01-18 Devona's Rest / Kaineng / Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

If you don’t hit a wall i think kain will rise to tier 2. I was amazed how many underleveled folks you had, we were looking for guild tags to see if it was going to be a good fight or not. There were roaving groups of CO you had to watch out for.. and groups of up arrows you could crush under your boots. Wild first day.

You’ll find ehmry doesn’t give up though.

Hard to tell where Kaineng is going to end up – we’re (still) seeing a huge influx of transfers with the whole paid transfer thing coming about. I guess the next month or two will shake everything out and hopefully stabilize the WvW community as a whole somewhat.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

camping spawns and laughing at you with 15+ waiting outside.

Classy Kain. Bandwagons ftw…

Logged on today for a bit to see what I could find.

Immediately I saw a spawn camp in Eternal by Kain with a PPT of like 600 or something stupid like that.

So I watch for a bit and decided it was time to test the waters and see how good Kain’s players are!!!!!!!

They suck.

Typical zerg players here…..tho I did fight a WM warrior who put up a pretty good fight. The WM commander I faced was horrible tho

Shout out to the lone Kain thief who was nice enough to hang w/ a solo Ebay thief…..still waiting on me gold tho

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The players that resort to spawn camping generally suck.

This is true now, this was true when Devonas Rest was spawncamping Kaineng for weeks on end. This was true when NSP was taking turns with Borlis Pass to spawn camp Kaineng every other week. This was true when Fergusons Crossing was spawn camping Kaineng as well.

Though I must say I’m highly tempted to build a wall of ballista’s at DR’s spawn…
you know, shoe – other foot.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

camping spawns and laughing at you with 15+ waiting outside.

Classy Kain. Bandwagons ftw…

Logged on today for a bit to see what I could find.

Immediately I saw a spawn camp in Eternal by Kain with a PPT of like 600 or something stupid like that.

So I watch for a bit and decided it was time to test the waters and see how good Kain’s players are!!!!!!!

They suck.

Typical zerg players here…..tho I did fight a WM warrior who put up a pretty good fight. The WM commander I faced was horrible tho

Shout out to the lone Kain thief who was nice enough to hang w/ a solo Ebay thief…..still waiting on me gold tho

Spawn camping is dumb, hands down, couldn’t agree more. Wish we didn’t have people that feel the need to do that, it ruins the week for everyone.

Entire server generalizations are just as bad, though. I’ll leave it at that, since we’ve seen some form of the “all of Kaineng are stupid zerglings” posts in every tier matchup. I can definitively say you’re wrong – I am very frequently running solo or with a single friend or two. I scout, I call out where you are, and then the monster zergs that everyone complains about come through and crushes everything. I’m not the only scout, either – our mapchat is generally full of folks calling status on stuff, at least in my experience. Working as intended.

I just wish the spawn-camping would stop. Kaineng commanders? How ’bout it?

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Problem is I have an intense urge to camp DR. Must not give innnn….

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Here comes honesty. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry.

Kaineng “zergs” have been the easiest to handle in terms of just straight up killing. That goes all the way back to T8 and judging from last night, nothing has changed there. There are just more zerglings to deal with.

Maguuma “zergs” have been the hardest to handle since they have some leaders and scouts that people actually listen to, are on voice together, and act cohesively.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

I dont understand the spawn camp thing – i dont do it personally. We complain we are bored and want a fight but then try and stop the other server coming out to play.

The other side of that is – each spawn area has 3 exits. Ive never seen a camp with all 3 exits covered yet. But most people will continue to run straight out the front door and into the seige.

If your being spawn camped – use another exit and take the supply camps while the enemy manpower is toying around outside your base.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Kaineng “zergs” have been the easiest to handle in terms of just straight up killing. That goes all the way back to T8 and judging from last night, nothing has changed there. There are just more zerglings to deal with.

Maguuma “zergs” have been the hardest to handle since they have some leaders and scouts that people actually listen to, are on voice together, and act cohesively.

Good luck AD, kick some kitten

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

I never mind honesty. LOL And yep, we have growing and learning to do, that’s for sure. It IS happening – siege is going up faster, people are responding more quickly, etc. We’re getting better. Does that mean we’re ready for T1? Absolutely not. But with what we have now, can we train/develop into a high-tier threat? I think that’s possible as well. Bottom line, we’ll see. It’s been a helluva ride so far.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: dEjAhVu.4526

dEjAhVu.4526

Shout out to DR and EB. Thanks for the fun fights in DRBL on reset. Keep up the fights!

To the EB guy who is complaining about Kaineng dancing on your corpse. News to you, every server has it. Grow a pair and get over it. Next time rather than throwing a blind complaint out give us a guild tag so maybe we can actually do something about it. (Personally I don’t get offended, why waste your energy??)

I love server transfers. I welcome ANYONE who wants to help the Kaineng communtiy evolve. If you are a server thats been hit hard with people transfering out rather than complaining about our server growing take a good long look at your community. I’m sure its not picture perfect like you might think it is. Rather than spending time complaining here about our transfers, spend that time and work on building your own community.

On another note, if your guild is here to only win and will leave at the hint of losing first place. Just leave now. Because its going to get tough the more we move up.

Cheers!

Drax Voogd Guardian
Drax Maus Necromancer
Server – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Kaineng is down to +625. I imagine many of them will quit now.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

There was nothing honest there, straight up opinion. And as for the spawn campers, most of us wouldn’t do it. We can’t control everyone :P

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Kaineng is down to +625. I imagine many of them will quit now.

LOL! That last 70 must have fallen out of someone’s pockets somewhere.

DR sure had a lot of people in our BL last evening, for the hour I was there anyway. I was spiked by DR for the first time ever, since I wasn’t around when they were in T8. I got a couple of you though

It took quite a while to get in due to the cues, when I tried to come back a couple of hours later, there was an even longer line to wait in it seemed. I gave up and called it an early night. I see the score this morning though and I am somewhat surprised. Looks like T4 next week if this keeps up.

Enjoy the week everyone!

TC

in WvW

Oozo.7856

There was nothing honest there, straight up opinion. And as for the spawn campers, most of us wouldn’t do it. We can’t control everyone :P

Me saying that Kaineng zergs have been the easiest for us to handle is a statement of fact. I did not say that Kaineng zergs are the worst in the game. That would have been an opinion.

To summarize:

Me: Our favorite color is blue.
You: That’s not honest, that’s just an opinion!

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

Does Oozo follow us from match up thread to match up thread…or is it just me? Perhaps there are several Oozos.

I agree on the spawn camping. It’s a waste of time and resources and not at all interesting. I hope all of our Commanders eventually frown on it, but then every server does it.

TC

in WvW

ghtchill.7613

Hi RE guild from Darkhaven, o wait werent you guys Dragonbrand a few weeks ago? so now you guys joined Kaineng? let me guess, u all forgot the feeling of winning and T3 was too hard so you all decided to drop down to T8 and go easy mode?

Let me say this, Kaineng is going to hit a wall up there and only guilds like SOS will stay when it starts falling. Definitely not server jumping guilds like RE. Who knows, Darkhaven might be on T8 by that time..

SOS = Kaineng guild. RE = coat tail riders.

I could be wrong, someone please correct me if I am, but I beleive RE joined us back in T8…granted that was less than a month ago

TC

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Score update please.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Does Oozo follow us from match up thread to match up thread…or is it just me? Perhaps there are several Oozos.

I agree on the spawn camping. It’s a waste of time and resources and not at all interesting. I hope all of our Commanders eventually frown on it, but then every server does it.

It’s just you, heh. I have never dropped into a matchup thread to “stalk” Kaineng.

And, if you are talking about this matchup thread. Well, we are on DR… durr.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

By “honest”, he clearly meant his honest view of what he saw. What is so hard to grasp about that?

And for the record, I pretty much agree with him, although I would qualify things just a bit. I played for seven hours straight last night and what I saw were mostly HUGE [WM] zergs that rarely even bothered to place defensive siege in places they capped. They often didn’t even order upgrades for the structure either, even though they typically controlled nearby camps as well. I will say that they were tremendously disciplined and focused, and they truly played like one entity, but whenever we were able to isolate smaller and equal numbers of them they died quickly. I often couldn’t figure out any particular strategy to what they decided to hit at any particular moment, and any time we were able to hold them off at a tower more than a few minutes they left. It was simply the most opportunistic style of play I’ve seen thus far in WvW. Our general impression all night long was that with equal numbers Mag would wipe them out.

On the other hand, there were some small and medium sized groups of non-[WM] Kaineng running around that were pretty tough and seemed to play with broader tactics. I came across one such group just outside of Mendons that included some [RE] that impressed me as being solid. If [WM] ever learns anything from you guys Kaineng overall could be pretty impressive, but [WM] has been around quite a while and I’m not seeing any evidence that they embrace anything except the zerg. I never even saw any [WM] outside of their own zergs … not in Kaineng’s other groups and not even in small teams of [WM].

And yes, that is all simply my opinion, but I am being honest about it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

By “honest”, he clearly meant his honest view of what he saw. What is so hard to grasp about that?

