What's Up man why can't MMO's get it right?

in PvP

Posted by: Warjin.8942

Warjin.8942

Nercos are beyond overpowered now, they are way to strong, way to many ways to keeps a player perma feared from 100-0.

What you guys need to understand is a class that has passive damage, like dots/pets (Damage over time) should not in any way have the control they have now, the reason is players will just end up playing like cowards and dot & run or dot and chain CC, a necro is one of those classes, classes that should have strong CC are the ones that need to stay on the target to do damage, the difference is a nercro justs needs to apply dots then CC not even having to face the target due to damage just rolling off the enemy. you guys over buffed Nercos big time, and I think you guys may know it by now.

in PvP

Posted by: Harmsworth.9741

Harmsworth.9741

stability

in PvP

Warjin.8942

stability

No use when you get chain feared , the problem is not CC alone it’s the balance with passive damage to CC ratio, lets take any other class, the can CC but they have to face and apply damage, the nerco at this point does not, they apply damage via dots & pets then chain CC from 100-0 unlike no other class

(edited by Warjin.8942)

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Are you ppl even read patch notes ? we got +0.5 sec fear from doom and Spectral Wall fear 1s. So +1.5 sec of fear is overbuff ?!xD Even if we use staff fear +1.1/4sec its not perma fear.

And yes : Stability !

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Are you ppl even read patch notes ? we got +0.5 sec fear from doom and Spectral Wall fear 1s. So +1.5 sec of fear is overbuff ?!xD Even if we use staff fear +1.1/4sec its not perma fear.

Depending on the necro you’re facing…you are mostly dead after all of that condition damage. Some profession can live through it while a few mainly the W dies first.

Pineapples

in PvP

Warjin.8942

Well it’s funny that overnight necros went from strong to overpowered and I am not the only one seeing this, I’m not sure what happen as I don’t play one but I know something is off, also Stability I agree it is key but again the balance is off, after a curtain point Stability is useless vs chain CCing along with the “set it and forget it” passive damage (dots & pet).

The balance is way off, everything needs to be balanced from damage to CC ratio, Ranged to Melee ratio & Health to Toughness ratio, this is why, example, Guardians have low base health, the ratio calls for it so the class can be balanced

(edited by Warjin.8942)

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

stability

Did I also mention that they can take boons away too? So much for stability right?

Pineapples

in PvP

emon.1863

stability

Did I also mention that they can take boons away too? So much for stability right?

Did I also mantion that you CAN EVADE IT ? xD

in PvP

Warjin.8942

stability

Some people are so ignorant that they don’t want to see reason, pay him no mind, I just want a fun balanced game, but then again not everyone sees things in such a way, they could care less so long as they feel skilled and powerful in a video game (maybe real life is lacking I don’t know), they could care less about balance and are willing turn a blind eye, to me people like that just make it harder for a MMO Dev to do there jobs as it gives them mixed signals leaving the Dev team to let things like this go under the radar for months.

I seek balance and open communication and feedback with the Dev team nothing else.

(edited by Warjin.8942)

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

stability

Since moves are instant in this game depending on your profession. How many times can you evade an attack like aoe and specifically on which profession can evade more than the other?

It looks good in writing but in actual combat you can tell which one has the most trouble.

Pineapples

in PvP

emon.1863

stability

Some people are so ignorant that they don’t want to see reason, pay him no mind, I just want a fun balanced game, but then again not everyone sees things in such a way, they could care less so long as they feel skilled and powerful in a video game (maybe real life is lacking I don’t know), they could care less about balance and will willing turn a blind eye, to me people like that just make it harder for a MMO Dev to do there jobs as they give them mixed signals leaving the Dev team to let things like this go under the radar for months.

I seek balance and open communication and feedback with the Dev team nothing else.

I seek balance in game as well, I run only necro since beta and i deffenetly can say thakittens not OP. I could handle and kill ppl pefore the patch aswell and its not a problem. The thing is that necro had no real place in tournaments, because of non vigor access (actually necro had hard access to boons ), low mobility and no escape possobilitys. In concquest game mode thous are very important aspects. Now Necro still has non of thous thing, but we got better burst that should balance our slow @sses.
I fighted some necros as mesmer today, because i am gettig sick of thous “necro op” posts and to be honest didnt see any issues to kill a necro – so it seems you just dont know how to counter this class.

in PvP

emon.1863

stability

Since moves are instant in this game depending on your profession. How many times can you evade an attack like aoe and specifically on which profession can evade more than the other?

It looks good in writing but in actual combat you can tell which one has the most trouble.

Most classes have access to vigor, so evade should be much a problem + you should not evade every attack, only the nasty once – for example corruption boon.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

stability

Some people are so ignorant that they don’t want to see reason, pay him no mind, I just want a fun balanced game, but then again not everyone sees things in such a way, they could care less so long as they feel skilled and powerful in a video game (maybe real life is lacking I don’t know), they could care less about balance and are willing turn a blind eye, to me people like that just make it harder for a MMO Dev to do there jobs as it gives them mixed signals leaving the Dev team to let things like this go under the radar for months.

Yeah I would assume they aren’t exposed to many professions in pvp to see the pros and cons on which one has the most difficulties. So I can understand why some are quick to defend their class they like to play the most.

Learning the hard way is the best experience ever to fully understand whats really wrong with the picture.

stability

Most classes have access to vigor, so evade should be much a problem + you should not evade every attack, only the nasty once – for example corruption boon.

It can also be taken away as well quickly and as you said most classes do have access to vigor having it up constantly. Some can evade it depending on the situation they are in like not everything is a 1 vs 1 fight if that’s what you are referring to.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

in PvP

Warjin.8942

stability

Yeah I would assume they aren’t exposed to many professions in pvp to see the pros and cons on which one has the most difficulties. So I can understand why some are quick to defend their class they like to play the most.

Learning the hard way is the best experience ever to fully understand whats really wrong with picture.

Yeah that’s how I feel, me personally I really have no main characters, I only have 1 level 80 Ranger just for pve but I pvp mainly with a Warrior and Eng and also play a Guardian and Mesmer so I know all to well about pro and cons of those classes, however I never played a Necro, I just know from my exp with the classes I do play something is very, very off with Necros right now, the balance is not there and I dare to even call them overpowered at this stage in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Hahaha this is so awesome. All my favourite arguments being trotted out, only this time by necros.

Just dodge!
Don’t use berserker ammy!
Play one and learn how to counter it!

Still waiting for someone to run out my all time favourite that a thief once posted:
“You have to listen harder when you’re fighting us”

Yeah we’re probably a bit over the top atm. Expecting a change to either dhuumfire or terror. Not until the meta evolves a bit and people get used to the new abilities though. I saw one guy who was so scared of a 1s immobilise that he blew his entire endurance bar panic dodging DS5.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

stability

engi has no access to stability now what? (throw elixir S is kittened btw)
in fact most classes dont have viable choices for stabi

in PvP

Posted by: Clay.7254

Clay.7254

CONDITION Nercos are beyond overpowered now, they are way to strong, way to many ways to keeps a player perma feared from 100-0.

What you guys need to understand is a class that has passive damage, like dots/pets (Damage over time) should not in any way have the control they have now, the reason is players will just end up playing like cowards and dot & run or dot and chain CC, a necro is one of those classes, classes that should have strong CC are the ones that need to stay on the target to do damage, the difference is a nercro justs needs to apply dots then CC not even having to face the target due to damage just rolling off the enemy. you guys over buffed Nercos big time, and I think you guys may know it by now.

fixed