so 5 / 6 solo queues were 4v5

in PvP

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

How does this happen so consistently, and how am I so consistently on the team with 4 people?

in PvP

deapee.7516

I mean here we have people that WANT to play and are having an absolutely terrible time with the cards stacked up against them so often.

To be honest, I’d rather just do hot join…but we all know that hot join is like 500 to 50 9/10 times…And I’d prefer not to be on the losing OR the winning team of that matchup. So I’m forced into (at least) solo queue if I want to enjoy spvp.

in PvP

deapee.7516

6/7 were now 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Dude its part of all online games not much anyone can do apart have harsh penalties to ensure players play the match they qued to play. Anet has done that already, I myself had five 4v5 today and I also happen to dc in one of my matches. Its part of playing online games its more noticeable in gw2 due to fact there are 10 players in a match as oppose to 2v2 or 3v3, so there is high probability for there to be an afk or dc.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Or put in a ready button that works, that’s also an option.
Easily eliminate all 4v5s because of Accidental AFKs in soloque.
Those who don’t ready up get Dishonor.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Or put in a ready button that works, that’s also an option.
Easily eliminate all 4v5s because of Accidental AFKs in soloque.
Those who don’t ready up get Dishonor.

I agree…there are too many 4vs5 that occur from the start of the match and that is easily corrected but forcing players to hit the ready button before a match. If they don’t they are removed and match doesn’t start until it is even.

There isn’t much you can do as far as players disconnecting during a match so at least prevent those that happen out of the gate…

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Dude its part of all online games not much anyone can do apart have harsh penalties to ensure players play the match they qued to play. Anet has done that already, I myself had five 4v5 today and I also happen to dc in one of my matches. Its part of playing online games its more noticeable in gw2 due to fact there are 10 players in a match as oppose to 2v2 or 3v3, so there is high probability for there to be an afk or dc.

This is just a BS excuse for something that should be addressed.

There were 40 man raids in WoW 1.0 where people never DC’d with old internet routers/technology/etc for the entire march to Ragnaros.

Saying it’s unreasonable to expect 10 players to stay online for 10 minutes in 2014 is sheer folly.

This is a problem that was harvested by the poor job Anet has done with hotjoins. Hotjoins make it easy for players to quit, switch teams, and learn other poor habits.

The counter penalties to punish this behavior in ranked PvP are laughable.

You’re always going to have SOME kitten players who que when their internet connection isn’t reliable or rage quit, but everyone else shouldn’t suffer.

It’s totally corrupted PvP and made it unplayable. I tried to do 1 game last night just to see if things had changed and sure enough – 4v5.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

the amount of uneven matchups makes solo q not much better than hot join.

I´m way too often paired with clueless players and 4v5 happens too much also.

The solution would be to make rewards based on leaderboard, so people would actually give their best to win in order to stay on their reward level.

On the other hand the leaderboard doesn´t represent the current skill level of anyone accurately because your mates either carry you or drag you down, unfortunately for the top palyers you can only get dragged down by your mates.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

the amount of 4v5s is stupid.

If you would reward players for their rank they maybe would take this game mode more serious in order to stay on their reward level

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

As long as there is Skyhammer and Spirit Watch in soloq it is realy hard to take it srs.
And if you wanna rewards people would only play one game to stay on there ranks and get the trophy.
If you q at the wrong time u will be already kittened especially when u are like top100 cause most of the time u will be mixed with lower mmrs.

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

How many of the 4v5s were on Skyhammer/Spirit Watch?

I know people who will refuse to play those, and I’m getting close to that point myself

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Games should never start 4v5.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I think sometimes when players queue it take bit to long esp if you are higher ranked(top 100) I notice takes fair amount of time. Maybe an option for the players to enable some kinda of alarm(a loud one) to not notify them of a pending match. Most of the time I don’t think players are intentionally going afk they just didn’t realize a match was starting.

Also making rank mean something like giving them better rewards so players would taking things bit more seriously would help.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir