feature patch, that's it for pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

no new big announcements for pvp, no new maps no new game modes no new weaponskills / utils after 2 years.
some better and some worse balance changes and that’s it.

Sep 03
Reimagining Collections

Sep 04
Trading 2.0

wasn’t this feature patch aimed at PvP and WvW? both game modes didn’t get anything truly amazing. even the other changes are mostly useless, at least for me and most likely for the major part of the PvP community aswell.

i bet 3g that we don’t even get a bank/TP npc in hotms this patch.

shame on you arenanet if i compare what dota2 gets and what you offer us.

balance changes + standard models
vs
map editor + new hero + balance changes + random hero game mode

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Yeah after 2 years of not being listen Im starting to get bored with pvp and I don’t like pve or wvw, so ill prob take a long break from gw2. Conquest got stale and boring. I am still gonna wait for the patch but if that’s all the pvp community is getting I will strongly consider the break.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I feel like this was more of a feature patch to hype at gamescom and pax than anything else. The PvP and WvW enhancements were pretty lame.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

it’s a feature patch, not a patchpatch. they only optimize existing functions of the game and do a little rebalancing.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It does appear to be more of an “I did that on idle time” developer work. I suspect they are either working more on something else for the game, or for a different game entirely. It feels as if this is more filler/fluff than anything else.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

I too find it difficult to believe that this handful of balance changes is all of the PvP content that they could muster in half a year.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I too find it difficult to believe that this handful of balance changes is all of the PvP content that they could muster in half a year.

Believe it. If you want to be even more depressed go check out the newest living world areas once every 2 weeks and then think about what could have been done to PvP if they spent that time working on it instead.

Even worse, when balance is bad the game is left to rot. It has been through many different metas over the last year alone where so many different things, particularly skill-less classes like warrior, necro and ranger, where too broken to have any sort of competitive PvP. They’re just as liable as to ruin their miniscule progress next patch as they are to do anything beneficial. Many a time have I endured 3 months till the next balance patch to find it only got worse.

Then there’s the skyhammer factor! I wonder what the next map they’ll force down our throats will be like?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Sauncho.8076

Sauncho.8076

The fact of the matter is they didn’t need to release a “Feature Patch.” They could have just patched in all of these changes as they were ready. Putting off these changes so that they could release them all in one patch is lame, as it builds false expectations.

In my experience, most MMOs release these kinds of QOL changes in bi-weekly/monthly patches. At least this way it feels like the game is improving steadily.

I’m not sure who is in overall charge over there at Anet, but I think whoever it is needs to take a moment to re-evaluate how things are done over there. If you look at some of my first posts here on the forums, my biggest complaint was kitten backwards priorities. It seems this is still the case.

“Pimpin aint ez”

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The fact of the matter is they didn’t need to release a “Feature Patch.” They could have just patched in all of these changes as they were ready. Putting off these changes so that they could release them all in one patch is lame, as it builds false expectations.

In my experience, most MMOs release these kinds of QOL changes in bi-weekly/monthly patches. At least this way it feels like the game is improving steadily.

I’m not sure who is in overall charge over there at Anet, but I think whoever it is needs to take a moment to re-evaluate how things are done over there. If you look at some of my first posts here on the forums, my biggest complaint was kitten backwards priorities. It seems this is still the case.

The main thing is that they don’t really have an impetus from a companies perspective to change how they operate. If they’re making money from PvE then there’s no need to take the risk and make their PvP better.

PvP has taken a backseat to PvE since the game was released. Balance patches come to slow for PvP players and are often not even accurate in their diagnoses of the problems that plague PvP.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

This ‘Feature’ pack for September basically shows how they can’t afford to support sPvP anymore even when it is desperately needed.

I would suggest looking for a new game or exploring other areas of GW2 as sPvP is all downhill from here on. I can pretty much guarantee that.

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Is Anet under staffed? Maybe they should go to a hybrid subscription model, like SWTOR, in order to raise the needed capital used to make meaningful changes to GW2. Yes, the QoL updates are nice, but they are not what keeps me playing.

GW2 NEEDS MORE CONTENT IN ALL AREAS!!!! sPvP desperately needs newer game modes. WTF?

Anet, you are dropping the ball on this game, BIG TIME! Potential is being squandered!

