01-18 Devona's Rest / Kaineng / Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

If you see an offensive post that you would really deem as being “Harassment” just report it.

If you dont have anything nice to say i strongly advise you to keep your fingers away from your keyboard

Good point Foss, although its too bad we didn’t see ‘the real good players’ from Kain this week (according to you ofc). Which is worse: poking fun at the opposing team, or saying the players that are currently playing on our servers aren’t good?

Maybe you did come out, can you find yourself in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8rnSezspk

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

Well, in direct opposition to what i said a few minutes ago, here is the battle of cliffside round 4

DR pulled a fast one on the kain zerg, starting the breakout and capping the tower while the majority of the enemy were camping the west side of our spawn. We did our best to set up with only around 10 people inside, but were unable to prevent the construction of 3 catapults. The same wall as the last times was breached, but the meagre remnants of our earlier force were unable to hold back the full force of Kaineng.

DR are happy with capping a tower, but at this point its no longer an epic battle.
This will be the last time i post on us capping cliffside for today, as if we do we’ll likely just get rolled within 10 minutes

Good luck out there everyone

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

If you see an offensive post that you would really deem as being “Harassment” just report it.

If you dont have anything nice to say i strongly advise you to keep your fingers away from your keyboard

Good point Foss, although its too bad we didn’t see ‘the real good players’ from Kain this week (according to you ofc). Which is worse: poking fun at the opposing team, or saying the players that are currently playing on our servers aren’t good?

Maybe you did come out, can you find yourself in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8rnSezspk

I dont mind a little friendly smack talking. Thats what these threads are for.

But when it turns into downright insulting an entire server based on the fact that the majority of us transferred from DYING servers. I wont sit here and listen to it. Not saying you ever said that. Just an example.

Or generalizing saying the whole server is crap because a few of us are spawn camping you. Thats barely a step above calling an entire server hackers based on the actions of once person.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

It is with great sadness that I want to announce that Win Everyday(WE) is moving from Darkhaven to Dragonbrand. We’ve been with Darkhaven since the release of the game(three of our commanders are among the first ten on the server), we have helped build up the server since the DHU alliance tore the heart out of Darkhaven’s WvW forces, we helped again after Darkhaven reached tier4 and was destroyed. But the situation for Darkhaven’s organic WvW scene is worse than ever before. After the DHU fiasco Darkhaven had RE, GoF, SE, HoT, HVN and WE ready to step in and rebuild."

Now? GoF is gone, SE is gone, HoT has more or less retired from WvW, HVN has folded, RE is leaving.

This would not be crippling for Darkhaven, if it had another group of guilds waiting in the wings to save the server. But it does not. I’ve watched closely, putting hours into WvW every single day since release. Guilds like Omen, DRoW, SoS all had potential to really aid Darkhaven’s WvW scene, but none have reached critical mass, and each has somewhat withdrawn from WvW.

WE have tried the alliance game. We’ve tried the server-community website. We’ve offered a public mumble to everyone on Darkhaven. There has been little to no response. We’ve coordinated and communicated with anyone and everyone on the server who are willing. And the vast bulk of the server doesn’t care. Their version of WvW is simple. Enter WvW and ask, “Where is the karma train?” If there is no karma train, leave WvW. Defend? Not a chance.

And we’re done trying. It isn’t worth it anymore. Darkhaven is a PVE server at heart. BURN, DHE, TRA and others all have hundreds of members, and have little to no desire to do WvW.

To that small band of loyal fighters(those who respond to defensive calls, and leave the karma train) we’re sorry to abandon you. Silverback, Skap, Togochubb, Lokii, Flint; Omen, DR, PD, EXE, PaK members, and a few others I’m sure I’m forgetting. We’re sorry. You guys all deserve so much better.

WE like working with you guys, and hope you’ll consider coming along to Dragonbrand.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/12-28-DH-DB-BP/page/2#post1106405

brief RE history. Something tells me when they finally meet a server with the same amount of ppl online for WvW (aka Dragonbrand), we’ll be seeing another one of these speeches, only from Kaineng. And that NEO alliance will be another DHU.

“Caliburn.1845:
Couple points.
1) When RE leaves, the last DH guild fielding 20+ numbers routinely in WvW will be gone. Saying the WvW scene on Darkhaven is dead is silly, saying that the organized WvW scene is dead, is accurate.”

Yes we left a dead server, we left a server that would not support us in WvW, no night time presence and very apparent lack of NA support as well. One NA guild can not keep an entire server up in T5+. What dont you understand buddy, our leave was not due to being evenly matched or coming across solid competition. Our leave was due to being the only large organized WvW guild left on an entire server period. We can not maintain that kind of expectation alone. We received no help, as noted in your quote, no PvE’ers cared enough to support us, the PUG’s were not learning as much as we tried, and I will tell you, we tried so hard, I remember too many nights were me and my guildies stayed in WvW for 12-16 hours, sacrificing sleep and a personal life for a dieing server with very little support. Dont you dare come here and slander us like this. You have no idea what your talking about, please just stop.

