are amulets balanced?

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

in parallels to the other thread about bunker vs glass cannon.

is 798th power = 798th vitality?

may be popularity of glass cannons is due to imba amulets?

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

They are not.
Every point of vital gets multiplied by 10 and added to base
Every point of power gets multiplied by a skill specific number.
So normally every point of vitality is worth more than 1 power if your taking only 1 attack. Eg. 798 vitality will increase you 7980 health and 798 power ammy would only have kill shot do 5570 if it ignored armor.

Reality though is crits exist, crit DMG exists, dmg modifier traits and you are going to take more then 1 hit. Unlike toughness their is no effective health synergy with heals against power dmg.

Tl;Dr vitality is a weaker stat but is worth more than power only momentarily (start of fight). If I recall vitals true worth is in combination with toughness and otherwise both are pretty balls.

Think you already knew it anyways but yeah some amulets don’t compute.
One thing to consider is their is an intentional offensive bias so defensive amulets aren’t supposed to be effective against an offensive one.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I wish they’d remove vigor and just make Vitality increase endurance regen rate. That’d be cool.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I wish they’d remove vigor and just make Vitality increase endurance regen rate. That’d be cool.

I’m sure most Necros and Warriors share that point of view!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Are you making fun of me? :P
(Also, I DO mean Vitality, not total hp, so the opportunity for all classes would be equal), however I assume you mean because they have the least vigor opportunities?

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

(Also, I DO mean Vitality, not total hp, so the opportunity for all classes would be equal), however I assume you mean because they have the least vigor opportunities?

Lightly teasing, lol.

Carrion Rangers, Carrion Necromancers, Soldier’s Amulet MM Necromancers, and Soldier’s Amulet Warriors of all types typically ran without investing in vigor – either unwilling or unable.

I can’t condone adding something like what you’re suggesting because all of these insanely beefy builds would just get a massive boost of endurance regeneration without any additional investment, or even changing their builds.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Lightly teasing, lol.

Carrion Rangers, Carrion Necromancers, Soldier’s Amulet MM Necromancers, and Soldier’s Amulet Warriors of all types typically ran without investing in vigor – either unwilling or unable.

I can’t condone adding something like what you’re suggesting because all of these insanely beefy builds would just get a massive boost of endurance regeneration without any additional investment, or even changing their builds.

So tone them all down a little. That’s not a reason for a stat to be useless <3. Thieves might like Soldier’s more if it allowed them to evade a little moar trolololol.

Have to consider all the other builds that might have real use for Vitality give said change.

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Vitality is already useful but far as I can see Both it and toughness are inherently individually inferior to power. Condi DMG didn’t really compare either before last summer given its role is anti toughness and toughness didn’t and doesn’t matter to all that.

The great forum duppy.

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Vitality is already useful but far as I can see Both it and toughness are inherenently individually inferior to power. Tbh I don’t even think condi DMG holds up to power normally except in extreme amounts of toughness which is probably why they buffed the application in the summer.

I kinda disagree. Minus enemies with a ton of condi removal, Settler’s armor can do a kitten ton of dps on warriors/necros/mesmers/rangers. You really don’t see any Cleric builds that ever stand a chance at actually killing someone (Except maybe my banner healing power warrior I made once, but that was carried by high fury uptime and might stacks via signet). Conditions seem to be superior in damage without back up. What makes power pull ahead is it has TWO supporting stats. Power → Precision → even harder crits. Conditions don’t really have that. which is probably why they do more damage initially, not a fan of it, but I guess it’s sort of needed now with how much access to condi removal everyone has.

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Conditions do higher base damage because if they increased it’s reliance on condition duration then condition duration would have to be added to an amulet, and that would mean a reworking of every fear/immob/chill duration before they got out of hand. And if we’re being honest, that’s more work than has gone into pvp balance in the past 9 months.

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Vitality is already useful but far as I can see Both it and toughness are inherenently individually inferior to power. Tbh I don’t even think condi DMG holds up to power normally except in extreme amounts of toughness which is probably why they buffed the application in the summer.

I kinda disagree. Minus enemies with a ton of condi removal, Settler’s armor can do a kitten ton of dps on warriors/necros/mesmers/rangers. You really don’t see any Cleric builds that ever stand a chance at actually killing someone (Except maybe my banner healing power warrior I made once, but that was carried by high fury uptime and might stacks via signet). Conditions seem to be superior in damage without back up. What makes power pull ahead is it has TWO supporting stats. Power -> Precision -> even harder crits. Conditions don’t really have that. which is probably why they do more damage initially, not a fan of it, but I guess it’s sort of needed now with how much access to condi removal everyone has.

Actually no one except for warriors and guardians with contemplation of purty and/or lyssa runes have enough condi clears.

The reason you think a lot of people have condi removal is probably because of lyssa runes, and that was born out of desperation in the condi meta. I would love to not use lyssa runes, but it’s pretty crucial considering how little condition removals some classes have.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

I kinda disagree. Minus enemies with a ton of condi removal, Settler’s armor can do a kitten ton of dps on warriors/necros/mesmers/rangers. You really don’t see any Cleric builds that ever stand a chance at actually killing someone (Except maybe my banner healing power warrior I made once, but that was carried by high fury uptime and might stacks via signet). Conditions seem to be superior in damage without back up. What makes power pull ahead is it has TWO supporting stats. Power -> Precision -> even harder crits. Conditions don’t really have that. which is probably why they do more damage initially, not a fan of it, but I guess it’s sort of needed now with how much access to condi removal everyone has.

You might be right

Where power falters vs condi’s imo is that power damage is more readily handled.
Toughness,protection and weakness directly mitigate it, and just like condition damage, vitality will increase how much you can take before you are dead. Conditions mitigation vs all 3 power-exclusive options is removal. Removal however isn’t as reliable. Your condition skill may remove 2 conditions but it doesn’t mean specifically 2 damaging conditions. You may be burning to death with 8 stacks of bleeding and remove cripple + 2 stacks of vulnerability. Oh and if you have no offensive stats, conditions will fare you better.

Tooltips are calculated for 2600 Armor at a base level stuff like rabid amulet (569) doesn’t even get medium armor (forget scholar) professions to 2600 until they add extra sources of toughness. Only the warrior hits above the tooltip.
Even then we all know because of damage modifier traits our power damage dwarfs that even if someone had 2600. That’s before crits are even considered.
Look at pistol whip in zerkers vs, Sneak attack in rabid. ~2.2k vs 2.3k at 2600 armor, and that’s including sneak attacks condi damage which penetrate armor….PW still hits harder. Slice still hits harder than vital shot. Flanking strike may be outdamaged by Sneak attack yes at that level if we exclude modifiers and if we exclude crits.
Yes there is settlers but settlers does less damage than dedicated condi damage sets like rabid. Power specs will feel themself falling off vs settlers, and condi specs will feel their efficiency against settlers, yet at the same time. Powers (zerker/soldier/valk) damage level is still somewhat > rabids at 2600 armor with no modifiers and crits.

The great forum duppy.

are amulets balanced?

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I don’t believe the Amulets are balanced. Having defensive-condition amulets(Rabid/Settlers) allows for the player to have little risk in their builds while still pumping out significant damage. There needs to be more risk in part for doing great damage. I look at Berserkers and see a decently balanced Amulet with some risk involved. You can’t have the best of both worlds.