Why is this still ok?

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Damage.7493

Damage.7493

You get downed by a thief, he stealths, stomps you after a stealth and you are boned. You down a thief, you stomp, thief ports, you stomp again thief stealths, finally 3rd stomp goes…

Taking 3 stomps to finish him off vs he can stomp there isnt a kitten thing you can do about it.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

stability stomp(guardian), mistform stomp, (ele), haste stomp, theres alot of ways to basically guartuneee a stomp.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Damage.7493

How do those help stomping a thief? Haste maybe but its buggy at best, you go through animation quick but ive stomped plenty of people with haste, there is a sec or so between the animation finishing and the stomp actually taking place. I’ve seen rally, fear just about anything break it after the animation has taken place.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

daydream.2938

They dont, they help you stomp non movers on down state( ie not thief, not mes, not ele).

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

Sadly,the fastest way to kill a downstate thief is to dps him down OR if you have a teleport ability,like the guardian Judgement Intervention, you can start stomping him and when he teleports you teleport as well killing him instantly.

Surrender is not an option!

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

What’s more ridiculous is that Ele’s can Mist Form stomp but Necro’s can’t Death Shroud stomp, even though it’s their class defining mechanic and doesn’t give complete invulnerability.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i love it when you down a thief who’s spamming 2 2 2 2 2 2 2, they end up wasting their teleport lol

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If you are fast enough you’ll only need two stomps.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Downed state is terrible. It should just be removed from the game. (PvP only. It’s still useful in PvE.) People should be instantly dead. Increase the out of combat rez speed so if you actually clear an OBJ you can rez your dead AFTER the fight.

Would be the first step in realizing why no one plays sPvP.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I like downed state a lot.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Downstate is not terrible, it adds a layer of balance. If you don’t get why, then instead of retaliating against thief who insta downs you from 75% hp, just let him stomp.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Sadly,the fastest way to kill a downstate thief is to dps him down OR if you have a teleport ability,like the guardian Judgement Intervention, you can start stomping him and when he teleports you teleport as well killing him instantly.

I usually play a profession without teleports or stability, so I usually just dps the thief down. It doesn’t really take that long. Still, it’s not hard to look at the list of eight professions and see that thieves, eles, and mesmers—the only three that have an evade instead of an interrupt as their downed #2—are pretty much the meta. (Granted, most teams still bring one guardian as well). I’m not saying there aren’t ways around that or crying for nerfs—just an interesting coincidence.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Downed state is terrible. It should just be removed from the game. (PvP only. It’s still useful in PvE.) People should be instantly dead. Increase the out of combat rez speed so if you actually clear an OBJ you can rez your dead AFTER the fight.

Would be the first step in realizing why no one plays sPvP.

Lol, no.

Downed state is a major game mechanic, get used to it or play a different game.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

If they’d just nerf thief already…
This whole stealth mechanic is bullkitten.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

lol @ bad kids that can’t kill the squishiest class in the game. l2p and stop with the QQ. Thieves aren’t OP or unbalanced, you are just bad. Get over it.

Thieves are not squishy at all…the zerker build is but that’s true for every profession going glass cannon although the other professions don’t get stealth if going glass cannon

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

You get downed by a thief, he stealths, stomps you after a stealth and you are boned. You down a thief, you stomp, thief ports, you stomp again thief stealths, finally 3rd stomp goes…

Taking 3 stomps to finish him off vs he can stomp there isnt a kitten thing you can do about it.

Did not read rest of topic.
When I play S/P or D/P heres how it goes.
I stomp you.
I hit Black Powder. press Finish, you miss and die. No stealth needed. It’s generally faster.
When I play /D? I hit Cnd, press finish, you generally die but a Ranger can ocassionally interrupt in stealth real advantage is basically just your teammates ignorance.

When facing another Thief?
I press finish, he warps, I press inf signet, shadow step or steal. If he timed it right I just roll over to him and press finish again. There is a delay between when Smoke bomb is ready that means if you react quickly you finish them anyways. Generally thieves can take next to no time to finish, and because they have low health you can swat them dead in no time as well.

As a Warrior/Ranger vs thief?
I down him, press Finish he warps, I roll 1 time over to him. Press F. He starts the animation to Stealth, but gets finished before it completes.
I win. No stress, whatsoever. Worst case Scenario, he warps, I start unloading shots/slashes at him, he dies in 2s.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Sorry but downed state adds choice/strategy to the game. It has given many comeback chances in fights and exciting moments.

I don’t say it’s evenly balanced. But saying it has to be removed is a bit harsh.

This game is built around downed state.

It would create boring gameplay and would cause a lot of crying by lot’s of classes who die easily.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Damage.7493

They dont, they help you stomp non movers on down state( ie not thief, not mes, not ele).

Ok and you thought your first post was an answer to the thread why?

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Damage.7493

I stomp you.
I hit Black Powder. press Finish, you miss and die. No stealth needed. It’s generally faster.
When I play /D? I hit Cnd, press finish, you generally die but a Ranger can ocassionally interrupt in stealth real advantage is basically just your teammates ignorance.

I press finish, he warps, I press inf signet, shadow step or steal. If he timed it right I just roll over to him and press finish again. There is a delay between when Smoke bomb is ready that means if you react quickly you finish them anyways. Generally thieves can take next to no time to finish, and because they have low health you can swat them dead in no time as well.

I down him, press Finish he warps, I roll 1 time over to him. Press F. He starts the animation to Stealth, but gets finished before it completes.
I win. No stress, whatsoever. Worst case Scenario, he warps, I start unloading shots/slashes at him, he dies in 2s.