It was so bad, we sacrificed our time to have some presence for night time, so many hours being very much out manned, all the few of us could do is keep refreshing the siege and wait for the attack, that was our achievement for the day, was wait to get zerged by DB’s night time presence with less than 10 of us on the map at 3-4 AM, bunkered down in a keep waiting for them to come. This is not how we wanted to do WvW anymore.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in WvW

Posted by: Nina.4596

Nina.4596

I love it when u say, your guild was the only guild actually doing something in there. So Abyss/PD/DHE/Brazillian guilds is just chopped liver. GG.

It’s easier to be elite if you go to tier 8 and climb up, than to stay on a sinking ship and try to fix it back up.

(edited by Nina.4596)

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

I love it when u say, your guild was the only guild actually doing something in there. So Abyss/PD/DHE/Brazillian guilds is just chopped liver. GG.

Abyss was one commander, yes he was good, but PD/DHE, etc were just not large enough. We tried, we really did try, I tried so hard and put so many hours in. We asked for help, I am sorry for what happened, but I promise you we tried.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Abyss was one commander, yes he was good, but PD/DHE, etc were just not large enough. We tried, we really did try, I tried so hard and put so many hours in. We asked for help, I am sorry for what happened, but I promise you we tried.

I think I understand what Little’s trying to say…During the 3rd to last week of DR vs Kain vs FC, Kaineng put up a HUGE fight…we managed to -ALMOST- win vs DR…This was with 5-10 people each night holding our BL from 2-5 times their numbers. I know because I was the one commanding those 5-10 people each morning. Whatever people say about Vakat and his personality…me and him were able to hold our BL against incredible odds with the support of PUGs.

The problem?…During that week I had to put in nearly 80 hours of play…I couldn’t leave each night because there were too few numbers to protect the BL…if I left, it was near guaranteed we would lose everything by the time the other Commanders and such woke up. I was exhausted…I was upset…and I didn’t want to WvW. So the next week I said “Screw you all, I’m going on vacation.” The GL of KAIN agreed with me…moreover, he saw that our entire Guild had put in ridiculous man-hours and had been having to treat this game like a job rather than a game. So our Guild took a vacation from WvW to PvE and such. At the same time…SoS and KR did as well. More or less we “Gave up our BL and EB” for the week. The timing, however, was horrible as we had -JUST- formed an Alliance of Guilds…a group whose goal was to win…And WAR and iSpy did NOT like that we took the vacation, so they left. That is their right and I’m good with that…they had good reason.

During that down-time…Many of us considered leaving Kaineng…The only reason we didn’t?…Because DR would be gone soon. We knew that once DR left the fights would be better, there was something to look forward to. Right now I’m looking forward to each Friday, hoping each week that it’ll be better than the week before…But what did RE and so many others have to look forward to on their previous Servers?…Whatever -YOU- believe they had to look forward to…they didn’t see. When they looked forward all they could see was negative, so they left…and they came here. And now each Friday is an adventure, a day when we find out “How far will we go?!”

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Keep posting in this thread. All it shows is that DB is afraid of Kaineng so you have to come in here and do some forum pvp to troll us.

It’s really pretty sad. When we last fought DB while we were DH we had nothing but respect for each other.

Please stop. We do NOT know whether Kaineng or DB will win this fight, we won’t until the two Servers actually spend a week together. Both sides need to knock it off with the chest thumping. Kaineng will put every effort into crushing DB, and I expect DB will put every effort into crushing Kaineng, it wouldn’t be fun otherwise. So good luck to all sides!

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

This just deeply saddens me, literally, please stop…

I loved that server, and it did feel like a job for so long, we are very glad to have the support of more organized NA presence and a great if not the best night time presence. No need to make me remember these things again ok.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Nina.4596

Nina.4596

ill be transfering to whichever the 3rd server is, will be providing score updates. Lets hope WM guild can carry Kaineng against the Dragon.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

This thread has gone from funny to depressing. /puts down the popcorn

DH was left b/c it was a PvE server. Literally 95% of the population was PvE. Both [DE] and [RE] could attest to this simple fact.

While you can call people bandwagoners all you want yelling at people for wanting to form a like-minded community of players makes no sense at all. You might as well point and scream when a family moves to Colorado because they like to ski.

In WoW hardcore raiders tended to gravitate towards hardcore raiding servers. PvPers sat on PvP servers. GW2 has no WvW only servers, so some of us decided to work on making the next best thing. Yeah, we could’ve gone up to JQ… but we would just be profiting from the work of others, like being carried through 25 man heroic raids. Where’s the fun in that?

So the first few weeks were easy, soon we’ll have our first challenge. I assure that the first 100 of us that transfered did so when Kaineng was the bottom of the bottom tier and didn’t expect an easy ride up. We liked the place.

WM transferring a week or two later was a really nice boon but we don’t expect to be carried either way. Yeah, WM could randomly decide to leave, we’d still be here. When it comes down to it WM is only 100-150 people and we don’t expect them to carry several thousand people. I’m friends with a few ppl in WM and know for a fact that they are dedicated, organized and on point. Even so, it will take the WHOLE server to work together in the coming tiers.

Therein lies the strength of Kaineng, its whole community.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

This thread has gone from funny to depressing. /puts down the popcorn

DH was left b/c it was a PvE server. Literally 95% of the population was PvE. Both [DE] and [RE] could attest to this simple fact.

While you can call people bandwagoners all you want yelling at people for wanting to form a like-minded community of players makes no sense at all. You might as well point and scream when a family moves to Colorado because they like to ski.

In WoW hardcore raiders tended to gravitate towards hardcore raiding servers. PvPers sat on PvP servers. GW2 has no WvW only servers, so some of us decided to work on making the next best thing. Yeah, we could’ve gone up to JQ… but we would just be profiting from the work of others, like being carried through 25 man heroic raids. Where’s the fun in that?

So the first few weeks were easy, soon we’ll have our first challenge. I assure that the first 100 of us that transfered did so when Kaineng was the bottom of the bottom tier and didn’t expect an easy ride up. We liked the place.

WM transferring a week or two later was a really nice boon but we don’t expect to be carried either way. Yeah, WM could randomly decide to leave, we’d still be here. When it comes down to it WM is only 100-150 people and we don’t expect them to carry several thousand people. I’m friends with a few ppl in WM and know for a fact that they are dedicated, organized and on point. Even so, it will take the WHOLE server to work together in the coming tiers.

Therein lies the strength of Kaineng, its whole community.

Pretty much this. I expect we’ll probably lose a few matches as the server adjusts to not constantly face rolling. But with the numbers and community locked in my paid transfers over time I think we’ll only get better.

Im sorry everyone is so angered by the disruption our transfers have caused. But you gotta keep in mind its only temporary.

Now can we please keep this topic friendly? Not worth getting infractions over a pointless argument.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

Well, in direct opposition to what i said a few minutes ago, here is the battle of cliffside round 4

DR pulled a fast one on the kain zerg, starting the breakout and capping the tower while the majority of the enemy were camping the west side of our spawn. We did our best to set up with only around 10 people inside, but were unable to prevent the construction of 3 catapults. The same wall as the last times was breached, but the meagre remnants of our earlier force were unable to hold back the full force of Kaineng.

DR are happy with capping a tower, but at this point its no longer an epic battle.
This will be the last time i post on us capping cliffside for today, as if we do we’ll likely just get rolled within 10 minutes

Good luck out there everyone

It’s good to know at least some people are still finding fun in a match-up like this, it helps balance out all the unnecessary insults in this thread. I was lucky enough to have a good fight against a small DR zerg in the EB BL yesterday. Myself and about 10 other random people from kaineng were trying to take back sunnyhill. We went back and forth with direct assaults a few times before switching tactics to long range by setting up a treb in garrison. Unfortunately we only got the wall down to about 10% before a larger group with a commander showed up and steamrolled the tower, but it was fun while it lasted.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

in WvW

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

Funny to browse through comments that show bitterness towards their fellow players. Hey I understand everyone is so passionate about their wuvwuv but snidey remarks won’t get your servers anywhere.
Let me lay it down for you as this is what’s gonna happen next week, Kaineng is gonna roll through T4, then it might hover a couple weeks in T3 depending on some factors while getting it’s glicko up for the eventual move to T2 where the server will eventually plateau. So to kaineng’s detractors, sorry to break it to you but your wish will have to wait a while because kaineng, as things look now, is upward bound. This on top of some guilds not having their full force in the server yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

Hey guys,

we just want to remind you, that you should refrain from personal attacks and exploit reports on these forums. As there was a lot of cleaning up to do in this thread we decided that further violations of our forum code of conduct may lead to a lock on the topic.

For more information on the topic and clarification why exploit reports are a violation of our code of conduct you may be interested in reading the following thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-sub-forum-rules-reminder/ .

Thanks for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator.3964)

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

To the issue concerning my guild I want you to know it has been taken care of. CNB will not tolerate hackers. ^-^

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

To our [RE] folks – Kaineng wants you here. You guys are doing a great job, as are [WM], [CO], etc. I notice that every time someone posts an attack against [RE] and your time on DH, you rise to the bait and post the same things. Kaineng knows and understands what you went through – Kaineng went through a similar phase.

Bottom line, I would recommend that you let these detractors post whatever they want and not give them the satisfaction of a reply. After all, who cares? The people that matter, those of us fighting side by side with you, know all of the great things you guys are doing. For all of us. Keep doing what you’re doing for our server, and I’ll go back to my first sentence of this post and what really matters: The vast majority of Kaineng wants you here. Everyone else is fluff and inconsequential.

Speaking of things you do for our server… It’s FC night! :-D

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Ninya.3942

Ninya.3942

It is with great sadness that I want to announce that Win Everyday(WE) is moving from Darkhaven to Dragonbrand. We’ve been with Darkhaven since the release of the game(three of our commanders are among the first ten on the server), we have helped build up the server since the DHU alliance tore the heart out of Darkhaven’s WvW forces, we helped again after Darkhaven reached tier4 and was destroyed. But the situation for Darkhaven’s organic WvW scene is worse than ever before. After the DHU fiasco Darkhaven had RE, GoF, SE, HoT, HVN and WE ready to step in and rebuild.

