Why are lvl 1s allowed in rated matches?

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Please lower where they enter matches…you understand a lvl 1 more than likely will make you lose. It was sad that I had to literally have him follow me the whole game where I said, just attack the big red target I put on people….

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

i agree, its really frustraiting to have these ppl end up in your matches (which happens alot more often late at night when fewer ppl are playin), they can ruin the match for everyone else and its not like its gonna be fun for them to get yelled at and die constantly. There should be a minimum rank to enter tournaments, I think 15 or 20 would be nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

they should have done it like in LoL: you have to be certain rank before you can start to do ranked

i don’t think it would be that bad for rank 1 either as they just get farmed by high ranked players and don’t even realize what happend

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I agreed. There should be a minimum rank to enter any tourney.

R.I.P Kumu <3

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Well to be honest, maybe rank 1 is a little low for tournaments. But if someone already has multiple characters at various levels and is an experienced PvPer then there’s no reason for him to be holding back his team.

Sure, you should be confident enough with your class to win fights but as long as you have spent significant time on that class that should be the case.

Personally I’d be ok with anyone in Solo Q who has accumulated 20 ranks across all his characters and has logged a significant numbers of hours on each character.

So no creating an Engineer and jumping straight into SoloQ. But no arbitrary barrier of entry.

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Cause no one wants to take ranked matches seriously….

in PvP

Posted by: AngelSayaka.8605

AngelSayaka.8605

Well if all of you think about it!! We all where level 1 one day.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well to be honest, maybe rank 1 is a little low for tournaments. But if someone already has multiple characters at various levels and is an experienced PvPer then there’s no reason for him to be holding back his team.

Sure, you should be confident enough with your class to win fights but as long as you have spent significant time on that class that should be the case.

Personally I’d be ok with anyone in Solo Q who has accumulated 20 ranks across all his characters and has logged a significant numbers of hours on each character.

So no creating an Engineer and jumping straight into SoloQ. But no arbitrary barrier of entry.

Rank is account bound.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I waited until rank 15 before jumping into tourney

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Rank is account bound.

it is possible (i read it from a dev post) to seperate it class-wise.

but first a threshold for entering rated matches has to be implemented. a solution could be to take the number of won matches into count and let’s say after 100 matches (like the counts for the shadow/genius etc title) you are allowed to enter rated.

the better solution would be to implement an unrated Q and take those wins (and wins only) into count – class wise.
but i guess the population to split the Q into rated/unrated is too low

i think best would be to be limited to hotjoin until reaching rank 10 (account wide) -assuming hotjoin is 5v5 and teaches some tournament play. after that you can do unrated matches (team or solo) with a counter per class until the determined threshold of wins in those unrated matches.
by reaching it you are allowed to do rated matches.

probably all of it stands and falls with the population….

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

same here i did wait aswell until i had rank 15-20 and then i did start with tpvp.
hence the word tpvp (tournament pvp) means its more for experienced people so why would a normal thinking human join tpvp as a total newbie? but then again there is more and more dumb humans on this earth.

i think there really need to be a minimum requirement to join tpvp , lets say r20 or something like that. To avoid none normal thinking humans joining tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: AngelSayaka.8605

AngelSayaka.8605

same here i did wait aswell until i had rank 15-20 and then i did start with tpvp.
hence the word tpvp (tournament pvp) means its more for experienced people so why would a normal thinking human join tpvp as a total newbie? but then again there is more and more dumb humans on this earth.

i think there really need to be a minimum requirement to join tpvp , lets say r20 or something like that. To avoid none normal thinking humans joining tpvp.

My friend. OK look, you told me you have to be Rank 15 or 20 to enter right?
So when you reach rank 20 and them join a tournament for the first time and you see people around you killing and wining and you can’t because you don’t have the idea to know what is happening. Well for example it’s like driving for the first time in the road with a lots cars. You need experience to do a better job and how you get experience? well dealing with the highers level.

First for all this in my opinion. So please don’t be rude.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

My friend. OK look, you told me you have to be Rank 15 or 20 to enter right?
So when you reach rank 20 and them join a tournament for the first time and you see people around you killing and wining and you can’t because you don’t have the idea to know what is happening. Well for example it’s like driving for the first time in the road with a lots cars. You need experience to do a better job and how you get experience? well dealing with the highers level.

First for all this in my opinion. So please don’t be rude.

yeah but if you don’t even know what gas pedal does, throwing you on the road wouldn’t do any good really; even for driving you still have to take lessons first before you can even drive a car on the road

nobody expects rank 15s perform amazing but at least they have general idea of how pvp structured in this game and have some exprience

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

It is to learn BASIC pvp functions, like call target, understanding their skills etc. At least a lvl 10-15 is going to how to function a little bit and not hinder their team too badly.

1? NO cigar.

Like the other night I was 1v2ing a guardian and a necro on my mesmer…and won? At the end of the match, they were both < 5.

I was like, kitten I can defend mid solo, and had the other 4 members take the other points for a tri cap win.

Things like this are the new strategy!

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

dont you guys get it? when you make driver license then a teacher go some hours on street with you and teach you how to drive. And then you get your driving license. In Guild Wars 2 you should first play 8vs8 hotjoin to learn pvp basics , your class , the maps etc. and then you should be allowed to join tpvp.

And the different between driver license and gw2 is , that you have to learn by your own and there is no teacher teaching you. Or do you want a teacher in gw2 handholding you and go trought the pvp? sure pay me money and i gonna teach newbies. Driver license Teacher gets money too for teaching you dont he?

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

A brand new player typically doesn’t want to wander into something that sounds official like “Tournament” or “Ranked”. They just want to mess around with their builds (usually they just copy their leveling/PvE builds) in an open and casual environment, something harmless for both them and their teammates and won’t cause frustration. Hotjoin is perfect for that.

But I feel the current layout/tutorial doesn’t really make the differences between Hotjoin and Tournament clear (and it should be VERY clear), it’s most likely how lvl 1’s end up wandering into ranked matches.

I think rank 10 is a decent sweet-spot for to allow people to queue for TPvP, maybe rank 15 at the absolute most. There’s still a lot to learn once you start ranked matches and start paying attention to the finer details/tactics, something you simply can’t do in hotjoin.

(edited by Wintel.4873)