to Devs: Why change Building Momentum?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

So hello,

I main a warrior, but i’m all for nerfing healing signet, berserker stance, even endure pain, double endure pain.

But why Building Momentum, i don’t really get this one.

is it because axe sword, mace sword too strong? then nerf off hand sword? maybe?

i think by nerfing building momentum, more people will start playing hambow, or in another word, trait for bunker.

and in PvE this is pretty much the only thing that make warriors use their f1 skill. atleast from what i heard, since i dont pve much.

probably wrong section, can you move it to professional balance.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

The skill is currently bugged -> http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Building_Momentum

Ofc the fix will result in a nerf, but the current effect was never intended, and will hit every traitsetup which used it.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

The skill is currently bugged -> http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Building_Momentum

Ofc the fix will result in a nerf, but the current effect was never intended, and will hit every traitsetup which used it.

They have had tooltips wrong before and changed them to be what its been all along. At 15 it would be completely useless and every build complained about doesn’t even use the Strength tree.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

RIP in peace 2nd best warrior minor

in PvP

Simon.3794

daily bump up up up

in PvP

Simon.3794

i would really like to have a dev convince me on this subject.

in PvP

glaphen.5230

No one had any points in Strength line so no one cares to defend it.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It is being changed because it is OP

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

my favourite is actually Reckless Dodge, i regularly crit for 4k with dodge rolls XD

but i’d guess you were talking about Adrenal Healing for the best?

in PvP

Simon.3794

my favourite is actually Reckless Dodge, i regularly crit for 4k with dodge rolls XD

but i’d guess you were talking about Adrenal Healing for the best?

no, Fast Hand.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Isn’t 15 still a quarter of your total endurance? =\

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Simon.3794

they are making it 15% of the endurance.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

they are making it 15% of the endurance.

Welp that’s a lot less than 50%

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Yeah it’s a huge nerf to dps warriors (with no effect on hambow, condi, and bunker).

Take this how you want, but dem the facts

It was probably done because dps warrior can get an extra roll from an energy sigil after the patch, and dodging is what makes that build strong and able to pressure a point.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Yeah it’s a huge nerf to dps warriors (with no effect on hambow, condi, and bunker).

It was probably done because dps warrior can get an extra roll from an energy sigil after the patch, and dodging is what makes that build strong and able to pressure a point.

Actually it is a bug fix targeted exactly at condi warrior because it is part of that build. With this trait and the blocks a condi warrior is able to block and/or dodge incredibly often. So your facts are wrong

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Actually it is a bug fix targeted exactly at condi warrior because it is part of that build. With this trait and the blocks a condi warrior is able to block and/or dodge incredibly often. So your facts are wrong

What the hell are condition Warriors doing in Strength, its a line for people using Physical utilities and PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

What the hell are condition Warriors doing in Strength, its a line for people using Physical utilities and PvE.

For the confusion on interrupt trait and the condi duration I guess.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

Thanks for clearing me up on my facts bro

Oh wait no I’m still right lol

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Which means they are taking Physical skills instead of Shouts or Stances.

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

No. They take 3 stances and then run mace/sword and longbow. I really don’t want anyone else to run this build because it is arguably the lamest of all and can just one shot you if you make 1 error and aren’t on max health.

They get confusion from the mace with the 2 interrupts on there, which both has low cooldowns.

I know this build very well because I have done hundreds of duels against someone running this build and I know how OP it is. So when people say the building momenteum nerf is nothing to do with them I have to correct anyone who says this because otherwise the devs might believe these people.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

If you don’t know the meta condi warrior build don’t defend it.

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

How have you twisted “this is a big nerf to zerker warrior” to “don’t defend condi warriors”.

It is. Luckily anyone who plays warrior knows this so this debate is pointless.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Simon.3794

That’s not a meta condition build, because it’s only good in dueling.
and not as good comparing to same spec carrion hybrid hambow(m/s is also hybrid carrion) when dueling against certain specs.
and warrior condition build was never the meta, since it is pretty useless in team comp compare to other condition specs, if you want a more faceroll condition war spec, there is dual sword which has everything except confusion and CC, but with insane bleed up time, mobility and burst damage. why should all zerker war builds take huge nerf, just because one build is good in dueling yet not op. like i also said in the OP, if you REALLY want to nerf that spec, nerf sword offhand(which posted before they announced the sword 4 change, so gg) , not to mention they are already nerfing longbow.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in PvP

glaphen.5230

No. They take 3 stances and then run mace/sword and longbow. I really don’t want anyone else to run this build because it is arguably the lamest of all and can just one shot you if you make 1 error and aren’t on max health.

They get confusion from the mace with the 2 interrupts on there, which both has low cooldowns.

I know this build very well because I have done hundreds of duels against someone running this build and I know how OP it is. So when people say the building momenteum nerf is nothing to do with them I have to correct anyone who says this because otherwise the devs might believe these people.

I have also seen this build and laugh that they are using such a worthless build over main hand sword with Shouts.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I’m pretty sad actually; GS/LB power build is just getting wrecked this patch in so many ways.

in PvP

Posted by: Knaha.5193

Knaha.5193

where can I see the exact changes to classes?

(edited by Knaha.5193)