You over-nerfed Ele

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Ant.3415

Ant.3415

Your nerfs to the healing of elementalist was too dramatic, considering so many other classes were buffed. Please consider tweaking the healing back up, it’s imbalanced that thieves have more mobility and burst and stealth in a single build, considering you’ve significantly hurt ele mobility & healing.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

No.

This is where I would say additional stuff but I’m left speechless.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Kheops.3081

Kheops.3081

I joined solo queue this morning and found in the other team 4 eles + 1 necro
guess who won ? with a 500-200ish score…in a 3v2 we could’t do kitten against those eles…and they ended up winning most of fights with almost full health everytime
Stop Crying go l2p your OP class and enjoy it

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Your nerfs to the healing of elementalist was too dramatic, considering so many other classes were buffed. Please consider tweaking the healing back up, it’s imbalanced that thieves have more mobility and burst and stealth in a single build, considering you’ve significantly hurt ele mobility & healing.

thieves got what?!

did we read the same patch notes?
Thieves got mug nerfed and a new ability with Sword/Dagger setup. thieves have the same stealth they had before, the same mobility they had before and actually LESS burst than they had before… what are you talking about?!

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

With the nerf and Lacerating Strike, Cantrip-Eles are probably fine… The nerfs hurt valk-amu Ele more imho, which is a bit sad.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Ant.3415

Create thief, use sword, win. I’m happy for the buffs to some of the other professions, even the ones that didn’t need it (Ranger).

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Kheops.3081

Kheops.3081

Create thief, use sword, win. I’m happy for the buffs to some of the other professions, even the ones that didn’t need it (Ranger).

are you serious dude ? you’re complaining yet you’re playing one of the strongest class after the patch (ele yes), yet you want more power ?

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

more like create ranger, send pet, go afk, win.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

are you serious dude ? you’re complaining yet you’re playing one of the strongest class after the patch (ele yes), yet you want more power ?

Any1 saying Eles are still OP as a Bunker needs to get 1 thing straight:

You can’t hop into Solo-q and think that with every composition your Teammates might run and without any good timing and teamplay in Teamfights, you’re supposed to easily take down a tank. That’s not how this game is supposed to work.

Yes, Bunker-Eles and many other Bunker-builds might feel OP in solo-q, but if you plan your Build right and execute it properly, I highly doubt any1 would still call them OP in sPvP.

It’s very acceptable that 2 offensive Chars are needed to take down an Ele and with the new Lacerating Strike and Nerfs to Mist Form and the Healing Signet, any other DMG-dealer will be enough to help the Thief to get the kill on the Cantrip-Ele. The Problem with Cantrip-Ele before the nerfs/buffs to other classes was, that it was hard to take him down even with 2 ppl if you didn’t have the exact right composition of very glassy DD’s (Thief + Mesmer).

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

I think bunker/cantrip eles are fine where they are now. Bunker ele still has just as much sustain, but you’re punished slightly more for mistakes. You can’t spike-cleanse all your conditions at once unless you pop cleansing fire, so if you suddenly eat a big condition spike it’ll hurt. And you also can’t mist-form reset (although you can still water attune + EA dodge for some healing), so if you suddenly eat a huge burst b/c you failed to dodge or blind the attack then you’ll be in trouble. I see no problem with this, and I main an ele (although I play many other classes regularly as well).

I have only two problems with the ele changes. The first is that it doesn’t at all open up any other competitive builds, and it kind of kittenon damage-specced eles, who used to rely on mobility rather than constant healing to survive. The second is that the RtL change was made globally, which radically changes how the class feels in the open world (where balance doesn’t really matter, anyway). Making the RtL change global seems a little bit sloppy to me.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

People have no kittening clue what impact has cleansing water 5 sec internal cd and no mist form heal on the bunker..If its not balanced now i dont know what you even want it to be…
Rtl IS OVERNERF..Guardians auto put in 40 sec and d/d has no long range skills to remove aegis.Any good player puts it in 40 sec.Ele as orb carrier is legitimately dead aswell..
S/d is a half melee set and now cant keep up with many classes too..
Anet is good that you put this little game of who dodges the others rtl to screw him over but you have outright killed mobility for all ele builds.
Lets be honest only s/d and d/d work and just cause they could produce too strong bunkers you nerfed the kitten out of them pigeonholing to bunker like builds all viable ele weaponsets.
Also now that mmobility is kitten why lightning flash has 45 sec cd and blink 30.
Now that mist form cant be use for our super op massive healing,why mistform doesnt have 60 sec cd like elixir S?
And why the kitten all stunbreakers are on cantrips?Can you play without cantrips?
Without stunbreakers in the lowest health/armor class?
Point is that mist form in a no water build is a poor bad UP elixir S..with no healing to justify the increased cooldown..neither health or amor or sustain.
Of course i have adjust and i can still be effeective by playing skillfuly but..those nerfs while justified were really poor thought out when it comes to build diversity..
You just kittened us over hard ..

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

Bunker eles actually haven’t changed much in s/tPvP, because guess what? The nerfs complained incessantly on this forum focused on the wrong things like Rtl. Bunker eles post-patch have virtually the same sustain as before, even with the cleansing wave icd and mist form change. The only difference is that the bunker build is clunkier… that’s it. Dps eles were hit way harder and they’ve never been a problem in competitive play.

We will still see bunker eles in the Meta, and we will still have the same clueless yahoos complaining about the wrong things on why this 0/10/0/30/30 build is OP. Prepare for more whining, nerfs, and kitten flinging because there really hasn’t been any significant changes in metagame balance this patch.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Avead.5760

Cirax i think you are wrong.Bunker eles are balancd cause they ar countered by conditions properly now.
You cant insta cleanse them anymore unless you go with ether.If you go with ether you cant use it on mist form so its use is only really with the 2 armor of earths.
Now every bunker has cooldowns that need to go out before he dies and so is ele since armor is on 90 sec cd.
Plus boon stealing on thief s/d can steal both your stability and you protection in one hit..Id say the big direct nerf and the big indiret buff on other classes plus how easily is to interrupt ether will make good players have absolutely no problem handling full bunker clerics eles..But otherwise i agree they kittened everything else in the process way harder

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Bunker eles actually haven’t changed much in s/tPvP, because guess what? The nerfs complained incessantly on this forum focused on the wrong things like Rtl. Bunker eles post-patch have virtually the same sustain as before, even with the cleansing wave icd and mist form change. The only difference is that the bunker build is clunkier… that’s it. Dps eles were hit way harder and they’ve never been a problem in competitive play.

We will still see bunker eles in the Meta, and we will still have the same clueless yahoos complaining about the wrong things on why this 0/10/0/30/30 build is OP. Prepare for more whining, nerfs, and kitten flinging because there really hasn’t been any significant changes in metagame balance this patch.

That’s ridiculous.

- 20% less Healing on Signet (pretty huge)
- internal CD for Cleansing Water (More important than ppl think, cuz cantrip+switch to water removed 3 Condis, now it can only insta-remove 2)
- Mist Form Nerf (probably more important for other Ele-builds, cuz the Cantrip one can easily use cleansing burst or the teleport)

By far the biggest deal is the Larcenous Strike. 2 boons from you to the Thief without a chance to block or dodge (Infiltrators Strike ftw.) is actually incredibly deadly to this build.

So if you group together the Buffs on the Thief, the Nerf on the Ele itself and the fact that in sPvP, many Teams have already found decent counters to the Cantrip-Ele, it’s definitely not OP anymore.

It’ll probably be a Meta-game thing: It can be strong if not countered, so it just depends on what you or your opponent play and how well you can read the Metagame.

But yes, DPS-Eles got hit harder by all the nerfs and even the buffs to Thiefs etc.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

@kostbabis & PowerBottom

I do agree the introduction to direct counters (thief boon-stealing you mentioned is a great one) has made things more difficult for bunker eles, but it will still take more than a solo thief to bring this build down, and that’s no different than pre-patch.

Even with the icd on cleansing water, most condition builds can still be cleansed safely. In the case of mass condition application from necros and engis, you could swap in cleansing flame or ether renewal + armor of the earth. It takes more resources, but imo no enough to shake the meta. If you look at the big picture, the most devastating condition builds wouldn’t just be trouble for eles, but for most other professions as well.

It is still too early to judge, but I don’t think the ele nerfs were going in the right direction in addressing the bunker issue. It just made things clunkier and less fun. I tried the same generic build in tpvp yesterday with the same strategy, and things were pretty much the same even with the big mechanical changes. Only necros gave me a lot more trouble, but that’s fair. I guess in time, we will see how effective this patch is in fixing the meta.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

@kostbabis & PowerBottom

I do agree the introduction to direct counters (thief boon-stealing you mentioned is a great one) has made things more difficult for bunker eles, but it will still take more than a solo thief to bring this build down, and that’s no different than pre-patch.

Even with the icd on cleansing water, most condition builds can still be cleansed safely. In the case of mass condition application from necros and engis, you could swap in cleansing flame or ether renewal + armor of the earth. It takes more resources, but imo no enough to shake the meta. If you look at the big picture, the most devastating condition builds wouldn’t just be trouble for eles, but for most other professions as well.

It is still too early to judge, but I don’t think the ele nerfs were going in the right direction in addressing the bunker issue. It just made things clunkier and less fun. I tried the same generic build in tpvp yesterday with the same strategy, and things were pretty much the same even with the big mechanical changes. Only necros gave me a lot more trouble, but that’s fair. I guess in time, we will see how effective this patch is in fixing the meta.

In a game like GW, there will always be certain Builds or combinations of Builds that are very strong if you don’t counter them, that’s part of the Metagame. It’s okay if sth. is strong and your team willingly didn’t play a counter to it; your team will probably handle other situations better.

But with the Thief and the slight nerfs, there at least is a strong counter to it, so lets see how the metagame evolves.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Avead.5760

Cirax yeah nerfs werent in the right direction i agree..but they did a pretty good job to nerf the bunker imo.It is a bunker afterall ..supposed to last a long time in 1vs1

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

No, the meta builds are actually on par with other classes now. Some eles will cry because they weren’t actually better players than many of the people they were beating on 1v1 and now reality will sink in. There are however UP aspects to the class, such as staff and the fire and air trait lines. But as far as the meta 30 water 30 arcane builds the tuning was good.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I took on 4 people yesterday + people who respawned and joined in on my ele, without ever dropping below 75% hp…yep…my ele is very weak. Can you please reverse the nerfs ANet. I shouldn’t be dropping below 95% hp.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Eles crying because they’re balanced now…you’re just mortal like everyone else after patch, deal with it..

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Avead.5760

Eles crying because they’re pretty balanced now…

made my day..

I still kick the kitten of every mesmer i meet .If you think we are balanced then thank you,you made my day :P
I just roam like kitten and would not touch wvw again..But not being able to be everywhere to make up for my teams bad calls its their problems.Id say i feel more relaxed now.Like when i die 2vs1 and say to myself,you know..you arent supposed to succesfully pull this off anymore
Thx Anet!

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

lolol on my server i saw a match 10 v 10 without any ele

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Let it be for a bit, see how the meta plays itself out. this is the first patch that might actually shake things up, and its way to early to call on what adjustments need to be made. Eles have been on top for 5+ months. And are probably still not the weakest class, so…you get to be the rest of us for a bit till we see how things shake out.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Let it be for a bit, see how the meta plays itself out. this is the first patch that might actually shake things up, and its way to early to call on what adjustments need to be made. Eles have been on top for 5+ months. And are probably still not the weakest class, so…you get to be the rest of us for a bit till we see how things shake out.

Wow. Measured, intelligent response instead of knee-jerk reaction.

+1

Ele is certainly still not the weakest class, and the bunker is still very strong in the hands of skilled players. Thankfully there will be no more nimrods rolling their face across the keyboard in invincible mode and a well played ele can be killed in 1v1 by a few classes if played well enough.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Eles crying because they’re pretty balanced now…

made my day..

I still kick the kitten of every mesmer i meet .If you think we are balanced then thank you,you made my day :P

Mesmer is known for being weak against eles like every other spec with many aoes, but it’s a normal mechanic, aoes kills clones and phantasms and you can do nothing to prevent it….spec advantage is one thing, being op is another and ele is pretty balanced now…imo..

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

thieves got what?!

did we read the same patch notes?
Thieves got mug nerfed and a new ability with Sword/Dagger setup. thieves have the same stealth they had before, the same mobility they had before and actually LESS burst than they had before… what are you talking about?!

And more survival, because now you use sword/dagger for the closer and save mug for when you need a 2k+ heal plus the really good steal ability you get on most classes.

You are also not mentioning that the signets thieves run alongside their burst builds got doubled in effectiveness on their passive, so they’ll do more sustained damage until they spike with backstab, which is still as kitten as ever.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

No.
This is where I would say additional stuff but I’m left speechless.

Aka, you don’t play ele and you don’t give a rat’s kitten about eles and you like the nerf but you really had nothing to say.
Also, if an ele’s qq makes your day, you really need to do more with your life, and in gw2 as well

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

(edited by Raptured.9307)

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

Overnerfed? How?

6+ months on top of the food chain in sPvP….

After patch still on top… How is that overnerfed? Have you tried warrior, or if its to hard to play overnerfed warrior did you try to play any other “non god mode” profession???

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Nah, eles are not top now. If anything, rangers just became more OP and mesmers stayed where they were.

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Bunker eles are still fine, it’s non bunker eles that were overnerfed. That’s really what most of the rtl and mist form complaints are about. Sure, a bunker didn’t need to be able to move fast, but the (few) others did.

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Let they nerf it to the ground then launch a revamp for eles, until then I’ll be killing moas.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Ant.3415

Yes, actually my main is a Warrior, and I PVP with 2 different versions of varying builds. I’ve pretty much given up on them ever being valuable in PVP ever since the massive nerfs during beta, but I still play it until I get too frustrated. People get so bent out of shape about 100b which is literally the easiest ability in the game to counter.

I totally admit D/D Cantrip Ele was very strong before, though solid Rangers/Engineers/ alternate spec Thieves could give us trouble. I think the strong Ele nerfs across multiple aspects of play, in combination of buffs given to other professions is way too much.

It reminds me of the crap that Ghostcrawler used to do in that other MMO.

Overnerfed? How?

6+ months on top of the food chain in sPvP….

After patch still on top… How is that overnerfed? Have you tried warrior, or if its to hard to play overnerfed warrior did you try to play any other “non god mode” profession???

You over-nerfed Ele

in PvP

Posted by: FinalBoss.3690

FinalBoss.3690

Only thing I did not like was the change to RTL. Movement is terrible now. RTL was a great gap closer when chasing a thief running with a short bow or a Mesmer pooping out clones and blinking away. Now if you don’t hit them with RTL you have to wait 40secs for CD while the class your chasing continue’s to run away jumping up and down. Killed the class for WvW IMO I don’t want to use a staff and follow around the blue pin like Zerg Babies. Besides RTL I don’t really mind the other changes.

Server: Jade Quarry
Guild: Imminent Demise [iD]