let some1 like decap engi destroy me with all their melee stuff.
So I would say it is better to get point without first going in point, then just mindlessly going trying to cap and then just die like a chump.

As for that ranger only using auto attack, that’s different story. Maybe he just gone afk knowing you won’t go for him anyway or he is newbie

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It’s the new meta. Decap Ranger – noone decaps their own point better.

Seriously, I’ve seen a lot of fighting not-on-point today. Something odd is happening…

lol. well played

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, it was a spirit ranger alright. I just used the word “pets” to refer to sundry AI that people carry around these days. Should have realized it has special meaning for a ranger!

I’ve never seen a range ranger use spirits. It just doesn’t make sense.