01-18 Devona's Rest / Kaineng / Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

After yesterday’s fights, there were 4 Kaineng guilds that stood out that most.

1.) RE Guild – Definitely the most visible guild the entire day, very respectable tactics and gameplay by its members. Its because of these guys that most of Devona’s BL is Blue.

2.) SOS Guild – Although not as visible and strong as RE, Defended that main keeps while DR took it back. They made sure we earned those towers, garri back.

3.) Korean Guilds – failsafe, ppl are asleep when these guys show up. So yeah, we are screwed.

4.) WM guild – AkA the “Centipede Zerg”, its like 40+ ppl moving fluidly like a centipede, u try to get close to it, u die. They pretty much destroyed everything Devona’s had. Using Culling and AoEHitsonly5ppl to thier advantage, these guys top my list of the most elite guild i faced, with EA (Elephant Ambush) from Dragonbrand in 2nd place. They even suprised us at our northern supply camp (where we were waiting for them with 10 ballistas and 30+ ppl) by bringing thier zerg inside our citadel and coming out from our own door. Did not know u could do that. Legendary Defenders not doing thier jobs :P.

Let me just say that Centipede Zerg is normal in upper tiers, to abuse the culling bug. Also reduce AoE damage, since those are limited to 5 targets.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

I am not even from this tier, but I find it sad that many of you decided to trash talk Kaineng instead of self improvement. Number is not everything in wvw.

Wait …, aren’t you the guy who made a huge whining post about how every guild and player has abandoned your server? Numbers aren’t everything man, use your skill to dominate in WvW regardless of those departures!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Moo Poo.7358

Moo Poo.7358

Door Machine
wonder how far kain can go before they hit their match

Probably as far as they went last time before they all quit and moved to Kaineng.

I’m pretty sure they contributed to SBI being 1st place in T1 3 weeks in a row. Not to mention SBI never had any alliances that could even compare to the ridiculous coverage of SoS or old HoD.

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

It seems like these threads get more hostile with every tier we climb.

On another note, I’d like to thank DR and EB for some fun fights so far. I tend to run around solo scouting so I’m not usually on the winning side of a fight, but I still manage to have fun and occasionally get a kill when I’m in a 1v1 fight.

My favorite was yesterday though, I was scouting in the Kaineng BL when I saw a small group of DR taking one of the southern supply camps. I accidentally got too close and you spotted me so I bolted naturally. A few seconds later I turn a corner and run into a small group of EB, so I ran back towards the camp hoping you two would wipe each other out and I could sneak away. Of course I wasn’t fast enough and was quickly killed in the crossfire but it was fun watching the fight anyway.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello guys,

Sorry to go off track.

We had 2 of these folks take Aldon’s about 15mins ago. Would some of you know folks from the the Getting Legendary guild (nevr)?

Would like to have a chat with the GM or the server leaders.

Thank you,
FW

Attachments:

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Ok till friday ill start replying to these DR posts with quotes from Dred. It should be fun.

Go ahead, but Dred’s gone and both his guild and his server felt the same about him as you do.

applause

but tbh its probably 4months late though

And about all the stuff about Kaineng having no skill now?

Yes your right. With all the bandwagons, transfers and low lvls popping up into the winning server. Most likely our average WvW skill and individual combat ability DID take a hit.

Theres some good guilds and good fighters like WM and RE the like who are pretty good. But its true that the general individual strength of the population has sunk.

Am i unhappy about it? No actually not really. Things change, and this game which hasnt been out for half a year doesnt justify me being nostalgic of the whether perceived or true skill lvl of the old Kaineng.

Everything is different now. The requirements for us on this server is now also different.

There was a time in tier 8 where the power of the individual was important as there may be as few as 10 people on the map. This was the time when i proudly jumped into Devona groups which outnumber us 2 to 1 seeing how many kills we could score before we were overun. And at that time, id know there would be strong players backing me up from like CnB, Kain, or Larp Noqq etc.

While i do treasure those times, Us oldies from old Kaineng has also needs to adapt with the times.

