You lost me on Spvp

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

I like playing warrior in WvW and on PVE.. in Spvp im dead.. dead dead dead… last time I played Spvp.

Why don’t you guys just remove the whole spvp.. its not even fun.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Its called balance. Your the beast at PvE and dungeons… But in PvP your a joke. So it balances each other out equally.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Its called balance. Your the beast at PvE and dungeons… But in PvP your a joke. So it balances each other out equally.

Because PvE and dungeons are so hard for all the other classes.

All of PvE is faceroll easy for anyone in any class. I am pretty sure I could leave a Guardian in the open world and he will kill mobs with retaliation on aegis removal. (joking on the Guardian part, but sadly not far off)

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

hello my friend,
i’m happy to report that is not actually called “balance”; it is called “poor design”.
regards,
milo

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Magnetron.5823

I am sorry, Anet can check my warrior record stats, and see that I really tried.. over 350 matches but im sorry I just cant have fun there :/

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because PvE and dungeons are so hard for all the other classes.

All of PvE is faceroll easy for anyone in any class. I am pretty sure I could leave a Guardian in the open world and he will kill mobs with retaliation on aegis removal. (joking on the Guardian part, but sadly not far off)

PvE is not about easy. It’s about efficiency. In PvE is making the most gold/hr since the prestige is on the legendary and mystic forge skins.

It doesn’t matter that you can do it with all classes if running any class except guardian or warrior will double your clear time.

I don’t think math is your forte if you don’t understand the significance of doing 100+ runs of CoF in 6 mins vs. doing it in 10-12 mins. Add it all up and it’s a huge chunk of time saved from grinding.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Magnetron.5823

We need in game explanations on what roles we need to play in Spvp.

We need fixed builds, and fixed roles. Now people jump in with their own builds and stats, and that just doesn’t work.

Create NPC that gives you.

DPS build
Tank build
Healer build

Oh kitten, that’s the holy triangle

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

I don’t think math is your forte if you don’t understand the significance of doing 100+ runs of CoF in 6 mins vs. doing it in 10-12 mins. Add it all up and it’s a huge chunk of time saved from grinding.

Fail math, indeed you do!. You hardly double your clear time running all Warriors. I have run CoF path 1 with a multitude of different teams. It hardly ever takes over 8 minutes. Even with a team full of rangers you can run it in around 7 minutes or less.

Also, assuming you are the smartest person in the room only makes you look a fool. I would stop with your condescending attitude and maybe focus more on your argument as it is pretty fail. All teams can easily run CoF path 1 in less than 7 or 8 minutes. It is just easier to do with 4 Warriors and a Mesmer (at least that is what people think).

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

War role is to come with other team members, while other controls, you come in for a kill. Don’t go alone because you won’t get anywhere at the stat u re now.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: DanPowers.1096

DanPowers.1096

What’s your spec magnetron?

Champs: Grim Icekiller-Legionnaire;
Coelia Sunspear-Genius; Caudecus Manor-Phantom;
We Are My Eyes-Hunter; I Am Unicron-Paragon.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Fail math, indeed you do!. You hardly double your clear time running all Warriors. I have run CoF path 1 with a multitude of different teams. It hardly ever takes over 8 minutes. Even with a team full of rangers you can run it in around 7 minutes or less.

Also, assuming you are the smartest person in the room only makes you look a fool. I would stop with your condescending attitude and maybe focus more on your argument as it is pretty fail. All teams can easily run CoF path 1 in less than 7 or 8 minutes. It is just easier to do with 4 Warriors and a Mesmer (at least that is what people think).

Show a video of pugs doing cof runs under 9 minutes without warriors or thieves. Because the current record with warriors is 4.5 minutes and I was generous on the 6 min clear.

In fact, now take that setup for CoE and fractals once they nerf CoF (which is skewed because most of it is running and single target bosses; once you include trash and cleave warriors clearly pull ahead). In fractals the difference only grows larger.

Please also bother to state your fractal levels before you go mouthing off on PvE ease.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

Please also bother to state your fractal levels before you go mouthing off on PvE ease.

Because all of PvE is summed up into one single instance in the entire game!

Also, the level is meaningless. I don’t’ care if you or I play level 80 FotM every day, you can easily fail and still have 4 others who are actually decent at the game drag you through it.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Because all of PvE is summed up into one single instance in the entire game!

Also, the level is meaningless. I don’t’ care if you or I play level 80 FotM every day, you can easily fail and still have 4 others who are actually decent at the game drag you through it.

Whooosh, the point about efficiency just went right above your head. When you’re playing with players who care about efficiency and PLAY in that manner, the whole “you could bring a skilled player of a deficient class and it would be better than a deficient player of an optimal class”.

That’s the whole point of player discrimination. You don’t bring the bad warriors or guardians. You bring the good ones.

And if you’re going to contest that fractal 48-80 is not the best place for testing player skill, especially if you force people to run without agony resistance (so if they don’t learn to dodge the agony attacks, they go down), then maybe you need to shut up about handwaving PvE as “easymode”.

You could bring the same observation about brining K-Pop over some noob ele or mesmer or guardian to your team, but the fact is that in competitive teams the priority is going to be given to players who share his skill levels but play the optimal class.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

And if you’re going to contest that fractal 48-80 is not the best place for testing player skill….

If you think PvE in this game is a test of skill in any measure…. I feel bad for you. Nothing in this game’s PvE is hard.

You are making a case and point for elitism that isn’t even bad in this game. There are so few of you, that it doesn’t even make a noticeable impact on the general community.

I, and the vast majority of the community, don’t care if a little elitist group can run something 30 seconds faster. You triple that time patting yourselves on the back.

Also, if you are so “PvE” hardened, why are you even in the PvP forum? Or are you here to tell the PvPer’s that a group of 4 zerker warriors plus 1 Mesmer is going to dominate tPvP?

Warriors deal a little more, maybe 10-20% more, damage than some other classes. It isn’t that big a difference and what they have to give up to get that tiny margin of damage is huge.

If you want to be a Elitist and think you are gaining more and being awesome for finishing something not even a minute faster than other people…. more power to you I suppose, but it doesn’t mean people are going to bow down to you.

Your points and not “whooshing” over anyone, they are just neither important nor valid. If the gain was huge to the extent it was game breaking, then maybe it would matter a little, but as it stands… finishing 30 seconds faster isn’t going to break anything.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Vanthian.9267

You are not even worth discussing these points with if you honestly think this PvE is difficult. There is no team work required in this games PvE. Sure, you can have team work to make things go a little faster, but it is not needed. The PvE is easy. Just because you have a hard time with it doesn’t make it hard for everyone.

There is a huge difference between playing PvP and PvE. If you honestly think it takes the same amount of skill in this game to play PvP as PvE, then you are a lost cause. In tPvP it actually takes team work and organization to win. You can be a hot mess in PvE and still win, it is that easy. The only thing that remotely required a little bit of skill in this game for PvE was the Halloween jumping puzzle.

Be a PvE master in the PvE forums. Your points are not valid and neither is your entire argument. The fact you think that PvE in this game is “difficult”… is just sad. Balance in PvE matters very little unless it is destroying the games economy. Which in this case, having Warriors deal a little bit more damage than others isn’t going to break anything.

(edited by Vanthian.9267)

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: CitizenKing.4912

CitizenKing.4912

This logic is pants on head kittened.

They are two completely different parts of the game, and being better or worse in one and not the other has absolutely nothing to do with balance.

There are those of us who dont pve at all. As much as the idea of repeatedly running the same dungeon over and over again to get tickets so you can get different looking gear appeals to me…wait, it doesnt. I like the idea of competing with strategies put forth by other like-minded players and seeing who can come on top when the scales are balanced.

It still baffles me that they dont do what they did with GW1, where they separated PvE and PvP skills.

Nerfing PvE and retroactively nerfing PvP when our PvP was already in a bad place is stupid and generally a horrible design decision. There is no legitimate excuse for it, and I for one have lost pretty much any faith that I had left in Arenanet.

You lost me on Spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

thats not what balance is you kitten

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING