You had your chance

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

I feel like this patch was the only thing keeping many of us around, in hope of some drastic PvP changes.

You thought the Mists were a ghost town atm? It’s only going to get worse, absolutely nothing that needed to be addressed, was.

I might log on for more that 20 mins a day when ANet hires some different devs.

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

5v5 hotjoin alone makes it worthwhile. Thanks, Anet!

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

It doesn’t just for the simple fact 8v8’s are listed first. Also baddies will always prefer to play 8v8 so they can hide their lack of skill and brains behind numbers of the group.

Go troll somewhere else.

Leman

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

I think there is lot’s of good changes and maybe you need to play a little bit in tournament to see how great it’s.

A balancing PvP is not easy and they try again and again listening people who screams for nothing or for good reasons.. Waiting for more adds but thanks Anet for this first big step to improve sPvP.

Exept for Engineers I don’t understand why nerfed them when they are so low before patch and now it’s not better ..

(edited by Mystylaise.4673)

You had your chance

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

It doesn’t just for the simple fact 8v8’s are listed first. Also baddies will always prefer to play 8v8 so they can hide their lack of skill and brains behind numbers of the group.

Go troll somewhere else.

So don’t play 8v8? I know I won’t be. I don’t understand your point in calling what I said trolling. The “baddies” get to keep their 8v8, and people like me get 5v5. It’s win/win.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Crash and Burning

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Go troll somewhere else.

So don’t play 8v8? I know I won’t be. I don’t understand your point in calling what I said trolling. The “baddies” get to keep their 8v8, and people like me get 5v5. It’s win/win.

That’s what we were thinking. Lets people have the best of both worlds. Glad you like the 5v5’s!

We can watch the servers to see which players use more. If 5on5 is seeing more play, we can change the order and put them at the top of the lists. We’ll just keep an eye on it and see what the players gravitate towards.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Go troll somewhere else.

That’s what we were thinking. Lets people have the best of both worlds. Glad you like the 5v5’s!

We can watch the servers to see which players use more. If 5on5 is seeing more play, we can change the order and put them at the top of the lists. We’ll just keep an eye on it and see what the players gravitate towards.

Hope it doesn’t take you another month.

Leman

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

“We can watch the servers to see which players use more.”

Then list them alternating, not 200 8v8 servers and then at the very bottom, 5 seconds of scrolling down the 5v5’s.

Furthermore, you didn’t TOUCH bunker guardians…which were probably the #1 thing (other than thieves) hurting pvp.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Inee.5371

Inee.5371

Why dont you add an option to filter 8v8 or 5v5 (just like “hide empty/full servers”).
Dont get me wrong, i dont like to see that on top of your priority list- its just a suggestion

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Props to the PvP team for implementing some good community suggestions and ignoring a whole lot of poor community suggestions.

Thief workaround was excellent—slightly reduces their ability to make new players uninstall without touching their viable tournament builds. Bunker guardians are still the best at point defense, but less buggy and less cheesy. Everyone thinks eles got hit really hard but the way I read the patch notes, they can still do 4 dodge blast finishers in 10 seconds, right? They just have to switch attunements between each dodge roll now.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Sasukerk.4518

Sasukerk.4518

Go troll somewhere else.

The true was been said here. Closed topic plz ^^
Why still hv 8×8 ??
Why they are first than 5×5 ????Oo
Is just me that want to see my ping on the game too ?? GW2 UI is cool but hv a lack of info

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

it took 2 months to add 5v5 (5 if you count beta)… not good speed lol

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Very glad to see 5v5 hotjoin !

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

“We can watch the servers to see which players use more.”

Then list them alternating, not 200 8v8 servers and then at the very bottom, 5 seconds of scrolling down the 5v5’s.

Furthermore, you didn’t TOUCH bunker guardians…which were probably the #1 thing (other than thieves) hurting pvp.

Their Protection runes got a nerf, boon duration builds got a nerf, a protection skill got a duration nerf.

