Why is it better to Zerg in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Stuwy.9352

Stuwy.9352

Q:

After an other match, I made the conclusion to gain more glory in sPvP, you should ignore the objectives and focus on zerging.

Here is an exemple:
The losing team got more glory because this team was zerging and killing the enemies while the winning team focused on the objectives.

Some possible solutions

• Raise the winning % glory bonus
  • Add a “defend the point” glory gain
  • Diminish the killing glory acquired

I personnaly hate when people are zerging and ignoring the objectives
The situation is broken and I hope Arenanet will fix the situation.

PS: I never read the forums, if this topic was already discussed, what was the conslusions?
Does Arenanet do something about it?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

The basic conclusion is that hotjoin is meant to be a cluster kitten and that no one (serious players + Anet) really cares about what happens in hotjoin. The entire purpose of hotjoin is to teach people how to play against other players and to farm glory/rank. If you want a (semi) competetive scene queue up for tPvP

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You can’t fox hot joins, because people follow zergs because it is near impossible to defend.

If you sit there and defend, a mob of 5 players will destroy you and its over.

Zerg or be zerged .

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i find zergs useful in spvp. i use zergs to test my builds in 1 vs 2 and 1 vs 3 situations

learning to survive against unfair odds is a skill

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

You don’t get any advantage from getting higher glory. New skins don’t give you an advantage over other players. Just play to win, don’t play for glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I enjoy winning matches, it is the objective of the game after all. I’m not super happy though that other players couldn’t care less about the objective, but a lot of people go into Hotjoin matches with different objectives of their own.

Whether it is try their hardest to win the match, try their hardest to top the scoreboard, kill players for fun, try out a new build, try out a new class, etc, \o/

HotM does allow for a very sandboxy environment, i can recall many times where i’ve gone into Hotjoin just to try some new combo or skill or build out, even a new class just for the fun of it. That’s what it’s there for, but at the end of the day i’ll always be back on my mains capping those points.

in PvP

Stuwy.9352

My problem is only that zerging (not focusing on objectives) give you more glory

Arenanet gives a bad exemple
and twist the purpose of winning a match

in PvP

Tobbygnome.6793

My problem is only that zerging (not focusing on objectives) give you more glory

Hmm, i actually never cared enough to notice how much Glory you got from winning/losing against the amount from the leaderboard. Do you really get more from zerging+losing than capping+winning?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Hmm, i actually never cared enough to notice how much Glory you got from winning/losing against the amount from the leaderboard. Do you really get more from zerging+losing than capping+winning?

It can go either way, you usually get the most amount of points if you run around in a group of 3-4 focusing on just capping as many points as possible (whether you win or lose doesn’t really matter, as long as you get to the cap of 300 score points per match)

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Stuwy.9352

Yes You receive more points by zerging (estimate)
In my exemple the opposing team didnt get 300
and receive twice more glory

see picture in attachement

in PvP

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

I may be alone in this, but I think it’s an interesting mechanic. You have to actually choose in some matches whether you want to go for highest personal reward or you want to help your team (zerg or points).
While it can get frustrating at times, it’s also fun that you always watch to see which one other players choose. This is even more pronounced in Skyhammer (at least the hotjoins I’ve seen. I hate that map so haven’t seen it often), where ppl either go for the laser or go cap points.

in PvP

Tobbygnome.6793

Well then i’m going to have to agree with Stuwy on this one, yes they should increase the rewards for winning, not that i care much about PvP skins and i’ll still always be going for the objective because i’m not a selfish player.

But there’s obviously a problem there i agree, it’s almost like those Private WoW Servers where everyone already has the best PvP gear so they just go to Battlegrounds to boost ego from kills and not actually care about the objective. That’s a horrible thing to have happen to a Live MMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

If you want a hotjoin match to be non zerg, the general rule is to make sure no one above rank 40+ is in it as they just want to glory/rank farm or test a new build heh.

I agree with the OP though. Testing or wanting to kill for fun is not a problem but you must sacrifice points if your on the road to losing. It makes no sense if I am playing a conquest game solely to kill. For that we need to have a deathmatch style hotjoin game

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists