1-11-13 Maguuma vs. Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

I don’t ever recall anyone besides your guild claiming that we have horrible tactics and we’re just a zerg. You obviously don’t know any of us well. Well, lets see if you can beat me in a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, guild vs guild situation.

Please everyone place your bets, who do you think is gonna win [WAR] or [WäR]?

You can find us anytime in WvW, because that’s where we are, running with our 5-10 man group, roaming in mags corner, killing your zerg. If you want to 5v5, you can find us in spvp =)

Ok lets set up a battle later today behind the wind mill in any bl. We want 5v5’s, 3v3’s, and 1v1’s.

if you want 5v5. do spvp. if you want WvW… you roam.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

I don’t ever recall anyone besides your guild claiming that we have horrible tactics and we’re just a zerg. You obviously don’t know any of us well. Well, lets see if you can beat me in a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, guild vs guild situation.

You can find us anytime in WvW, because that’s where we are, running with our 5-10 man group, roaming in mags corner, killing your zerg. If you want to 5v5, you can find us in spvp =)

Ok lets set up a battle later today behind the wind mill in any bl. We want 5v5’s, 3v3’s, and 1v1’s.

Tonight, mags, 630 central. Won’t have five will 1v1 and 3v3.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I love how someone said we are zerguuma.

Obviously these people have never seen higher tiered servers. lol.

Agreed, it’s as if we have more than 5 people in each borderland at all times, even when it’s not the weekend. What cheaters we must be. Us and our terrifying 30 man zergs.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

I love how someone said we are zerguuma.

Obviously these people have never seen higher tiered servers. lol.

Godzillas little brother!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I’d have to state, (coming from a DAoC mindset mind you), that anything greater than 1 full party is a zerg.

My DAoC mindset says anything over 1 is a zerg.

Many “8 mans” thought it was kool to run over solo’s….

That’s neither here nor there tho b/c next week vs DB/Yak/FA or w/e y’all not going to be finding any roamers. I hape FA or whoever drops does, but I highly doubt it.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadlysage.5873

Deadlysage.5873

I would like to apoligize to those in bp that thinks we are only targeting them. We’ve been attacking Devona too and only started attacking you guys after some trolls like the [WAR] guild started to bash us on the forums. If you play with fire your gonna get burnt so please save the trash talk and meet us on the battlefield. I’m will be waiting for a time and place to fight you [WAR]. I really can’t wait to see your superior tactics in battle first hand, lmao.

were you not there when we rolled your zerg the entire sunday night while being outmanned? =) how quickly you forget.

First of all I don’t run with the zerg. Secondly what proof do you have of you rolling any Maguuma zerg.

Beautykills – Legendary Thief – Guild Leader
[SWäG] Still Winning and Grinning
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I wouldn’t be surprised if BP or DR busted a zerg. Maguuma busted CD’s zerg a few times.

[SU]

in WvW

testpig.5018

mag zerg? it was [WäR] zerg.. i don’t consider your guild as apart of mag, because you guys will only be there for a week or 2 if they can’t advance to the upper tiers you will end up moving to SoR next or something.

i just messaged ingame come punch me =)

in WvW

Posted by: Gremlin.1096

Gremlin.1096

It amazes me how much bad blood has gone down on these forums over a single guild shift, and not even a large guild at that. WäR was not a massive powerhouse guild with 300 people, and had just recently started to get the numbers in guild to fill up a handful of parties in WvW. The real heavily lifting in WäR was done by the numerous commanders in guild willing to play 8-12+ hours per day, commanding and coordinating when no one else was around. The player base on BP is suffering because they stopping moving up tiers, much the same that happens to other rising star servers.

You can only ask commanders to make those kinds of sacrifices if others are willing to do the same, and quite frankly the server as a whole wasn’t willing to do that. I can’t imagine why you would blame them for moving over to a server where they have the numbers of commanders and committment to match what the WäR commanders were putting in on a weekly basis for BP.

All internet anger aside, the shift happening between matchups where BP would still be against Maguma was likely fuel to this fire, but I can guarantee this change for WäR had nothing to do with jumping over to a winning server in the weekly matchup. I don’t speak for anyone else in WäR other than myself and I happen to still be taking some time off, but it makes me sad to hear all this insanity on the forums, from people who were so cordial just a few weeks ago.

Thank you for your well thought out and well written response.

WäR probably had the highest concentration of commanders to member ratio of any guilds in BP. Most of the regular or WvW dedicated members of the server joined WäR in the past month and it’s saddens me that those recent recruits left with WäR.

I have also done my fair share of WvW dedication, and even with WäR on the server, BP had troubles due to lack of 24/7 coverage, both in terms of commanders and in terms of overall players. With their departure, it puts even more pressure and stress on those who remains and it’s has made the existing problem worse, not better.

As you’ve put, I certainly believe that WäR did not simply switch sides to win – I know that they are not the type simply looking for victory and glory. It is mildly upsetting that they happened to transfer to the server that we are facing off against, similar to what krew did. However, what upsets me the most is that we (as in both WäR and BP in general) didn’t get to sit down and make any serious attempts to fix any of the dissatisfaction WäR had with BP. Krew and Hadann’s issues with the rest of BP was a lot deeper and he stuck out with BP for a much longer time, trying to make changes and improvements.

[MKF] Sylphia Zephyr

in WvW

Deadlysage.5873

Now, this is what I’m talking about, someone who actually posts a time for later today duels. Calling out to the [WAR] guild, please meet us at the time stated or do you want to set up another time later today?

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

It’s rather amazing how blatantly some players have so openly turned to hacking for their jollies. I came across two of them last night in EB that not only couldn’t be killed … they never even lost health points. The first hacker was an ele who held off three of us at the same time, eventually killing two of us and almost killing the third (who finally escaped into a keep after it was obvious this was not a fair fight). The battle lasted several minutes and the hacker only dropped about 5% in HP for a brief moment once that entire time … the rest of the time he was at full health.

The second hacker was just standing near the cliff on the OL side of the hill between OL and Anz. I and a guild mate saw him there and went after him, at which point he jumped off the cliff. He landed near a third server mate who started fighting him, so I and my guild mate jumped down as well from a slightly lower height. We both instantly died from the fall. I had over 19K health and died, while the enemy fell from a higher height and never took ANY damage at all.

Both of these players were out solo in fairly isolated areas that weren’t even being contested at the time. They pretty obviously weren’t acting on behalf of their server so there’s no point in identifying it, but it’s pretty clear that there are some god-mode client-side hacks out there that pretty much ruin things for everyone.

1) I’m just wondering…was the first person you fought a Dagger/Dagger ele? If so that would explain the 1v3 situation where that person wouldn’t die or regen faster than he was taking damage. Would also make more sense if you and or your teammates weren’t actually on level 80 chars. Dagger/Dagger eles have some of the highest survivability, regen, mobility and dueling ability in the game. Lots of posts were made about Ele’s hacking, but if you’re upleveled and fighting a D/D Ele for the first time, its understandable. Keep an eye out for the usual opener of a lightning rush, into updraft, burning speed into flame circle + fire grab, earth knock down then churning earth move.

2)First of all, I’d like to mention for the jumping off the cliff situation, your Total Health Does Not Matter. Falling damage is percentage damage. I could be in a golem suit with 100k+ hp and drop from the same height as a glass cannon thief with 11k HP that would bring him down to half, and the golem suit would also be brought to half. Also, if was a necro….necros can pretty much jump from any height and not take a single bit of damage.

If your situation did not match either of these, then it may have been a hacker so next time try and make sure you have a button ready for screenshot to report.

in WvW

testpig.5018

i been waiting for you for about 5 mins to even respond!

Attachments:

in WvW

Aeneasx.1589

I don’t roll with war and they don’t roll with me, I just want to fight. I’ll be there with a few friends and anyone else that shows.

I’m on DR ATM with what’s left of LARP

BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Guys please. Stop this.

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

What happened to WäR saying that they would like to keep things in good terms with BP and try to focus on DR this week? I see a fair number of WäR in BPBL, and I am torn between wanting to fight them and leaving them alone.

I honestly don’t feel like WvWing this week for this reason. I hope you had your fun fighting us WäR.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Why? Just fight them. They are not going to get mad because you fight. The blood is only bad because of forum warriors.

Edit: vvv Case in point vvv

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

(edited by saiyr.3071)

in WvW

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

Guys please. Stop this.

Please. This forum thread is becoming Guild (WaR x WäR)s 2.

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Just a reminder: If things keep on you’ll have to start yet -another- new Thread…please remember this is just a game and win or lose, no one is actually going to end up dead. Be thankful you have the opportunity to play against each other, because without those other guys?…This game would be awfully boring.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

Honestly they should close the thread just like Maguuma probably wishes no one from BP transferred to their server now. It is a game smack talk is cool and helps blow off steam. But getting kitten over losing people or people talking trash is childish. It goes both ways. Hate each other that’s cool look for tags while in WvW then smash their face. But leave the crap in game! I’m guilty also for saying BP is frat boy mentality I apologize.

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Deadlysage.5873

Just finished dueling testpig.5018 in 1v1 and it was fun. Thank you for coming out to duel and hopefully we can set up some 2v2’s, 3v3’s, 5v5’s etc…

My guildy will be posting the results later. Better luck to you next time.

Maguuma

(edited by Deadlysage.5873)

in WvW

Aeneasx.1589

I don’t understand what the problem is with people talking a little smack. It’s not like anything above PG rating can be said here without being removed by a mod. (not saying it shouldn’t be moderated, just don’t see the big deal.)

I highly doubt anyone is actually getting kitten.

BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

So I guess 10-15 people is considered a zerg to you, because that’s all we run with normally. WäR would be happy to match numbers with you and go head to head, stop talking about it and lets do it.

P.S. Heres a video of a WAR running away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt8CYqRhFjU&feature=youtu.be

10-15 is more than we ever have. I’m not even going to try to say that our guys are all more skilled than yours, nor have I said so in the past, because individually we aren’t across the board. We work well as a team and get stuff done.

PS Here’s a thread about WaR running away: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/1-11-13-Maguuma-vs-Borlis-Pass-Devona-s-Rest

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Deadlysage.5873

I do remind everyone that we did not start this drama nore did we want any drama. We are just reacting back to negative comments people keep bringing up about [WäR]. I’ve been trying to keep it positive but others just want drama.

Again I wish Borlis Pass the best of luck with out us in the future. Thank you guys for you the time we did spend with you.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Honestly they should close the thread just like Maguuma probably wishes no one from BP transferred to their server now. It is a game smack talk is cool and helps blow off steam. But getting kitten over losing people or people talking trash is childish. It goes both ways. Hate each other that’s cool look for tags while in WvW then smash their face. But leave the crap in game! I’m guilty also for saying BP is frat boy mentality I apologize.

Honestly, at the end of the day – that’s all it is – we’re talking a little smack. I don’t believe that any of these posts in this thread have gotten personal, but all relate to the matchup this week. It’s a game, and I think that a little rivalry is a good thing for WvW and GW2. I don’t hate anyone in WäR, I’m sure they are all good guys. BUT – I’m still going to give them a hard time for running away :-P

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

I do remind everyone that we did not start this drama nore did we want any drama. We are just reacting back to negative comments people keep bringing up about [WäR]. I’ve been trying to keep it positive but others just want drama.

Again I wish Borlis Pass the best of luck with out us in the future. Thank you guys for you the time we did spend with you.

Allll see like Rodney King said “Can’t we all just get along” big hug to everyone see you on the battlefield !

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

testpig.5018

Just finished dueling testpig.5018 in 1v1 and it was fun. Thank you for coming out to duel and hopefully we can set up some 2v2’s, 3v3’s, 5v5’s etc…

My guildy will be posting the results later. Better luck to you next time.

good fights. theifs are a sneaky class to catch when you can’t seem them! overall some good fights. even fought lubu for like 10 mins… 1 fight.. like 10 mins long. my fingers hurt.

in WvW

Posted by: TrinityDivine.6473

TrinityDivine.6473

Well, this is disappointing. I don’t come to the forums often so I wasn’t aware of any drama here. I had to come check out this thread though because I was wondering why BP seemed to be a no-show in Borderlands the past few days. So sad to learn that WaR has decided to defect to the enemy…. Because no matter how much you may protest that this is not so and that it’s all justifiable, switching sides in the middle of a war will still make you look bad, specially if you switched to the winning side.

Mircella, Borlis Pass

in WvW

Aeneasx.1589

Allll see like Rodney King said “Can’t we all just get along” big hug to everyone see you on the battlefield !

