Why lord rush over annihilation?

in PvP

Posted by: MakoEffect.2430

MakoEffect.2430

Dead? Dead? Dead? ITS SO DEAD, pvp in gw2 so dead. Who are you even directing this question too? What information do you want out of your post?

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They tried deathmatch with courtyard, and as far as I was concerned it was immensely boring. Smaller skirmishes on the map (1v1/2v2/3v3 at most) are fun, but I’d never want to play a 5v5 deathmatch map. And since they essentially have versions of both modes in the game already, plus they (according to Colin) have quite a lot of polling as well, I’d assume this was based off actual data.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I think its a positive move. Its how gvg functioned in gw1.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Well, deathmatch would be 2v2 or 3v3 if implemented correctly. One of the game’s biggest problems is its requirement for 5v5 is too much for a lot of people.

As an aside, if you know anything about how their private testing process works, you honestly shouldn’t trust that they have reliable polling. They basically ignore player feedback in private testing.

I think you’ve answered your own question. If a mode only supports teams of 2 or 3, why invest in that when the community hasn’t latched onto growing it when it’s already available in game. WvW GvG has more interest than 2 or 3 man arenas, there a whole community carrying it.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

A new official game mode would be always a good news.

I think it would be a mistake to add a another 5 men game mode, it would be better another game mode for 2 or 3 players (like death match 2vs2 or 3vs3) or 8+ players (with roles, not zergfest).

I really like mode for 2 players, high population, low queue, better mmr, easy to manage, best choice for a tiny community.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Best case scenario then you’re saying the interest is similar to gvg death match. If the interest is that tiny like you say, then why support it beyond the way it exists currently in game?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Another problem about a game mode with 8+ players would be matchmaking, glicko2 has many problema with 5men, 8+Would be impossible.

Anet should be consider an entire team with a single mmr (basically team leaderboard) but there would be other issues .

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch should be best of 3 rounds, if you die youre dead, not a respawn fest.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

In GW2, guilds gain Influence and Guild Merits for doing regular or guild events, playing PvP matches, or doing WvW. You can get nice bonuses in PvE and upgrade your guild in many ways. Guild can also unlock guild content in PvE.

The only PvP related thing in the guild panel is a boost that gives you bonus influence for PvP matches. And that’s all.

Pvp desperately needs guild content and I’m glad they are finally doing it (or at least it seems like they do that).

About Deathmatch: if you want 2v2 and 3v3, you likely mean an arena type gamemode which is not deathmatch but Annihilation (you can’t respawn in annihilation but you can in Deathmatch). Deathmatch in GW2 is like a clash of 2 endless zombie hordes, but Annihilation would be a good addition.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

You want 1v2 2v2 3v3 buy arena time or go sanctum.

Suggested a scirmish arena/pit in the mists about 2 years ago.

Just a hole in the ground where people can Queue up to challenge the last winner.
Like arenanet created in their STORYLINE for PvE..

But i guess it’s too difficult to program or copy pase into the mists.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

witcher.3197

2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch should be best of 3 rounds, if you die youre dead, not a respawn fest.

Obviously. The current implementation of Courtyard is terrible because it doesn’t work that way.

In GW2, guilds gain Influence and Guild Merits for doing regular or guild events, playing PvP matches, or doing WvW. You can get nice bonuses in PvE and upgrade your guild in many ways. Guild can also unlock guild content in PvE.

The only PvP related thing in the guild panel is a boost that gives you bonus influence for PvP matches. And that’s all.

Pvp desperately needs guild content and I’m glad they are finally doing it (or at least it seems like they do that).

How is lord rush guild content? It’s just a different mode.

A gamemode that will likely come with a guild ladder instead of individual ratings. It’s called GvG, not lord rush.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

GvG would be so fun. GvG plz.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Lord rush is old gw1 gvg and there is an extremely large amount of players that have been begging for this since day one. Personally I’m surprised thy never did it sooner.
This type of game mode seems a lot more interesting from a pvp perpective than just a death match (which already is simulated in a crap ton of arenas).

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

A new official game mode would be always a good news.

I think it would be a mistake to add a another 5 men game mode, it would be better another game mode for 2 or 3 players (like death match 2vs2 or 3vs3) or 8+ players (with roles, not zergfest).

I really like mode for 2 players, high population, low queue, better mmr, easy to manage, best choice for a tiny community.

I agree. 5 man requirement is simply too much. I would like to see something for 2/3 man groups and then something for 8 man groups.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Lord Rush over a deathmatch is better since in a 15+ vs 15+ environment (hoping these new maps are for 15+ vs 15+ matches) a deathmatch could last forever: half a dozen of thieves could “permastealth” the entire team, for example.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

witcher.3197

Lord Rush over a deathmatch is better since in a 15+ vs 15+ environment (hoping these new maps are for 15+ vs 15+ matches) a deathmatch could last forever: half a dozen of thieves could “permastealth” the entire team, for example.

It’s been stated many many times that there won’t be PvP formats for more than 5v5. And that’s totally the right decision.

If you want to zerg and spam autoattack you already have WvW for that.

Besides, with smaller formats, every guild can participate and larger guild can just split into smaller guild groups = everyone is happy.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Well, Anet once said that WvW rankings would never be reset for any reason in the world and a couple of days ago teh resetted them for the third time or something. And custom arenas can be 10 vs 10, at the moment.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Don’t assume GvG will ever be a thing, a few years down the road when you’re happy and doing something else instead of drowning your tears at some dive bar with cheap booze you’ll thank me.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Is Annihilation Arenas? If so then maps should be relatively easy to design! Vee Wee will give a sample!

1. Pick shape! This is the map!
  2. Pick smaller shapes! These are objects you can hide behind!
  3. Add trees and flowers to make it look nice!

That’s it! Here’s a sample image! Feel free to hire Vee Wee! Vee Wee will work for cheap!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Attachments:

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Fayt.3802

Fayt.3802

What a beautiful map. Hire Vee Wee #1.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Good job vee wee I hope I can be as skilled as you in cartography one day

gerdian