And for the record, I pretty much agree with him, although I would qualify things just a bit. I played for seven hours straight last night and what I saw were mostly HUGE [WM] zergs that rarely even bothered to place defensive siege in places they capped. They often didn’t even order upgrades for the structure either, even though they typically controlled nearby camps as well. I will say that they were tremendously disciplined and focused, and they truly played like one entity, but whenever we were able to isolate smaller and equal numbers of them they died quickly. I often couldn’t figure out any particular strategy to what they decided to hit at any particular moment, and any time we were able to hold them off at a tower more than a few minutes they left. It was simply the most opportunistic style of play I’ve seen thus far in WvW. Our general impression all night long was that with equal numbers Mag would wipe them out.

On the other hand, there were some small and medium sized groups of non-[WM] Kaineng running around that were pretty tough and seemed to play with broader tactics. I came across one such group just outside of Mendons that included some [RE] that impressed me as being solid. If [WM] ever learns anything from you guys Kaineng overall could be pretty impressive, but [WM] has been around quite a while and I’m not seeing any evidence that they embrace anything except the zerg. I never even saw any [WM] outside of their own zergs … not in Kaineng’s other groups and not even in small teams of [WM].

And yes, that is all simply my opinion, but I am being honest about it.

What you observed is probably true. WM has particular strategies that you need to be there to understand (even then it takes time – but they are effective).

First – they aleays play the “server morale” game. Winning is the long term is largely dependent on how many PuGs will come and follow you – I was one of these PuGs. I remember in a highly competitive map, Jang called us and went to the NW door of an enemy controlled Bay. There they attacked the door a few times then we stood on the stairs, killing the waves or reinforcements coming from the enemy garison and citadel. For about 20 minutes. Someone asked him “why are we doing this ?” – " To break their morale".

There is little point in fortifying/upgrading when you have a 600+ lead. You want the opponent to take their towers/keeps – gives you (and the pug zerg) something to do. I you fortify everything and the opponent cant take anything – your own PuGs will become bored and lose morale or start JP/spawn camping. You need to feed them kills and badges – so you need an opponent. I can assure you that in highly contested maps they were building everything – it made sense.

Also – they have the “move like a ball – leave no tail” strategy – a very fast moving zerg group (better have plenty of speed buffs if you want to keep up) hitting targets of various importance (camps, towers, even sentries) – in an apparently random manner. If you can’t take a tower in 5 minutes – move along. All this to break the enemy’s morale.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkhaus.4301

Junkhaus.4301

But instead of crying cause you gained a bunch or guilds and we lost a bunch of guilds. I wanted to say good job. What ever you did it has worked. And I hope that if you hit a brick wall like we did you don’t see fallout. And maybe you wont with free transfers getting removed.

Honestly? What we “Did” was be very welcoming. XD Can’t really think of anything else…It started by being last place but winning T8, which attracted us attention. Then as we went through each Tier Guilds would join us after we defeated their Server. I think a lot of that was the atmosphere we would often give on the forums…We were very humble and understanding of their strengths and would near always offer compliments. The “Fight Clubs” each week undoubtedly helped attract eyes to us as well. I have very little doubt we have “Fairweather” Players on the Server…But a lot of folks may well be surprised how many “Serious” Guilds have come here and asked questions…they liked what they heard and only then did their Guild come over.

WP is on Kaineng, we are still in the process of getting everyone over. We’re still adjusting and rebuilding the guild’s upgrades, we’ll be starting to reach out to both the original Kaineng guilds and get to know the fellow newcomers as well. I have nothing but respect for Chaster’s SoS, they are one of the main reasons why we’ve voted for Kaineng as our permanent home (SoS is our Xiongdimen n___n). Also we have a close bond with Kaineng, because of our server histories.

I am still on Jade Quarry, which didn’t end up getting the votes, so I’ll be waiting until next Tuesday to be joining the rest of my guild on Kaineng. Guildmembers who’ve been scattered across multiple servers are reuniting on this server. We were a DR guild since the beginning as a small real-life friends-only guild (the guild name was an inside joke).

There was some drama inside the guild that came from outside influences, a lot of our friends from other guilds had already left DR or stopped playing GW2. Many arguments were had over staying or transferring, but since we’ve been reunited on Kaineng we’ve all agreed that we haven’t had this much enthusiasm since the old days of T8. Everyone in the guild is having a great time on Kaineng, both WvW and PVE. We were actually hoping it would be BP in this matchup instead of DR… although I’m hearing a lot of chatter in Teamspeak about a manhunt going on for Sir Morningstar in his native habitat, EB.

Lacedæmon, Ädrasteia -Warriors
[OBEY]
Kaineng

in WvW

Cactus.2710

]

What you observed is probably true. WM has particular strategies that you need to be there to understand (even then it takes time – but they are effective).

First – they always play the “server morale” game. Winning is the long term is largely dependent on how many PuGs will come and follow you – I was one of these PuGs. I remember in a highly competitive map, Jang called us and went to the NW door of an enemy controlled Bay. There they attacked the door a few times then we stood on the stairs, killing the waves or reinforcements coming from the enemy garison and citadel. For about 20 minutes. Someone asked him “why are we doing this ?” – " To break their morale".

There is little point in fortifying/upgrading when you have a 600+ lead. You want the opponent to take their towers/keeps – gives you (and the pug zerg) something to do. I you fortify everything and the opponent cant take anything – your own PuGs will become bored and lose morale or start JP/spawn camping. You need to feed them kills and badges – so you need an opponent. I can assure you that in highly contested maps they were building everything – it made sense.

Also – they have the “move like a ball – leave no tail” strategy – a very fast moving zerg group (better have plenty of speed buffs if you want to keep up) hitting targets of various importance (camps, towers, even sentries) – in an apparently random manner. If you can’t take a tower in 5 minutes – move along. All this to break the enemy’s morale.

Granted. We even discussed those exact same things in chat when we were analyzing [WM]‘s tactics. It still comes down to a total reliance on overpowering numbers, though. Swarm like gnats to take an objective, and try to reduce the enemy’s numbers by demoralizing the casual players. I’m not saying that it isn’t an effective way to score points, but it is a good way to take all the fun out of the game for everyone, Kaineng included. Just read all the other forum threads here where everyone else is hoping for balanced matches (often even if it means being in a lower tier) so that they can pit their strategies and tactics against each other instead of just raw numbers. Even the winners hate blowouts.

I was sorry to see Mag leave … I won’t be sorry at all to see Kaineng go.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

That’s sad that Ebay has to resort to flying mesmers to take stuff back. It totally ruins the wvw experience.

All servers have reports of exploiters… not really fair to characterize EBay as a server because someone posted screenies of a potential hacker.

Also, you can’t cap spawn, so I don’t think that taking stuff back was the goal.

“SHE’S BACK!!! RUN!” LMAO

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

Literally took me a good 10 seconds wondering why Ebay was the server and not the online marketplace to realize how stupid I am.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

That’s sad that Ebay has to resort to flying mesmers to take stuff back. It totally ruins the wvw experience.

All servers have reports of exploiters… not really fair to characterize EBay as a server because someone posted screenies of a potential hacker.

Also, you can’t cap spawn, so I don’t think that taking stuff back was the goal.

“SHE’S BACK!!! RUN!” LMAO

It’s not, they took 2 towers magically with 8 people killing at the claim spot just recently. This is with 2 people as lookouts on gate. It wasn’t a breakout either. It’s no longer a potential hacker, it is one.

In the first instance where the screenshot provided that got deleted showed that the Ebay player used a hack to get in and is pretty much wanting to get banned. There’s no way someone gets in spawn point that far and not get shot by the legendary.

Not that it matters, Kaineng took the two towers back in 30 minutes, but still.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

HRALP!!!wwwwaaassssssssMESMAR IZ BACK
EVRYON RUN 2 TOWERRR

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

Ehmry Bay has been in matches where we dominated the entire map and while that’s great for map completion it does suck for everything else.

The real party to blame here is ArenaNet for creating stupid game mechanics that result in such matches. The breakout events are nothing but a bandaid on a severed artery.

Paid transfers won’t fix anything. Working adults will just pay the money, $20 is an inconsequential amount to someone who has a decent job, and kids with nothing but time on their hand have the gold to just buy the gems to transfer. All paid transfers will do is put money into Anet’s pocket, but it won’t stop server migrations.

So when Kaineng hits the wall in T3 (or maybe even T4 already), where 24/7 coverage matters, and winning will no longer be easy, people will leave the server just like before and just like happens with basically any other server out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

This is why Anet needs to reset Wv3. Stuff like what all these servers have had to deal with for the past month or whenever it was since WM decided to go to Kain.

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

AHAHAHA So much complaints about our transfers we got. Listen here, we LOST quite a few LARGE wvw guilds in Kain back when DR outnumbered us incredibly! So please shove it with the transfers. Also we didn’t get those transfers until AFTER we fought DR so hard and got out of T8 once they left us. Seriously, its like people forget that we fought so hard against DR’s numbers and kept loosing guilds because of the match up but we kept going. As I remember we never looked over the fact we clearly outnumbered our matchups. We always gave recognition to everyone we faced and didn’t boast about out winnings like others. Kain is still one of the lower populated servers, just so happens most of us love WvW. hehehe Anyway I guess Kain we better get use to hearing this BS about we suck, our zergs are easy, we only win due to the transfers blahblahblah…all we can do is continue to work hard and move up and learn in the process!! Let’s keep fighting Kain!!! We have grown so much already!!!!

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

]

First – they always play the “server morale” game. Winning is the long term is largely dependent on how many PuGs will come and follow you – I was one of these PuGs. I remember in a highly competitive map, Jang called us and went to the NW door of an enemy controlled Bay. There they attacked the door a few times then we stood on the stairs, killing the waves or reinforcements coming from the enemy garison and citadel. For about 20 minutes. Someone asked him “why are we doing this ?” – " To break their morale".

Granted. We even discussed those exact same things in chat when we were analyzing [WM]‘s tactics. It still comes down to a total reliance on overpowering numbers, though. Swarm like gnats to take an objective, and try to reduce the enemy’s numbers by demoralizing the casual players. I’m not saying that it isn’t an effective way to score points, but it is a good way to take all the fun out of the game for everyone, Kaineng included. Just read all the other forum threads here where everyone else is hoping for balanced matches (often even if it means being in a lower tier) so that they can pit their strategies and tactics against each other instead of just raw numbers. Even the winners hate blowouts.

I was sorry to see Mag leave … I won’t be sorry at all to see Kaineng go.

They are using tactics for T1-2 matchups. When you have strong coordinated zegs + several coordinated havoc squads + scouts and spies from all servers on all maps. They are not relying on overwhelming numbers – they have overwhelming numbers and have to use them.

WM has fought outmanned battles may times in T1 with significant success, starting in the HoD / TA days. The “Ball” strategy is actually to be used against opponents stronger in numbers then you.

Granted that it is annoying right now when you get that amount of PvDoor and they hate PvDoor as much as you do. I still don’t really understand why they did that move down. My guess is they had a lot of people in WM dropping from GW2 and this was their way to keep them with a minimal interest until the February update – but do not think they are happy with the current situation.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

RE were in Kaineng in t8, it was here or DB my recommendation. I put my name in here, because DB are already queued and doing well. Besides I owe them a battle. To clear the air, the week before we transferred, RE had scouts out to EVERY server that we considered going to … scouting kinda works out that way, no? We split, scouted, voted and decision was Kaineng. Been here since Christmas when fighting Ferg’s in t8 … some of us we’re still on ferg’s and we got a few RE v RE battles

Anyways back on topic, DR & EB… I have enjoyed quite a few battles so far. I’m happy to see many battles ongoing throughout the night.

DR BL …. I’d like to send a special shout out to a pair of thieves on EB (asuran & human). You guys are great, god your stealth is absolutely frustrating, but you are both great players. You were taking down yak’s and I got a few tussles with ya. Really enjoyed them, the asuran got me more than once, but not much I can do to the stealth mechanic … but you guys were fun. Hope you see this.

PRO … where the hell did you go? I was hoping to battle some of you last night. I hear you moved to DB =)

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Cactus.2710

AHAHAHA So much complaints about our transfers we got. Listen here, we LOST quite a few LARGE wvw guilds in Kain back when DR outnumbered us incredibly! So please shove it with the transfers. Also we didn’t get those transfers until AFTER we fought DR so hard and got out of T8 once they left us. Seriously, its like people forget that we fought so hard against DR’s numbers and kept loosing guilds because of the match up but we kept going. As I remember we never looked over the fact we clearly outnumbered our matchups. We always gave recognition to everyone we faced and didn’t boast about out winnings like others. Kain is still one of the lower populated servers, just so happens most of us love WvW. hehehe Anyway I guess Kain we better get use to hearing this BS about we suck, our zergs are easy, we only win due to the transfers blahblahblah…all we can do is continue to work hard and move up and learn in the process!! Let’s keep fighting Kain!!! We have grown so much already!!!!

Now that’s a real laugh. Even though you were significantly outmanned back when DR had numbers on you, we respected Kain as an opponent. You guys fought hard and mostly fought smart. I still came up against a few of those types last night, but mostly I just came up against raw and not very proficient numbers. I didn’t see anybody in those massive zergs having to “work hard” for anything.

I’m in no way trying to blame you for the numbers you are able to field. That’s ANet’s problem to fix. But the only way you “have grown so much already” is in numbers, pure and simple. For you to expect respect for anything more than that brings tears of mirth to my eyes. In all other aspects of WvW play you are a lesser server than when we faced you all those weeks. Your tactics are worse and your efforts are less. You are also now totally dependent upon one guild … a guild whose players (at least as far as I could tell last night) don’t even run with any of your other commanders even though [WM] has tons to spare. How sad is that?

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Hexin.5603

I’m in no way trying to blame you for the numbers you are able to field. That’s ANet’s problem to fix. But the only way you “have grown so much already” is in numbers, pure and simple. For you to expect respect for anything more than that brings tears of mirth to my eyes. In all other aspects of WvW play you are a lesser server than when we faced you all those weeks. Your tactics are worse and your efforts are less. You are also now totally dependent upon one guild … a guild whose players (at least as far as I could tell last night) don’t even run with any of your other commanders even though [WM] has tons to spare. How sad is that?

Where were you fighting? I’m happy to clear the misconceptions or assumptions you make regarding commander assignments and such. Also may help to understand your active time of play? Happy to help clarify before you and other just talk without fact basis.

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowSoljer.6524

ShadowSoljer.6524

Now that’s a real laugh. Even though you were significantly outmanned back when DR had numbers on you, we respected Kain as an opponent. You guys fought hard and mostly fought smart. I still came up against a few of those types last night, but mostly I just came up against raw and not very proficient numbers. I didn’t see anybody in those massive zergs having to “work hard” for anything.

You played for a couple hours last night and managed to figure out how all the guilds on all the borderlands play? You must be a genius. That’s real talent folks, this guy should be a leader of whatever country he is from. I’m guessing you only played in Eternal BG since you talked about WM. Did you try any other borderlands? We have guilds assigned to each borderland, guilds you certainly didn’t fight.

I’m tired of all these whiners week after week giving full credit to WM. Yes they are good, but they aren’t doing it by themselves. They have full presence in Eternal and a smaller presence on one of the other borderlands at reset, after that, since we owned everything in 8 hours, everyone just goes to where help is needed. So you saw one tiny part of what the server can do, yet you make such a bs statement like that. Now that is something to laugh about, something to bring “tears of mirth” to my eyes. You got outplayed and outmanned. Enjoy the ride back down to t8.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

They are using tactics for T1-2 matchups. When you have strong coordinated zegs + several coordinated havoc squads + scouts and spies from all servers on all maps. They are not relying on overwhelming numbers – they have overwhelming numbers and have to use them.

That would be easier for me to believe if I saw members of [WM] running with any of your other groups, but I honestly don’t believe that I ever saw that last night … at least not in EB where there would have been lots of reasons to beef up the forces outside the main zerg.

Granted that it is annoying right now when you get that amount of PvDoor and they hate PvDoor as much as you do. I still don’t really understand why they did that move down. My guess is they had a lot of people in WM dropping from GW2 and this was their way to keep them with a minimal interest until the February update – but do not think they are happy with the current situation.

You seem like a rational person so I will take your word for that, and maybe the best way to resolve this for all parties involved is indeed for Kaineng to quickly blow us out so they can move on up next week. But as you say, if [WM] intends to play like that why did they bother to move down in the first place? It seems odd to be unhappy with a situation that any fool could have predicted their actions would create.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Actually back on topic, one more shout out to a good battle I recall… guild TBE… brief battles between camps (I recall I made 1 wrong turn at astral, only to run smack into the middle of you guys alone, then res’d to go back up thinking the backroad would give me some time to do inventory… and again, turned right into the pack), unexpected coordination, good job guys – the fights actually took place down south to EH keep door step. I wanted to make sure to give props to you guys, I had some fun with the battles with you. Credit where credit is due ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: dEjAhVu.4526

dEjAhVu.4526

I’m pretty sure Chaster was leading in DRBL during reset and it was the first map fully secured. WM was not commanding there.

I’d recomend you to read a few posts up about the current strategy. (That is pretty much not bothering with defending as we need something to do out there).

It’s sad seeing a post like that from a server that went through the same transition Kaineng is currently expiriencing. If we had the exact same number as we did while we kept your server at bay in T8, we would not have come this far. I’m seriously sick and tired of people complaining about our numbers. How hard is it to understand that in order to compete in the tiers that we as a server are striving to get to WE NEED THE NUMBERS!!

What would you like us to do? All transfer to another server? Then ruin the balance in another tier? Unless you have some amazing suggestion to solve all this. Stop complaining.

Drax Voogd Guardian
Drax Maus Necromancer
Server – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

You played for a couple hours last night and managed to figure out how all the guilds on all the borderlands play? You must be a genius. That’s real talent folks, this guy should be a leader of whatever country he is from. I’m guessing you only played in Eternal BG since you talked about WM. Did you try any other borderlands? We have guilds assigned to each borderland, guilds you certainly didn’t fight.

I’m tired of all these whiners week after week giving full credit to WM. Yes they are good, but they aren’t doing it by themselves. They have full presence in Eternal and a smaller presence on one of the other borderlands at reset, after that, since we owned everything in 8 hours, everyone just goes to where help is needed. So you saw one tiny part of what the server can do, yet you make such a bs statement like that. Now that is something to laugh about, something to bring “tears of mirth” to my eyes. You got outplayed and outmanned. Enjoy the ride back down to t8.

Then rest assured because I spent my reset in Ehmry Bay Borderlands. I was part of the group killing nearly every yak, the visual bug helped the others get through, going to Bay. Individual skill was incredibly low. I don’t recall ever coming across an opponent who was not full glass cannon (which are incredibly easy to kill). In case you don’t remember, Kain was isolated to just the Bay for the first three hours (which after three our numbers started dropping drastically).

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Kaineng Strategy:

Step 1 : Engage enemy

If win, proceed to Step 2.
If lose, add 10 more players and return to Step 1.

Step 2: Move to next objective
Optional: Post about how you outplayed your opponent

Return to Step 1

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

Me saying that Kaineng zergs have been the easiest for us to handle is a statement of fact. I did not say that Kaineng zergs are the worst in the game. That would have been an opinion.

To summarize:

Some people apparently have trouble with what is and what is not a fact. Your subjective opinion is that Kaineng Zergs are the easiest to kill is not a fact. You would need to post some kind of objective measurement and allow multiple samples before you could indeed say it is a fact. If you think it is indeed easier to kill Kaineng zergs i truly hope you guys come out in force. I need something to do.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

in WvW

ShadowSoljer.6524

Then rest assured because I spent my reset in Ehmry Bay Borderlands. I was part of the group killing nearly every yak, the visual bug helped the others get through, going to Bay. Individual skill was incredibly low. I don’t recall ever coming across an opponent who was not full glass cannon (which are incredibly easy to kill). In case you don’t remember, Kain was isolated to just the Bay for the first three hours (which after three our numbers started dropping drastically).

Yes I agree with you there, some of Kaineng is not that great at 1v1 or 2v2 but thats fine really. Glass cannon builds aren’t really good for wvw either, even though I’m currently using one, hopefully those are things we can work on in this tier or the next. I was mainly referring to DR BL myself because I wasn’t on any other BL either. So I guess I shouldn’t have said anything about the BL’s i wasn’t on, since I couldn’t see how they played, but my BL was working together and we did great.

in WvW

ShadowSoljer.6524

Kaineng Strategy:

Step 1 : Engage enemy

If win, proceed to Step 2.
If lose, add 10 more players and return to Step 1.

Step 2: Move to next objective
Optional: Post about how you outplayed your opponent

Return to Step 1

Not once in a matchup thread has anyone from Kaineng bragged about outplaying an opponent, not so much as you guys have done it for us with your complaints.

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

All of this chest thumping… xD

Kaineng folks, I don’t understand why we feel the need to defend ourselves. We see this hate coming at us week after week. Just take it to ‘em on the battlefield, and let the ones that can’t accept it post excuses here. Numbers, zergs, no tactics, you’ll get stomped in later tiers… we’ve heard all of that in past matchup threads, and whether those statements are right or wrong is really irrelevant. Let angry folks spout their anger on the forums – doesn’t really change things on the battlefield. Sticks and stones and all that.

Now, for on topic… pretty fun fights in EB BL – you guys keep running from Sunny to Crag, don’t give us time to get anything done. xD Good job, and I got more than one spike through my skull trying to scout where you were coming from next.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Oozo.7856

To summarize:

Some people apparently have trouble with what is and what is not a fact. Your subjective opinion is that Kaineng Zergs are the easiest to kill is not a fact. You would need to post some kind of objective measurement and allow multiple samples before you could indeed say it is a fact. If you think it is indeed easier to kill Kaineng zergs i truly hope you guys come out in force. I need something to do.

It is a FACT that Kaineng zergs have been the easiest for US to kill when compared to other servers we have played. Are you dense? I think we are perfectly qualified to state as a fact what has been easy for US to do and what hard been hard for US to do.

Hint: What I am saying is not the same thing as saying that Kaineng zergs are the easiest zergs to kill in the game.

Words: They mean stuff.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

LOL. Read that again and tell me how numbers alone don’t create that scenario. Send your new big guild to EB and let the rest of your sever focus on the BLs. Use a massive zerg (and I mean massive … we’ve never seen numbers even close to being that large, even against Mag) to wipe EB, then send portions of it wherever else might be needed. Yup … that works.

And yes, I spent almost all of my time last night in EB, where we did a pretty good job of keeping [WM] off balance for quite a while because all they did was hit-and-run, while we made better choices of what we attacked and what we defended given the people we had. If you had looked at the map in EB even a few hours after reset you would know what I mean. For quite a while [WM] didn’t even do a decent job of controlling the supply camps, but eventually they wore us down and we simply couldn’t come up with enough supply to defend anything. If you want to call that being outplayed, so be it.

Personally, I couldn’t care less which tier we are in as long as we have a balanced match (I didn’t like it when DR was steamrolling Kain and FC either) against great competition.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Okay, Day 2 … back on topic, read my posts. DR, on your DR BL … thanks for the continuous battles.

I did forget 1 shout out to you guys, mind is still foggy only on 2nd cup of coffee. The northern most camp, I thinks its Godsword this week (name always changes) … your late night siege stand was awesome. A lot of fun, and hope you guys enjoyed it. Sometimes it’s things like that which I find can be absolutely fun. Sieging up a camp and battling it out once in a while. Great work there. ;-)

Catch ya on the battlefield all,
~X

in WvW

Posted by: Zeronova.1526

Zeronova.1526

I couldn’t even call this “Kain” not one familiar tag. Nothing more than transfers and zergs.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Cactus.2710

It’s sad seeing a post like that from a server that went through the same transition Kaineng is currently expiriencing. If we had the exact same number as we did while we kept your server at bay in T8, we would not have come this far. I’m seriously sick and tired of people complaining about our numbers. How hard is it to understand that in order to compete in the tiers that we as a server are striving to get to WE NEED THE NUMBERS!!

What would you like us to do? All transfer to another server? Then ruin the balance in another tier? Unless you have some amazing suggestion to solve all this. Stop complaining.

First of all, everyone in DR knows we had a big advantage in those lower tiers because of numbers. Anyone who denies that is being foolish. That doesn’t mean that we’re not getting fed the same porridge now in spades.

But more importantly, if you go back to my original post here, I didn’t actually complain about your numbers. I simply remarked that Kaineng’s gameplay had changed from when we last faced you … you used to rely much more on tactics and skilled PvP. It’s pretty apparent now, though, even based upon the posts here from your own server mates, that at least in this matchup you’ve migrated to a zerg priority … a huge one. That makes you a more powerful opponent, but not necessarily a more respected one.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

Oozo.7856:

It is a FACT that Kaineng zergs have been the easiest for US to kill when compared to other servers we have played. Are you dense? I think we are perfectly qualified to state as a fact what has been easy for US to do and what hard been hard for US to do.

Hint: What I am saying is not the same thing as saying that Kaineng zergs are the easiest zergs to kill in the game.

Words: They mean stuff.

I think I am missing the picture, if the zergs you’re facing are the easiest to face, I’m assuming that you must be having fun wiping them right? So why waste even a second on this forum to post, I mean didnt you see that zerg run by you that you could wipe.<<total joke there btw.
To the real topic, try to rememer this server hasnt had to learn all that much yet, and didnt have a reason to know how to fight effectively with a zerg this size when they were in T8. There is a lot of adjustments the old havto make with the new that cannot be done utill we hit equal competition. So yea big whoop a few are easy? If its easy does that mean its fun or does it limit the fun when they wipe. We gotta hit our brick wall to learn and adapt, till then posts like yours will be common and stale. If you cannot see that/those facts then I fail to believe yours.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

WP is on Kaineng, we are still in the process of getting everyone over. We’re still adjusting and rebuilding the guild’s upgrades, we’ll be starting to reach out to both the original Kaineng guilds and get to know the fellow newcomers as well. I have nothing but respect for Chaster’s SoS, they are one of the main reasons why we’ve voted for Kaineng as our permanent home (SoS is our Xiongdimen n___n). Also we have a close bond with Kaineng, because of our server histories.

I am still on Jade Quarry, which didn’t end up getting the votes, so I’ll be waiting until next Tuesday to be joining the rest of my guild on Kaineng. Guildmembers who’ve been scattered across multiple servers are reuniting on this server. We were a DR guild since the beginning as a small real-life friends-only guild (the guild name was an inside joke).

There was some drama inside the guild that came from outside influences, a lot of our friends from other guilds had already left DR or stopped playing GW2. Many arguments were had over staying or transferring, but since we’ve been reunited on Kaineng we’ve all agreed that we haven’t had this much enthusiasm since the old days of T8. Everyone in the guild is having a great time on Kaineng, both WvW and PVE. We were actually hoping it would be BP in this matchup instead of DR… although I’m hearing a lot of chatter in Teamspeak about a manhunt going on for Sir Morningstar in his native habitat, EB.

WP on Kain now, eh? Heh, looks like I’ll have to invite you guys out to a fight night and challenge all of the guys I used to duel alongside

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma