10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Raydigi.2968

Raydigi.2968

I would like to s/o [THAI] for giving us a good fight during our raid yesterday. It was fun and challenging in the ET BL.

Thelonius Wolfgang
Engineer
[BP] Blood Pact, Ehmry Bay

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Hargrik.8672

Hargrik.8672

hmm I screwed up the post above and can’t seem to edit… The first tho paragraphs are a quote from TheFug.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Hargrik.8672

lol, translation:

hmm I screwed up the post above and can’t seem to be able to edit it… The first two paragraphs are a quote from TheFug.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Hargrik.8672

Failed again… Where’s the edit button Anet?

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

I love seeing us winning but I hate the long queues I’m in now. For me, it’s not worth it. I’d rather have us stay middle tier and be able to actually play. Obviously selfish, but it’s the only part of the game I’m interested in.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: garfunkal.4952

garfunkal.4952

IoJ player here. Well gotta say after the initial fun first few days won’t be logging in for the rest of the week, I play for WvW flawed as it is but am really concerned at all this transfer server business. First queues I’ve had since launch on IoJ that have been longer than 5 minutes (This weekend 15 minutes but worried if we jump to tier 1 these will get longer). Always managed to enjoy wvw when it has been us losing or barely making do in Tier 2 Vs whichever t1 juggernaut had fallen for the week, but the map domination of the last day has been rather sad. So to all the new guys on IOJ, welcome to the server, but to anyone considering transfering here, we are BAD really bad, pls pls don’t transfer here and give us the Tier 1 curse ;P no seriously IoJ has hit our sweet spot. Anet please fix this transfer hopping madness, I feel for those communities on HoD,ET,SBI,JQ that were there since launch and have had there communities and queue times play like yo-yo’s and get shredded in this mess, really hoping it won’t happen here.

Draknakh

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

Isle of Janthir has always been a tier 2 team. We have maintained that position quite consistently, and have faced ET and SBI. Did we lose? Yes, we did. But we never gave up, which is why we’re still here.

I have been on Isle of Janthir since BWE3. I have leveled the vast majority within WvW, although not very much in EB. And i have always seen us push back. We may not hold the ground we take all the time, but we’re pushing back, day in and day out.

Suddenly, because TA broke up, causing HoD to plummet, and then ET has a mass exodus, of which at least 2 guilds came to IoJ. And we become the new server to pick on? How the kitten kitten kitten kitten did that happen? Because we have never been a server to give up, we became a place some guilds decided might be their best option to have some competitive matches.

The guilds that came to IoJ certainly helped us, but they are by no means the only reason we are where we are. And we are beginning to suffer on our end, as the queues have gotten out of control. I have sat in queues for 3+ hrs over the weekend, which never happened before. I would rather stay in a mid-tier grouping than this

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

I really do hope that IoJ doesn’t face the Tier 1 Curse that several other servers have faced or are in the process of facing. Brogarn, garfunkal, and buzzkapow pointed out one of the major reasons that mass exodus of people happen in the tier 1 servers—queue times. The queue times for tier 1 servers are extremely long (3+ hour long queues). It’ll really all depend on how well IoJ does against JQ and SBI and if guilds stay on JQ for a bit longer. A few JQ guilds have already decided to leave. For now, JQ will dominate until they get start getting bored and tired of queue times and more guilds start leaving. That will give SBI or IoJ (or any other new tier-1 caliber server) to take the #1 spot.

In the end, it’s always best to be #2 or #3. Never be #1. In terms of queue times, it’s always a loss in tier 1 unless a server has given up.

I just really hope that CD settles nicely in tier 2. It would actually be better to be in tier 3 for queue times and to avoid tier 1 servers who happen to slip one week to tier 2 and just dominate the tier 2 servers and then go back to tier 1 again. Being in tier 1 would simply be too much of a headache.. most of it coming from waiting for 3+ hour long queues in Lion’s Arch.

I really don’t envy what is going to happen to IoJ at all.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Estus.1726

Estus.1726

Reading the forums has become more entertaining than WvW. The latest pix that looked like Mars pretty much says it all.

[RE] Isendale – Tarnished Coast
“Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!”

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Reading the forums has become more entertaining than WvW.

