enough is enough...

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Kheops.3081

Kheops.3081

Hi , I’ve been gw2 for quite a while now and today I went to do some tpvp here’s the opposing team
warr/guardian/ele/guardian/engi

the guardians being immortal , I decided to target only the other ones , starting by the engi , we fought him 2v1 he died and I had like 8k hp left , But his 20 sec ++ poison downed me near the flag and then came the warr to finish me off…

How can a class have a 20 sec poison ? this is unfair , its like he has enough time to be killed and come back finish you off while you’re downed…

also how can Guardians be immortals while doing tons of dmg ? I remember we were 3 guys hitting those guardians , they seemed to be full hp the entire fight while we were dying so fast

I just don’t understand all of this…I bought gw2 cuz I thought PvP would be fun , competitive and balanced , but its none of the above ! its not fun anymore seeing only 4 classes / 8 being played , its not fun fight OP classes (usually when one goes for defence , he sacrifices his offensive power but its not happening in this game with those guardians…) not to mention D/D Ele who can kill pretty fast too while having tons of heals/immunity spells

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

None of this is true and you’re bad for not having a condition clear. Please learn to play and come back.

Quoting this before you change it out of embarrassment.

Hi , I’ve been gw2 for quite a while now and today I went to do some tpvp here’s the opposing team

the guardians being immortal , I decided to target only the other ones , starting by the engi , we fought him 2v1 he died and I had like 8k hp left , But his 20 sec ++ poison downed me near the flag and then came the warr to finish me off…

How can a class have a 20 sec poison ? this is unfair , its like he has enough time to be killed and come back finish you off while you’re downed…

also how can Guardians be immortals while doing tons of dmg ? I remember we were 3 guys hitting those guardians , they seemed to be full hp the entire fight while we were dying so fast

I just don’t understand all of this…I bought gw2 cuz I thought PvP would be fun , competitive and balanced , but its none of the above ! its not fun anymore seeing only 4 classes / 8 being played , its not fun fight OP classes (usually when one goes for defence , he sacrifices his offensive power but its not happening in this game with those guardians…) not to mention D/D Ele who can kill pretty fast too while having tons of heals/immunity spells

(edited by Nilgoow.1037)

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

It isn’t that his statement is untrue… You have just asked the wrong question nilgoow. The better question to ask is “what class are you playing kheops?”

I would wager a thief. Thiefs are utterly useless against guardians and they will feel overpowered when you fight them. Further, a thief with no condition clear will fall over to even the tiniest condition dot.

We can assume from the post that the OP is not playing a warrior (which by the way is terrible also), a guardian, an ele, or an engy. That leaves thief, mesmer, necro, and ranger.

The only class out of that which struggles is a thief.

So kheops… what class do you play? if its thief…try rerolling any other class but warrior and see if your situation against the classes you speak of doesnt improve.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

hgh engineer is actually one of the best condition build in the game. However, the build is hard to use.

the guardian is using retaliation against you. To kill a guard, you will need boon removal

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I have said this in the forums many times its the scaling of bunker stats that is the problem base dmg>base def stats and its complete bull since def stats have no synergy.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I agree with you with the duration of conditions being to high. That means you should have at least one condition removal with low recharge time. The problem is you use that condition removal to clean on contition and 1 or 2 sec later you have it again (and even more) on you. If a condition is so easely aplied it should have shorter durations.
Right now there are problems with some classes in PvP but Anet is trying to bring the other profession in line with those OP right now. It takes time.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

I’m guessing you stood in engineer’s grenade kit fifth skill for far too long, understandable because it doesn’t have a red circle like other enemy aoe’s. And probably died from retaliation from guardian.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Kheops.3081

Kheops.3081

yes sorry mursie for not mentionning my class , I’m playing as a warr and I’m not using a berserker jewel (edit: using soldier’s amulet actually) still I die pretty fast against guardians
do you think it is normal for a class to have a 20 sec poison ? that’s just non sense especially if you have no condition removal skill in your bar :/

also “Nilgoow” sorry to disapoint you but am not editing my first post , you can take another screen shot and even print it if you wish so

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

yes sorry mursie for not mentionning my class , I’m playing as a warr and I’m not using a berserker jewel (edit: using soldier’s amulet actually) still I die pretty fast against guardians
do you think it is normal for a class to have a 20 sec poison ? that’s just non sense especially if you have no condition removal skill in your bar :/

also “Nilgoow” sorry to disapoint you but am not editing my first post , you can take another screen shot and even print it if you wish so

Melandru runes and lemongrass poultry soup… Tbh though, not sure you can use food in there as I’m always in WvW, but those two items are great for cutting down condition duration for warriors.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

HGH engineer is over the top right now everything in that build is too much it has good condition cleanse CC and every attack has conditions. I’m sorry but as a warrior you are going to have a tough time against that build.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Well there’s your problem. Playin the worst class in the game ATM. Warriors are not good under any circumstance sadly. They also have the worst access to condi clear of any class in the game. HGH will eat you alive and spit you out to the character select screen.

And as far as the poison goes, you stood inside the engis poison field. It’s quite literally the only thing that will get that duration. Like mursie said, it has no red circle around it because it’s bugged out. Just don’t stand in the three rings with a green cloud interior and you’ll be fine.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

HGH engineer is over the top right now everything in that build is too much it has good condition cleanse CC and every attack has conditions. I’m sorry but as a warrior you are going to have a tough time against that build.

Dude. It has no CC at all. Zero. For the love of god man, will you please stop talking about this build when you don’t understand it at all?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: D Is For Daggers.8741

D Is For Daggers.8741

I can’t tell if op is trolling but… some notes

-warrior is severely under powered in tpvp right now… it has always struggled with livability, and since the quickness nerf it’s extremely difficult to set up high dps spikes (100blades)
-Dps guardians are usually not a threat unless you spike right into their retal and they can easily be countered by good sustain or condition/boon removal
-Bunker guardians have almost no damage
-D/D ele is indeed very strong if played right(probably the strongest build in the current meta), but can be countered by dodging burning speeds and condi loading
-Hgh engi is probably the best duelist right now, but if you died to poison after the engi died you really need to run a condi remover/good heal… devs have said that this is getting nerfed though so don’t worry engis will soon be completely useless

Many of these things you just need to learn through playing, but you might also want to consider rerolling to another class because of the state warriors are in…
Try checking out the streams thread that is stickied in this section, watch some high level players, and decide on what class you want to roll

enough is enough...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Dude. It has no CC at all. Zero. For the love of god man, will you please stop talking about this build when you don’t understand it at all?

So glue shot has no CC? Freeze grenade doesn’t count as CC either? Supply Drop? That isn’t CC? For someone that invented this build it is a bold claim saying it has absolutely NO cc… And it also has good condition removal and tons of condition application.. Please tell me which of those statements are wrong? And one class that is guaranteed to have a rough time against this build is warriors and if you even think about disagreeing you will be just as bad as when thieves defended their OPness in WVW due to culling.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: D Is For Daggers.8741

D Is For Daggers.8741

immob and chill are condi not cc
Supply drop is the only cc in this build and it’s on a 180 second cooldown

enough is enough...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Chill is considered soft CC and immobilize keeps targets in an area from moving… Sounds like Crowd Control to me…. But to say that it has NO CC is just wrong and if you want to count the blinds they also count as what some would call soft CC because they control whether or not your targets attacks land…. To say that it has no CC is almost as absurd as saying “This build sucks at applying conditions”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Shout warrior: shake it off, for great justice, on my mark with shouts cure conditions and soldier runes. If you see a grenade kit engi, keep moving side to side as nades are not easy to hit on a moving target.
EDIT: And while chill and imob are technically conditions they gave cc effects for sure.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

(edited by SmoothHussler.6387)

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Chill is considered soft CC and immobilize keeps targets in an area from moving… Sounds like Crowd Control to me…. But to say that it has NO CC is just wrong and if you want to count the blinds they also count as what some would call soft CC because they control whether or not your targets attacks land…. To say that it has no CC is almost as absurd as saying “This build sucks at applying conditions”

Glue shot immobs a target for such a short duration that if you throw a grenade they’ll sometimes have time to dodge out of it.

And I would hardly call chill and blind “cc” against most classes.

Supply crate is CC, but it’s our kittening elite on a 180 second cooldown.

Yes, the build has no regular access to CC. If a guy is getting stomped, the only thing I can do is drop a supply crate. Almost every other common TPVP spec in the entire game has more access to hard and soft CC.

enough is enough...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Glue shot immobs a target for such a short duration that if you throw a grenade they’ll sometimes have time to dodge out of it.

Yes, the build has no regular access to CC. If a guy is getting stomped, the only thing I can do is drop a supply crate. Almost every other common TPVP spec in the entire game has more access to hard and soft CC.

Glue shot interrupts targets current animation… Because Immobilize interrupts current skills… Freeze grenade results in a 66% movement decrease and skill recharge increase for a longer duration than most stuns or dazes. And after supply crate is dropped it has even MOOORRREEE immobilize to be honest immobilize and chill are worse than daze and stun… The only thing stronger would be blowout knockbacks but those are rather rare….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Glue shot interrupts targets current animation… Because Immobilize interrupts current skills… Freeze grenade results in a 66% movement decrease and skill recharge increase for a longer duration than most stuns or dazes. And after supply crate is dropped it has even MOOORRREEE immobilize to be honest immobilize and chill are worse than daze and stun… The only thing stronger would be blowout knockbacks but those are rather rare….

Immobilize does NOT interrupt skills. Are you kidding me? Please stop man. Please. You don’t know what this build is and its strengths and weaknesses and you don’t understand even the most basic of in game mechanics. Your posts are rife with inaccuracies and hyperbole that is not conducive to discussion in any way.

enough is enough...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Immobilize does NOT interrupt skills. Are you kidding me? Please stop man. Please. You don’t know what this build is and its strengths and weaknesses and you don’t understand even the most basic of in game mechanics. Your posts are rife with inaccuracies and hyperbole that is not conducive to discussion in any way.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobilize

“Characters suffering from immobilized are bound by purple tinted ethereal chains. Whatever animation they were going through when they were immobilized will also be halted. "

You were saying? And yes I know it does interrupt skills because when I do Hammer #3 on my guardian (in line immobilize) I see “interrupt” which is why I went and looked for other effects of immobilize… Also when an ele uses magnetic grasp on me it has interrupted me… So inaccurate how? And to say that freeze grenade doesn’t fulfill CC roles is just ridiculous its a 2 second chill which in fast fights can feel like forever… And no class has enough condition cleanses to keep up with how fast this build applies them especially with all the might stacks.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I only remember poison that long from some PvE npcs or maybe the necro? (Don’t know much about necro… one of the classes I’m not playing with my 5 char slots but I think I encountered a bit longer poison sometimes while fighting some necro… but not everyone).

Guardians hard to kill AND doing a lot of damage is also something I haven’t seen that often. They might have high power or stuff like that and focused on damage and very good and experienced at using skills to avoid damage(instead of toughness or hp)?

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobilize

“Characters suffering from immobilized are bound by purple tinted ethereal chains. Whatever animation they were going through when they were immobilized will also be halted. "

You were saying? And yes I know it does interrupt skills because when I do Hammer #3 on my guardian (in line immobilize) I see “interrupt” which is why I went and looked for other effects of immobilize… Also when an ele uses magnetic grasp on me it has interrupted me… So inaccurate how? And to say that freeze grenade doesn’t fulfill CC roles is just ridiculous its a 2 second chill which in fast fights can feel like forever… And no class has enough condition cleanses to keep up with how fast this build applies them especially with all the might stacks.

Go test it right now. Just do it. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does not interrupt casts. I am a billion percent positive.

Immobilize is CC, but it does NOT interrupt casts. Glue shot will never interrupt anything and is only good for the junk cripple and kiting.

enough is enough...

in PvP

jportell.2197

Go test it right now. Just do it. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it does not interrupt casts. I am a billion percent positive.

Immobilize is CC, but it does NOT interrupt casts. Glue shot will never interrupt anything and is only good for the junk cripple and kiting.

Wait so immobilize is CC? But But But…

So does it have CC or does it have absolutely ZERO CC? Hmmmm…. Make your mind up on what your build can or cannot do.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

IT’S ONE kittenING SECOND OF IMMOB

ONE
UNO
SECOND
one

On a 24 second cooldown. Literally there is a 1/24 uptime on immob. It is literally the shortest immob in the entire game on the longest cooldown of all immobs in the entire game.

ROFL

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

IT’S ONE kittenING SECOND OF IMMOB

ONE
UNO
SECOND
one

On a 24 second cooldown. Literally there is a 1/24 uptime on immob. It is literally the shortest immob in the entire game on the longest cooldown of all immobs in the entire game.

ROFL

Sorry Ostrich, but you will never changes some peoples minds. He probably has gotten killed by a really good HGH engi one to many times and believes it is super OP.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I’ve been interrupted by imob. Just saying he’s not altogether offside in his claims.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I’ve been interrupted by imob. Just saying he’s not altogether offside in his claims.

