"we're losing so i'll sit in spawn"

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

no really. this is seriously just as bad, if not worse, than being afk or leaving. if you dont want to waste your time, then why queue up at all?

since there is no report afk feature of any sort implemented yet, what would be an appropriate report for these and afkers? scamming maybe? botting?

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

“why queue up at all?”
Errr… is that a serious question?

They queue up because they either;
1. Want to play PvP for enjoyment, if they are getting facerolled it’s not so fun.
2. Quite simply want to win, if they aren’t going to. Then maybe they would rather afk the rest and post on forums (or plenty of other possibilities).

I’m not going to blame anyone for akitteng a game they are getting absolutely hammered.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Well, they can’t leave anymore. If they leave a losing game they get punished for it now.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Well, they can’t leave anymore. If they leave a losing game they get punished for it now.

Agree Akitteng in a match should be punished just the same as Alt+F4. Maybe a warning for inactivity or something. Its difficult to figure out how to address this because then people will just run around the map and give the other team free kills.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

Agree Akitteng in a match should be punished just the same as Alt+F4. Maybe a warning for inactivity or something. Its difficult to figure out how to address this because then people will just run around the map and give the other team free kills.

I agree, as long as you add a /surrender command,

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

It’s a symptom more than a problem – fix matchmaking and add incentives to playing pvp to get the playerbase growing and these sorts of things sort themselves out no? You probably can’t ever completely eliminate this sort of thing when you have strangers playing on teams together but addressing some of the core problems that give people reasons to do this sort of thing is a good start at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Korvus.5740

Korvus.5740

Can’t they just add a voting system which allows a badly losing team to concede the match. I’ve noticed this happening a few times, usually when the opposing team is just dominating and all that happens is everyone just breaks apart and gets themselves killed with no coordination.

in PvP

Daecollo.9578

If people could leave matches they would leave, now that they can’t they just sit there.

You caused the problem yourselves by wanting such an option.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Lol lots of games face this same and similar issues.

Played a moba the other day that does have report functions, dishonor and the like, guy sat in base upset that he kept dying like a moron about how we can’t win when Im fed to hell won that game without him. He sat there telling everyone to give up because he wanted to leave (but wouldn’t because he was afraid of leave punishment).

I get it’s all annoying and a report function might help but Anet aren’t psychiatrists they aren’t going to be able to prevent the character of every individual from messing with others.
At some level people gonna have to face that even if a report function is made, they’re still going to see horse kitten happen. You’ll be able to report it but well it’s still going to happen. It happened All.The. Blinking. Time. In Random Arenas. Can see it every day in some other games I circle.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yeah that’s what you do because you don’t want them to farm you, its better to just sit in spawn area and not give them rank points.

It’s not there fault, its GW2 matchmaking system fault

in PvP

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

yea… so OP.. u really continue a game.. when ur loosing.. 58 to411. yea.. i just sit there.. pretty much ur team is useless.. and isnt even capturing or trying to capture points.. why even let the other team.. slaughter you even more.. its a pointless game -_- ive sat out a few times.. more times than not because my team have absolutely no idea how tpvp works. at all.. i cant blame them maybe they are new but still.. if i see there is no hope. and a score like that is verry much no hope. ima just sit there eithier dead. or just in spawn.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I dont kitten ing understand why there is no report function for: “Negative Attitude / AFK”

What are we supposed to report these guys for? They aren’t insulting, they aren’t scamming, they aren’t botting, they don’t have an impropriate name, what the hell are we supposed to do, huh ?

They aren’t getting dishonorable either.

All in all, it’s just a pathetic report system, designed for PvE.

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: Draedark.8193

Draedark.8193

Inappropriate behavior?

Crystal Desert
Two Soul/Bane Midge – Ranger, Prison Riot – Thief, Effing Effer – Guardian
Feel free to contact me for info on the eSPT tPvP guild!

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Fun fact, if they implement an anti-AFK system that punishes you for not doing anything for 2 minutes, people will do nothing for 1 minute and a half, tab to the game, move an inch, and back to the forums .

You can’t force people to play a match, well you can, with really harsh kitten, like if u get reported for not playing u cant play in a month, but u really want that, in a game ? :P

Just let the team surrender (and then u will see people complaining that they can’t stomp the enemy team since they surrendered ).

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

eh. all id like to really see is something that if someone leaves, a replacement can be found. even if its just a disconnect because their comp died or ISP decided to shut off their connection for torrenting too much or something.

along with this, a better report system, for reporting afks or griefers.

thugged out since cubscouts

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Matches shouldnt even start in the first place if the 10 players don’t show up. It’s just ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

fix matches like this, and there’s will be less of that.

that had plenty of these tonight. time to get away from this game once again.

Attachments:

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

aha! screenshots of my name and trash talk! .. that’s gotta be defamation of character right?.. right?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

just add /resign all will be fine, or more game mode

in PvP

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

fix matches like this, and there’s will be less of that.

that had plenty of these tonight. time to get away from this game once again.

I hit my breaking point with this 5v4 issue tonight, 8/11 games were 5v4 , all 8 times I was on the side with 4, nothing like watching your W/L record tank to the ground because ANet refuses to acknowledge this problem. Its been getting worse as the weeks go on. I am ok with losing, its all part of the learning process but when you are thrown in at a massive disadvantage, there is no learning process, there is no fun, just a very crappy pvp game. Good luck all I played my last pvp game tonight, hopefully soon Anet will take a break from catering its pvp to the 10 players at Pax and focus on the actual player base, you know the ones who actually pay to play, buy gems, etc and fix all these game breaking bugs and imbalances and make pvp fun again.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Tons of 4v5’s going on, fairly disheartening.
Can’t change people but….
They should change the que system to have an “Accept” before the teams are actually made.
Everyone knows Que times can sometimes be lengthy or something can happen in between that que time. Should ask players if they’re still ready once you find enough players. If they aren’t ready or press nothing throw them out of the selection and then make the teams out of those who said they were ready.
If there is a remainder left just throw them back into the que.
Could at least reduce the amount of players who come in afk from the start.or who logged out awhile ago.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

It’s a symptom more than a problem – fix matchmaking and add incentives to playing pvp to get the playerbase growing and these sorts of things sort themselves out no? You probably can’t ever completely eliminate this sort of thing when you have strangers playing on teams together but addressing some of the core problems that give people reasons to do this sort of thing is a good start at least.

this is like: don’t judge people killing other people, judge the industrie for manufacturing guns and knifes.

why not judging people for missbehavior?

i report every single player for afk as scammer – cause it is, as you scam on your whole team – and keep believing it has some effect

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Matches shouldnt even start in the first place if the 10 players don’t show up. It’s just ridiculous.

This ^^

I only sit at base when either
a) we have more players than the opposing team —> so in order to keep it fair
b) they have more players than us and use them all (can’t blame them for it, although it’s not sportsmanlike) —> I won’t let myself be ganked or spawncamped

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in PvP

Posted by: FlamingForce.6389

FlamingForce.6389

We need a surrender option.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

this is like: don’t judge people killing other people, judge the industrie for manufacturing guns and knifes.

i report every single player for afk as scammer – cause it is, as you scam on your whole team – and keep believing it has some effect

ahh well trust me reporting them as a scammer does nothing without proof of scamming.. lmao.. so its pretty much a waste of ur time.. all u can do is pretty much block them. thats IT! cant punish people for akitteng in a game since anet made the dishoner debuff now instead of leaving they afk.. you guys asked for this and look what ya got ? so untill they implement another way to leave the game.. or atleast kick that afk person and get a new person then.. yea its pretty much useless. idk how many times ive reported some 1 and got reported.. for dumb crap and yet.. nothing was done lmao.

in PvP

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

well….if i have to be fair….nothing like it.
I personly dont do that sort of comments, since they will end up incorrect aswell.
Pretty sure that you can see that if they made ideas like the accept one, or the report for PvP instead of the pve orintered once or atleast a buff that removes him from a game for 1 hour….then the leaves etc would be cut down alot, not saying it will be gone…..but cut down

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

The only way i can see anything like this working is a voting system, if ur own team votes u, u get a “U can’t play for an hour” or something like that. Even then i don’t think it will work much…

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

If it’s already lost then I also sit at spawn. Especially if it’s boring and the team is like “4 enemies are attacking 1 of our guys and take a long time to kill him before they can take the point and our 4 other guys are not capping the other points for some reason when there should be only 1 enemy left to stop them”.

Depends on the situation. Sometimes you can still win if it’s 150 vs. 350… but that’s rare… and usually you don’t want to play anymore in such cases. Often you already get leaver(now less because of the debuff) and if 1 other person already stops playing then it only makes sense to join instead of doing 4 vs. 5 trying to win what’s already lost.