Individual skill doesnt matter much anymore. Zergs and numbers are the deciding factor. Everynow and then you get good guilds with numbers and organization too and they steamroll everyone.

Sometimes, we just need to let go of our egos and accept reality.
We could hold onto our whether true or percieved awesome skill in the past and stop moving forward.
Or we could learn to adapt and adjust to the new ball game.

Seriously considering a more supportive build and spec to fit in more with the big Zerg. But i guess even zergs need some “assasin” type personel sometimes so ill have my killer build ready.

TLDR

I dont mind losing. But i like to win too.
And winning because of transfers or outnumbering you 10 to 1 doesnt really diminish my own enjoyment over the victory.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Oh the delicious irony from the DR that for 9 weeks won our matchup in t8. Including spawn camping, dancing on enemies when you killed them 10 on 1, and posting smack on how awesome you are on the forum at every turn.

It would only be more delicious if Dred didn’t leave your server so he can post his excuses on the forum.

The people who gloated from DR are long gone. Turns out that they were typical fairweather players.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Over 350 kills in 3 hours. Thanks for the bags blue zergies!

The people who gloated from DR are long gone. Turns out that they were typical fairweather players.

You missed one!(Don’t know what else to call that other than “Gloating”…I suppose you could say ‘Sarcastic Thank-you’…but that’s still a form of gloating when doing so publicly like this.)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

And about all the stuff about Kaineng having no skill now?

Don’t read too much into what is being said. Obviously, there are skilled players on Kaineng as there are on every server.

However, at the moment, Kaineng’s rank and file are generally very weak at open field fighting when compared to the other servers we have faced. I (being on DR) have never been able to judge how well DR did in open field fighting. So, it was hard for me to tell how good (or bad) DR was. Was it all population advantage or did they have some actual backbone when it came to fighting open field?

Now, I have my answer. DR was full of fairweather players who rode a population advantage to victory and once that population advantage was gone and things were no longer easy… they folded. The same might happen to Kaineng if you don’t get your rank and file into shape.

I think Kaineng will do better on the way up than DR due to having more internal strength (and coverage) due to WM and SoS, but that is only going to carry you so far. You could end up in a good place, but whether you stay there or not depends on whether your fairweather players ditch you when and if you stall.

edit: The good news for you is that you might not hit that wall until after free transfers are gone, which will make it harder for your deadweight to get off of the server.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

You missed one!(Don’t know what else to call that other than “Gloating”…I suppose you could say ‘Sarcastic Thank-you’…but that’s still a form of gloating when doing so publicly like this.)

I’m talking about the people who gloated over which SERVER was winning in a game largely determined by population and coverage. We never gloated over anything like that.

Killing people is entirely different.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

However, at the moment, Kaineng’s rank and file are generally very weak at open field fighting when compared to the other servers we have faced. I (being on DR) have never been able to judge how well DR did in open field fighting. So, it was hard for me to tell how good (or bad) DR was. Was it all population advantage or did they have some actual backbone when it came to fighting open field?

Now, I have my answer. DR was full of fairweather players who rode a population advantage to victory and once that population advantage was gone and things were no longer easy… they folded. The same might happen to Kaineng if you don’t get your rank and file into shape.

Not wholly true. I fought you guys in T8 and it was all numbers there…again…you had the occasional star 5-man and individual, but that was really all.(though honestly none of your Commanders has yet to impress me, no offense Morningstar! A Commander thinks of Server first, individual Pride second…and an alliance between DR and EBay has not even been -TRIED-…That to me is poor leadership. At least failed effort is still effort!)

The difference is…when I fought you on NSP. After the couple Tiers up, and fighting new people…DR had a LOT of Guilds step up their game and impressed the hell outta me. Your PUGs on average were a lot more organizable…but they still had the same weakness of Commanders being the source of your strength. If a Commander is killed…your Zerg usually followed. And again…I still wasn’t and am not impressed with DR Commanders. But your “Average person” is much better than they -were- in T8.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Not wholly true. I fought you guys in T8 and it was all numbers there…again…you had the occasional star 5-man and individual, but that was really all.(though honestly none of your Commanders has yet to impress me, no offense Morningstar! A Commander thinks of Server first, individual Pride second…and an alliance between DR and EBay has not even been -TRIED-…That to me is poor leadership. At least failed effort is still effort!)

The difference is…when I fought you on NSP. After the couple Tiers up, and fighting new people…DR had a LOT of Guilds step up their game and impressed the hell outta me. Your PUGs on average were a lot more organizable…but they still had the same weakness of Commanders being the source of your strength. If a Commander is killed…your Zerg usually followed. And again…I still wasn’t and am not impressed with DR Commanders. But your “Average person” is much better than they -were- in T8.

I’ll defer to your assessment since your viewpoint from being on the other side of the fence is going to be more accurate, IMO.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I’ll defer to your assessment since your viewpoint from being on the other side of the fence is going to be more accurate, IMO.

Just the opinion of your neighborhood stalker. ;p To be totally honest I was hoping you guys would keep going up and we would follow behind you to meet on top again…I was probably more upset with the DR-implosion than DR was. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Now look at tier 3. FA is another T1 material server that has so much more manpower it aren’t funny. Yet CD and DB are still holding their own.

Wow, people have high expectations of FA! All T3 servers have comparable populations. FA is probably the biggest of the three now I admit. Not sure if we all made it to T1 yet. All three have benefited from transfers. CD got transfers when they were winning in T4 and then a few more in T3. CD was outnumbering us until we got the IoJ transfers to catch up and bypass them. DB got many transfers through their victories in T4/T5.

My guess is that we have all bypassed TC since they are relatively weak in Oceanic time. Not sure how we compare to SoS/JQ/BG/SoR. Next few weeks will be interesting. Especially when Mag and Kaineng take on other superservers so we can accurately determine their strength.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Reminds me of a story from a kungkitten (lol censor) novel

Some bad guys killed all the family/friends/dog of hero.
Hero like all heroes do goes into a cave to train.
Unlike other heroes who power up in a day this one took 50 years to become invincible.
He went out of his cave only to find that most of his enemies had already died of old age. And the only left is a sick dying old man.
hero has hard time deciding whether he should punch his face in……..

Kinda like what i feel with the devonas right now.
DR imploded. My epic rematch shall never happen. RIP

(edited by lcc.9374)

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Gloating would be me saying something “I got 350 kills because I am totally better than everyone that I ran into today! Totally destroyed dozens of WM/SoS/RE and many more!”

That is an example of what it would be like if I were gloating, however I was making a comment on how large the zergs were. When we fought maguuma we experienced culling, but not like this. Theres a difference between culling because you have a lot of people, and culling because your zerg drops stealth houses/mass invis prior to and during combat to exploit culling.

The reason I say that they were exploiting culling is because when they were spamming stealth it was in plain view. Not like they were out of LOS at all. You’d see the group stacked up in a spot, then the houses come down, followed by a massive frame rate drop and lastly the army of invisible people would start hitting you.

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Also can we stop with the ‘higher tier = higher skill’ idea? Higher tier = higher coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Just the opinion of your neighborhood stalker. ;p To be totally honest I was hoping you guys would keep going up and we would follow behind you to meet on top again…I was probably more upset with the DR-implosion than DR was. :p

Probably. I don’t know a single person on DR who is actually upset with the implosion, people are just frustrated because we are gonna be stuck in a boring tier for some time.

Playing in T5 has really showed me how terribly boring zerg-infested WvW can be. I am really looking forward to falling down a notch so we can once again have some fun gameplay where skill matters.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Playing in T5 has really showed me how terribly boring zerg-infested WvW can be. I am really looking forward to falling down a notch so we can once again have some fun gameplay where skill matters.

To be fair, skill matters wherever you go…just the type of skill and the impact of the individual is what changes.(Though an individual in a Zerg CAN be rather large as well assuming they are teaching the Zerg, etc.)