Yeah, thieves are quick to stomp lol sure. They take the longest of any class in game because it takes 3 stomps. I am not saying remove downstate, I like it. What I dont like is everytime I down a thief, I need to stomp them 3 times, or dps them down. When all they need to do to stomp me is stealth or blind. What is so hard to grasp.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

I stomp you.

Yeah, thieves are quick to stomp lol sure. They take the longest of any class in game because it takes 3 stomps. I am not saying remove downstate, I like it. What I dont like is everytime I down a thief, I need to stomp them 3 times, or dps them down. When all they need to do to stomp me is stealth or blind. What is so hard to grasp.

Thieves are quick to stomp if you play thief which I do. It is what is, im just pointing it out.
As other professions, you generally miss one stomp, and then the second is guaranteed unless they get team support or the terrain disadvantages you (Warping up a ledge for instance). Other then that, it’s pretty simple, and unless traited they do kitten damage.

The great forum duppy.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Thieves are quick to stomp if you play thief which I do. It is what is, im just pointing it out.
As other professions, you generally miss one stomp, and then the second is guaranteed unless they get team support or the terrain disadvantages you (Warping up a ledge for instance). Other then that, it’s pretty simple, and unless traited they do kitten damage.

I very, very rarely see anyone ever miss a stomp on one of the non-moving professions, apart from teammate intervention, of course.

Edit: sorry, misread the post. For some reason I thought you were saying professions with a #2 interrupt usually forced a second stomp attempt.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

protip: u down a thief, u damage him till death, not a single stomp was used that day and every thief died.
funny because the answer to the OP is his nick

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Damage.7493

Funny ya, but still, why is the thief special in this regard? Noone has explained that to me. Go ahead, tell me why only the thief should require you to dps him dead instead of a stomp.

Did I say I don’t know how to kill a thief? No, I said why is it ok they need 3 stomps when they can stomp just about anyone on the first? Explain it in a rational, well thought out sense, if its possible for you…

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

imbalanced down states were brought up in the 1st sotg with the pvp dev and they havent done anything about it. problem with pvp now is they have so many huge issues to address (ranking, match making, etc.) that i think balance changes and class changes are going to take a back seat while they bleed subs.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Funny ya, but still, why is the thief special in this regard? Noone has explained that to me. Go ahead, tell me why only the thief should require you to dps him dead instead of a stomp.

They aren’t?
Have you played so long and yet not realized the existence of the Elementalist downed skill number 2 Mist form?
Stomp? Fail.
Dps? Fail.
Or that Ranger’s too have more than one opportunity to fail a down?
Or that Elementalists and Engineer’s can pop invulnerability utils and down problem free?
That Ele’s, Engi’s and ranger’s can revive back up from utils? Or that Warrior as well given enough time comes back and has a chance to full rally?
Downed systems aren’t equal amongst professions and it is note worthy, but let’s not lose our heads.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I stomp you.

How cute, you waste your dodge roll trying to land 2nd stomp on a thief, and that is a red flag for the opposing team to burst the crap out of you since you’ve just burned one of your escapes.

I don’t see other classes being given the tool to make others waste their own defensive methods just to land a stomp in a reasonable amount of time.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

Did I say I don’t know how to kill a thief? No, I said why is it ok they need 3 stomps when they can stomp just about anyone on the first? Explain it in a rational, well thought out sense, if its possible for you…

these are called mechanics. there are some classes who prevent stomp and others who avoid stomp.
the first ones you can use stability/blind
the second ones you can dps to death
there is NO rule about “downed opponent MUST be stomped to kill them” so i don’t get the frustration everyone put on this forum about downed mode.

ele downed mode is OP just because when ele ue mist form, his downed hp regenerate. but have u ever seen the res ability of ranger’s pet? or the double engi interruption. or the guardian/necro mark, what about warrior’s vengeance?
assume 2 opponents with 2 different classes downed at the same time. try to see who win in every “matchup”, then come back here explaining to us how much OP is thief downed mode.
for the record: hp in downed mode are a % of normal hp. 75% i guess im not sure. now think about 75% of 14k hp thief and go on playing.

mechanics.
or l2p issue, but noone wants to listen these words anymore..

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The thing with Downstate is it’s not supposed to be a 1v1 mechanic, it’s supposed to be a 2/3/4/5vX mechanic.

Shadow Refuge, Hallowed ground, Signet of undeath, Mark of Life,

Straight up healing.

If downstate was useless and didn’t add a layer of strategy/layer of balance, everyone would play Burst, One thief could go into a node and burst someone down and his team mates would be able to do nothing as he stealths away, gets full health and burst the 2nd guy guarding the node.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: fishybill.6908

fishybill.6908

There is an easy way to fix this problem and something I hoped they would fix from the start.

The downed state is great, so much better than just being killed off. The problem is the disparity between classes, giving some professions huge advantages over others.

Simple Fixes:
1) Remove damage abilities, immunity, interrupts and teleport from the downed state.
2) Have the self heal while calling for help as auto but interruptible by damage.
3) Make damaging the person doing the stomping, interrupt the stomp.

There you have it, classes downed state balanced, teamwork encouraged.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

daydream.2938

Stomp 2×. And hes not the only class the requires this.
Eles can move in downed state, so can mesmers.
It has a long cd, stomp , then move stomp again or dps em, or w.e depending on situation.

But this isnt unique to thief, ele can go much further in down state.

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

LOL try with an ele with hp restoring after mist form or an underwater ranger and then come back……………………..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Why is this still ok?

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

It never takes more than 2 stomp attempts to kill a thief (just like every profession). If somehow, he manages to get on the 3rd attempt, then it would be the same was a warrior rallying or an engineer blowing you away…