What I Would like to See Next ToL Series...

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Since ANet has unofficially announced the next series to happen in June/July I would love for it to be more organized, and have a better system. This includes a) better infrastructure

I thus recommend the following:

• Host a 4 week seeding mini-series starting in July. This mini-series can be open enrollment to any team at any point. Weekly tournaments will be held, each consecutive set victory will earn the respective team seeding points towards the ToL championship series.
    • Stream the semi-final and final rounds of each of these weekly tournaments. We should expect a lot of entries for these tournaments, and naturally not all of them should be streamed, it’ll be too time consuming. EU series can be streamed on Saturday; NA series can be streamed on Sundays—or any other two days.
    • Small in-game rewards for each weekly victor. Rewards are are an additional incentive (other than seeding points) for teams to stay together, try different things each week, and keep on fighting!
  • There needs to be punishment for cheating and intentional bug-abusing in tournaments ALL future tournaments. This shouldn’t even be an issue or a question at this point.
  • Teams that don’t show for a match should receive a penalty. Not showing up to a match because you didn’t feel like playing in it is disrespectful to viewers, your opponent, and administrators. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated in any future tournament.
    • Not showing up to a weekly mini-series match should deduct a sizeable amount of seeding points from your teams tally.
    • Not showing up to a championship match should disqualify your team from participating in the next championship series all together.

I think overall this past ToL went well and it had a great showing, but it had a lot of administrative and infrastructural issues that could be easily dealt with with better preparation.

Thanks for reading,
Ac

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

What I don’t want to see:

- “known” teams having special privileges (being seeded without having to go through the same process as everyone else)

- tolerance towards any type of exploits

- 6 or more hours of tourney in a day, it’s too much

- shoutcasters that are just not good enough and need more practice

- egoquitting and trashtalking

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

What I want to see:

- More kill shot warriors

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: JTan.1687

JTan.1687

You can add class limit to 1 add some specific amulet limit too if u guys like. I think it will be more balance? :

Super Mang Jose,Naomi j,Chzerie,Despicable Me
Champion Genius, Legionnaire, Paragon, Hunter, Illusionist,Phantom,Magus.
Undercoverism[UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

- “known” teams having special privileges (being seeded without having to go through the same process as everyone else)

Think EU demonstrated that if there’s league system in place already it’s a pretty safe bet to have 8 seeded teams.

Not one of the randomly selected teams got through the first round to my knowledge.

If anything we need more seeded teams as it seemed like a ton of hassle just for them to get rolled…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Think EU demonstrated that if there’s league system in place already it’s a pretty safe bet to have 8 seeded teams.

Not one of the randomly selected teams got through the first round to my knowledge.

If anything we need more seeded teams as it seemed like a ton of hassle just for them to get rolled…

It’s a tournament and it should be free for everyone to enter. Everyone should be on the same level.
This is why automated tournaments in GW1 were so popular. Everyone was always equal and first round matchup was randomised. It is a tourney for itself, it should have nothing to do what you are like on some other league or whatever. Some players might choose not to participate in them, that doesn’t mean they are any less worthy.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

It’s a tournament and it should be free for everyone to enter. Everyone should be on the same level.
This is why automated tournaments in GW1 were so popular. Everyone was always equal and first round matchup was randomised. It is a tourney for itself, it should have nothing to do what you are like on some other league or whatever. Some players might choose not to participate in them, that doesn’t mean they are any less worthy.

I dunno man they called it the tournament of legends, publicised it heavily and gave legendaries to the winning team. A few hardcore players returned just to compete.

Seems to me like a tournament to decide the best active team, not a random opportunity to grab a legendary..

If that’s the case they would be doing a disservice to the competitive community not to seed teams considered (evidently) the most likely to progress.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Acandis.3250

I think seeding overall will just make things more fair, and it adds an additional incentive to participate in more than just 1 tournament every couple of months.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

The only special consideration should be AFTER the teams have been decided, the teams most favored to win should be seeded such that they don’t play each other early on. it would be dumb to have the 2 best teams fighting it out in round 1 and so the 2nd best team there is didn’t even get to round 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Ill probs get some hate fot his but:

- No classstacking.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

The only special consideration should be AFTER the teams have been decided, the teams most favored to win should be seeded such that they don’t play each other early on. it would be dumb to have the 2 best teams fighting it out in round 1 and so the 2nd best team there is didn’t even get to round 2.

I would like to see something along the lines of

• Top X seeds get a by to main brackets
  • Rest of the teams start out in a Bo1 series.
  • All main bracket matches are Bo3.
  • Semifinal & Final bracket should be double elimination.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Exactly. These kind of tournaments are just worthless without giving everyone the chance to compete. I expected automated tournaments by release, its a shame it still isnt implemented. Thats the most missing part of gw2, without them there will never be a competetive scene.

in PvP

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I would like to see a clarification that the EULA are the same rules that would be applied to the tournament too. And if the EULA is not part of the tournament then clear concise rules for the tourney.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Edit: no asuras allowed in the tournament. Not fun for players, not fun for viewers.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

I do think teams should be seeded, but only according to a score they would attain by weekly tournaments that lead up to the big tournament (as acandis said, not based on being “known”). In it’s current state the seeding was not fair to other teams.

I also think the entire tournament should have been Best of 5. Having Best of 1 in the opening stages punishes teams that may have a bad start. Especially when they’re seeded unfairly.

Additionally, a disqualification should occur if you choose to withdraw or not play a game. Or if you choose to abuse known bugs.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i would go so far as to call using asuras as “abusing a known bug” as it has been proven that their animations are incorrectly scaled, and this has been acknowledged by arenanet.

it shouldn’t be a punishable offense, but it should not be allowed either.

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Better map rotation! Should’ve thrown some skyhammer and spirit watch in there to keep it interesting imo.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

i would go so far as to call using asuras as “abusing a known bug” as it has been proven that their animations are incorrectly scaled, and this has been acknowledged by arenanet.

it shouldn’t be a punishable offense, but it should not be allowed either.

TBH if we’re really talking about making the game competitive there are a few things that need to happen:

• Every player is on a human model. (This should be a CA option, so people don’t have to reroll)
  • Only basic stomp finisher is allowed. (This could also be a CA option)
  • No legendary skins allowed, or any other flashy skin that distracts viewers from the rest of the action in game.

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

When can I haz shuatcastor?

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

When can I haz shuatcastor?

Pretty sure viewership will quintuple

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

What I want to see:

- More kill shot warriors

Only thing that I cared about reading. pce.

necro

(edited by KarinaCO.6948)