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Gloating would be me saying something “I got 350 kills because I am totally better than everyone that I ran into today! Totally destroyed dozens of WM/SoS/RE and many more!”.

I guess I owe you an apology then, because your explanation is exactly what I took out of your initial statement. Sorry I misread your post as empty chest thumping.

Although, I’m a bit hard pressed to understand how a discussion on culling would be started by your initial post…?

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Game over man, GAME OVER!

lol @ Miss Heals comment
“I think we can overrun redlake”

EDIT: The comment is in one of his screenshots, you’re gonna have to do a bit of imagery analysis to find it.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Now look at tier 3. FA is another T1 material server that has so much more manpower it aren’t funny. Yet CD and DB are still holding their own.

Wow, people have high expectations of FA! All T3 servers have comparable populations. FA is probably the biggest of the three now I admit. Not sure if we all made it to T1 yet. All three have benefited from transfers. CD got transfers when they were winning in T4 and then a few more in T3. CD was outnumbering us until we got the IoJ transfers to catch up and bypass them. DB got many transfers through their victories in T4/T5.

My guess is that we have all bypassed TC since they are relatively weak in Oceanic time. Not sure how we compare to SoS/JQ/BG/SoR. Next few weeks will be interesting. Especially when Mag and Kaineng take on other superservers so we can accurately determine their strength.

SoR blows you guys out of the water, even with most of IoJ on FA now. Be excited for that match-up if it occurs, but understand just how big SoR is now. They’re bigger than Blackgate and Blackgate held us at 160k points each week.

Edit: in fact they might pass BG this week.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

You guys enjoying Kaineng?
From the score looks like you are.

And not doing much better than we were by that.

Xfer servers die.
The clever ones will leave before the 28th.

I can’t wait til give them a slap on the back when they go back down to tier 7.
All of the ones that stayed in hope that it’d hold together that is.
^__^

Just wait until they meet our old friends Dragonbrand.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

^__^

I hold no “Hope” one way or the other. :p I enjoyed T8 while there…and I enjoy large-scale tactics. I can’t lose.

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

You guys enjoying Kaineng?
From the score looks like you are.

And not doing much better than we were by that.

Xfer servers die.
The clever ones will leave before the 28th.

^__^

Hmmmmm… I can’t quite figure out if Bird Song has jumped on the “hater” bandwagon. If so, I’m kinda disappointed.

BTW, you might wanna get your 20G ready to pay up… xD

Edit: And you say “down to Tier 7” like it’s not an entire tier higher than where we started. Sounds like a victory in my book. LOL

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Got to have a few fights today. Some players on Kain were pretty cool….others not so much.

Must say I was a lil tickled pink to see Meow on Kain now….too funny.

in WvW

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

I actually enjoy this match up more than the Mag one. Mag’s zerg was organized , we only were able to bust maybe one group before the mass slammed into us.

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

SBI here.

From the quality of people I know on Kaineng and the quality of T1-2 opponents I faced…

Kaineng will reach T1 fast and probably win it. Book it.

I’m still sad that they felt they had to leave SBI – but it’s their choice after all.

Don’t get mad at them when you face them. Or maybe do get mad, since they are hurting your fun in WvW. It won’t last long though. They’ll probably stay one-two weeks per tier at most.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

When you replace the word “quality” with “quantity” in some of these posts they start to make much more sense.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I actually enjoy this match up more than the Mag one. Mag’s zerg was organized , we only were able to bust maybe one group before the mass slammed into us.

Amen to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Got to have a few fights today. Some players on Kain were pretty cool….others not so much.

Must say I was a lil tickled pink to see Meow on Kain now….too funny.

Hi Jinks, I’m the necromancer that killed himself on you earlier. Hopefully we can have a rematch sometime. I’ll bring an 80 this time and maybe dent your HP before I go down.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

(edited by Vilkata.4725)

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Mag’s also took 2 weeks to get through this Tier. We won’t.

Note: I will say it over and over again until people understand…you aren’t going to see any of the “Quality” Guilds until there’s a serious threat(With the “Die-hard WVW Guilds” being the exception…didn’t think it needed to be said, but just in case. -.-). We won every BL -while- there were Queues on at least our side and yours. In EB it was not “Complete Domination”, but we -WERE- ahead…Now if either EBay or DR want to claim they didn’t have Queues on their own BL or EB on reset day, they can make any claims they want. The Point? If we lack skill, both of your servers are even more lacking in skill. Am I saying we’re better than you?…No. Personally I think the difference is small enough not to be noticable. But if you’re going to continuously point at the PUGs and newer Commanders and say “This shows you have no skill!”…Well…then what’s that say about you guys?

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Also can we stop with the ‘higher tier = higher skill’ idea? Higher tier = higher coverage.

True.

…Best way to get large numbers?….win…best way to win…outnumber your opponent….best way to ensure that…take a large organized guild to a low tier….ensuring weeks of easy wins——>swelling the ranks of fairweather players internally and also becoming a magnet for xfers…..when you stall out, rinse and repeat…or quit game. /shrug

Post free xfers closing there will prolly be 3-4 tiers of “populated” servers all somewhat comparable….with the rest being a dogs breakfast of populations and coverage susceptable to small pop/coverage changes/deltas.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I am not even from this tier, but I find it sad that many of you decided to trash talk Kaineng instead of self improvement. Number is not everything in wvw.

Look at tier 2. SoR is the major player in that tier with all those transfers. Yet TC is still constantly getting 200 points. SBI, even after all their major wvw guilds left, and fighting outmanned 24/7, is still constantly getting 100 points.

No matter how strong you think Kaineng is, it isn’t indestructible. There are no reason that BOTH of your servers combined for less than 50 points. SBI by itself, at the worst possible moment, is still getting 100 points against the tier 1 bound SoR. And you two servers combined for less than 50 points. Explain to me how this is no fault of yours?

I am not trying to be hash. But when you only blame others you would never improve.

How duplicitous can you possibly be?? You’ve recently made several posts suggesting ways for ANet to fix the game breaking effects of server population imbalances, and below is an exact quote from a post you made just a few days ago. What’s even more incredible is you telling us to just suck it up and learn how to survive against insurmountable numbers after you just admitted that you can’t learn to play without them. We’re even talking about the same guild!!

posted by Chips:

Server PvP and WvW

Every night, SBI is getting overrun by zerg after zerg. In the first few days at tier 2, SBI would only lose their EB keep once a day at around 2:30 am PST. But for the past few days (after server transfer announcement), SBI now losses its EB keep 4 or 5 times a day. And this is happening even during NA prine time, a time slot where SBI used to be very strong at. And our ever shrinking numbers is a direct linking reason to that.

Ever since WM left SBI, many of us had to play extra amounts to fill those holes. But let’s get real its very tiring and expensive. And all the effort with nothing to show for it is extremely demoralizing.

Night after night SoR (nothing against you guys^^) would show up with their 60 men zerg and overrun everything. And the 20-30 of us have no chance. Even inside the walls we cannot shoot at our enemy below because our OWN walls blocks our shot (LOL!). When we jump to the edge of the wall to attack we get pulled down in a second (its so obvious you got to jump up to the edge).

So we put in the time, the thinking and the money into our wve efforts. All of these leads to nothing. Its a bottomless pit with no return. And so when the server transfer announcement was made, everything, and I do mean everything, collapses in SBI.

The question of many guilds is not whatever they should transfer out of SBI or not. The only question is where to. And I don’t blame them. Who want to suffer though this kind of torture night after night? Many of the people that I used to fight with are leaving. So yup our server is ripping apart.

3 weeks ago if you ask me, I wouldn’t ever considering leaving SBI. But today, everything combined really got me thinking. I mean I do play this game for fun. This game isn’t my life. So why stay in a depressing and stressful server?

This is a very sad time for me, my guild and my server. Very very sad times.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

Note: I will say it over and over again until people understand…you aren’t going to see any of the “Quality” Guilds until there’s a serious threat(With the “Die-hard WVW Guilds” being the exception…didn’t think it needed to be said, but just in case. -.-). We won every BL -while- there were Queues on at least our side and yours. In EB it was not “Complete Domination”, but we -WERE- ahead…Now if either EBay or DR want to claim they didn’t have Queues on their own BL or EB on reset day, they can make any claims they want. The Point? If we lack skill, both of your servers are even more lacking in skill. Am I saying we’re better than you?…No. Personally I think the difference is small enough not to be noticable. But if you’re going to continuously point at the PUGs and newer Commanders and say “This shows you have no skill!”…Well…then what’s that say about you guys?

Meh, it really doesn’t matter to me, I enjoy smashing zergs regardless of how important it is to them. I’m not sure why the quality guilds aren’t out playing, like everyone else, as if they are some sort of special team called in only when the normal zergs can’t cut it.
/shrug — It’s all fun.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

There is a huge difference between then and now due to the paid transfer announcement. DR is a dead server now and will probably end up in T7. BP also lost a ton since that first matchup against Mag.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

dr/bp week 1 did turn into a laneslide, but that was because mag’s stronger round the clock coverage usually doesn’t show itself until the week. Sunday/monday week 1 it really started to show. It’s not uncommon for Mag to lose on weekends but start riding away during the week, because all of our weekend guys are also all of our weekday guys.

Week 2 was from transfers, though.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

There is a huge difference between then and now due to the paid transfer announcement. DR is a dead server now and will probably end up in T7. BP also lost a ton since that first matchup against Mag.

I’ll agree things are a little different now. But that’s kinda what I was saying…1st week against Maguuma, you guys were a threat and put up a good fight, same as BP. That was an entire week(or most of the week :p ) of good fights. I would stick around in that situation as well. During weeks like this one…I go PvE. I find it more fun than PvD, and myself and most of my Guild aren’t a “KILL PEOPLE!” type of Guild so much as a “Points” type. So there’s far less enjoyment in simply walking around looking for people to kill when we hold everything. And there are many many people who feel that way. As frustrating as it is to be on the “Dominated” side…at least you have lots of targets.

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

This thread is a complete embarrassment and I hope it gets locked. DR, you faced the same bitter vitriol on your way up that we’ve been getting every week now. Your cognitive dissonance is showing, blinding me even. Pots and kettles calling each other black. I was looking forward to a tone of rivalry and fun jabs now that your problem people are gone, but you’re just as mad at us for no reason as everyone else we’ve faced. I’ll be sitting this thread out this week if it stays open. I expected better from you as another server who has charted a similar path as us, and I especially expected better of some Kains in here to not take the flame bait. Just so, so disappointing.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

This thread is a complete embarrassment and I hope it gets locked. DR, you faced the same bitter vitriol on your way up that we’ve been getting every week now. Your cognitive dissonance is showing, blinding me even. Pots and kettles calling each other black. I was looking forward to a tone of rivalry and fun jabs now that your problem people are gone, but you’re just as mad at us for no reason as everyone else we’ve faced. I’ll be sitting this thread out this week if it stays open. I expected better from you as another server who has charted a similar path as us, and I especially expected better of some Kains in here to not take the flame bait. Just so, so disappointing.

Whatever bad history players from DR and Kaineng had needs to get buried right now. Neither server is the same as what it was.

I really liked DR when I played them and I think that with a bit of time to self organize, they can be really really good. I thought many of their players had good character and conducted themselves well on this forum. They never set a ceiling for themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Wow that score is just wow. Did DR/EBay quit ? AR/NSP put up more of a fight then that over reset weekend. Just ride it out, they will move up.

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

Wow that score is just wow. Did DR/EBay quit ? AR/NSP put up more of a fight then that over reset weekend. Just ride it out, they will move up.

It kinda ebbs and flows – yesterday, I think Ebay garrison got flipped like four times in 20 minutes. EB and DR still come out to play and do well, the score just doesn’t reflect it.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Initially I thought this too…the problem EBay and DR had was NO presence later Reset Night. As soon as people went to sleep, everything fell like clockwork. And as everyone knows…Once things are taken, getting them back is MUCH more difficult. When we fought NSP/AR, there was a lot more night presence over the weekend at the least.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Wasn’t meant as an insult, just popped in to see how it was going and was shocked. Ya no night presence will kill a server score very fast against Kain.

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

I still remember how happy I was when I was in Kaineng when Devona’s Rest left Tier 8, it’s good to see my old server put the smackdown on them once and for all. On the other hand, this is why I left Kaineng, because there is never, ever, anything to capture except for supply camps, which is quite boring to capture because its mainly a hit and run tactic the other teams used.

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Who said anything about being mad? Where is the “bitter vitriol?” I’ve looked back at the postings from myself and other DR players, and the great majority of them are simple observations.

-1. We said that Kain’s play style has changed from being more broadly strategic to one that is mostly numbers driven. It has … that’s obvious to everyone. Even your own server mates have said that here. As one of them pointed out, against DR and Ebay you don’t need to do anything else and that makes sense. Another pointed out that the numbers you field almost force you to play that way, and I can understand that as well.

-2. We said that Kain has a huge advantage by virtue of better 24/7 coverage. That also is true, and I’m sure you would agree.

-3. We said that [WM] employed extremely disciplined hit-and-run tactics, and at least early in the match they did so with little regard for what they hit and without much defense. One of your server mates then posted here a rational and detailed description of why that was, and how it would probably be different in a different tier or possibly even later in the week in this tier. What would you like to dispute there?

-4. Some said that they were surprised at how easy it was to kill [WM] stragglers compared with members of Kain’s other guilds. I don’t think there’s much to argue there (I suck and even I find them easy prey), and … again … one of your server mates posted a comment here on why that was probably generally true and how they were working to upgrade those players.

So where do you see DR being “mad” here? I’ve seen more vitriol in the Kain replies (yours in particular) than I’ve seen in the DR comments. We’ve made some honest observations that you can contest if you see fit, but nobody is saying that Kain is not the stronger server here or that you don’t deserve to win. You guys deserve to move up, you almost certainly will move up, and it will be better for everyone when you do move up. I’ll be glad when you leave, but I’m not mad that you’re here this week while on your way to wherever you’re headed. It’s just a totally different style of play all around than when Kain and DR were last in the same tier, as I’m sure even you would agree.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kiexcolo.2416

Kiexcolo.2416

Wow that score is just wow. Did DR/EBay quit ? AR/NSP put up more of a fight then that over reset weekend. Just ride it out, they will move up

Wasn’t meant as an insult, just popped in to see how it was going and was shocked. Ya no night presence will kill a server score very fast against Kain.

They actually put up a very good fight in their BLs. We had a hard time taking back their garrisons and like you said, the lack of coverage as compared to Kain is the reason why theirs scores are low.

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Just a small reminder who think Maguuma is great. Some Maguuma lover Borlis Pass players double teamed Devona before they transfer to Maguuma while Devona was in 2nd place. Devona lost 2vs1 in that match up and still managed to take down BP. After morale was broken we lost some fair weather players causing a chain reaction of panic that people are leaving. And Maguuma got players from BP and other servers. In the end Devona proved that it has a loyal player base which are staying even if we lose very hard.

When we started in Devona we had an Idea and we still believe in that idea. We are here and we will be here. We born as Devonians, we die as Devonians.

“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.”

-V

Attachments:

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

That’s a nice load of morale boosting hogwash

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Jurrzy.1594

Jurrzy.1594

Wait, so Gasm and Pro are just gone now? Did two of our biggest guilds, one of which has been here longer than I can remember (GASM), and another that always acted like they had our backs (PRO), betray us as soon as paid transfers were announced? Sorry, I haven’t played in a few days, so I’m a little out of the current events.

Garrzz- Devona’s Rest

(edited by Jurrzy.1594)