Now? GoF is gone, SE is gone, HoT has more or less retired from WvW, HVN has folded, RE is leaving.

This would not be crippling for Darkhaven, if it had another group of guilds waiting in the wings to save the server. But it does not. I’ve watched closely, putting hours into WvW every single day since release. Guilds like Omen, DRoW, SoS all had potential to really aid Darkhaven’s WvW scene, but none have reached critical mass, and each has somewhat withdrawn from WvW.

WE have tried the alliance game. We’ve tried the server-community website. We’ve offered a public mumble to everyone on Darkhaven. There has been little to no response. We’ve coordinated and communicated with anyone and everyone on the server who are willing. And the vast bulk of the server doesn’t care. Their version of WvW is simple. Enter WvW and ask, “Where is the karma train?” If there is no karma train, leave WvW. Defend? Not a chance.

And we’re done trying. It isn’t worth it anymore. Darkhaven is a PVE server at heart. BURN, DHE, TRA and others all have hundreds of members, and have little to no desire to do WvW.

To that small band of loyal fighters(those who respond to defensive calls, and leave the karma train) we’re sorry to abandon you. Silverback, Skap, Togochubb, Lokii, Flint; Omen, DR, PD, EXE, PaK members, and a few others I’m sure I’m forgetting. We’re sorry. You guys all deserve so much better.

WE like working with you guys, and hope you’ll consider coming along to Dragonbrand.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/12-28-DH-DB-BP/page/2#post1106405

brief RE history. Something tells me when they finally meet a server with the same amount of ppl online for WvW (aka Dragonbrand), we’ll be seeing another one of these speeches, only from Kaineng. And that NEO alliance will be another DHU.

You accuse us of going to DB (which we never did as a guild, though I’m sure some went there for map completion) and then use a post by WE as evidence? We were never formal members of DHU, just fyi. That thing was flawed from the start.

Keep it up keyboard warriors, this thread has gone from funny to sad

Elementalist Class Lead
Rethesis [RE] – Tarnished Coast
http://rethesis.com/

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Very fair summation of what happenned back then Stormwolf well said.

War/iSPY didnt like the decision, felt the need to seek a place where the other WvW guilds wouldnt just up and quit due to exhaustion, low morale, whatever.

I would add tho, that we could ahve won that week… it was VERY close.. but Chaster and SoS decided very early in the match that it was pointless… (Chaster is an awesome guy and we would never hold it against him) it was the week afterwards when KR/Kain also decided to take the week off.

War/iSPY understood why… to put that many hours in is just insane. We had some of our people putting the same in to WvW as well. While we decided to regulate our time in-game, the other wvw guilds mentioned to go cold turkey LOL.

We knew DR was gunna leave the tier8 also. We didnt look forward to a future where we, without transfers, would just bounce back and forth between Tier8/7 as the dominant Tier8 and dominated Tier7 with Hod/ET falling in ranks at the time. Little did we know Tier7 was not what everyone thought it would be once DR got there and wrecked it. DR/Kain/FC were def not Tier8 servers, just stuck there keeping each other there due to week after week having such close matches and none of us gaining much rank fast enough to get out of tier8.

Alot of that forecasting is what helped make our decision to go back to Dragonbrand.

Next week Kaineng will most likely be facing Dragonbrand. War/iSPY has since merged into Warsworn [WAR], we might open up iSPY in future if we reach the 450 capacity for WAR.

Some old school kaineng might remember [KREW] from BP when they used to trounce us back in tier8 …. well they are on DB now and we work with them often during NA primetime, and they have grown alot since those days.

Some of the old kaineng might also remeber [PRO] from DR. Well they are also on DB now… we run with them and have put aside our old differences and work very wll together now and often share same ts3 server during primetime.

Some of the old kaineng might also remember [GASM] from DR. Well they are aldo on DB as well. We also work with them quite a but during Na Primetime.

DB has other guilds such as [WE] who came from Darkhaven same as [RE] did. So in that we will see yet another reunion so to speak.

DB has many other NA guilds you will come to respect im sure such as [EA] – elephant ambush and [UhOh]. 2 great NA guilds.

We all work very well together, zero drama.

Im sure our Asian/.Oceanic guilds, notably [NNK] will look forward to fighting the infamous WM and saying hello to fellow Taiwanese SoS/Chaster!!

Next weeks DB/Kain/YB fight will be a very very very fun fight regardless who wins or loses. Alot of familar guilds who once shared the same server will now be fighting against each other on opposite sides. Old Foes will return for a rematch. And you get to meet our new freinds!

Cant wait to be matched against Kaineng, see you guys on the battlefield.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Not sure what my month old post about WE leaving DH has to do with a Kain/DR/EBay match-up thread or Rethesis. But just because I’m anal about getting history right let me clarify a few things.

DHU was the first major alliance on DH, their major wvw guilds moved servers within a month of the game’s release. RE, nor WE was ever a part of this alliance. Guilds in this alliance scattered. Defiance(RUN) last I heard is on TC, while FMC transferred to SoR. Purple Dragons is on FA.

DHA was the second major alliance on DH. Ethersin and RE were briefly in this alliance until there was some sort of argument between Ethersin and Seal the Deal of HVN.

Of the DH guilds that have moved servers in the past six weeks. Rethesis went to Kaineng, Win Everyday went to DB, Get of Fenris went to CD and now Blackgate. HoT went to SBI. Side Effect(not 100% sure on this) went to JQ, then NSP, then Kaineng, where it split up. The bulk of its members under Kiridono formed DE which recently merged into RE. Prosecute reforged Side Effect and went back to Darkhaven.

And that is the simplified story of Darkhaven’s orphans as accurately as I know it. Trakittenalk and troll us if you must, but at least get the details right.:)

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

Not sure what my month old post about WE leaving DH has to do with a Kain/DR/EBay match-up thread or Rethesis. But just because I’m anal about getting history right let me clarify a few things.

DHU was the first major alliance on DH, their major wvw guilds moved servers within a month of the game’s release. RE, nor WE was ever a part of this alliance. Guilds in this alliance scattered. Defiance(RUN) last I heard is on TC, while FMC transferred to SoR. Purple Dragons is on FA.

DHA was the second major alliance on DH. Ethersin and RE were briefly in this alliance until there was some sort of argument between Ethersin and Seal the Deal of HVN.

Of the DH guilds that have moved servers in the past six weeks. Rethesis went to Kaineng, Win Everyday went to DB, Get of Fenris went to CD and now Blackgate. HoT went to SBI. Side Effect(not 100% sure on this) went to JQ, then NSP, then Kaineng, where it split up. The bulk of its members under Kiridono formed DE which recently merged into RE. Prosecute reforged Side Effect and went back to Darkhaven.

And that is the simplified story of Darkhaven’s orphans as accurately as I know it. Trakittenalk and troll us if you must, but at least get the details right.:)

A little further clarification. The bulk of SE actually transfered from DH directly to Kaineng where we shifted the tag to DE. Prosecute and his 10ish then proceeded to move to NSP, then back to DH. No idea where this JQ thing came up but we weren’t there, maybe one or two got bored for a week?

DE did recently merge into RE but as most of the server considered us one entity and we generally acted as such that’s not really news.

On a happier note: I am off to form a RP guild named “Darkhaven Orphans” All members must use the “Been there. Done that.” title. LOL sorry had to…

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

To our [RE] folks – Kaineng wants you here. You guys are doing a great job, as are [WM], [CO], etc. I notice that every time someone posts an attack against [RE] and your time on DH, you rise to the bait and post the same things. Kaineng knows and understands what you went through – Kaineng went through a similar phase.

Bottom line, I would recommend that you let these detractors post whatever they want and not give them the satisfaction of a reply. After all, who cares? The people that matter, those of us fighting side by side with you, know all of the great things you guys are doing. For all of us. Keep doing what you’re doing for our server, and I’ll go back to my first sentence of this post and what really matters: The vast majority of Kaineng wants you here. Everyone else is fluff and inconsequential.

Speaking of things you do for our server… It’s FC night! :-D

Ty Eve, we love being here. We just can’t help ourselves sometimes, I suppose. Human nature, we see our friends being ganged up on and…well you know the rest. Obviously we need more fight nights to relieve the tension. ^.^

You forgot the first rule of Fight Club!

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Ty Eve, we love being here. We just can’t help ourselves sometimes, I suppose. Human nature, we see our friends being ganged up on and…well you know the rest. Obviously we need more fight nights to relieve the tension. ^.^

You forgot the first rule of Fight Club!

Oh, sorry – what I really meant by “FC” was Ferg’s Crossing. Uh, yeah, that’s it.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

On a happier note: I am off to form a RP guild named “Darkhaven Orphans” All members must use the “Been there. Done that.” title. LOL sorry had to…

LOL xD Love you Aurora <3 Can I get in on that guild? I don’t have the title yet, but I can be a mascot

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Oh no I’m just laughing because we actually didn’t do too badly last week compared to the tier above us.

But xfer servers do die. Very rarely do they hold together.
Especially once you hit a brick wall and the PvD wins stop.

N0o0o0o0o Don’t make me pay ;_; I need that money for bread.

Now this makes me feel alot better and has restored my faith in humanity. I saw that your tier is really close this week, you guys must be having a ball. I’m envious.

Can’t argue about transfer servers either – there are always exceptions, though, and given how well our large transfers fit in with our population, I think/hope we’ll be the exception to that rule.

As to your bet… I hope you lose, but even if you win, we’ll still be happy here on Kaineng (as long as we get some good fights!).

Not really close in my eyes this week.
Was on this morning for a few hours and it was like curb stomping. No offence to any AR or BP reading this. Or even NSP.
Because if I could clone myself and have a couple of me on 24hours of the day? I reckon we could easy breeze through.
Lack of good Commanders and too many potatoes.

For a guy that spent the week we fought against him and his guild continually zerging around like a well trained grunt, constantly getting his feet cut out from under him because his flanks were never watched properly; its ironic that he mentions ‘lack of good commanders’ in most of his posts.