Selfless Daring (The Dodge heal got a 50% heal value nerf) this is huge, they will go from healing 1300 every roll to 650 every roll in a Cleric’s spec. It will make a big difference as Selfless Daring doubled potential healing output compared to using a self heal only.

The Mace bug was hopefully fixed so the scrubs abusing it will die a lot easier now.

You had your chance

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

it took 2 months to add 5v5 (5 if you count beta)… not good speed lol

Compared to most MMOs out there, to add something asked for by the community in 2 months time, is amazing.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Everyone thinks eles got hit really hard but the way I read the patch notes, they can still do 4 dodge blast finishers in 10 seconds, right? They just have to switch attunements between each dodge roll now.

Hmm, just checked the ele forum and it looks like I was wrong. No more blast finishers at all. Looks like I have to eat my words on that one—looks like eles are back to being the weakest profession.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Everyone thinks eles got hit really hard but the way I read the patch notes, they can still do 4 dodge blast finishers in 10 seconds, right? They just have to switch attunements between each dodge roll now.

Hmm, just checked the ele forum and it looks like I was wrong. No more blast finishers at all. Looks like I have to eat my words on that one—looks like eles are back to being the weakest profession.

Nah, elementalists are still strong without EA. With the right builds, of course. And now Mist Form gets a cooldown reduction when traited, finally.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

the major problem with 5v5 now is that people ragequit very often, so all servers have high turnover, which causes more serious balance issues before autobalancing kicks in. or even 5vs4 is really bad. small team imbalances arent felt in 8v8. so after playing 5v5 for about two hours tonight, i think im done with it. going back to 8v8 for better rank leveling.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

You had your chance

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

You can overcome autobalance issues easier in 5v5 because there is no zerg. 5v4 is more surmountable than 8v7 with a 5 man zerg running the map.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Gumiku.9760

Gumiku.9760

the major problem with 5v5 now is that people ragequit very often, so all servers have high turnover, which causes more serious balance issues before autobalancing kicks in. or even 5vs4 is really bad. small team imbalances arent felt in 8v8. so after playing 5v5 for about two hours tonight, i think im done with it. going back to 8v8 for better rank leveling.

Yeah, this is a very serious problem.
Very often, I join a 5v5 match with 4 people on each team. The next round usually become 2v2, and have to wait until half of the match passed to become 5v5 again. It is extremely unenjoyable.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Arc.9374

Arc.9374

And now Mist Form gets a cooldown reduction when traited, finally.

Sorry to say, it’s still bugged.

Potaters!

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: merry.3247

merry.3247

lol was there an update ? glad I already left this game

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Yeah, this is a very serious problem.
Very often, I join a 5v5 match with 4 people on each team. The next round usually become 2v2, and have to wait until half of the match passed to become 5v5 again. It is extremely unenjoyable.

This is pretty much why 8v8 was made into the main hot join mode in the first place.

Call me Smith.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

Go troll somewhere else.

a valid and nice little addition to spvp I enjoy but I’m not going to bite….why?
because jon these should not be the “as” important issues to discuss atm. Class balance or where bunkers and glass cannon builds sit with the devs and other additions to spvp like different game modes/GvG etc that will make pvp promising for the future should be.

i’m sure your pvp community would enjoy your thoughts on the class balance choices introduced this patch and why you made the ones you did and the ones you plan to.

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Turbo Whale.1738

Turbo Whale.1738

lol was there an update ? glad I already left this game

Yeah because you’re NOT on the Guild Wars 2 forum.

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Sigh…I still holding out and keeping faith in the game… I used to preach to people how awesome the PVP would be in this game before it launched…. still no new game types and this patch has some fixes but more flaws…

Its so hard now to hold on and give the game more time..

Perhaps Elder scrolls online will give me something to hold over in 2013 till GW2 gets its act together later on in 2014…or so

You had your chance

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Go troll somewhere else.

Small problem with that, 8v8 is listed first so many people who do not actively follow the forums will just auto join 8v8 and I believe the Play Now also puts people right into 8v8. Going to skew the numbers quite a bit.

[LR] Siric