After the first initial 3 days this is 75% of a chance a given.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Naxxus.7230

Naxxus.7230

I hate how servers just give up… Nothing to do now was such a good fight the first day then you guys gave up it seems… shame…

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

IoJ always had a strong oceanic presence. Now with Totn, Hero, and the new TL transfers, our NA presence is just brutal. I hope we go to tier 1, cause our coverage is there. As far as tactics are concerned. Check the scoreshots to see how much we bleed your supply down. it took us a day to take SMC cause we truly wanted to bleed it dry and use it as bait while we took ET/CD towers and kept them low on upgrades.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

IoJ was always the rank 5 server before TL from ET came over.

ET on the other hand was never a good server without team legacy/ruin and this just proves it. None of their players are even good pvpers so idk what the hell they’re doing fighting us. It’s equivalent to hod being in tier 1 and getting wrecked like they currently are. it just doesn’t belong.

CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Arctix.1758

Arctix.1758

lol TheFug I think you need a hug.

Commander Arctix (Arctx) [Team Legacy] Human Warrior
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, AoC, L2, UO <freerps> <myth>
<wrath> <banda> <insurrection> <jaded>

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Blademage.8932

Blademage.8932

IoJ was always the rank 5 server before TL from ET came over.

ET on the other hand was never a good server without team legacy/ruin and this just proves it. None of their players are even good pvpers so idk what the hell they’re doing fighting us. It’s equivalent to hod being in tier 1 and getting wrecked like they currently are. it just doesn’t belong.

Afaik TL has very little presence in WvW overall, they coordinate with other guilds, such as my own and need heavy support from larger guilds.

RUIN leaving was a larger hit because of their numbers and presence was a lot larger. . Their rigid structure (abeit zergy) allowed them to scout, defend and attack all at the same time.

With them gone, ET has nothing, and the fact CD has not after 2 tries, beaten IoJ shows a consistency in and of itself.

Evey excuse you guys make from day 2 on is just a sign that you cant take a loss and is making your server look like a joke on your behalf. So please.. stop being so whiny, what’s done is done.

GG

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: mifbifgiggle.6713

mifbifgiggle.6713

Great fighting the first day, but our server (CD) has no overnight presence. We seemed to be very equally matched during the eastern US daytime. When i logged off at night it was a stalemate with CD in a slight lead with more orbs and sm, and when i logged on the next morning we had kitten all.

Mr Flintlock, lvl 80 Engineer
Jade Quarry Crusader
rock the elixirs.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

WTF happened to ET. top teir server dropping FAST!
I haven’t played in a few weeks, but my god there is NO one in the WvW zones. i think i;ve seen 4 people today.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

You guys talk like skill matters in GW2’s WvW. All that matters is how many people queue up and if they do it 24/7.

ET has always been a low pop server that had undermanned buffs most of the day. Ruin’s zerg allowed ET to compete with servers who had more players. Now that the zerg is gone it is impossible for ET to field the kind of numbers necessary to win.

The only reason IoJ is winning now is because they have more players than the other servers. The only reason JQ is winning now is because they have more players than the other servers. The only reason HoD and ET are losing is because they lost too many players to be able to field a zerg.

The final week score in WvW is all about the zerg, nothing else.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Actually CD has a far stronger night crew compared to their day crew. The problem is that we lose all of the keeps before the night crew logs on, so that when they do it ends up being a spawn camp situation in which IOJ has the superior numbers. CD has always had the weakest primetime game and has always lost the most ground during the day.

And yes I do need a hug, because this game is becoming beyond frustrating. Everyone in Tier 2 is constantly a victim of server transfers, and it leads to an entire week of not being able to WvW. This game is becoming frustrating and it seems like ANET has no intention on fixing the problem.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

(edited by TheFug.5278)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Server Transfer is without doubt a real pain in WvW, it diminishes server loyalty and tips the scales too quickly in a servers favor.

Ideally things will settle down but I suspect interest will wain for the servers who have poor 24/7 cover and we will be left with 5 WvW servers and the rest will dwindle down.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

Server Transfer is not the issue because even if people transfer there is only X number of people from a server allowed in a wvw map.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

TheFug.5278

Map caps do not mean that server transfer isn’t the issue, especially since we can’t even hit the map caps in prime time.