Well, if we all got along, then we would be playing Fairy Simulator Online. There would be no battlefield lol.

BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

i

Well, if we all got along, then we would be playing Fairy Simulator Online. There would be no battlefield lol.

And now we know your deep dark secret!

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Which War guild was it that left Anvil Rock 8 weeks ago to move over to BP? Just curious.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: elinos.7493

elinos.7493

Why? Just fight them. They are not going to get mad because you fight. The blood is only bad because of forum warriors.

It’s not about them getting mad. It’s about those of us on Borlis with a positive opinion of WaR being faced with disappointment when it turns out that the pretty parting speeches had no substance. You went to help ransack BPL because a guild was talking trash about you? That’s your excuse? It’s one thing to leave, but you’ve just added insult to injury by picking on the server that’s fallen on hard times as it is. Which is fine, do what you want. Just don’t try to play the victim on the forums afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

Somebody smack talkin’ Fairy Simulator Online? Crap just got real!!!!

Never will I stand for this! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

What happened to WäR saying that they would like to keep things in good terms with BP and try to focus on DR this week? I see a fair number of WäR in BPBL, and I am torn between wanting to fight them and leaving them alone.

I can’t believe some folks still trying to double team Devona. Play to win. BP is the only server trying to contact and make deals with me personally and only server I had to block so many people. You guys play too much politics instead of fighting.

Devona is mad at BP because last week they double teamed Devona even when we weren’t in first place and killed this match up which could have been great. This double teaming issue caused some bandwagoners to leave Devona but our core players are still here and mad at BP for their politics.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I’ll definitely check this out, see what BP and DR have to offer.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

testpig.5018

Which War guild was it that left Anvil Rock 8 weeks ago to move over to BP? Just curious.

not us.. we have never been on anvil rock. we started on SoR.

in WvW

Mortalitas.9710

I can’t believe some folks still trying to double team Devona. Play to win. BP is the only server trying to contact and make deals with me personally and only server I had to block so many people. You guys play too much politics instead of fighting.

Devona is mad at BP because last week they double teamed Devona even when we weren’t in first place and killed this match up which could have been great. This double teaming issue caused some bandwagoners to leave Devona but our core players are still here and mad at BP for their politics.

Politicians lie get over it! Come join me and Larp in fairy simulator on line:)

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

testpig.5018

Also, talked to a WaR member about why they departed from Borlis.. and it is more understandable. timing on destination is a bit meh, but understandable.

still plan to face them in constant open field combat. >=)

in WvW

Aeneasx.1589

I encourage everyone to come to mags tonight, should be fun. Can anyone ask Zastari (irez) if he’ll be down

BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: ifelldown.5426

ifelldown.5426

well as a resident of BP, I have never heard of any agreements other than here in the forums. We infantry just fight everything we don’t recognize, no matter what server it is. fight the guys with the red lettering.

Deals and double teaming is stupid. Agreeing to such a deal is also stupid. Any server that’s mad about a deal like that going wrong is just as much to blame as the other party. Don’t do it.

As for more politics than fighting, who knows. With as few people logged in to BP, is there much else to do besides mischief? No. I think such activity in this game is stupid anyway. Fight or don’t fight. that’s all there is.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It’s not about them getting mad. It’s about those of us on Borlis with a positive opinion of WaR being faced with disappointment when it turns out that the pretty parting speeches had no substance. You went to help ransack BPL because a guild was talking trash about you? That’s your excuse? It’s one thing to leave, but you’ve just added insult to injury by picking on the server that’s fallen on hard times as it is. Which is fine, do what you want. Just don’t try to play the victim on the forums afterwards.

The post was saying they didn’t want to cause bad blood because they didn’t know whether or not they should fight WaR even though they were on BP’s borderlands. Sooo yeah, I think it was about that. Whether or not you fight back if they appear on your BL is not relevant to whether or not they appear on your BL. Also, in case it wasn’t clear (because you went from them to “you”), I am not from WaR. People on Maguuma generally go where they are needed, not to carry out some sort of millennial rivalry.

All of this double teaming talk is pointless, especially now. Unfortunately, both servers are suffering from various problems this week, but it should be pretty clear that Maguuma doesn’t need to ally with anyone to maintain a stupidly high PPT. BP was unable to take back their garrison all day yesterday and they hardly made a presence on your BL. I never even saw them go above 100 PPT. So this double teaming you speak of us very nearly single teaming whether or not there’s an alliance in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: elinos.7493

elinos.7493

Also, in case it wasn’t clear (because you went from them to “you”), I am not from WaR. People on Maguuma generally go where they are needed, not to carry out some sort of millennial rivalry.

I am aware you are not from WaR. I was adressing them in that part, not you. I was not however aware that WaR was needed in BPL when both potential points and actual points left BP in third. Also people are not mad because some sort of “deal” or double teaming didn’t happen (at least I know I’m not). I’m upset because people made a promise and didn’t stick to their words. That’s all. But don’t worry, now that I’ve vented I already feel much better, so back to lurking.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Personally, I feel like Borlis Pass had too many guilds with the word war as a tag to begin with.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

I encourage everyone to come to mags tonight, should be fun. Can anyone ask Zastari (irez) if he’ll be down

He’ll be there~ also tell everyone to turn off team colors, it’ll be fun~~

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in WvW

Posted by: Fathom.5684

Fathom.5684

I don’t normally type on the forum but these past few weeks have been tough for us on Borlis Pass, with everything that has gone on. I understand guilds transferring, I wish they would stay but it is their choice there should be no bad blood over it, just look to the future. We also lost a few commanders but I have seen new ones step up (including me, a newly commander this week) and I’m proud to see this. Borlis Pass is a great server that is just hitting a bad patch, we will gain strength and “zerg” back up the tiers one day. This is possible if we work together. I’m just tired of all this nonsense on these forums. Good luck to both servers, I enjoyed fighting aganist both of you.

Fathomn – Borlis Pass (Commander)
Collegium Mae Requlae Maea -Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Somebody smack talkin’ Fairy Simulator Online? Crap just got real!!!!

Never will I stand for this! lol

Next someone will be dissin Hello Kitty Island Adventure!!

We must unite and slay the unbelievers

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Also, in case it wasn’t clear (because you went from them to “you”), I am not from WaR. People on Maguuma generally go where they are needed, not to carry out some sort of millennial rivalry.

I am aware you are not from WaR. I was adressing them in that part, not you. I was not however aware that WaR was needed in BPL when both potential points and actual points left BP in third. Also people are not mad because some sort of “deal” or double teaming didn’t happen (at least I know I’m not). I’m upset because people made a promise and didn’t stick to their words. That’s all. But don’t worry, now that I’ve vented I already feel much better, so back to lurking.

Sorry, I guess need was a strong word. But when we are being pushed by DR on west keep and BP at garrison then people will be called in to defend, as an example. We could have lost those points and still maintained a handy PPT lead, but that’s not really our thing…I kind of doubt it’s anyone’s.

Personally, I feel like Borlis Pass had too many guilds with the word war as a tag to begin with.

We have at least two now! [WaR] and [War].

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

I don’t think I can personally trust WäR until I get a Great Lord Flame Ram screenshot from them.

in WvW

Posted by: wolvz.8791

wolvz.8791

Now, TO JesseCox. If I were you, I’d buy and play the game sir. Every server, including BP, has those that like to exploit and do their tricks to make life evil. Until I see you on BP, as I have been almost every day, playing and defending BP to the bitter end, your words are EMPTY. Period. If you want to have your moment in the sun, great. Don’t sit there and be acrimonious towards that which you have zero knowledge. Just because the guild in GW2 is based off your guild from other games does NOT entitle you to pass judgment because you don’t play. In other, more blunt words, STFU sir.

/end rant.

He does play the game, he generally comes on during reset times and tries to help out on at least the first day, but as he is generally busy doing his job which is youtube, he really can’t be on all that often.

in WvW

Posted by: frickers.8309

frickers.8309

I’ll definitely check this out, see what BP and DR have to offer.

Cause dueling on a dd ele and Mesmer is so much skill! Only somewhat skill in this game is roaming because it involves some form of adapting. Sigh wtb daoc, we hardly have more than 3 on anymore due to just lack of competition, and just promoting zergs.

and inb4 bunzey ( pic related) the one night we had some people on.

Attachments:

LARP

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

why all this talk about my guild [WäR], we’re only 100 and we have 4 commanders including me O___o

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq