1/11/13 CD, IoJ, FA (Round 4)

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

As of this morning, the score discrepancy between IoJ and FA had gotten to a point where IoJ will fall to third place if the current scores remain the same to the end of the week. Step it up, IoJ. We’re missing you out there.

FA is a very consistent server because we’ve been in third place for so long. We’ll see if it pulls more of our players out to fight when they realize we’re movin up. Then we’ll be giving CD a run for their money

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

Bah. Carebear forum rules. Everybody line up infront of smc gate and ready your carebear stare. We can take this castle with love and compassion. As for the cheaters, they get extra love and compassion for being naughty. Nothing makes a naughty person nice like a warm tender hug. Come here Hekatombaion.4320. Lionheart has something special for you.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

With IoJ being full most of the time, don’t you think it’s hard to find transfers? Why not tap into the PVE population? They’ve been holding your server back from big transfers, btw. Maybe it’s time to do some educating on why they should start WvW-ing.

Pretty much this.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

Bah. Carebear forum rules. Everybody line up infront of smc gate and ready your carebear stare. We can take this castle with love and compassion. As for the cheaters, they get extra love and compassion for being naughty. Nothing makes a naughty person nice like a warm tender hug. Come here Hekatombaion.4320. Lionheart has something special for you.

I’m not sure I get what you’re talking about.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Most people use it to refer to a group of people that outnumber their opponents to the point that gear and strategy is rendered meaningless.

Hahaha, no they kittening don’t.
Most people use it to refer to a group big enough that their personal gear and strategy might fail.

I didn’t think you were changing your definition from “a group of people with no VoiP, have no communication and strive for the same objective; to fight and be useless.” The new definition you are employing certainly does fall in line with mine, I’m glad you could agree. You might note that your original definition of Zerg is in fact far more scathing on a rather peculiar basis, essentially focused on the use of VoIP.

The term comes … starcraft, in which Zerg … make up for having weaker overall units by having more of them… they are also essentially mindless insects … it is frequently considered an insult to accuse your opponents of “Zerging.”

That last bit is what’s important- we’re petty people so naturally we insult our opponents at every opportunity. We beat you? You’re weak. You beat us? kitten zerglings just ran us over with numbers but we know we’re better than them player for player.

I’d put the average pug commander on level with most of the cerebrates that you beat up in the original game’s campaign. It just took the proper strategist and some elite soldiers to perform surgical strikes on them (no seriously, pugs turn tail and run really fast when their commander is dead. That’s why we don’t ((usually)) chew each other out for wasting time focusing folks with the tag.)

That’s an interesting description to ascribe to your opponents. I certainly hope you haven’t taken so much offense at the relatively innocuous comments in this thread, so I’ll assume your description of “petty cerebrates” was in jest rather than a knee jerk reaction. Personally, if I were to make fun of my own server, I would ignore the obvious myth that most players watch their mini-map and keep track of their surroundings, and instead I would make light of the fact that our overprivleged PvE server hits the 10 tag per map cap on a regular basis.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Score + map update

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: PetaC.4091

PetaC.4091

It seems FA has learned the ways of the siege boat using it to take bay the Bay keep in their borderlands before we promptly took it back…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t think I understand the points system correctly. Can someone explain? Pretty much everytime I checked for the last 36hours, IoJ has had slightly more contested areas, but FA has increased the lead by almost 4k during that period. What else is used to calculate server score?

in WvW

Posted by: wolf.1895

wolf.1895

I don’t think I understand the points system correctly. Can someone explain? Pretty much everytime I checked for the last 36hours, IoJ has had slightly more contested areas, but FA has increased the lead by almost 4k during that period. What else is used to calculate server score?

Dolyak & Sentry kills grant points

Using the point tick timer to your advantage is also key.

Synco // Retired Guild leader of TERROR [TG] #1 GvG Guild NA Post-HoT
Maguuma Server Dictator

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

I’m not sure I get what you’re talking about.

I am trying a character assassination on you with a carebear stare. Read the forum rules sticky and you’ll get it. You troll a lot so you seem like an obvious target.

in WvW

Hekatombaion.4320

That’s an interesting description to ascribe to your opponents. I certainly hope you haven’t taken so much offense at the relatively innocuous comments in this thread, so I’ll assume your description of “petty cerebrates” was in jest rather than a knee jerk reaction. Personally, if I were to make fun of my own server, I would ignore the obvious myth that most players watch their mini-map and keep track of their surroundings, and instead I would make light of the fact that our overprivleged PvE server hits the 10 tag per map cap on a regular basis.

I didn’t give an earlier definition. The guy that did has a name kind of similar to mine though.

I think I’d stand by the cerebrates thing for players that aren’t using voip though, or at least in a WvW guild that’s trying to be good at this stuff (though my instincts say that there’s 99% overlap between those two categories.)
The cerebrates weren’t bad per se, they were just spending the bulk of their time keeping the swarms together instead of letting them fall apart and sit idle while important “world map” objectives were going on.

But kill those and the roaches scatter (oh-wait-those-are-from-the-second-game.)
I’m not really dissing any particular server, it is just a terrible experience trying to get a lot of people to follow typed commands- or your server has already won and you can just run karma trains that just wins with numbers; no real strategy besides “shoot at everything and tunnel vision on gates we’re ramming.”

There’s simply a lot more you can do when you actually care to do more that a 1v1 build and basically only contribute your autoattacks to getting into towers/keeps. You can play this like it’s a single player game or you can upgrade to a hero unit that actually is more useful in group combat.

But most players don’t even want to learn the sPvP stuff that’s useful in WvW.

Dolyak & Sentry kills grant points

Using the point tick timer to your advantage is also key.

You also get points when dolyaks hit a door (maybe with an extra condition that’s harder to nail down.)
I’d say most of the score gap is probably from hours when sostronk isn’t looking. FA has a pretty big surge of players after midnight so they could easily be creating much of the spread during odd times of day.
Likewise the other sources of points aren’t something you’d expect to see a lot of activity on if they’re not actively trying to capture a lot of PoIs.

I am trying a character assassination on you with a carebear stare. Read the forum rules sticky and you’ll get it. You troll a lot so you seem like an obvious target.

“Do not engage in personal attacks against forum members or in character assassination.”

I think what they actually prefer is that you click the report button when I behave inappropriately, largely because if they decide to infract me they still have to remove your character snipe post. Seriously, they don’t want the forums filling up with posts about who deserves to be banned.

As for me being a troll: I mainly try to supply useful information, dispel rumors, and be kind of funny about the competition stuff. A lot of the time I totally botch the last one.
Whether it seemed funnier in my head or I’m doing Freudian slips and such, I just don’t quite get it right every time.

I think the big problem is the volume of it all, so I’m planning on throttling back to only responding to two or maybe three posts in any one go. Sound good and not-troll-y?

I’d quote the villain from the second care bears movie after they make him care but I can’t find it (it would have been funny, I’m sure of it!)

(edited by Hekatombaion.4320)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

taken just now. still think CD leading because of the number ?

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Just to point out from your ss, GoM and DH are also full and they are T6. SoR is “very high” and leading T2. Server population has little to do with WvW representation.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Server population =/= active WvW community population

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

very high or not u guys have an active wvw community, we don’t today we wer outnumbered and even outmanned pretty much the whole day and kept being pushed over and over by a huge CD zerg and IOJ at the same time.It looked like IOJs whole server was in FA at some point and cd came up with ridiculous numbers. IoJ stayed there for hours while losing their bl. That’s why u guys didn’t catch up with u, but gotta say had some epic fights today and the 2 or 3 hour battle between garrison and bay was crazy.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Well done Fort Aspenwood on pulling ahead of Isle of Janthir this week, thus after coming 3rd 5+ times in a row your server still has confidence and the morale to hold your place in tier 3. Well done also to Crystal Desert for finally pushing ahead far beyond the other two servers and not losing it all the day after the reset. Is does seem that blue gets targetting more, then the other two colours, as CD had it hard as blue but finally kicked IoJ beneath them.
IoJ need to put up resistance, or they are heading towards tier 4, as Drangonbrand are eager to come to tier 3.
Some good fights in the borderlands earier today though!

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Henrik.7560)

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

Just wanted to drop in and say I’m having a fantastic time playing with FA!

Stretched thin, responding as quickly as possible to any call outs…Yeah. You guys are awesome. FA Commanders should be commended for their leadership. From what I’ve seen, FA Commanders operate quite well in chaos. Excellent work, ladies and gentlemen

And again, running in to a zerg to get your buddies up? I cannot tell you how many times I saw this, or was a part of this during CD rushes.

That’s character. That’s class. That’s fortitude, gang

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

(edited by Ejiofor.4801)

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

And for your listening pleasure… Patrick Cassidy’s ‘Vide Cor Meum’

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

Posted by: Volatility.6729

Volatility.6729

Why does no one on CD or IOJ ever roam?. Its impossible to find a 1 or 2-man to fight.

Hel, KH, TL, NoX and a number of the other message board pros all keep run when they see a lonely mesmer with an afro until they get numbers. Bags CD guild is probably the closest thing ive seen out of this tier for roaming capabilities.

Ostrich Burger
The Patryns [TP]

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Good to see IoJ is down but not out. Two hours advance notice and we still couldn’t defend SMC. Looks like CD has much to learn yet.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Mos site has IoJ and DB’s new ratings two points away from each other. Our tier’s score is 5 hours old though. Going to be an interesting week. Next week’s matches are not yet decided.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Mos site has IoJ and DB’s new ratings two points away from each other. Our tier’s score is 5 hours old though. Going to be an interesting week. Next week’s matches are not yet decided.

Intense!!!

IoJ! Step it up!! We don’t want to lose you to tier 4!

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

While I like DB, IoJ has been a great opponent and I don’t want to see them go away. That said, we are close in rating to the two of them so if IoJ overtakes us and DB overtakes us….

… I don’t want to lose us to T4 either!

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Just to point out from your ss, GoM and DH are also full and they are T6. SoR is “very high” and leading T2. Server population has little to do with WvW representation.

It is one factor. You need to see the pops over the day though (off peak often more damaging). A server that has more access to raw numbers is at advantage. Whether those numbers show up in wvw or not is another matter…..often easier to get them to show up when winning (and they are not needed) then when losing though.

in WvW

Posted by: Yorek Vrasen.7034

Yorek Vrasen.7034

Can I request a score update please

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Can I request a score update please

here we go, kind sir …

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Yorek Vrasen.7034

Yorek Vrasen.7034

Thank you kindly

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Ioj pulls back to second, FA trailing closely behind. Dragonbrand sneaks up from behind the turnpike… it’s gonna be a close one folks!

in WvW

Posted by: Turkey.3605

Turkey.3605

Why does no one on CD or IOJ ever roam?. Its impossible to find a 1 or 2-man to fight.

Hel, KH, TL, NoX and a number of the other message board pros all keep run when they see a lonely mesmer with an afro until they get numbers. Bags CD guild is probably the closest thing ive seen out of this tier for roaming capabilities.

I can answer this one for myself pretty easily: because I’m built for a team composition, not for 1v1 or 2v2. My build is very much glass cannon and requires support from other squad members for survivability. I can wreak havoc on your front lines or destroy your defenders firing down on us from the tops of keeps, but when I’m running alone to try to join our forces I’m completely vulnerable.

We do have small group action, but in our guild small group action means a full five man group that’s still composed thoughtfully, something that can actually take and hold a minor objective when necessary. Being a WvW guild, everything we do is for the benefit of the scoreboard.

My question for you is, if you’re running around WvW looking for 1v1’s/2v2’s, are you actually doing your server any good? Isn’t sPvP where you should be looking for those type of engagements? If your server ever had a queue for a borderland it seems to me you’d be a waste of a queue spot versus someone actually wanting to influence the scoreboard.

Ludrig – Necromancer
[KH]

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

If your server ever had a queue for a borderland

Nope.
So technically, if he’s running around killing deer, he’s still useful to FA

in WvW

Posted by: Twystyd.8453

Twystyd.8453

NoX really? NoX is simply a small guild of friends and only 4-5 (Zera, Ceregon, Filth etc.) of us actually WvW. That being said I have never seen any of us talking smack on a forum sense most of the time forums are for non factors and always have been. We only run with a max of 5 guys and no offense but none of us would run from you. You can find us dueling often in the EB jp with everyone else that is not afraid of 1v1.

(edited by Twystyd.8453)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I can answer this one for myself pretty easily: because I’m built for a team composition, not for 1v1 or 2v2. My build is very much glass cannon and requires support from other squad members for survivability. I can wreak havoc on your front lines or destroy your defenders firing down on us from the tops of keeps, but when I’m running alone to try to join our forces I’m completely vulnerable.

We do have small group action, but in our guild small group action means a full five man group that’s still composed thoughtfully, something that can actually take and hold a minor objective when necessary. Being a WvW guild, everything we do is for the benefit of the scoreboard.

My question for you is, if you’re running around WvW looking for 1v1’s/2v2’s, are you actually doing your server any good? Isn’t sPvP where you should be looking for those type of engagements? If your server ever had a queue for a borderland it seems to me you’d be a waste of a queue spot versus someone actually wanting to influence the scoreboard.

I think it is pretty silly to believe that all tasks that need doing in WvW are better done by a large group of players. Solo and small groups respond faster, have more specific focused impact, are not worried about dying to do their task, better able to shadow/scout large forces, etc. Most of the people I see running supplies to repair gates and walls, keeping dolyaks guarded or cleared, suicide on siege, and the other host of small things that make up a successful WvW campaign, are small group players.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Stretched thin, responding as quickly as possible to any call outs…Yeah. You guys are awesome. FA Commanders should be commended for their leadership. From what I’ve seen, FA Commanders operate quite well in chaos. Excellent work, ladies and gentlemen

And again, running in to a zerg to get your buddies up? I cannot tell you how many times I saw this, or was a part of this during CD rushes.

Yeah our commander is very much like that. Ibludgeon is really strict about that….if u don’t do it u gonna get demoted to stinky7 rank…and yes, that rank actually exists XD.

Good fights though lately. Loved how we nearly lost hills to IOJ’s golem attack and ran into lordsroom and saved it.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Yeah our commander is very much like that. Ibludgeon is really strict about that….if u don’t do it u gonna get demoted to stinky7 rank…and yes, that rank actually exists XD.

Good fights though lately. Loved how we nearly lost hills to IOJ’s golem attack and ran into lordsroom and saved it.

omg reindeer friend! hi2u

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I think it is pretty silly to believe that all tasks that need doing in WvW are better done by a large group of players. Solo and small groups respond faster, have more specific focused impact, are not worried about dying to do their task, better able to shadow/scout large forces, etc. Most of the people I see running supplies to repair gates and walls, keeping dolyaks guarded or cleared, suicide on siege, and the other host of small things that make up a successful WvW campaign, are small group players.

As much as I wish this was true, I can’t honestly stand behind it. You are right in saying that there are small-party tasks (guarding dolyaks and camps), but the sad truth is that most WvW tasks are best accomplished by massing the most number of players in one spot.

It reminds me of one week we fought TC. We sieges SMC for 2 hours. We set up trebuchets to hit the outer wall and literally wittled down the supply until it hit zero. Finally, the wall breached. The players rejoiced and charged in.

No. TC had sent one guy to their borderland to inform their players of this event. 40-some-odd players transferred into EB and immediately loaded up supply from their keep (Or they could have gotten it from their borderland garrison. I don’t know)

Massing (almost) everyone in the battleground, they annihilated the attacking force before even the culling could finish. Having a full 40-60 players (full supply), they unloaded it on the wall and had it back to 100% in under 5 minutes of being in the battleground.

Seeing the FORTIFIED WALL go from 0% to 100% was terrifying. Nothing was more demoralizing to the folks who spent 2 hours trying to siege that castle, that… without even blinking, they returned to their borderland.

The 10 TC defenders who kept piling supply onto that wall were rendered effectively useless (in fact, more than useless for wasting the castle’s supply).

He with the biggest zerg wins because the maps are too small. The objectives: too few. A single zerg can easily go from one tower, to a tower on the far side of the map, well before the wall will fall. So why break up into smaller groups? Just get as many people into one group as possible.

Small groups are only good for countering OTHER small groups, which would be better served as part of this faceless mass of players stomping around the field. And to anyone who thinks otherwise: I guarantee you your 5 man team will have far less success raiding supply camps at the same expediency as the 40 man zerg. Yes, you may flip their supply camps. No, you won’t do it as quickly as they’ll flip yours.

But that’s why I like tier 3. This sort of stuff doesn’t happen frequently. The worst of it is a few specific guilds who storm around as a wad which is still (at worst) 30 players big. But you can’t help that.

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

As much as I wish this was true, I can’t honestly stand behind it. You are right in saying that there are small-party tasks (guarding dolyaks and camps), but the sad truth is that most WvW tasks are best accomplished by massing the most number of players in one spot.

I couldn’t for the life of me draw a correlation between your big post and what I said.

I never said you only need small groups, I said small groups are part of the war effort and it is a successful server that embraces all types of play and incorporates them into their campaign. There are things small groups do better, and frankly are often the only ones doing it.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I couldn’t for the life of me draw a correlation between your big post and what I said.

The tl;dr of my post is:

If the purpose of this game was to win (and not have fun…) then the best way to do it would be to forget the small-groups and put everyone into one massive zerg following a single commander icon.

Edit:

The correlation can be found here:

The 10 TC defenders who kept piling supply onto that wall were rendered effectively useless (in fact, more than useless for wasting the castle’s supply).

This job, carried out by the ‘would be’ small group could have been better served just to stand with the zerg.

I’m not saying this is a philosophy I follow. I am merely stating that I disagree with small-groups being an important part of PvP. It’s just more fun to do it this way When our groups get too big, we divide them for this purpose.

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: VerdantSF.1507

VerdantSF.1507

It’s not just a numbers game, but how well the guilds on each server communicate across the entire battle map. Once, the members of RISE were holding out in CD East Keep against a far larger force. At the same time, on different borderlands, GoF and KH were conducting major offensives, but commanders in all three guilds made sure to relay information back and forth. When the inner gates at the keep in CD hit critical level, RISE put out the call. Immediately, GoF and KH put their own plans on hold and a combined force tp’ed into the home borderland. The inner gate fell right before we got there, but RISE managed to hold them off long enough for all three guilds to come together and wipe the enemy out.

The thing is, the above situation isn’t a one-off for our server. While GoF is distracting enemies at one gate, you might find TG using catas on the keep’s walls elsewhere. When LaZY is attacking an enemy garrison, there’s a good chance that KH is cutting off all supply to it while KõME is trebbing the walls. I’ve even seen instances when other guilds were invited to an ally’s TS channel during off hours to consolidate forces, where the host guild’s members were instructed to follow the orders of a guest commander like one of their own. That’s a lot of trust and respect right there. All the guilds in CD are autonomous, but we’ve been getting better at working together.

Mitchcraft the Mesmer
Get of Fenris [GoF] on Blackgate

(edited by VerdantSF.1507)

in WvW

Posted by: Turkey.3605

Turkey.3605

But the person I replied to didn’t say he wanted to do any of the things you mentioned, he’s just looking for 1v1’s and 2v2’s. And my second paragraph was all about small groups achieving smaller WvW goals. But a nice straw man you built there regardless.

Ludrig – Necromancer
[KH]

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

If either we or ioj goes to T4 I will be happy. They(ioj) have to be the lousiest server I have had the somewhat pleasure of playing against. They do their math on a 1-dimensional abacus and act as nothing more than a tier filler. They put the fate of the game entirely in the hands of CD so they can choose the weakest servers to hoard into the tier and catapult themselves up a tier or just sit at the top of T3 farming.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I’m always solo or duo roaming on my guardian, only problem is all the thieves spew their burst all over me and then when I don’t die they turn invisible and run off at light speed so there aren’t very many good fights to be had.

in WvW

Hekatombaion.4320

The tl;dr of my post is:

If the purpose of this game was to win (and not have fun…) then the best way to do it would be to forget the small-groups and put everyone into one massive zerg following a single commander icon.

It takes a lot of work (especially the kind most players don’t know how to do and don’t care to learn how to do,) to outperform that kind of zerg.
If you look at all of the tools available to you (game mechanics) there’s a lot of ways to butcher the players that don’t really pay attention to anything besides event completions and the size of the numbers leaking out of their enemies. Take some time and figure out how to punish servers for forgetting how to split their forces.

If either we or ioj goes to T4 I will be happy. They(ioj) have to be the lousiest server I have had the somewhat pleasure of playing against. They do their math on a 1-dimensional abacus and act as nothing more than a tier filler. They put the fate of the game entirely in the hands of CD so they can choose the weakest servers to hoard into the tier and catapult themselves up a tier or just sit at the top of T3 farming.

That’s a bit unfair- they had a good showing their first week here and then after that the two of you kept CD in check for the most part. This critical mass thing wasn’t really something either of you could predict and even now we’re still only speculating on quite how much each factor influenced it.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s a bit unfair- they had a good showing their first week here and then after that the two of you kept CD in check for the most part. This critical mass thing wasn’t really something either of you could predict and even now we’re still only speculating on quite how much each factor influenced it.

If I were to guess, just one thing cropped up this week that wasn’t there last week…college. College started this week, and that might explain the turnout and numbers, what with people busy getting things ready for it, and actually going to class. If that is indeed the case, that could also explain the large showing both servers had the first couple of weeks, and why we only were able to shoot back after the holidays were over.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Wut??

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

If I were to guess, just one thing cropped up this week that wasn’t there last week…college. College started this week, and that might explain the turnout and numbers…

All servers have people in college. That’s not something unique to CD.

More likely the difference between this week and last week can be seen from the registered guild transfers.

For tier 3 the new guild transfers and registers in the last five days are:

Crystal Desert’s new guilds:
– [BOR] Baghatur of Ragnarok
– [pDyn] Primeval Dynasty
– [HAX] Hollow Ataraxia Malaysia
– [TALE] Paperback Novel
– [CTRL] Subliminal Messages
– [Pdox] Paradox Prophets
– [AGGF] Agogo Frawers
– [LoM] Legion of Malice

Isle of Janthir’s new guilds:
– [MMAD] Methods in the Madness

Fort Aspenwood’s new guilds:
– None
(FA actually lost one guild, [FCF] Flying Clams Forever).

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

If I were to guess, just one thing cropped up this week that wasn’t there last week…college. College started this week, and that might explain the turnout and numbers…

All servers have people in college. That’s not something unique to CD.

More likely the difference between this week and last week can be seen from the registered guild transfers.

For tier 3 the new guild transfers and registers in the last five days are:

Crystal Desert’s new guilds:
– [BOR] Baghatur of Ragnarok
– [pDyn] Primeval Dynasty
– [HAX] Hollow Ataraxia Malaysia
– [TALE] Paperback Novel
– [CTRL] Subliminal Messages
– [Pdox] Paradox Prophets
– [AGGF] Agogo Frawers
– [LoM] Legion of Malice

Isle of Janthir’s new guilds:
– [MMAD] Methods in the Madness

Fort Aspenwood’s new guilds:
– None
(FA actually lost one guild, [FCF] Flying Clams Forever).

Pdox, pDyn and HAX have been on CD for a while. I remember seeing them around, but not in massive numbers.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

FA: Be very careful with your scoring this week. Even though you’re in second place, Dragonbrand is gaining steadily this week. You may find yourselves in a position where you defeat Isle of Janthir, but drop down a tier anyway.

Even I would find that to be depressing — I’d rather not see you guys defeat IoJ only to fall a tier while they stick in T3. At least if you drop it will be because Dragonbrand is doing that good, not because you’re doing poorly.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

Pdox, pDyn and HAX have been on CD for a while. I remember seeing them around, but not in massive numbers.

The guilds I listed were all from the registered history in the last 5 days. Some of those may have been on CD for a while but only registered last week for some reason (perhaps due to geting larger).

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

FA: Be very careful with your scoring this week. Even though you’re in second place, Dragonbrand is gaining steadily this week. You may find yourselves in a position where you defeat Isle of Janthir, but drop down a tier anyway.

Even I would find that to be depressing — I’d rather not see you guys defeat IoJ only to fall a tier while they stick in T3. At least if you drop it will be because Dragonbrand is doing that good, not because you’re doing poorly.

I think T4 would be a fun/competitive fight for FA. Dragonbrand belongs in T3, no doubt. Tier 3 is the benchmark, any server wishing to progress without a significant off peak presence is going to have a rough time with beasts like IoJ, CD and DB at your heels.
Fort Aspenwood struggles to field a significant NA force for this tier recently, let alone a overnight presence to hold our points and after losing some powerhouse guilds, plus plenty of individual hardcore WvWers .. I find it a little silly we are still here, let alone encroaching on 2nd place. The last thing I want is to bleed more guilds/players.. the second last thing I want is to drop a tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Kman.7358

Kman.7358

The guilds I listed were all from the registered history in the last 5 days. Some of those may have been on CD for a while but only registered last week for some reason (perhaps due to geting larger).

Ah, misunderstanding then. Makes sense.

Appeased -Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
teamriot.org
twitch.tv/teamriottv