Ya it happens, but it only seems to on certain types of skills. May be a bug tbh.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

enough is enough...

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

The only thing an immob does is prevent you from turning and moving. If you have an ability dependent on a target in front of you (like most abilities) and you start casting it, become immobed and the target moves to your side it will become “interrupted”.

It’s not the same thing, but the effect is the same. Other than that I’ve never had anything “interrupted” by immobs or ever seen anything interrupted by immobs.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

“grabs popcorn”

Angry engineers are highly entertaining.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Melandru runes and lemongrass poultry soup… Tbh though, not sure you can use food in there as I’m always in WvW, but those two items are great for cutting down condition duration for warriors.

No you cant use food in spvp, weird that you dont know something you would learn immidiatly from 1 game of spvp when commenting in the spvp forums. O.o

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

a lot of the current meta can be countered with boon hate

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

It isn’t that his statement is untrue… You have just asked the wrong question nilgoow. The better question to ask is “what class are you playing kheops?”

I would wager a thief. Thiefs are utterly useless against guardians and they will feel overpowered when you fight them. Further, a thief with no condition clear will fall over to even the tiniest condition dot.

We can assume from the post that the OP is not playing a warrior (which by the way is terrible also), a guardian, an ele, or an engy. That leaves thief, mesmer, necro, and ranger.

So kheops… what class do you play? if its thief…try rerolling any other class but warrior and see if your situation against the classes you speak of doesnt improve.

Actually, a thief, when spec’d right, is a very formidable competitor against guards. Regular Backstab bursters tend to fail against guards because their high toughness overcomes the fact that bursters need to kill their enemies as quickly as possible. However, condi thieves and bunker thieves tend to be able to put up good fights against guards. Just sayin’.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

“hello guys this is my first pvp match, I know nothing about pvp, strategies, classes and combos overall, but for god’s sake, that engi killed me. HE MUST BE NERFED!”
fOck logic

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

(edited by Kultas Sunstrider.9218)

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Probably stood in the poison field longer than needed. The thing that usually kills me is burning but if poison kills you, it’s your bad positioning that caused it.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

EVERYBODY STRAP IN we’re bout to open some kittening windows

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

He’s only had the game a month and is playing warrior. Regardless of whether HGH is OP or not it’s not hard to guess what happened.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Lalnuir.4957

Lalnuir.4957

Actually, a thief, when spec’d right, is a very formidable competitor against guards. Regular Backstab bursters tend to fail against guards because their high toughness overcomes the fact that bursters need to kill their enemies as quickly as possible. However, condi thieves and bunker thieves tend to be able to put up good fights against guards. Just sayin’.

This has not been my experience.

Bunker or condi thieves can not kill me 1v1. They simply don’t have the damage to get past my healing and condi removal. Generally I cannot kill a good thief either but I can defend or capture a point from them with ease.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Luman.2380

Luman.2380

This could be one of the most laughable posts I have seen in a while. Plz dont clutter the forums with this Kheops. TY

Quilja – Apex Prime [APeX]

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

oh my apologies.. i forgot about the plethora of super awesome condi and bunker thiefs roaming tpvp. please forgive me.

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

No you cant use food in spvp, weird that you dont know something you would learn immidiatly from 1 game of spvp when commenting in the spvp forums. O.o

Aw, should I be banished to the WvW forum only to listen to you cry about loot bags when you’re hardly the first to do so? kitten me to hell for reading other forums to pick up some knowledge or trying to help someone who may branch out. A simple, no food doesn’t work, would have sufficed, weird you couldn’t leave it at that O.o

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

There is no such thing as a bunker thief. Thief healing relies on stealth spamming, which means they can’t hold a point. Which is what bunkering means. Unless you mean they can bunker a random spot on the map that isn’t a point.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

enough is enough...

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

Pvp is this game is fairly complex, which is all of the better in my opinion. If you just started playing it you should first go and do some research and run some tests, read up what things are in the gwwiki and just practice more before making a post claiming the game is broken.

For one thing you need condi removal to pvp. For another, bunker guardians generally can’t be killed 1v1 at equal skill without investing more time on it than is worthwhile if he holds the point, you need multiple people in a coordinated attack to bring one down quickly. In exchange the dmg of a pure bunker guardian is pretty low if u’re dodging/kiting properly, you just have to be mindful of retaliation and you can see that buff, as well as other buffs you should track on your opponent such as aegis, under his health bar. Eles are OP right now, necro and warrior a UP, but it’s not by all that much.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior