Will you still play if patch sucks?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

Yes, this is another QQ post, I ain’t scared to be honest since you’d have to be mentally insane to not be bothered the development speed of sPvP, or to be one of those disgusting Glory Farmers.

I believe its been 4 patches that sPvP was left to rot without any support, and yet PvE got their content every patch. Yet some still argue that PvE doesn’t have enough, I guess they are spoiled rotten. (I’m not a programmer and have no idea how long it takes to develop these new features but I don’t agree that it should take this long with good resources)

After surviving for the year of slow Spvp development, I believe its about time that I stop Guild Wars 2 if this patch goes wrong, I have been buying lots of gems in hoping to help out gw2 but I was left with barely nothing in return.

Every time I go on these forums Its only to get even more depressed by how serious/critical these issues are and how Anet doesn’t seem to give Enough kittens about it. Like having farmers get the best of rewards and leaving us dedicated PvPers pockets nearly empty. This is a CRITICAL ISSUE and it should have been HOTFIXED as SOON as POSSIBLE. Us dedicated SPvPers have been supporting this game for a full year, we have been loyal, we gave feedback, we have been giving our opinions in order to help this game out, yet these PvErs come in and get ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL FINISHERS and TITLES by kittening FARMING! everything that took us huge amounts of our time to acquire.

tPvP has no real rewards aside few easy accessible skins, there’re no rewards for playing the game and you’re rewarded for not playing ( leadeboards).

You’ve no incentives to play the game competitively, while you get incentives ( more glory, chest, finishers, bags) to play the game NOT ONLY not competitively, but ALSO in the most wrong way possible.

Again, the whole system needs to be rehauled, and the fact they’re not doing it has also a clear answer: since the biggest part of the PvP population plays hotjoins for these very reasons, removing them would make this “spoiled” population to stop playing PvP, basically showing how the system was broken from the start and how unhealthy the PvP part of this game is, since without hotjoins all the people left would be those few hundred people playing tPvP for the lulz ( since nobody high ranked plays anymore).

I would be scared too to take any action, thus they do nothing.

And we complain as usual.

Now i’d like to know you guys opinion, if the patch is bad, are you willing to put up with this crap for another 2 months or 4 patches, or are you going to give up?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

i am sure patch will make no difference. they say they need “noob friendly” game so they will make more braindead faceroll builds because some ele in pve was using only 1 attunment – switching between 4 is too hard xD every nuub can be the king like it is right now. in “leaked” patch notes no nerfs to necros, warriors, spirit rangers and s/d thiefs. only buffs xD i hope those notes are fake. if not arenanet needs new balance team.

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)

(edited by Nix.3152)

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

if not arenanet needs new balance team.

This. The patch cant be good if its such kittenheads behind it. Sorry, but this had to be said!

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

They need resources and better management.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Yes. I have fun, and I don’t think balance is nearly as bad as low-rated players seem to think it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Yes. I have fun, and I don’t think balance is nearly as bad as low-rated players seem to think it is.

Warrior, necro, thief or ranger?

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

You dont want ppl to farm glory , but in the same time you want to be rewarded with Laurel wich is a PvE currency (u can transfrom it into gold or PvE matches ) and silver(that still is a PvE currency) from dyes from the mistic PvP forge ?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Oh, high rated players think balance is great? Is that why there’s such a great variety of builds with all classes reasonably represented at high level tpvp and tournaments? Well, I guess I can put my concerns to rest then now that I know.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

You dont want ppl to farm glory , but in the same time you want to be rewarded with Laurel wich is a PvE currency (u can transfrom it into gold or PvE matches ) and silver(that still is a PvE currency) from dyes from the mistic PvP forge ?

I play both, I hugely prefer sPvP but its rather obvious how horrible the organization of rewards are.

And if you have a brain I’m sure you’l agree that players who dedicate some of their time in playing more competitively, they should get rewarded much more than those brainless farmers. Would you honestly be proud of yourself to reach that bear finisher by killing yourself in a skyhammer map, would you think you deserve it?

I’d like PvE rewards to get my PvE friends to play with me, and I prefer the PvE reward system much more as it doesn’t seem to be designed by monkeys, but I wouldn’t care if the new reward system they plan for SPvP is awesome, PvE currency is more of an suggestion than anything else.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I haven’t queued since April. I went on a trip and came back then just saw an even worse decline. Other than messing around in hot join when bored I’ve lost that spark and interest with Every month since hoping for some change.

If these no risk easy mode builds are always going to be on par with if not stronger than risk/reward builds or bunk or survive as well as no risk/ no reward builds where players can just spam or auto attack to win while being pretty safe. Then I have no interest. Terraria PvP is better balanced and takes more skill IMO.

That’s fine if it’s what people want but it’s not what I signed up for, if this patch does not at least take good steps in the right direction.(because I can’t expect everything to be fixed at once) I give up and tired of waiting this out. So I’ll be done and I don’t mean watching forums close for change I mean /NewMonoGameWithoutLookingBack

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Oh, high rated players think balance is great? Is that why there’s such a great variety of builds with all classes reasonably represented at high level tpvp and tournaments? Well, I guess I can put my concerns to rest then now that I know.

Except for elementalist — which I noticed you play — all classes were well represented at MLG. The winning team had a mesmer and lacked a necromancer, for example.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

And if you have a brain I’m sure you’l agree that players who dedicate some of their time in playing more competitively, they should get rewarded much more than those brainless farmers. Would you honestly be proud of yourself to reach that bear finisher by killing yourself in a skyhammer map, would you think you deserve it?

So finishers = competitively ?
Not i dont have a brain then , because i dont think grind = competitive
If i had the brain , i would beg the company to release new finishers by winning 1k matches in tPvP , rather than making a post that:
PvP grind = skill , and
PvE grind = grind

Sorry me monkey boy go to eat banana in the corner and see an anime ep for 30 min !

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

As a Staff Elementalist, I’m really looking forward to this patch and to see if it delivers.

If it doesn’t, I just, I don’t know man. I don’t know.

in PvP

Posted by: Miz.2761

Miz.2761

Anet clearly never cared about sPvP or the game would’ve had more than conquest long ago. It’s nothing more than a source of achievement points every day at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

They need resources and better management.

the two main issues in this company

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Every time I go on these forums Its only to get even more depressed

This could be part of the problem. If you enjoy GW2, play it. If you don’t enjoy it, stop.

The only option that doesn’t make sense is kind of enjoying it, but then going to the forums to talk about how bad it is, then logging in and playing for a bit, then logging out and going back to the forums.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

This could be part of the problem. If you enjoy GW2, play it. If you don’t enjoy it, stop.

The only option that doesn’t make sense is kind of enjoying it, but then going to the forums to talk about how bad it is, then logging in and playing for a bit, then logging out and going back to the forums.

So you mean ppl that write stuff here, enjoying the game? The majority of us is still here because the game has potential and there is some little hope left, which have been completely shattered by the development for several times (that’s why ppl tend to write cynical and negative)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

Empa is totally right. We know that this game could actually be good but Anet messed up everything. I mean even way back when there was paids with gem rewards this game was better. They decided to take the only thing that made tpvp somehow rewarding or interesting for pve players. (Funny isn’t it?)

I played since release on a daily basis and now i finally quit because there is allmost no competetive play left maybe 2-3 Teams on EU rest are scrubs. I’m just waiting for this game to become decent and i’ll be back but for the time being i can’t enjoy playing it. Tbh i lost faith the day they introduced 1 round tn’s without a working mmr.

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

So you mean ppl that write stuff here, enjoying the game? The majority of us is still here because the game has potential and there is some little hope left, which have been completely shattered by the development for several times (that’s why ppl tend to write cynical and negative)

I’m being completely sincere. If you don’t enjoy playing the game, don’t force yourself to stick around just because it has “potential.” That’s a waste of your own time.

If it’s not fun for you without _ (better leaderboards, balance tweak X, etc) it won’t be fun for you with _, either.

in PvP

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

I’m being completely sincere. If you don’t enjoy playing the game, don’t force yourself to stick around just because it has “potential.” That’s a waste of your own time.

If it’s not fun for you without _ (better leaderboards, balance tweak X, etc) it won’t be fun for you with _, either.

That’s what keeps <50% of PvP people playing…, and your last sentence is completely bullkitten

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I like playing pvp in this game a patch isn’t going to change that.. (most probably)

But it will probably give me something to complain about
Asked for spectator mode, got spectator mode for hotjoin
Asked for Leaderboards, got get12winsandafkboards
Asked for balance ….

On the plus side last patch added salvaging changes I’ve personally been asking for since I started playing and also they made temple a lot better, so each patch brings some good with the bad.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

That’s what keeps <50% of PvP people playing…, and your last sentence is completely bullkitten

It’s an observation, not an opinion. Fill in the blank with custom arenas, ele nerfs, 5v5 hotjoin servers, spectator mode, etc. and you’ve got a history of the first year of GW2.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I like playing pvp in this game a patch isn’t going to change that.. (most probably)

But it will probably give me something to complain about
Asked for spectator mode, got spectator mode for hotjoin
Asked for Leaderboards, got get12winsandafkboards
Asked for balance ….

On the plus side last patch added salvaging changes I’ve personally been asking for since I started playing and also they made temple a lot better, so each patch brings some good with the bad.

I agree, there are some good things. In general I like the basic structure of the game, that’s why I keep doing my dailies.
However the pace, in which they deliver stuff is embarrassing. And their excuse akka “we make sure it works proper when we implement it” is pathetic (leaderboards are a classic example).

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

I don`t like farming! But if some1 want waste his time i don`t care.
Come here hit me i hit you now jump,and they do that all day,something is seriously wrong with those ppl!

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

So finishers = competitively ?
Not i dont have a brain then , because i dont think grind = competitive
If i had the brain , i would beg the company to release new finishers by winning 1k matches in tPvP , rather than making a post that:
PvP grind = skill , and
PvE grind = grind

Sorry me monkey boy go to eat banana in the corner and see an anime ep for 30 min !

Sorry for not being clear during my reply and I didn’t mean to insult you, I’m using 2 concepts in my reply, both dedication and competition, I use dedication to represent the time invested in your goal, and competition to represent high-skilled play. AS I SAID the current reward system for PvP is terrible (you talk as if I agree with these rewards).

I agree that playing MUCH in high-skilled play should be rewarded more than playing MUCH in farming. If you consider this grind then you can call it such, but grind can vary from being easy/brainless to being hard/skillful.

Example: I would like it better if the finishers were awarded by maintaining a High-rating for a specific amount of games (~100 rated games), rather than playing ~4000 hotjoin games.

Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Finishers aren’t on my mind sorz.
My playtime won’t change if it sucks. If it’s good my playtime will.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

We should award different rewards , with different ways , for different kind of ppl .

We shouldnt force in their throat the <<rightious single way>> , lke having conquest only (even if other modes cant work) .

Not all ppl come into PvP games , with the mind to become pro . Sometimes u have to lure them with a simple thing , get a small taste > see twitch > see the competition > laught at them > then gather their WvWvW tem and beat an opponent team (that had a DC) !

I dont understand , why we must fight (now that the cordinators are letting us to steam out ur anger , we should start a war between the community just for the gigles :P) , changing something that is 1 year old , rather than using ourr immagination for creating something that needs <<higher rating>> to be obtain

Something like after 0.3 sec after a person has died , coffins side parts rise up from the ground and then magically the lid shows up in mid air closing the coffin with the letters <<R.I.P>> on it

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

We should award different rewards , with different ways , for different kind of ppl .

We shouldnt force in their throat the <<rightious single way>> , lke having conquest only (even if other modes cant work) .

Not all ppl come into PvP games , with the mind to become pro . Sometimes u have to lure them with a simple thing , get a small taste > see twitch > see the competition > laught at them > then gather their WvWvW tem and beat an opponent team (that had a DC) !

I dont understand , why we must fight (now that the cordinators are letting us to steam out ur anger , we should start a war between the community just for the gigles :P) , changing something that is 1 year old , rather than using ourr immagination for creating something that needs <<higher rating>> to be obtain

Something like after 0.3 sec after a person has died , coffins side parts rise up from the ground and then magically the lid shows up in mid air closing the coffin with the letters <<R.I.P>> on it

Sorry, I didn’t really mean to insult you, anger got the better of me. I agree with you that any player should play the way they enjoy and be rewarded in their own ways, but the current rewards are linear and the farmers are actually getting more of the pvp ’’rewards’’ then the PvPers themselves. I was bashing this fact. I believe you simply misunderstood me. Enjoy your anime.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

I am sorry too
I just dont want to risk some things (even if that works meh meh) and have 50/50 chance to be better or worse .
Later on , when the company will calm down with their deadlines , they can easily introduce a <<Kuma>> (Bear v2 finisher , with better animations) from tPvP that need higher rating , or a phinix that additional sweep throught the lands , before it vanish
Or offering any v2 of any finisher that the community wants

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

ANYBODY KNOWS A GOOD GAME OUT THERE IM TIRED OF THIS BULLCRAP

depend what u are looking for….

in PvP

Posted by: Muwhahaha.7438

Muwhahaha.7438

It’s time to become an esport, now or never (and you’re very close to never). Invest in sPvP. I’ve aged with PvP, from the beginning with Daoc to now with you gw2. You have some of the most interesting pvp currently developed (you blow WoW and other powerhouses out of the water). You neglected PvP even with teams waited to bring you marketing revenue. Either invest in a PvP manager who can get kitten done for the Esport potential of your game or lose your ROI in PvP.

tldr; get you kitten together in PvP or it’s gone forever.

~Norse

in PvP

Posted by: Muwhahaha.7438

Muwhahaha.7438

Please +1 this post, it’s needs to be seen. For all that is PvP, +1 this post.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

To be perfectly honest, I don’t play this game competitively whatsoever. I only kitten around casually occasionally (which still isn’t even as fun as playing GW1 casually, unlimited builds and all).

However, I really don’t think this patch is going to really change much, it’s filled with what seems like a lot of nice changes and some nice balance changes surely, but it’s not going to single-handedly fix the game, and I don’t expect it to.

From what I’ve seen, with the devs being seemingly less stubborn and more communicative, it looks like months from now it could possibly get somewhere good, I would just suggest people stop looking for it to become a great game right now and just let it go and be patient.

I know it’s the constant heartache of wanting this game to be great that causes most of the trash talking on the game, since I did it myself, but just get over it and let go lol.

Only thing I could really ask of the devs, is to temporarily let go of the aspect of making this an esports and just focus 100% on making it as fun as possible, casually. I know that’s probably not going to be possible or easy since I’m assuming the constant push for esports and having tournies like MLG are to get the pvp department the support it needs from the higher-ups, but if you could get me and many others to truly enjoy/become addicted to the game casually then it would be extremely easy to nurture an esports scene (it can do it by itself tbh).

(edited by Knote.2904)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Nevir, you are one of the few people on the forum with a good sense of perspective.

I am not even sure what most of the people who say “the game had potential but Anet ruined it” want. What will make the patch good enough for the whining to subside? I just don’t see the answer from the crying here, it just seems like mindless mudslinging most of the time, outside of a few people who take the time to write out exactly what they think is an issue with the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

It’s amazing how many people still play this game only because it has “potential”.
Why you do that ? Why force yourself to play a game you don’t enjoy much of the time while there are hundreds of games, for example, in steam for a few bucks.

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I am not playing it atm and I am sure this patch won’t make me come back.

as for resources… They don’t need any more resources just competent devs and better leadership.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

Nevir, you are one of the few people on the forum with a good sense of perspective.

I am not even sure what most of the people who say “the game had potential but Anet ruined it” want. What will make the patch good enough for the whining to subside? I just don’t see the answer from the crying here, it just seems like mindless mudslinging most of the time, outside of a few people who take the time to write out exactly what they think is an issue with the game.