This feature patch can be summed up in one word: Disappointing. :-(

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is really disappointing ANET. You can’t even release a new map in a year. You can’t fix a broken leaderboard. You can’t fix solo queue. You can’t get better quality matches.

I guess I am expecting too much given that you are still trying to figure out how to remove skyhammer from solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Yeah, so… I read through the content update contents and when I got to the end of it, I was like: “Ok so where’s that part about PvP… I must have missed it somehwere…”

And (correct me if I’m wrong) nothing new on the trait system, that got so screwed with last content update it turns you off from making an alt so much, you wouldn’t do it even if someone threatened you to cut both of your testicles off…

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It is dissapointing. So much map space left unexpanded upon in favour or living world updates. New weapons for classes that were rumoured before ascended weapons and armour that appears to have been forgotten. So many new game modes in PvP that can easily be made available, but we may never see. Conquest we have already, of course. They gave us courtyard for a kill farm mode, but didn’t make it available in team queue as a new game mode - the code is pretty much written already for that. Spirit Watch introduced a capture the flag mode except it is also conquest; the orb shows there is code for capture the flag which can be implemented in other maps and made available as a third game mode.

So yes, standard models as an option is very nice - I swear the asuras are getting smaller - but it’s far from what the PvP community has been waiting and hoping for since... a long time. It really is time for something a little bigger than a ’feature’ patch.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Ah yes, the standard models in pvp… The one and only really cool feature to come with this content update… but gets limited to TA and CA only… for no apparent reason at all…

Instead of giving everyone an option to choose whether they want to standardize their models or not, like they did with team colors, condition damage, etc…

\o/

(edited by samo.1054)

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

The fact of the matter is they didn’t need to release a "Feature Patch." They could have just patched in all of these changes as they were ready. Putting off these changes so that they could release them all in one patch is lame, as it builds false expectations.

that’s imo the main problem here. i myself thought: yeeah, feature patch, read the topics and realized: oh, yes a feature patch is for game features, not the gamecontent itself and i was quite disappointed for a moment.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Even when we have content updates all we get is living world content and gem store content. So now i ask myself where is the space for PvP content?

Do you remember when that new wvw map got released? It was as living story content. But as pvp dislikes little living story kittens we kinda have no way to get anything meaningful.

God even a hotm overhaul would’ve been something nice. We still have so many useless areas there which could be improved into arenas and tbh nobody uses the treb training anyway….

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

They should more separate pvp game and develpoers from normal game. The feature patch, that made us closer to pve players with gold and glory removal, was step backward. Maybe even separate gem store (with gems and glory prices) so that those devs should care more for pvp and doing everything they can to make money out of it, not like now.

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Hey but at least we get the immobilise bug and getting trapped in walls fixed on maps though right? oh….

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

My reaction to week three: IOAHFuidawhfuanhwfuoFHUOFHCAUFhdAUWhdbauHFUF!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaa………………………………………………

Hope that’s some helpful insight.

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

My reaction to week three: IOAHFuidawhfuanhwfuoFHUOFHCAUFhdAUWhdbauHFUF!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaa………………………………………………

Hope that’s some helpful insight.

I know, minis in wardrobe is just too much excitement to handle!

Seriously though, this patch is really lacking in the pvp department (but what’s new!) Standard enemy models is great, and I can’t complain, however then they make it limited to teamq and customs. I’m guessing this is because of a technical issue, still it’s very disappointing.

Next you have the armor, I love the fact that pvp finally gets some exclusive armor. However the way it’s obtained is wrong imo. Having a set for competitive tournaments is fine, and I applause that. That best should be rewarded. However the other set is far to easy to obtain. Most people will go into hotjoin and just grind it out, and it shouldn’t be like that. Make it so you have to play teamq and soloq, and also make it so you have to WIN to get progression towards it. As of right now, a player can simply go into hotjoin grind it, once they hit their cap, they will just go into soloq or teamq not even caring or going afk because they know they will get progression towards it. It shouldn’t be like that.

/rant I’ll shut up now

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Commenting here won’t change the situation

The devs didnt get into game design to work on mini pets. This is clearly a managerial decision

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Commenting here won’t change the situation

The devs didnt get into game design to work on mini pets. This is clearly a managerial decision

HEY mate you still playing ?

[WM]give us in game ladder