Epic Video very well done ! ! !

Illegal Contact 80 Ranger
Personal Foul 80 Mesmer
Jade Quarry

1-11-13 SoS vs JQ vs BG redux

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, looks like the euro guys are doing their job (It’s night on euro now right?), we just need to be able to hold it, so we don’t lose all the progress they make.

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Well, looks like the euro guys are doing their job (It’s night on euro now right?), we just need to be able to hold it, so we don’t lose all the progress they make.

To the picture, “But it feels like I’m just too close to love you!”

It’s a long week boys and girls.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Awesome work this morning and today BG! Keep the pressure on!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

It is easy to motivate people to show up in wvw when the server has an influx of wvw-oriented guild transfers. Guilds like AGG and DIE who transferred to Sos only play gw2 for the wvw aspect of the game, so it is not difficult to get them to show up in wvw. If Sos did not have these transfers and was still able to get their massive force from just their native players, then they can make the claim that they are better than other servers at getting PVE players to show up in wvw.

True on the wvw-oriented guild thing, but I have to say, our commanders do a great job of scooting around the PvE world drumming up support for WvW from people who probably wouldn’t otherwise care. For an hour or so, we have queues where we didn’t before. An hour can make all the difference.

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I know one server who is insecure in t1 cough lost only because of a holiday excuse cough post a mocking troll wvw video because a new t1 guild from another server challenged our ego with a wvw video cough need to send spies to the other servers VOIP cough

This is what happens when you get two servers with big egos together. SoS has a big ego, rightfully so I suppose since they’ve been NA #1 for weeks now, but BG also seems to have a big ego coming back to tier 1. Yes, JQ has a ego too, but I dunno, just doesn’t seem to be as big as the other two, and I’m not saying that just because I’m on the server. The banter in this thread seems to be mostly between SoS and BG.

Any server in tier 1 is going to have some sort of ego.

You don’t get to tier 1 by being insecure or hesitant.

This is one of the most funnest posts I have seen in this thread. I am not going to lie, SoS did lose to JQ during the first week of January. It was won fair and square, but it does so happen that most of our main WvW players were not doing WvW during that time period due to spending time with family, which may or may not have contributed to the loss.

Can we stop talking about this please? SoS was not the only server on holiday that week – it was New Year’s for a large part of the world. I’m sure a lot of servers got affected in this way, and not only in Tier 1. Can we just stop kittening talking about SoS’s one loss/one of JQ’s few wins. It was 2 wks ago. I am asking this of everyone in this thread, including JQ people. I am really getting sick and tired of hearing about it.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Lol, this picture is amazing. Not as good as that Asura one though.

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

I know one server who is insecure in t1 cough lost only because of a holiday excuse cough post a mocking troll wvw video because a new t1 guild from another server challenged our ego with a wvw video cough need to send spies to the other servers VOIP cough

This is what happens when you get two servers with big egos together. SoS has a big ego, rightfully so I suppose since they’ve been NA #1 for weeks now, but BG also seems to have a big ego coming back to tier 1. Yes, JQ has a ego too, but I dunno, just doesn’t seem to be as big as the other two, and I’m not saying that just because I’m on the server. The banter in this thread seems to be mostly between SoS and BG.

Any server in tier 1 is going to have some sort of ego.

You don’t get to tier 1 by being insecure or hesitant.

This is one of the most funnest posts I have seen in this thread. I am not going to lie, SoS did lose to JQ during the first week of January. It was won fair and square, but it does so happen that most of our main WvW players were not doing WvW during that time period due to spending time with family, which may or may not have contributed to the loss.

Can we stop talking about this please? SoS was not the only server on holiday that week – it was New Year’s for a large part of the world. I’m sure a lot of servers got affected in this way, and not only in Tier 1. Can we just stop kittening talking about SoS’s one loss/one of JQ’s few wins. It was 2 wks ago. I am asking this of everyone in this thread, including JQ people. I am really getting sick and tired of hearing about it.

Yeah, but they (JQ) started it. look at last page

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

So this new development is actually kind of hilarious. The two servers that have spent almost their entire time in T1 whining and moaning about 2v1 are now in an apparently obvious 2v1 on us (SoS).

Oh, and thanks for the bags at garrison.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

So this new development is actually kind of hilarious. The two servers that have spent almost their entire time in T1 whining and moaning about 2v1 are now in an apparently obvious 2v1 on us (SoS).

The irony is you’re doing it now too. And now we have come full triangle. Every single server in the current T1 has whined about something that is a large part of WvW, 2v1.

Next.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

If by cry you mean pointing out clear examples of SoS being insecure then you are correct. At least HoD as a collective whole acted like a champion on the forums and in game.

Wow Barab you certainly do complain a lot for a person trying to take the morale high ground.

I find it funny how you say SoS has spies then say I know because its a fact. really? so you must know who these spies are. do tell.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Great effort BG, keep it up this is super work!

Great effort JQ keep it up, this is what we expect to see!

Keep at it SoS, no sleeping, bring it!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

oh crap, BG is gonna win this week

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Well, now that every server has been 2v1’d everything is right in the world I jest, I jest. I hate having class until 8pm on Tuesdays! Have to wait all day to get home and play.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

The irony is you’re doing it now too. And now we have come full triangle. Every single server in the current T1 has whined about something that is a large part of WvW, 2v1.

Next.

I wasn’t complaining. 2v1 is a perfectly legitimate strategy. I just find it hilarious tat you guys kitten about it all week then decide to do the exact thing you guys think is sooooo wrong.

Oh and your 2v1 didn’t work. Again, hah!

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

SOS at their own garrison a little while ago. Great effort, amazing defense:

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Next.

I wasn’t complaining. 2v1 is a perfectly legitimate strategy. I just find it hilarious tat you guys kitten about it all week then decide to do the exact thing you guys think is sooooo wrong.

Oh and your 2v1 didn’t work. Again, hah!

Sorry, I wasn’t there, busy fighting BG.

I actually didn’t see that many JQ people QQ about 2v1 in this thread. Or maybe I just don’t know which people are JQ (aside the ones with the signatures specifying so).

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Good to have Blackgate’s EU presence stop JQ from getting 500 ppt around this time. You guys make our lives easier!

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Please do not quote troll posts that almost certainly will be deleted, they continue to live on in your quotes.

Great fights all, great push back BG , lots of fight left this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Meditrinas Faith.8320

Meditrinas Faith.8320

Oh these forums are so much fun! Hugs and kisses, rainbows and unicorns and the almighty QQ!! w00t! Good tier here, been that way for a while. Skillz and killz. As long as the trash talk is kept above the belt its all good with me. Can’t have a real fight without the egos flying. So BG and JQ I tip my hat to you. Play it up. Lets continue the fun.
Go go SoS!

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Awesome work BG. The last 30 hours have been excellent. You folks are really bringing the pain to both sides which is just so refreshing in a T1 match up. Please keep it up until the end of the week and we can still have that 3 way photo finish right to the wire

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Balanced battles, excellent.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: orchid.4726

orchid.4726

SOS is now last on points, it seems that the new secret pact between JQ and BG is working! Hahahahahhaa.

Server : Blackgate
Guild : [HB] (www.hb-eu.com)

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

SoS spies are now infiltrating the enemy.

Artstay ethay erationopay. Ealstay eirthay ookiescay.

It will all be over soon. Good day.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

I am in this video. I am the D/D ele in his bottom party slot, th male sylvari!

Man, that was a blast last night. Talk about farming loot bags xD.

Man, I hate it when the KnT-HB train of destruction is a rolling through a zone and I’m stuck at work

Think one of my fondest memories in recent months was loading up the big-bridge in hills with about 50-60 enemy that had punched a hole in its walls. We’d dropped about 3 sup-ballistas and some AC’s in the lord room, had 12 KnT on the bridge and managed to portal-up about 10-12 HB who none of the enemy knew about.
The inner wall goes down.
A wave of meat and sharp objects comes tearing over the bridge and hits the ‘KnT Wall’ and goes * boing *… well, they dunno really what to do at this point as walls aren’t normally looking like fat-azz norn tanks that wont move and wont die to auto kitten attack builds. Smacking them to the ground, blowing suckers off the bridge, bolts cutting them down and I’m dropping might stacked con-bombs that would kill a small city
Think about 20 die outright in 5 seconds.
Then the big red troll sneaks out from under his bridge with his friends and its pretty much a competition to kill as many as possible to meet up somewhere in the middle. Someone frap’sed it, but I’ve never seen it released.

Whats the score for the ‘game-bereft and gainfully-employed’ of us at the moment?

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Thobek.1730

good to see BG coming back, I wonder why they didn’t play like they are right now all week. You can let up in T1, its a week long fight. (well until you know its impossible for the other teams to catch up)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’ve already seen BG make a comeback from 40k difference in the board against SoR and IoJ. As long you can keep the #1 down, you have a chance to make it…

Question is: Can SoS really be kept down?

At least we might catch JQ on that week.

Attachments:

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: erza.2537

erza.2537

So a little analysis from a BG guy.
Friday opening: BG dominated for a day, first in scores. SoS and JQ both realized they are outdone. Double teaming begins soon after because they simply can’t stand the thought of a newcomer rolling them like this. We have witnessed whole SoS and JQ zergs almost going through each other just wave and move on both attacking BG. Say what you want i have seen it all day long. Hey it rhymes. It’s a poetry piece! It’s the ugly political reality of T1.

Tactical/strategic observations so far:

SoS seems to be far superior to JQ and BG in overall strategy/tactics. They seem to out think BG and JQ in terms of overall manpower movement in the world as global place. Meaning not within 1 map but all 4 maps at the same time. If you do this you gain the advantage of gaining/regaining territory very fast which than allows you to move to another map and do the same there while your opposition even with same numbers but devided gains territory slower and wipes if they encounter this big zerg. BG lacks this capability and really needs to improve here. From a BG player (mine) perspective our commanders are excellent but they need 1 additional strategic/tactical command lvl that would direct the whole world not just 1 map. SoS is outperforming the competition by very smart and timely zerg moves among the 4 Battlegrounds using overwhelming force to gain/regain ground. They seem to just fill a map till queue kicks in and take this whole force to overwhelm opposition. This is the point of this: The Whole Force. Sometimes they will use small force of 10 or so to cut of reinforcements trickling in from spawns. Very smart on their part and as said BG needs to catch up in this department. Consider this: Even if most of their zerg dies in the process of killing the opposition yet some live they just raise the dead and move on. Giving them time advantage because of no need to regroup unlike the other team. This also cuts on their travel time. Not to mention psychological advantage of lowering your opponents numbers by discouraging them.

This statement is gonna make a lot of T1s mad here lolz but it is true from what i have witnessed. Nor SoS or JQ could beat us in open filed if the forces were about even or sometimes more of them and we are talking larger numbers. We always won these encounters. Every single time. They both seem to have too many glass canons who simply can not take it. In very small encounters this seems to be flipped to their advantage.

T1 feels far closer to SPvP than T2 did. You see a lot of small scale tactical moves of: run away till the advantage is on my side = i don’t fight fair fights. I also noticed on SoS and JQ side much smarter moves as far as saving their fallen and getting them up to fight again than was the case in T2.

I’m honestly little disappointed by the politics of T1. Double teaming recessed a lot once SoS got significant point advantage. Just so they now can pretend it never happened lol. And yes i do stand by my statements and yes it did happen.

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

good to see BG coming back, I wonder why they didn’t play like they are right now all week. You can let up in T1, its a week long fight. (well until you know its impossible for the other teams to catch up)

Something’s got them all riled up. Did someone say something hurtful about the turtle? Come on, own up.

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Without wanting to break the morale of any server. I have seen smaller forces beat larger forces over the last few days. This has happened to all three servers. Often it is the result of a good flank, who makes the first strike or culling issues.

Pretending that your own server is unbeatable or has never lost a fair fight, is good for your own morale but is not the truth. All servers have some good players. All servers have won and lost battles. Keep at it everyone!

in WvW

Porky.5021

Friday opening: BG dominated for a day, first in scores. SoS and JQ both realized they are outdone. Double teaming begins soon after because they simply can’t stand the thought of a newcomer rolling them like this. We have witnessed whole SoS and JQ zergs almost going through each other just wave and move on both attacking BG. Say what you want i have seen it all day long. Hey it rhymes. It’s a poetry piece! It’s the ugly political reality of T1.

Every server has someone who says the same thing.

“I saw the other two servers not fighting each other and just ganging up on us.”

On one of the servers I played on, I’ve stood and watched the other two servers try to destroy each other over a tower and someone in /map said “We’re being doubleteamed.”.

Overlord Of [NAKY]

in WvW

Porky.5021

btw, someone tell Jade Quarry to stop killing me so much. Apparently we’re supposed to be doubleteaming Blackgate and you JQ guys just keep smashing me into the ground.

Not nice to do to your ally.

Overlord Of [NAKY]

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Had mad fun destroying in EBG today.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

Just wanna say, on SoS bl tonight, there are Black Jade everywhere!?!

All trolling aside, THIS HAS BEEN A MAD FUN NIGHT. I want to give props to [EA] and [HCBQ] ~ i might have gotten that tag wrong. You guys have been bringing it. Keep it up.

Attachments:

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Posted by: erza.2537

erza.2537

Without wanting to break the morale of any server. I have seen smaller forces beat larger forces over the last few days. This has happened to all three servers. Often it is the result of a good flank, who makes the first strike or culling issues.

Pretending that your own server is unbeatable or has never lost a fair fight, is good for your own morale but is not the truth. All servers have some good players. All servers have won and lost battles. Keep at it everyone!

I’m sure it happened the other way as well. But I haven’t seen it

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

So true. HCBQ keeping the west tower of SoS BL was entertaining.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

<snip>

I’m honestly little disappointed by the politics of T1. Double teaming recessed a lot once SoS got significant point advantage. Just so they now can pretend it never happened lol. And yes i do stand by my statements and yes it did happen.

What you call politics is just strategy. There is absolutely a logic to it and it has nothing to do with teaching the new kid a lesson. We may have gone after you, but not for the reason you think.

in WvW

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

And I do agree with Cirus. One issue with Blackgate is we have a ton of PuGs. I just wish they’d understand they’d be more useful if they’d join a WvW guild for when they WvW. But then again, full queues on Friday, now outmanned buffs today.

This is not a problem with the PUG’s. It’s a problem with the Commanders of the WvW guilds if they refuse to work with PUG’s to accomplish server-wide goals.

Otherwise you’re basically spitting in the face of free reinforcements, people who likely want to help but don’t necessarily want to give up their friends for the rest of the game. At that point it’s up to all the commanders on your server side to work with all the people who are in the zone to coordinate and work effectively.

I’ve personally seen one set of commanders that flat out said “We don’t work with PUGs” (there were two in the map, both from the same guild) in map chat and guess what, they received zero help when they asked for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ackim Macaldom.8596

Ackim Macaldom.8596

Just wanna say, on SoS bl tonight, there are Black Jade everywhere!?!

All trolling aside, THIS HAS BEEN A MAD FUN NIGHT. I want to give props to [EA] and [HCBQ] ~ i might have gotten that tag wrong. You guys have been bringing it. Keep it up.

It’s HGBQ It was fun to fight for this tower You have give us hard time with your treb from garison!! Good job everyone!

Ackim Macaldom
Leader of Helis Galonia [HGBQ]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

Every single time. They both seem to have too many glass canons who simply can not take it. In very small encounters this seems to be flipped to their advantage.

That’s kinda what we said about you guys on SoS BL over the weekend. You guys … kinda just go “have our badges” and roll over whenever we see you, but I’m sure anecdotal experiences are the most accurate and meaningful

You guys really gotta let this go.

Try earning more gold and hire JQ so you can 2v1 us instead. Words of warning though, JQs aren’t cheap and any rates at lower than 10g/hour is just downright insulting to them. SoS’s just way too poor, we could only afford them on the weekends

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I remember when my server was being 2v1’ed…but then i took an arrow to the knee.

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

I had a lot of fun in our down time (Euro) today.

SoS BL, JQ attacking West Garrison with 3 holes in the wall, BG attacking East Garrison with 1 hole and a gate down.

Garrison was never lost.

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

So what happened at red briar tonight. I left around 9 PM EST and BG was continually using breakout to try to take red briar from us (JQ) on JQ BL. With latest score update, I see SoS owns red briar. What happened with BG?

That was really fun though. I lost count how many times we stopped the breakout + BG zerg obv. ><

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Score update time!

Attachments:

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I wonder what blackgate drinks? Does anyone know?

Coffe… To stay awake late night!

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Great work JQ, you are doing everything you need to get the win! Well played.

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Ahh, the old 2v1. Yes, we 2v1d you, but what the hell did you expect, you gave no one any choice! You came out of the shoot, aggressive as hell, and rapidly ran from SOS to JQ as fast as your little red is dead legs could carry you hitting them as hard as you can. Half the time we had to keep constant eyes on you to avoid losing a tower to you.

Most of your commanders wrack da disaprin, and act like you should be able to obliterate both of your competitors simultaneously to be #1. If that were the case, we would be in the HoD days of TA. The new facts are this, NO SERVER can attain first place by simultaneously owning second and third severs. Not anymore.

We don’t win week after week because we own the other two servers, we win week after week (well not the week before last, GG again JQ )because we play smarter, we play more coordinated, and we have a plan. If were hitting you, its part of a bigger strategy.

When you hit an enemy, its like some rabid dog biting anything that gets close to it. That’s not strategy, that’s a disease. Anytime you feel like bringing that to the table, well put you down.

Simple as that.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I just wanna fight people man I don’t care about having some grand strategy.

There’s no real data available for coverage so it’s unclear how many people any given server has on any given borderland at any given time.

My personal perception has been that sometimes we’re outnumbered and sometimes we’re not but as I said that’s not based on any real data.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

because we play smarter, we play more coordinated, and we have a plan

Hmm? When JQ had no significant numbers on EB yesterday to distract BG, SoS failed miserably for hours trying to take Anz. I kept thinking, “are they seriously trying that same thing for a 4th time?”. In the end, the tower was 100%, and SoS’ main forces apparently routed to other maps because they weren’t “smarter”, “coordinated” or “had a plan” to handle BG on its own. Well, they might’ve had a plan, but there weren’t enough JQ online to accommodate it.

In the end, I would rather BG endure a constant 2vs1 and lose, than to rely on another server to guarantee its success. It looks like that’s the way it’ll be, too, and if so, it’s just disappointing that we might not see any large-scale battles between all three servers (on EB).

Oh, and your post — especially as a Guild Leader — reflects quite negatively upon your server. I could be wrong, but the presumable arrogance it expressed was enough to warrant my comment at least. Perhaps I should not expect any less, though?

Oh (#2), and I’m just expressing my own thoughts and opinions which, in themselves, could be entirely incorrect/misinformed/skewed/etc.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

I’m just expressing my own thoughts which, in themselves, be entirely incorrect/misinformed/skewed/etc.

i think they are