gw2 expansion only hope!

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Gw2 expansion has been placed in long term company plan. Very good news since also gvg was placed and pointed out. There is still hope for great pvp system!

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

dont have any hope for this and i will not buy when nothing changed until than

only thing it brings for sure is devs work on it and dont have time to do something for us now^^

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

i think team should give up major patches and work on expansion if its in plan.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Someone on the WvW forums came up with a really great idea to breath new life into this game. If they could introduce a new sPvP map based off MOBA games like Smite did, you’d probably have a ton of people giving it a shot.

Guild/Player housing is also high on the list of wants for a game like this.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

I won’t go into my opinions regarding an expansion. Have you got a linkable source?

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I won’t go into my opinions regarding an expansion. Have you got a linkable source?

I agree, do we have a link on this?

Afaik there are no plans for developing an expansion however it is not ruled off the table.

Translation: We’ll keep profiting off the cash shop until people wise up and we have to make an expansion.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Someone on the WvW forums came up with a really great idea to breath new life into this game. If they could introduce a new sPvP map based off MOBA games like Smite did, you’d probably have a ton of people giving it a shot.

I don’t know how GW2 would be as strong a Moba as Smite given the absolute lack of skill shots. The inability to customize yourself in battle as per normal moba’s, and that any customization done is permanent (the whole can’t switch weapon sets in combat, not to mention complete inability to redo traits in combat). The customization options that would be available anyways pretty much fall apart as well given the heavy amount of weak traits, runesets, sigils, weapon sets and even amulets. The lack of information that can occur even in 1v1, 1v2 and 2v2 situations (forget about a team fight). If GW2 was able to make a successful moba format within a year given the multiple issues it needs to resolve right now, I’d be amazed and would offer my praise.

I mean sure GvG/Foefire and Mobas have the same “kill the npc at their base” requirement, but in terms of the Moba style, GW2 seems completely distance from it.

The great forum duppy.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I don’t know how GW2 would be as strong a Moba as Smite given the absolute lack of skill shots. The inability to customize yourself in battle as per normal moba’s, and that any customization done is permanent (the whole can’t switch weapon sets in combat, not to mention complete inability to redo traits in combat). The customization options that would be available anyways pretty much fall apart as well given the heavy amount of weak traits, runesets, sigils, weapon sets and even amulets. The lack of information that can occur even in 1v1, 1v2 and 2v2 situations (forget about a team fight). If GW2 was able to make a successful moba format within a year given the multiple issues it needs to resolve right now, I’d be amazed and would offer my praise.

I mean sure GvG/Foefire and Mobas have the same “kill the npc at their base” requirement, but in terms of the Moba style, GW2 seems completely distance from it.

The current way it works now, I completely agree. But it would be worth the effort if ANet could get it done right.

I would hope we have more to look forward to than just team arenas and deathmatch.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I will not spend another cent in this game until PvP is enjoyable. If an expansion comes out before that happens, I will continue playing the games i’m playing right now except Gw2.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Guild Hall > Individual player housing

IGN: Aussie Archer

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

we would not want periodical updates if an expansion is in the works. better focus more resources on that in hopes of better quality content for us to enjoy. some form of communication to relay progress, problems, opinions of players, ongoing concerns etc regarding their expansion would be nice though.

I personally would give whatever they’re planning a shot.

that is if they would make one

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Oslaf Beinir.5842)

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

How exactly would an expansion help the pvp? Possibly a new profession that they’d have to consider balance for, and new skills. Yeah, that wouldn’t be a mess at all. And I would love to see any source for information on a new expansion, as far as I’ve been keeping up, unless you mean super long term.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

There’s no hope for PvP. They obviously place very little importance based on how slow they update it and how terrible class balance is. It’s fundamentally flawed, over complicated, too much invis and pets. Pity as I think it could be really good but the expansion will be more PvE crap with some token PvP or ill thought out garbage like Skyhammer.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

How exactly would an expansion help the pvp? Possibly a new profession that they’d have to consider balance for, and new skills. Yeah, that wouldn’t be a mess at all. And I would love to see any source for information on a new expansion, as far as I’ve been keeping up, unless you mean super long term.

Look at the complete overhauls that were made in each of WoW’s expansions. I agree with the OP, in order to revive the competitiveness of PvP a complete overhaul is required.

Currently the game suffers from a number of flaws:
- Much customization leading to lack of predictability.
- Too much sustain
- Too much damage immunity
- Too much CC immunity
- Damage is largely reliant on conditions and AI. Passive persistent damage. This is the only reliable source of damage due to the high level of sustain and the high level of damage immunity sources.

Tower defense like in Smite would not work in this game because it would be like five Chang’es vs. five Chang’es.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I bought GW2 cause I expected good PvP.
I wont make this failure with an expension.

Besides I dont think, it is fair to let us pay again for getting stuff which just should be in the game.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Look at the complete overhauls that were made in each of WoW’s expansions. I agree with the OP, in order to revive the competitiveness of PvP a complete overhaul is required.

Currently the game suffers from a number of flaws:
- Much customization leading to lack of predictability.
- Too much sustain
- Too much damage immunity
- Too much CC immunity
- Damage is largely reliant on conditions and AI. Passive persistent damage. This is the only reliable source of damage due to the high level of sustain and the high level of damage immunity sources.

Tower defense like in Smite would not work in this game because it would be like five Chang’es vs. five Chang’es.

a new expansion would just add new sustains, immunities, and pets. There wouldn’t be any real overhaul

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

oh man

a expansion can be something good but i really fear this would be bad for pvp
cause they will hold back than everything they work on now and trie to sell it in the expansion as feature

for normal player we have same pvp we had at release with nothing new (atleast nothing relevant) and i dont think I will buy an expansion

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

The idea of a moba style map was debated in depth some time ago in the community development thread on new game-modes:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Collaborative-Development-Topic-Game-Modes/page/9#post3188412

The general feeling from the devs’ responses seems that a strict moba-style map was unlikely, but a map with moba elements to try and capture the strategy and start/mid/end game feel of a moba could be possible.

There was actually a moba type mini-game released for Halloween 2012, which looked fun.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Honestly, if anyone still has dreams of a fun and competitive game then you should rejoice at the potential for an expansion. It is simply the only way this game will make it anywhere. It will give the devs the time they need to fix the many issues with the current game. However, pvp will probably still suffer due to the game focussing on pve.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

gw2 expansion only hope!

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

that source is from may 13th last year….way outdated ANET have since said well after that post that there isn’t an expansion planned anytime recently. As for NCSoft I even think a earnings report LATER than may 13th confirmed there was now no expectation for an expansion as of yet.