Server transfers are a huge issue. Do you think that IOJ is dominating right now and ET is at the bottom without the asisstance of server transfers?

And yes CD is mostly pver’s. Nobody can transfer to our server because it is full, but mostly full of pve’ers.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eclipses.7152

Eclipses.7152

I’m on IoJ and this absolutely sucks.

Thanks Arenanet.

Thanks.

Eclipses
The Royal Guard – http://theroyalguardclan.enjin.com
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Seriously they need to do something to fix WvW. Free transfers was a mistake beyond the first few days past release. It will never work itself out now it is time for intervention on the dev’s part to fix this mess with the top 3 or 4 servers.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Eclipses.7152

I’ve been on a Tier 1, hell HoD in its prime was even beyond T1 – it was in a tier all by itself, and with free server transfers still open, that is NOT what IoJ should strive for.

I’ve been on a server with 3-5 hour queues and I won’t tolerate that anymore. Last night I queued for EB and was in queue for hours and never got a pop. It’s almost 2 months of this kitten and with free server transfers penalizing any promising server with a good community / instant queues and absolutely gutting others, this game is going to go down the kittening tubes.

I’m organizing a petition to boycott next week’s WvW matchup until Arenanet gets serious about protecting, preserving and prolonging server/guild communities. Please look for my post, my hope is that all that care for their server and guild communities and/or play WvW as their primary form of content take part as we attempt to send an unmistakable message to Arenanet that their policies are utterly killing this game.

Eclipses
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Gangbot.8641

Gangbot.8641

All i see is excuses about being outnumbered… The first couple of days this match up was even! Then suddenly ET and CD stopped playing.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Eclipses.7152

SO ID JUST LIKE TO SAY, LOL AT ALL THE BUTT HURT, BUT IOJ WANTED A WIN THIS WEEK, WE PLANNED ON IT, HAD THE ARMY AND NOW HOLD 97-99% OF THE MAP NOW, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, WE WIN

Dude, this is “fun” to you? Holding 97-99% of the map? Breaking the will of the other servers to where they don’t want to fight?

My friend: It. Is. MONDAY! You still have the majority of this matchup to go and the enemy has already given up! What is there to be proud of? You want to spend the next 4 days doing absolutely nothing?

I’ve BEEN on a server where we’ve done this to the other two. It’s not fun. It’s not competitive. Soon enough, you’ll get bored. Soon enough, you’ll stop queuing. Eventually, either you’ll quit the game or transfer to another server; which’ll simply gut this server’s community (as you won’t be the only one) and just restart the cycle on a different one.

This needs to stop.

Eclipses
Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

TheFug.5278

SO ID JUST LIKE TO SAY, LOL AT ALL THE BUTT HURT, BUT IOJ WANTED A WIN THIS WEEK, WE PLANNED ON IT, HAD THE ARMY AND NOW HOLD 97-99% OF THE MAP NOW, SEE YOU NEXT WEEK, WE WIN

This is what IOJ gets to deal with now. I feel sorry for their core crew, because now they get to deal with these guys and longer queues.

All i see is excuses about being outnumbered… The first couple of days this match up was even! Then suddenly ET and CD stopped playing.

The problem is once ET stopped trying to compete because they were in last place then all of IOJ focused on CD – and having to deal with multiple 30+ man zergs 24/7 will eventually lead us to give up. You cannot deny that you guys outnumber us atleast 3:1. You have queues in times that we are outmanned. When ET shows up then CD can take a few keeps back and we can all hold our own, but when IOJ outnumbers both of our servers combined and has the orbs it just turns into an easy roll. This is how it always works now with almost every server group.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

(edited by TheFug.5278)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

So much ignorance I just read.

I can’t fathom how some people honestly believe server transfers aren’t causing these one-sided three way fights.

IoJ apparently having a bloated ego thinking the latest round of server transfers aren’t inflating their worth. (you guys sure were dominating the first two days >_>;)

Seeing outnumbered buffs during prime time and hearing people say ‘it doesn’t matter because of the cap’.

Be afraid IoJ. Unless Anet locks down on the transfer situation… like this week, you’re doomed with no hope. The curse has fallen upon you and for that you have my pity.

Not worried about IoJ. The community on IoJ was strong enough before our recent transfers to make it this far, even if we lose the players we have picked up we will still keep queing up and competing for WvW even when we are down. Even in the worst case scenario we are in a win/win situation. We rise to the top and the scary curse of Tier 1 befalls us… we are back to where we started….which is the borderline of tier1/tier 2 and then we have good que times and pretty competitive and fun peak times. I know my guild isn’t going anywhere anytime soon and the same goes for most of the server. It isn’t inflated egos….the vast majority of our server never even posts on the forums here, at gw2 guru etc. Before this week people with coverage advantage claimed we were unskilled, now we are egotists who are doomed because we have the same advantage others had… who knows what will be next. Imo opinion this week is the reward for our perseverance as a SERVER…. not as individual guilds. IoJ has been different all along because of that. No guild drama, just decent people working together more often than not.

Isle of Janthir, I salute you as a community. Even if this is as far as we go, it was well worth the ride.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: FearTehBunneh.2306

FearTehBunneh.2306

I’ve been on IoJ since the first beta weekend. I don’t plan on going anywhere, even if the new arrivals get bored and leave. IoJ for life.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ultramatum.5162

Ultramatum.5162

I’ve been on IoJ since the beginning, and we always stuck it out even when being facestomped by a much more competitive server. So we know how frustrating it can be to be on the receiving end of a one-sided match up. The only difference is WE NEVER GAVE UP. We’d take our punishment and come back for more, even though we hated every bit of it.

If CD and ET really wanted to get in this game, they’d do what they did the day the servers reset, and team up on us. That first night, we were getting dominated by you two. It can work, but you gotta be on a server with a lot of resolve and communication.

Ultramagus | lvl 80 Guardian
Proud Member of [ICoa] on Blackgate
http://imperialcoalition.enjin.com

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Moandero.7320

Moandero.7320

Server swappers make WvWvW irrelevant. It is easily apparent.
I guess there is a huge amount of people who desperately need to feel like they dominate through having the most people all the time, instead of seeking out challenge. I really can’t see how they consider it fun. Being able to sever swap easily enables it, so I suppose it will remain. Just sucks the fun is drained out of an aspect of the game.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

Actually CD is working their butts of fighting and havent stopped playing. Not sure what ET is doing.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Serapita.9145

Serapita.9145

Like someone said before, ET already had low overall player-based to begin with. The main reason we could compete on 1st/2nd-tier was because RUIN had very large US Prime-time force. Now that RUIN left, we just don’t have enough competitive force to fight. It’s still okay during the first couple of days but once weekdays kick in and the points begin to pull away, it’s domino effect – Losing badly > People see the score > Don’t bother to fight.

And no, there’s no ‘better’ server in WvWvW, only ‘larger W3 players-based’ server. ET was never a better server than any 2nd-tier servers, we just had a much larger force. And now we no longer have that, I expect we will drop at least 2-3 tiers in the next few weeks.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

This ‘will-breaking’ mentioned above can happen on day one of WvW. People are just sore losers and get mad if things aren’t going their way. Then again, the way WvW is designed, if the scores are 12k-8k-4k, the 4k server may as well give up. Scores like that can happen like, what, 6-8 hours into a new match? Once a server has built up momentum, and once a server has lost hope, there is no changing it.

CD

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Moandero.7320

Moandero.7320

So, lets stop server transfers, see how things go, if it becomes even with the tier system, then all is competitive and fun and not lopsided. Sounds good!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.4503

Aeros.4503

Unfortunately, no one can really know why servers rise so fast like IoJ has done in the last few days. First day or two, it was really really even, well at least between IoJ and CD. The reason I’m saying this is, there’s nothing stopping guilds from transferring each day. It could be that CD and ET just stopped trying, but I don’t think that’s entirely the issue. I think ultimately it’s free transfers ruining competition because if people don’t like the losing side, they go to the winning side, and then the curse hits when they don’t like the winning side because of long queues.

I started out on Anvil Rock because I was a hardcore sPvPer, but since leveling from 20-80 I’ve been on Crystal Desert, and all the testimonies I’ve heard from friends here say they go out swinging and then lose the drive a couple days in. The server is casual, and not very organized, so it’s not like we can just call on a bunch of legions to take keeps. We rely on the phenomenon we call zerg to push, and when the score is very tight, people will try, when IoJ pulled out in front by 1-2-3k points, then at a stready 2-3k per hour, people give up, naturally.

I don’t really mind since the queue times for CD have always been pretty tame, and since most of my PvP has been focused inside the puzzles, it doesn’t really bother me at all.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Bwomp.9651

Bwomp.9651

Having been in such good fights with other servers, [IoJ] now has lost its fun value, as im sure the other servers have, there’s no more competition.

ArenaNet need to address this, as we should not be going up to tier 1, and suffering from longer ques, when everything was fine the way it was before[TL] & friends showed up.

[IoJ] was cool even before this now apparent domination, but now i fear we are going to get even more transfers, more ques, and less fun.

Bwomped LvL 80 Necro [GEN]
~Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Ignicity.7938

Ignicity.7938

You two need to get a room.

\ig-nis-i-tee\
Ignicity – 80 Necromancer
Unreal Aussies [uA] – Isle of Janthir

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

I’m sorry….. bit too protective of my adopted Oceanics I guess! lol!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

It seems like the tier 1 curse is already falling upon IoJ. It’ll only get worse once you’re finally in the top tier. While the mass exodus of ET to IoJ may have seem like a blessing right now… it may actually end up being the start of the demise of IoJ. Prepare for incredibly long, 3+ hour queue times always in tier 1 bracket.

As a result of free transfers and tier 1 bracket, IoJ will continually be flooded with more and more people transferring to that server. It has always been the case for every tier 1 server… until that server busts and once the word gets out that alliances break up and whole guilds are leaving, then there’s a mass exodus of people leaving. We have seen it with HoD, ET, and it is happening to JQ right now.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

You have to understand though, that IoJ has been quite consistent on Tier 2 over the past several weeks.

That, and while IoJ is not always organized 24/7 (the larger guilds are not 24/7, mostly Oceanic, and NA (welcome TL btw for the EU timeslot)), the community itself is amicable and willing to work together.

Case in point, see difference between how people treat each other in Eradon Terrace vs. how guilds treat each other in the Isle of Janthir.

Granted, they are not yet fully organized (the server site just went up, and the guilds are starting to set communication lines between one another), but active participation plus a non-hostile way of communicating with each other makes everyone work together OK somewhat.

Hopefully, the alliances and the communication between the major guilds develop more, and to be frank, I don’t see why it wouldn’t, seeing as they’re fairly friendly to one another already. It’s just a matter of meeting each other properly, so to speak.

PS: it’s easier to ask people to help you do something by actually asking, rather than shouting endless streams of hostile verbal abuse at them.

PPS: can someone explain to me how the eff can fireworks even lag someone else out? We’re all playing on one map instance. Don’t you think that’ll lag the people fighting on our side too (Assuming the perpetrator, if true, scaled down his own effects)? Maybe they were just happy. o___O

- Eisenhart, Legion of the Aguila

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”

(edited by Eisenhart.7965)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

It’s a never-ending train with 24hr transfers. While IoJ has been a consistent tier 2 server over the past several weeks, it’s not a tier 2 server in its makeup anymore at all starting this week with the exodus from ET to IoJ. IoJ is now a “tier 1 server”. There is no “tier 2 curse”, but there is a “tier 1 curse”. IoJ is now starting to feel the effects of it… and it’ll only get worse. As the servers open and close, the only transfers that will really occur is due to WvW. When IoJ opens up again, there will be a flood of new players from different servers all across the game to do WvW in IoJ.. which invariably increases queue times. One only has to ask what it’s like in SBI and JQ. ArenaNet needs to implement a complete freeze on any transfers to IoJ to prevent that from happening.

Queue times is the arguably biggest reason for whole guilds transferring out of a server and alliances breaking up. It isn’t necessarily guild communication and lack of hostility that will prevent guilds from leaving, although it greatly helps in terms of trying to succeed in WvW. Just as JQ.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

IoJ is officially in T1 next week.

Anyone who did bandwagon over bc of this weeks match will leave next week. We will lose, but we will keep fighting…like IoJ always does.

So many CD in here blaiming transfers for the loss…you guys were in the lead, we slowly but surely pushed and pushed until we overtook point lead, and we worked hard to hold it until we overtook score total. As soon as that happened your server started to quit.

Whether or not we got bandwagoners from CD and ET after that doesn’t matter, yall quitting and allowing the snowball to begin is what led to it all.

Now I can’t wait for us to go back to losing like we are used to so I can have some real kittening fights.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

TheFug.5278

slowly but surely pushed and pushed?

Our server had a secure lead until our people went to bed – and then those of us who were left proceeded to get rolled by MASSIVE zergs because you have a 24 hour queue.

We did not lose the lead because we “gave up”, we lost the lead because people logged off even though we were still winning. We don’t have the numbers to fill our borderlands 24/7.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Dethwar.1768

Dethwar.1768

Where do people come up with this stuff? Massive exodus from ET to IoJ? TL came over – one guild. What is this nonsense about massive exodus? Now we suddenly have 24/7 hour queue’s too?

Its awesome that the non-IoJ and ignorant folk are doing our transfer blocking for us. Love it!

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Vixena.3821

Where do people come up with this stuff? Massive exodus from ET to IoJ? TL came over – one guild. What is this nonsense about massive exodus? Now we suddenly have 24/7 hour queue’s too?

Its awesome that the non-IoJ and ignorant folk are doing our transfer blocking for us. Love it!

Ignorance is bliss. :P

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Clorox Sour.5142

Clorox Sour.5142

I think a lot of people are forgetting the fact that even with last week’s match up, us on IoJ still put up a good fight and we never really “gave up”. We already had a few WvWvW guilds that ran around in packs. The only difference now is… we have more. One thing about us on IoJ is, sometimes we might not be as organized, but we’re still out there lookin for a fight. Even last week when SBI had nearly twice as many people in the field as us, we still put up a good fight. Hell, even BG was holding their own to an extent.

Though, I will point out, the server with the most active players/24h a day, will most likely win. But that’s not the point of this all… I personally could care less for numbers, I just want to fight and have fun. Owning the whole map and not having any zergs to challenge isn’t that fun. But, IoJ is home, and I won’t leave it. just means I actually have time to run around and explore pve areas for a change.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: happybell.6450

happybell.6450

Speaking from a CD viewpoint, I would like to disagree. Our server does have oceanic presence, but that’s just some. I’ve been here since day one and we definitely do not have enough to sustain over the night, especially against a server that has 24 hours coverage (which is IOJ in this case). Most of the points we obtain are usually in daytime/weekends. This has always been the case, and always will in the long run.

When this week’s battle started, I was there and we were neck in neck with IOJ. Few hours later, we started to have the outmanned buff as people went to bed. What carried on was a no brainer – losing keeps, camps and what not because the 24 hour zerg just steamrolled us.

People always like to say things about our server quitting easily, when really they should ask themselves: Am I interested in facing a 3 orbed 40man zerg with my 10 man pug team? I won’t be surprised if it’s a no for many. It takes a lot to get a server to regain morale and I feel that not many care to understand the situation, especially when they are on the winning side.

I’m not pointing fingers at anybody. Just some food for thought.

10/12 ET/IOJ/CD

in WvW

Posted by: Eisenhart.7965

Eisenhart.7965

slowly but surely pushed and pushed?

Our server had a secure lead until our people went to bed – and then those of us who were left proceeded to get rolled by MASSIVE zergs because you have a 24 hour queue.

We did not lose the lead because we “gave up”, we lost the lead because people logged off even though we were still winning. We don’t have the numbers to fill our borderlands 24/7.

We don’t have complete 24/7 coverage either, at least, at a considerable level.

We’re strongest at Oceanic (large PH, KR, Kiwi and AU guilds), somewhat OK coverage on the first half of NA due to TEST (AFAIK), and now a strong group on EU (TL).

At most we have decent coverage of most timezones.

But then, isn’t recruiting guilds to cover your timezones a server’s responsibility? Make connections, talk some guilds into joining or transferring, show them what they have to gain, etc.

In our case, we were doing a bit okay even before TL came, but TL coming is a big blessing as well (now we have someone for the EU timezone, if I’m not mistaken).

Anyway, may Balthazar bless us all, and Grenth find us worthy.

Eisenhart Tor | Legion of the Aguila, Isle of Janthir
“My mind is my battlefield and sanctuary.
My weapon is conviction and perseverance is my shield.”