Why such a steep incline to pvp ranks?

in PvP

Posted by: Djdomestic.7381

Djdomestic.7381

1-8 1500
9-18 4500
19-28 7500
29-38 15000

Really now… Took about a day and some change per rank from 19-28, and now the kitten doubled. I understand you want this game to last, but your rank grind is horrible. I thought Anet was based in cali, not korea

oh, and btw… qq

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i think the goal of every player is being top ladder, which is not yet implemented, and not his rank. you can farm your rank in 8v8 and claiming you are rank 70 lfg for example.
so right now rank is there only for e-kittenes. give anet some times to implement ladder, tournaments and you will see how rank is so useless.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

I want rank so I can get cooler looking gear :P I don’t care about a ladder. People were blowing up level 80’s within days, why is PvP so much slower, especially if it’s statless gear that can’t leave the mists?

in PvP

Shukran.4851

because pve need grind, pvp need skill
the first needs time the second need brain.

a cooler looking noob(not personal offence sorry) is worst than a default skin pro player

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i think the (champion) brawler title is better than rank that it shows you that you actually win matches.

in PvP

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

a cooler looking noob(not personal offence sorry) is worst than a default skin pro player

/facepalm

(edited by RamzaBehoulve.5640)

in PvP

Dreadspectre.3456

That made no sense at all…if PvE needs the grind then why is it 10x faster to max out than PvP which should only need “skill?”

I have no doubt there will be armor/title rewards specific to an actual RANK, not this rank that we have now, based on tournament wins etc that will let the “good” PvP’ers stand out from the crowd. Why make the standard PvP gear be such a retardedly long grind?

in PvP

Djdomestic.7381

I’m not trying to be top of anything, I was really interested in the rank 30 gear cause it’s new and exciting. I actually don’t want to play the game anymore as it’s become a hardcore grind and has too many issues. Of course I expected there to be some sort of grind, as that’s what all mmo’s have. I don’t think I’ve played 1 with this sort of time requirement just to hit max rank, which does absolutely nothing for your character but give different pixels.

Borderlands 2 comes out tomorrow, btw. woot.

in PvP

Dreadspectre.3456

I’m not trying to be top of anything, I was really interested in the rank 30 gear cause it’s new and exciting. I actually don’t want to play the game anymore as it’s become a hardcore grind and has too many issues. Of course I expected there to be some sort of grind, as that’s what all mmo’s have. I don’t think I’ve played 1 with this sort of time requirement just to hit max rank, which does absolutely nothing for your character but give different pixels.

Borderlands 2 comes out tomorrow, btw. woot.

I imagine my warrior will stay in Pit Fighter gear for a loooong time. Torchlight 2 comes out this week as well.

in PvP

Djdomestic.7381

I imagine my warrior will stay in Pit Fighter gear for a loooong time. Torchlight 2 comes out this week as well.

No kitten! I’ve been waiting for that game since I played d3… lol

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i think the (champion) brawler title is better than rank that it shows you that you actually win matches.

/facepalm

i saw it in H/PvP Conqueror window, it’s 10 tiers.

in PvP

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Hmm, something’s fuzzy with forums, I didn’t quote you Alcopaul, I quoted Shukran. Corrected it, sorry for the confusion.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

good for me you all are so experienced with the game. i guess you are all part of that alpha team which helped developers to release the game. i am so luck.
/fly away.

in PvP

Djdomestic.7381

Well I have sunk a kitten ton of time since the head start. I wasn’t in any special beta, but I did participate in the 3 different events and 1 or 2 stress test. Bugs are still here that were reported in beta. Odd buffs / nerfs after bwe’s ended and before release, as well.

My enjoyment was getting neat looking gear, and now that I now it will be a very long time between gear ‘upgrades’, I will go somewhere else for now..

in PvP

Posted by: Xahz.8406

Xahz.8406

I don’t think the issue is that there are too many ranks or that they take too long to grind. The issue is that rewards only really come in increments of 10, since by the time you hit the next rank you’ll have tens of thousands of glory and will be able to craft all the new items immediately.

Being rewarded with the lowest-tiered set ever 5 or so would make things more bearable

in PvP

Djdomestic.7381

Oh for sure. I’ve gotten probably most (if not all) of the rank 20 items to get. Saved up 25k to spend as soon as I hit 20 and continued to buy until like 24. I currently have 35k glory saved up with over 460 dust, 194 orbs, 10 crystals, and… 3 slivers (I did spend like 4 or 5 slivers when I hit 20).

in PvP

Shukran.4851

rank 21
68k glory spared for rank 30.
i have only 2 crystals and zero slivers-.-

in PvP

Djdomestic.7381

From what I read, slivers are only from the gold chests. I only buy gold chests, so I can’t say if this is the truth. 10 points per cap / kill / neutralize, 1,500 of those and I should be good -_-