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

Snip

Snip

Was on this morning for a few hours and it was like curb stomping. No offence to any AR or BP reading this. Or even NSP.
Because if I could clone myself and have a couple of me on 24hours of the day? I reckon we could easy breeze through.

For a guy that spent the week we fought against him and his guild continually zerging around like a well trained grunt, constantly getting his feet cut out from under him because his flanks were never watched properly; its ironic that he mentions ‘lack of good commanders’ in most of his posts.

Hey Rob is a cool dude, he’s put in a lot of man hours for NSP. Why so much hate? Did he kill you?

This thread needs more of this epicness! Check out the battle ship at 4:30.

@GuildWars2

WvW from a different angle, when you leave HC sieging guilds to their own devices on an RP server: http://ow.ly/h5mKs #GW2 #PikenSq ^AT

(edited by DarkElvenChic.2618)

in WvW

Posted by: Swansong.8514

Swansong.8514

A thank you note
I have never posted to these forums but I would like to thank the DR elementalist from Huisares de la Muerte for the lessons… I must have died 8 times for them but I think I am getting the jist on the bunker ele. Thank you again… Sorry you have to sit up on the Citadel cliffs and stare at me… It was a good lesson… thank you.

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Snip

Snip

Hey Rob is a cool dude, he’s put in a lot of man hours for NSP. Why so much hate? Did he kill you?

This thread needs more of this epicness! Check out the battle ship at 4:30.

@GuildWars2

WvW from a different angle, when you leave HC sieging guilds to their own devices on an RP server: http://ow.ly/h5mKs #GW2 #PikenSq ^AT

Nah, commanders we find always get focused down and was the same case here. We do this for three reasons.

1) Most commanders can’t fight and command at the same time.
2) Most commanders demand revives even when stomped, which pulls players from the fight
3) Most uncoordinated groups zerg revive stomped commanders, which also pulls players from the fight

Also when we fought him, his posts were usually “Os guild is here, you’re all goin’ down! Bring it! (etc, etc)” So we brought it, and his posts never really changed =P

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

It looks like CD will be Kaineng’s next opponent rather than DB. CD has already lost several guilds in the last couple of days and some of their players are describing the situation as an exodus. Even if it’s not as bad as SBI/IoJ, Kaineng will be winning their T4 match by a landslide.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Ninya.3942

@Arcadio, it’s pretty close. We’ll see how it plays out over the next 1.5 days.

Elementalist Class Lead

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

It looks like CD will be Kaineng’s next opponent rather than DB. CD has already lost several guilds in the last couple of days and some of their players are describing the situation as an exodus. Even if it’s not as bad as SBI/IoJ, Kaineng will be winning their T4 match by a landslide.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Yes it does seem so. I have personally been waiting for CD/YB, I hear they are not as strong as the YB and CD my guild has fought before but it does not matter, these two servers were a large part of making me pull my hair out LOL.

GLYB and CD, not sure if I will see the same 50 man zergs again but if I do it should be even this time around Much respect and will be an honor to fight you two on the battlefield again

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Moonlite.7536

Moonlite.7536

I don’t think you guys will get the matchup you’re looking for next week… CD is now expected to join you guys in tier 4 along with Yaks but it’s not friday yet anything could happen. Maguuma waits for the day to meet Kaineng and to EBay and DR don’t give up stay strong. It’s tough times in blowouts where you find what ppl really make a server.

Moon Lite – Officer of Digital Villains (DV)
Maguuma

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

It’s okay! See this one time at WvW camp…CD lined every spawn exit in EB with siege and…well…leggo boys!

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

2) Most commanders demand revives even when stomped, which pulls players from the fight

Funny, on Maguuma my experience is quite the opposite…commanders on Mumble are yelling for people not to revive because it’s a waste of time. People do it anyway, of course…

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Need confirmation that the person replying in the comments to the youtube movie below is the actual leader of War Machine. If so, wow…

This is a collection of some relatively even numbered fights against WM. Obviously, there is no way we could straight up compete with WM when they have their full complement.

AD/BSty/LARP/NoQQ is usually running in the 10man range during primetime. We top out around 15. So, I’m fairly confident we’ve never been beaten 10v40 over and over and over as the (fake?) leader of WM claims.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Funny, on Maguuma my experience is quite the opposite…commanders on Mumble are yelling for people not to revive because it’s a waste of time. People do it anyway, of course…

I think this applies to all servers. People sometimes just do things regardless of purpose. The same as people in wvw have varying skill level. I read through the countless attacks at RE above, and yeah kinda upsetting. The guild is not comprised of 10-20 or 30 people alone. It’s not some elitest guild. We have some very skilled players, and some newer players. Hell we’re trying to help and provide some base knowledge to these guys nightly as they get deeper in the game. It is however a very large guild. People don’t seem to put 2 + 2 together.

Times like that where I respect other guilds on kaineng who decide it’s better off not to openly discuss with the other servers on the forums, because internally on the server … people are great. Here … not so much, I would expect a little better, especially from the leaders of all the opposing guilds. Many have high respect for opponents, and I thought the purpose of the 3 server threads is catered towards these people providing some form of constructive feedback. Not I got badges, kthxbye.

I find it very intriguing to see other servers from outside this matchup, who maintain this level of discussion… many kaineng people who are providing open compliments to opposition… but those postings are convoluted by a lot of immaturity. I see a few that have been good contributions from EB and DR. But more or less, there are far too many posting some form of self inflated ego booster or random attack. Not singling anyone out here, just trying to point out the obvious and keep a level of maturity so we can actually have some constructive conversations.

We all like battle right? Noctai … new batch of popcorn please

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’m confused as to how that was a reply to me.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

It wasn’t… it’s 2 fold. Pugs and random players will do what they want. And the entire page prior to your post (catching up), was trash.

So common things:

1. Players do what they want under the heat of battle. Including res’ing taking away from output

2. We and many guilds on all servers have variety of players with differing skill levels.

3. Can we talk constructive on actual wvw in this thread, open for criticisms, just offer some level of ideas/suggestions to help. Also retain some server to server respect please. <<—- asked nicely

4… didn’t include this, but add images if your from mag’s … I always love the humor, I’m sure many do.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Well, as we’ve mentioned more than once, Maguuma has the best rank and file (PUGs) that we’ve encountered so far. We will be pulling for Mag when you run into Kaineng.

I’m pretty sure that Mag will beat Kaineng in traditional open field fights. I’m not sure how Mag will do against the 40man mobile zergballs that abuse culling, the AoE cap code, and lag your client when they hit.

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Go to rule # 3

in WvW

Ninya.3942

I like how angry you got in that video. “Don’t want to hear kitten cause they did come after us”? When does anyone come on here talking about us other than you guys? lol /popcorn

Elementalist Class Lead

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Need confirmation that the person replying in the comments to the youtube movie below is the actual leader of War Machine. If so, wow…

This is a collection of some relatively even numbered fights against WM. Obviously, there is no way we could straight up compete with WM when they have their full complement.

AD/BSty/LARP/NoQQ is usually running in the 10man range during primetime. We top out around 15. So, I’m fairly confident we’ve never been beaten 10v40 over and over and over as the (fake?) leader of WM claims.

Favorite parts of the video:

- When you started picking up loot bags so people wouldn’t cry over them being neglected :v
- “WAR MACHIIIIIINE”
- “I am sick and tired of this” followed by JI into the crowd
- Randomly jumping around in the middle of fights

Well, as we’ve mentioned more than once, Maguuma has the best rank and file (PUGs) that we’ve encountered so far. We will be pulling for Mag when you run into Kaineng.

I’m pretty sure that Mag will beat Kaineng in traditional open field fights. I’m not sure how Mag will do against the 40man mobile zergballs that abuse culling, the AoE cap code, and lag your client when they hit.

Haha, we’ll see…next week should whip us back into shape. We’ve gotten pretty lazy.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I like how angry you got in that video. “Don’t want to hear kitten cause they did come after us”? When does anyone come on here talking about us other than you guys? lol /popcorn

What happened there was we went to investigate orange swords and came across a large group at the windmill. We saw them, they saw us. We decided to leave since we figured it was either fight club or a training session of some type.

So, as we were leaving we run across a guild group from EB who decides not to engage and runs from us. We noticed a Kaineng PUG to the right and hit them. That is when several WM and RE tried to hit us from behind. They came from the windmill. After we killed them, we went to the windmill to kill the ones that didn’t chase us.

Now, it’s pretty common on multiple servers to complain when someone interrupts their fight club or training sessions. I felt we were justified in going there to kill them since they came after us first. We were going to leave them alone.

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

Having caught up on and reviewed the thread, there’s a purely theoretical question that won’t leave my mind:

Is it, in fact, good game design to let guilds migrate down? To transfer from high-ranking PvP servers to lower-ranking ones? Never mind that it’s probably impossible to stop if you allow server moves at all, how much of this week’s drama was created by this one design decision?

Having all these high-ranking guilds deliberately drop all the way down to the bottom of the WvW ratings and work their way up again feels, to me, like it griefed a whole lot of people. It guaranteed them a steady stream of opponents who could do nothing but feed them free XP and free loot bags, while costing those opponents more in armor repairs (on top of anything else) than they could possibly earn back. That seems, to my admittedly very limited perspective, to be the source of a lot of QQing: that a lot of us who aren’t on Kaineng feel like it was an abuse of the match-up system to expect us to fight these guys, like having a world heavyweight boxing contender show up at your local gym and go all-out on the local players because he needs some easy wins to boost his confidence or his career stats or something, like having an NFL team practice on a Pee Wee league team.

I’ve only barely thought about this enough to realize that it’s probably not stoppable. Even if you only allowed people in guilds on high-ranked servers to transfer laterally or up, they’d just quit the guild, then transfer, right? It’s not like you could tag every account with a lifetime WvW score, could you, and lock them from transferring to servers full of noobs? Right? I’m not being sarcastic here, I’m thinking out loud; this is the best I could come up with, and I feel like there are probably easily poked holes in the design.

That being said, a question: if you transferred to a tier-15 server from a tier-4 server in hopes of building a WvW culture from the ground up? Why didn’t you, instead, transfer to a tier 1 or tier 2 server where such a culture already existed? What was the appeal of being a big fish in a small pond?

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

That being said, a question: if you transferred to a tier-15 server from a tier-4 server in hopes of building a WvW culture from the ground up? Why didn’t you, instead, transfer to a tier 1 or tier 2 server where such a culture already existed? What was the appeal of being a big fish in a small pond?

One large factor for them was Server size. They would’ve had huge issues transferring to any “Upper Tier” at the time due to it’s Server Population. Currently, I believe Kaineng has the highest WvW:PvE Population.

in WvW

Posted by: Vilkata.4725

Vilkata.4725

I think the main issue is that the T1 & T2 servers were already full (or mostly full) and that a large part of that population was PvE rather than WvW, so if you transfer to a small server it can be filled mostly with WvW players more easily. This is just a guess though, I’ve been on Kaineng since day 1 and my guild only has 2 people in it, so I could be completely wrong.

It guaranteed them a steady stream of opponents who could do nothing but feed them free XP and free loot bags, while costing those opponents more in armor repairs

The way our opponents talk Kaineng is handing out free XP and loot bags because apparently our PUGs are soap-eating morons that can barely dress themselves, so I don’t see why they’re complaining.

Leader of The Quiddity [Quid]
Everything is a Nemesis plot.

(edited by Vilkata.4725)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

There are a lot of servers between T2 and T8. I don’t buy it.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Having caught up on and reviewed the thread, there’s a purely theoretical question that won’t leave my mind:

Is it, in fact, good game design to let guilds migrate down? To transfer from high-ranking PvP servers to lower-ranking ones? Never mind that it’s probably impossible to stop if you allow server moves at all, how much of this week’s drama was created by this one design decision?

Having all these high-ranking guilds deliberately drop all the way down to the bottom of the WvW ratings and work their way up again feels, to me, like it griefed a whole lot of people. It guaranteed them a steady stream of opponents who could do nothing but feed them free XP and free loot bags, while costing those opponents more in armor repairs (on top of anything else) than they could possibly earn back. That seems, to my admittedly very limited perspective, to be the source of a lot of QQing: that a lot of us who aren’t on Kaineng feel like it was an abuse of the match-up system to expect us to fight these guys, like having a world heavyweight boxing contender show up at your local gym and go all-out on the local players because he needs some easy wins to boost his confidence or his career stats or something, like having an NFL team practice on a Pee Wee league team.

I’ve only barely thought about this enough to realize that it’s probably not stoppable. Even if you only allowed people in guilds on high-ranked servers to transfer laterally or up, they’d just quit the guild, then transfer, right? It’s not like you could tag every account with a lifetime WvW score, could you, and lock them from transferring to servers full of noobs? Right? I’m not being sarcastic here, I’m thinking out loud; this is the best I could come up with, and I feel like there are probably easily poked holes in the design.

I think it is good game design to encourage good guilds to move to the losing side. But allow them to move to the very bottom maybe is not such a good idea as it kills the fun for lower ranked servers for at least a week. One thing you are wrong about is the xp badge thing. You farm far more karma / xp/ badge on the side that’s been zerged rather than the zerging side. When Kain was getting zerged by DR I was solo farming supply camps none stop it’s like free badges and karma 24/7 when ever I wanted some. Now I don’t even bother wvw with main anymore cause you have to run 5 mins just to fight with 50 other kain players for that 1 guy we are zerging.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

There are a lot of servers between T2 and T8. I don’t buy it.

And they(not WM…WM had it’s reasons to go to Kaineng, including a long history with us.) sent scouts to a NUMBER of different places. I don’t really care what you do/do not “buy”…There were Scouts for these Guilds on other Servers, but the final choice they made was Kaineng, because when they got here all they had was support. They chose Kaineng because it was the place they felt welcome and at home…What else matters?

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

What happened there was we went to investigate orange swords and came across a large group at the windmill. We saw them, they saw us. We decided to leave since we figured it was either fight club or a training session of some type.

So, as we were leaving we run across a guild group from EB who decides not to engage and runs from us. We noticed a Kaineng PUG to the right and hit them. That is when several WM and RE tried to hit us from behind. They came from the windmill. After we killed them, we went to the windmill to kill the ones that didn’t chase us.

Now, it’s pretty common on multiple servers to complain when someone interrupts their fight club or training sessions. I felt we were justified in going there to kill them since they came after us first. We were going to leave them alone.

The guys that didn’t chase you were afk or chitchatting…I came back from tabbed out at a GvG to “woah I’m being hit my a necro” …I dodged off my seat to check the situation. That is, to make sure I didn’t kill other spectators by mistake hitting the necro back and I was promptly spiked to death.

So yeah, no, didn’t come after you first, gg.

On a related topic it was worth the repair bill to watch that GvG.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hex, we’re on popcorn batch 30, that’s almost as many cups of coffee as I have on a good reset night! You want the yummy flavors or straight up, man?