What about remove scores for cap, kill, etc?

in PvP

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Hi everyone,

I want to ask to some dev to think about remove personal scores in the sPvP. I will explain better:

- 10 points if you cap, 10 points if you decap, 5 points per kill…all this things means nothing: maybe a good bunker can defen their point the whole match, 0 kill, only 1 time cap, but he do a great job defending the capture point.

- A lot of player thinks that have 200/300 points per match is cool and pro. It’s not. Playing well and with your team…that’s cool and pro.

Specially today, that a lot of PvE players come in sPvP, they think that the mroe they cap/decap/kill, the most they seems pro.
Yesterday I was in a team and 2 players flame each other:
- “You noob!”
- “Me noob? I’ve done 200 points!!11!”
- “So what? I’ve killed the Lord in solo!!11”

Useless to say that we lost that match because one of them run random in the map to try to decap and solo kill, and the other one push lord at the start so we play 50% of the match somenthing like 3vs5.

You say that you have removed the rank because it’s not a skill based, but also the scores in a match means nothing, IMHO.

What do you think about it?

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

It needs to be removed. I was playing a tournament yesterday and one of the guys says “This is my first time in PvP” and he ended up with the most points but was easily the worst player on the team, as he would cap a point and it would be lost 5 seconds later, whereas the rest of the team held the points.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Absolutely agree with this post. Those points mean nothing. Many times the person that is lowest on that list actually contributed to the team winning more than the person with 200-300.

They keep saying it is a team game, so why do we have individual scores (especially when those scores encourage bad behavior like selfish playing).

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

we have this system as a tie breaker ,if 500-500 at same time…..

A tie breaker non-Anet groups officialy dont give a smallcat

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

It needs to be removed. I was playing a tournament yesterday and one of the guys says “This is my first time in PvP” and he ended up with the most points but was easily the worst player on the team, as he would cap a point and it would be lost 5 seconds later, whereas the rest of the team held the points.

Or that guy on skyhammer who walks away with 300 points but can’t play worth a penny without spamming knockback at people walking through the door

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

I wish they’d put the ranks back in…I actually like knowing the ranks of the people I go up against…

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Dany Little Star.2837

BETTER TIE BREAK FOR 500 – 500?

1) Who have 2 capture points win;
2) If capture points are 1/1/contested, then the first team to get another 50 points wins. (example 550)
3) 550 – 550? Re-start from number 1.

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Or you know… don’t tie break. If both get 500 they both deserve to get the rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Actually to my knowledge the tie breaker system is far more horrid than that. In the event of a tie: Red wins. The end. (Don’t even get me started on how bad this programming logic is….)

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Dany Little Star.2837

Actually to my knowledge the tie breaker system is far more horrid than that. In the event of a tie: Red wins. The end. (Don’t even get me started on how bad this programming logic is….)

LOL if this thing is true….“ALL IS VAIN” fact is not enough.

Anyway…ANET speak everyday that rank means nothing (suuuuure…a r10 team vs r40 team is fair -__-), but why they don’t admit that personal score is useless?

In add of that, the personal score don’t help new players to understand the game meccanics:

- They could think that is usefull cap in mroe than 1 player because the system give 10 points of each of them(if you stay in 2 to cap close at start, somewhere in the map there is a 3vs4);

- They think that decap a point, cap it and than go away without defend it is good because they have earned 10+10 points(defending it can give you more team point because every 2 seconds the system give point for every capture points you hold);

- They think that try to stomp a downed players is everytime good because a kill is 5 points(stomp a player in the middle o AoE spam is a suicide…the other team can kill you and auto-rezz the downed player).

The fact is this: PERSONAL SCORE is dangerous for sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

I have screenshots of both times my match ended in a tie. Both times I was on red and we “won”!

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I have screenshots of both times my match ended in a tie. Both times I was on red and we “won”!

You know, statisticlly (at least in soccer) the team with red trickots wins more often.

I’m also for removing all of those personal scores.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

/signed
all points must be removed xcept for kill.
or reduce win score from 500 to 350-400 and remove points from kills too.
we are working for WIN, not for self score, right?

if they want they can keep statistics for hold/cap/def/etc, but only as statistic.

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I want to ask to some dev to think about remove personal scores in the sPvP.

+1.

Personal score means little to nothing. Get rid of it ASAP.

We have a completely different ranking and progression system now than when we did when those points were implemented. All that personal score does is promote generally bad play in the only official game mode we have (conquest).

A scoreboard that shows straight numbers of captures/defends/kills would be great, but please get rid of the personal score where killing a NPC is worth 25 personal points and a team score of 25, whereas capping and holding an objective is worth 10 personal points but can increase your team score by 150 or more over the course of a match.