pvp guild disturbing rank farm server

in PvP

Posted by: TroniXx.8513

TroniXx.8513

Hey guys,

today i decided to join a rankfarm server to rank up a bit.
It was all chill and fun until some pvp guild joined and literally destroyed everyone on the server.
They all joined blue and prevent red from capping any points, match ended 0-500.
Unfortunatelly there was no admin online at this time to stop them.

So is there any way to get these people banned??
They were clearly playing against the server rules which they were aware of!!

Got everything on video.
Would it help if i sent this to the support team??
Cause they just ruined my whole day would´ve ranked up to 40 finally, if these guys didn´t show up

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You can try sending a ticket for griefing and hope Anet sees it the same way.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

So…. they joined a pvp match in the pvp portion of this game, and then proceeded to carry out some pvp against you (who was also knowingly in a pvp match), and that is a bannable offense?

As far as I know server rules that are placed by players are not =/= the code of conduct that you can get banned for violating. But I could be wrong.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I genuinely cannot tell if this is a troll thread. Personally, I’d like to see people on rank farm servers banned in general.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I genuinely cannot tell if this is a troll thread. Personally, I’d like to see people on rank farm servers banned in general.

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

So…. they joined a pvp match in the pvp portion of this game, and then proceeded to carry out some pvp against you (who was also knowingly in a pvp match), and that is a bannable offense?

As far as I know server rules that are placed by players are not =/= the code of conduct that you can get banned for violating. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, server rules are absolutely inconsequential with regards to the code of conduct. This is a pretty straightforward situation. Normal PvP occurred in a normal PvP environment. Sending in that ticket will elicit nothing more than some anet guy calling out to his buddies to come take a look at the ridiculous ticket he just received.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

LOL

People want to report each other for actually PvPing instead of rank farming – gotta love the casualness of gw2 pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

its been said milions and they still dont learn.

GO.
BACK.
TO PVE.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

An Anet employe already said that rank farm servers are perfectly legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Why? Rank doesn’t mean kitten

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

in PvP

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

LOL

People want to report each other for actually PvPing instead of rank farming – gotta love the casualness of gw2 pvp

Oh, believe me, it’s not just GW2 where this sort of thing happens. I’ve played several different MMO’s where I’ve seen people complain about getting killed in (open world) PvP… on a PvP server. Of course, when you suggest that they just re-roll to a PvE server, they act like you just insulted their mother or something. xD

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i almost cry with this post . .. . OP you are a genius HAJAJAJAJA

pLEASE let me know the name of the guild that did this to you . . . i will send them 135234624 gold.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i almost cry with this post . .. . OP you are a genius HAJAJAJAJA

pLEASE let me know the name of the guild that did this to you . . . i will send them 135234624 gold.

I did it, now send me the gold. Kthxbye

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

If you happen to own a server, just password-lock it so that only your guildmates can join in the fun.

If you do decide to Rank farm though, at the very least maybe take a bit of time to improve your plays…

Otherwise… welcome to the community of craptastic Dragons.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can’t report people for actually playing PvP in a PvP mode. (As much as I hate those guys who gank people in Obsidian Sanctum, for example.)

Likewise, if you’ve created your own custom arena, you’re well within your rights to kick/block people who you do not want on your server. If you’re just farming ranks or PvP achieves, put a password on your server and only give it out to friends and guildies.

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

I totally understand that custom arena can be used for whatever purpose the owner intended it for, but just as such, the rule set by the owner are subject to a broad set of conduct and regulation which the anet enforce on the general pvp populations.
if the owner is not there to enforce his/her rule on the server, then the server has been reverted back to a general server that is governed by the rule/custom of the pvp community in the broadest sense.
SO, SHAME ON YOU FOR Dishonoring the sacred battle that we as competitor are at least required to respect

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

You do know that it’s actually more worthwhile to play teamq games - even if you lose most of them - than it is to rank farm in a custom server?
And doing this you’ll also maybe actually, y’know, learn some PvP and not add to the pool of eejits with worthless dragon finishers.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match”
-Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct.

farmers should be banned.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We need more guilds like that.

PvP Police Department?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I’ve been reported many times while trolling those rank farmers, I even got banned from 1 of those server, luckly for me there are few others available where I can make those people mad XD.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

This!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hey guys,

It was all chill and fun until some pvp guild joined and literally destroyed everyone on the server.
They all joined blue and prevent red from capping any points, match ended 0-500.

Got everything on video.
Cause they just ruined my whole day would´ve ranked up to 40 finally, if these guys didn´t show up

Write ticket, add screenshots, and don’t forget to show one with server rules. Ask other peoples to do same thing. If you get enough people to write tickets, they will receive ban for griefing. There is nothing new in that, and pretty standard way to ban dumb people like them.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

witcher.3197

Hey guys,

Got everything on video.

Write ticket, add screenshots, and don’t forget to show one with server rules. Ask other peoples to do same thing. If you get enough people to write tickets, they will receive ban for griefing. There is nothing new in that, and pretty standard way to ban dumb people like them.

Are you.. seriously helping people who are violating the code of conduct to take action against players who are trying to prevent match manipulation? The community officially reached a new level.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Its insulting to break rules of the server. Like 1v1 servers and you go ahead and break up a duel because you can.
Rank farm servers are no different.

Those people that broke up your rank farm probably are elitism type of people, because they are high rank and don’t want anyone else to get high rank either.

If you have a full team, and you want to practice your team comp, any server is fine but 1v1 and rank farm servers that’s just asking for a ban.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Are you.. seriously helping people who are violating the code of conduct to take action against players who are trying to prevent match manipulation? The community officially reached a new level.

It was custom server (probably bought with IRL money) with custom rules. These guys joined, and started to ruining game process for everyone else. If it will be a custom duel server and same guild will join on it to grief, you will support this too?
I never farmed a single rank on such servers (btw its pretty uneffective way to farm ranks), I don’t like them, but I keep my opinions to myself. If someone want to do something on his custom server – it’s his server, his game and his fun. Griefing must be punished, and punished harshly.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

witcher.3197

It was custom server (probably bought with IRL money) with custom rules. These guys joined, and started to ruining game process for everyone else. If it will be a custom duel server and same guild will join on it to grief, you will support this too?
I never farmed a single rank on such servers (btw its pretty uneffective way to farm ranks), I don’t like them, but I keep my opinions to myself. If someone want to do something on his custom server – it’s his server, his game and his fun. Griefing must be punished, and punished harshly.

So if I buy a house I can do whatever I want there because it’s mine? No. There are rules who apply to everyone, and rank farming is a form of match manipulation which is supposed to be a reason of banning.

1v1 servers have their own rules but do not count as match manipulation, because the winner is not determined before the end of the match and nobody gains any form of reward there.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

There are rules who apply to everyone, and rank farming is a form of match manipulation which is supposed to be a reason of banning.

Mind to give us a quote from developers where they stating playing custom game types at custom servers as game manipulation? Or maybe same paragraph from game rules?

25 charracters

in PvP

witcher.3197

There are rules who apply to everyone, and rank farming is a form of match manipulation which is supposed to be a reason of banning.

Mind to give us a quote from developers where they stating playing custom game types at custom servers as game manipulation? Or maybe same paragraph from game rules?

“While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match "

Link

You are having a hard time understanding that I’m talking about match manipulation and not custom gamemodes. Unless we consider rank farming a gamemode..

in PvP

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Rank farming servers shouldn’t exist in the first place.
I always ignore those. I really have a hard time understanding howcome people enjoy it.
It’s not like there is any difference from beeing rank 1 and 80. Other than title/ap/finisher. That you get anyway by enjoying the game (more importantly LEARNING the game), in time ..

I’m only at rank 54 after 2 years of playing pvp from time to time, but I don’t see any reason to rush it.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Unless we consider rank farming a gamemode..

We are. It’s called custom for reason.

25 charracters

in PvP

witcher.3197

Unless we consider rank farming a gamemode..

We are. It’s called custom for reason.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

put. a . password. on. it.

oh wait you cant because it counts as a regulair server. with the same hotjoin rules. so stop crying and rank like you should.

Gemcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

put. a . password. on. it.

oh wait you cant because it counts as a regulair server. with the same hotjoin rules. so stop crying and rank like you should.

gerdian

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Too bad Anet think quite opposite and have nothing against those servers. And even le funneh pictures are not helping.

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

It is honestly faster to just do team queues/solo queues/hotjoin normally. This really only occurs in EU, NA doesn’t have these rank farm servers. I don’t understand why people would take turns capping points, instead of playing the game. Arena Net even buffed the rank point gain. Just play the game, instead of being a robot.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

witcher.3197

Too bad Anet think quite opposite and have nothing against those servers. And even le funneh pictures are not helping.

As you don’t seem to understand reasoning by word, I had to try a different approach.

Talking to you rapidly makes me lose faith in humanity so I’d like to end this here.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

As you don’t seem to understand reasoning by word, I had to try a different approach.

Talking to you rapidly makes me lose faith in humanity so I’d like to end this here.

Sure, bye. See you around when you’ll be writing angry posts about innocent pvpers banned for righteous resistance against dirty rank farmers.

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Lol… Why would anyone get banned for pvp’ing in a pvp arena? That’s plain absurd.

Like, seriously. What would the justification be?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

It’s not like there is any difference from beeing rank 1 and 80. Other than title/ap/finisher.

Ya, rank is pretty much meaningless, mine as well just hand out rank 80 to everyone so everyone can do dragon finishers and feel like they beat the game.

Since ya know, in GW1 if you had a dragon finisher, that pretty much meant you was good and that you officially beat the game.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

My last post here got infracted and removed so I’ll keep it brief.
I would have done the same. Sympathy does not come to rank farmers.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

Couldn’t agree more! I have no interest joining in rank farm servers. They’re slower than solo or team queue but if it’s important enough to them honestly I can’t see how it makes a difference. If it diminishes the perceived value of your dragon rank because other people have it that’s just sad. The games meant to have fun not annoy other players and attempt to waste their money.

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

+1 for this guild!
Rank you get with honor, not with farm.

Subdrop
SA Guardian