80 % ( maybe 90%) of PvP population plays hotjoin ( in prime time, when i was still playing, there were dozen of HJ servers FULL), this means HJ population was constantly around 800-1000 every minute.

Meanwhile soloqueue takes 15 minutes to find a match for me, and when it does i’m matched with people not even on the leaderboard ( as former top 300, but it is just an example, i had only 4 days to climb the ladder before leaving).

Of course nobody joins solo queue. Team queue is even worse.

Meanwhile 800-1000 people per minutes play hotjoin, not playing the game as it had been designed ( killing each others randomly) OR glory farming OR doing dailyies.

If these are symptoms of a healthy game….

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Ranked ques will always be less popular than the casual option. How many games is this not the case? I believe it was fairly recently they said in Smite something like 5% of their playerbase plays Ranked…and it’s a pvp focused game.

How people play hot-join really doesn’t matter. The whole “as the game” been designed doesn’t even matter either. Some games have gotten in better places than GW2 has by going “against design”. Thing is I don’t feel a lot of people play in a general sense. Game isn’t very enticing outside of the combat which is quite fun.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: DruidiN.2817

DruidiN.2817

I think the right question should be If we will come back to play if the patch sucks. Because I dont see ppl playing spvp anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

80 % ( maybe 90%) of PvP population plays hotjoin ( in prime time, when i was still playing, there were dozen of HJ servers FULL), this means HJ population was constantly around 800-1000 every minute.

Meanwhile soloqueue takes 15 minutes to find a match for me, and when it does i’m matched with people not even on the leaderboard ( as former top 300, but it is just an example, i had only 4 days to climb the ladder before leaving).

Of course nobody joins solo queue. Team queue is even worse.

Meanwhile 800-1000 people per minutes play hotjoin, not playing the game as it had been designed ( killing each others randomly) OR glory farming OR doing dailyies.

I think this is a really good observation and we, or rather the devs, need to think about why its happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

If these are symptoms of a healthy game….

Yeah, this is the sad truth.

Leaderboards doesn’t mean anything.
Rank doesn’t prove anything.

It’s pretty pointless unless you’re having fun just playing the game. But the fun also stops if half the builds and classes you go up against are broken.

Next patch will be something like:
- Warriors will still troll everyone with hammers and longbows and Healing Signet.
- Thieves will use D/P instead of S/D
- Rangers will still troll with AI spirits and pets doing all the work for them.
- Eles will try out the support conjurer condi type tank build and realize it’s OP

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Yes, because pvp gets patches in this game and is not neglected for very long compared to most other mmo’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Hoping the patch is a success, but again maybe it would be in their interest as well to just completely destroy pvp to the point absolutely noone wants to play. This way they can stop pretending they care about pvp and stop wasting everyones time.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Should rename the OP title to
’Structured PvP – why do you still play it if it souqs?

inb4ithas’potential’

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Why do people still think that this is going to be “the patch.”

We’ve gotten, what, 3 or 4 “PvP Balance Big Time Rush” patches since launch, and what have they done to the balance? Tossed it right in the gutter.

This won’t be any different. Anet does not have the resources or drive to make a game-changer.

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

where can i find the patch notes?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

for me a normal spvp player it looks like the pvp devs are afk all day

theres nothing coming – only “its on the horizont” or “soon” or “no resources” when ppl goes aggro in forum

even age of conan pvp had more devlopment than this here when they was free2play and had no players left

arenanet leader know bout? they lying to them and say everything is “shiny” in pvp?

cant believe arenanet leaders are happy bout this – maby we should write emails to them to get a better dev-team or atleast a working one

or all this crap bout no other gamemodes because it could be imbalanced or ppl could maby not have enough fun or …….

WTF but force us to play skyhammer

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

Yes, because pvp gets patches in this game and is not neglected for very long compared to most other mmo’s.

Then good for you if you enjoy the speed of the incoming content, but I’m sure most of us here don’t agree much.

Eternity~!

in PvP

Phantom Master.9582

where can i find the patch notes?

Closest we got is https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/October-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview/first and http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt (The second might not even be real.)

Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

As a Ranger, I feel like any changes would be positive at this point…

NSPride <3