10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Seem like TC is a good group of people. Good luck to you.

in WvW

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Moved from BG to TC this week. The queue times were just too much for me.

It’s been an interesting and fun, if not even, matchup on this end.

in WvW

Posted by: Anthony.5098

Anthony.5098

I loved my playing this weekend though we’re thoroughly getting wiped once everyone’s asleep. I got on Sunday morning and saw one of the Commanders. We were pushing EB but had little effect. So we decided to xfer to a different borderland and pushed all out, reclaiming half the map in the process.

I had some amazing skrimishes with BG, including somehow getting pushed back from TCG when we were trying to take it back (moral victory at this point), somehow on my thief I managed to sneak past a whole crowd of BGers in the courtyard, out into the field and safely in Woodhaven. It was good times.

Tanished Coast:
All classes 80, no main. [OROS]

in WvW

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

Seem like TC is a good group of people. Good luck to you.

Odin and Jaden or Jadon (forgot how to spell his name) can both be pretty strong at times. My experience with TC is, they need people to fill in when those guys go offline. They also need to get and hold sm a little more than they do.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

in WvW

Anthony.5098

There’s also Zudoari, I swear he’s like a gold mine in EB. I just follow him and I get a ton of karma and coins.

Tanished Coast:

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

Yeah. If there’s one problem with TC, it’s that without a good commander on the field, the folks in WvWvW seem at a loss as to what they should be doing.

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

Yeah. If there’s one problem with TC, it’s that without a good commander on the field, the folks in WvWvW seem at a loss as to what they should be doing.

That’s tc’s weakest point. The second one is not really caring about sm at all (which you guys do get point leads without it by playing with a good zerg). But should be on sm a little more than you were when I played with you guys. With CD I made sure to take advantage of the fact that you guys didn’t really care about sm and tried to predict your movements.

in WvW

Anthony.5098

Oh we tried to go after SM. Actually, last night I was with a Commander that took it straight to SM. Problem was holding it after that. I took a break and came back and it was gone. :’(

Tanished Coast:

in WvW

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Held the orb for a bit over 4 hours against far superior #s. Could not be happier with TC’s pride and tenacity.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Coral from TC here,

Tonight was, bar none, the best WvW experience I’ve personally had to date. I will post more words but great fights with BG.

I only managed to take one semi decent photo with all the fighting and fun but I think it really captures the night.

TC Pride!

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeul.1068

Jeul.1068

As to the question about whether or not there is a strong RP community on TC – the answer is a definite “yes!” I see RP happening all the time. Everyone on the server is either an RPer or at least respects it enough not to troll.

We have a nice, strong community here. We would welcome anyone, RP or no.

Ranger of The Eventide Concordat
www.Eventide-Concordat.com
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

We are a late night/early morning crew away from being scary

in WvW

Posted by: Jeul.1068

Jeul.1068

Coral from TC here,

Tonight was, bar none, the best WvW experience I’ve personally had to date. I will post more words but great fights with BG.

I only managed to take one semi decent photo with all the fighting and fun but I think it really captures the night.

TC Pride!

I was there! That was some epic fighting going back and forth with BG there! Good battles for both sides, indeed.

Ranger of The Eventide Concordat
www.Eventide-Concordat.com
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Anakin.4932

Anakin.4932

I really dont care about winning but this match up isnt even fun. Did everyone just transfer to Blackgate?

in WvW

Pimsley.3681

I really dont care about winning but this match up isnt even fun. Did everyone just transfer to Blackgate?

We were outnumbered all night, and still had a ton of fun! Which server are you on?

in WvW

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

BG putting on a bit of a clinic but it’s been some awesome fights, hope this keeps up all week

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

The the scorecard just moments after TC lost the orb.

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Bare minimum, I hope TC becomes a server people have fun playing against. Obviously, we want to win but we know that there are server currently and some forming that might have an edge on us. We can fix that to become more competitive but I hope people enjoy fighting us. That’d be cool!

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

I was in Eternal tonight (at around 3am Eastern) and the first thing I encountered was RP! It was awesome.

The second thing I encountered were no commanders on the field but TCers at that hour pushing forward and defending in a surprisingly coordinated manner. Perhaps it was luck of the draw but there was action across the map.

Sure, we’re behind in the points but, so what? The fights were fun and continual.

I didn’t see any complaining in /team or /map. All I saw were calls for support that got, mostly, answered and some good natured joking.

I imagine that at some point over the past while TC got some fair weather types who transferred to the server. This is a good time for said folk to transfer off if they didn’t do so last week.

If we ignore the score since there isn’t much we can do against a team owning the entire map for hours due to population – we will still have a great time battling it out.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

I haven’t kept up much with the politics, but what are the top WvW guilds from TC?

in WvW

Posted by: Cottonmouth.9846

Cottonmouth.9846

I thoroughly enjoyed smashing all of Blackgate’s siege equipment tonight. Also, here are some pic’s from tonight’s siege.

Attachments:

Billy The Barbarian
Zergbuster of Malum Factum
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Cottonmouth.9846)

in WvW

Posted by: Lorthos.4976

Lorthos.4976

If you cant win, join them just like one of the random guild – TDA did.
They were non factor guild in HOD, once they knew where those TA crew xfer to, they just blindly follow them so they can enjoy stomping “Noobs” like you all.

Actually, you are completely wrong. You should probably get your facts straight before accusing us (TDA) of “blindly following”. You might even learn a little something about what guilds we work with and why we chose Blackgate.

Lorthos

(edited by Lorthos.4976)

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Yesterday was so much fun. I was just running around in a small group of TC people flipping camps. Started setting down flame rams at the camps we flipped. Had to laugh so hard when a couple BG people just stood on a hill staring down at us. I’m sure they were thinking “WTH are they thinking putting a flame ram there?”

It’s decorative art. XD

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I haven’t kept up much with the politics, but what are the top WvW guilds from TC?

We have a mixture of WvWvW guilds and Rp PvP guilds that do some WvWvW.

I will give the initials of some of the top WvWvW guilds (in terms of size) in TC since I’ve been around in BETA, as to not butcher their full names.

-PiNK with our famous Commander Commander Jadon.
-EP
-TSL with yours truly, Commander Floxxx and Commmander Madember.
-RELM
-SWAG
-TSG (Yay Aussies!)
-FLUX
-SC (Shadow Company RP PvP)
-MF with Commander Mo Bedda Cheese, Commander Skornn (and 2 others) as a recent addition.
-MORT (Haven’t seen them around recently.)
-WaM (Haven’t seem them around recently either.)

Please feel free to add to this list. I will also PM you other guild leaders of large WvWvW guilds about upcoming improvements to our WvWvW Alliance. Make sure you state your main character name, size of guild (approx. numbers you field in Dubb Vee Dubb or specific nights you field them, if not daily).

in WvW

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

Although the matchup is clearly broken, I’ve had much more fun in WvW this week than last on Fort Aspen. Last week we won and outnumbered Maguuma and it was somewhat boring (they also gave up somewhat).

Its very challenging to fight Blackgate, just based on their numbers. It makes my friends and I have to use better tactics, because any attack will be replied to with 20+ Blackgate just bored and waiting to respond. I think I made around 200 badges yesterday, so being up against more people has been rewarding in that there are more people to kill.

Unfortunately to much of our server doesn’t play just because the score tells them they are losing. Which is just stupid, the score is a measure of server activity and population.

I do have one message for Blackgate though: some of you people have absolutely no class. When you steamroll 2-3 people with 30+, dancing and laughing on their corpse just shows you are BAD at PVP. Anyone skilled knows such a lopsided fight is not worth bragging about. Yet I’ve seen more boasting and /emote stuff this matchup than I have ever seen since the game launched. I know some of you value sportsmanship, but a good chunk of you guys are just plain terrible. I can only assume that tons of random people transfered to ride the success of the good PVPers on Blackgate and those are the ones making you guys look bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

TV (Transcendent Veneration) – We don’t classify ourselves as an exclusively WvW guild but we have a strong and large presence in EB (20-30 in EB every day so far in this match-up though we had many more in Queue and online – 85ish). We have Commanders Zudoari, Pride and Sarangerel. We also have Giddge working on his. I know we’re not mentioned much when people talk about WvW guilds and that’s fine. We tend to be a bit low-key.

We have some fantastic commanders on TC and we love a good fight. This week is going to drag on, but we’re still kicking up a fight and that’s what matters. We’re not going to push out on the whole of the EB map; we just don’t have the numbers. While we were there, though, we did a good job of holding what was ours.

Looking forward to seeing how we do during the week now.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

(edited by Vanity.2506)

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

I will give the initials of some of the top WvWvW guilds (in terms of size) in TC since I’ve been around in BETA, as to not butcher their full names.

-EP
-RELM
-SWAG
-TSG (Yay Aussies!)
-FLUX
-MF with Commander Mo Bedda Cheese, Commander Skornn (and 2 others) as a recent addition.

Please feel free to add to this list. I will also PM you other guild leaders of large WvWvW guilds about upcoming improvements to our WvWvW Alliance. Make sure you state your main character name, size of guild (approx. numbers you field in Dubb Vee Dubb or specific nights you field them, if not daily).

TV (Transcendent Veneration) – We don’t classify ourselves as an exclusively WvW guild but we have a strong and large presence in EB (20-30 in EB every day so far in this match-up though we had many more in Queue and online – 85ish). We have Commanders Zudoari, Pride and Sarangerel. We also have Giddge working on his. I know we’re not mentioned much when people talk about WvW guilds and that’s fine. We tend to be a bit low-key.
We have some fantastic commanders on TC and we love a good fight. This week is going to drag on, but we’re still kicking up a fight and that’s what matters. We’re not going to push out on the whole of the EB map; we just don’t have the numbers. While we were there, though, we did a good job of holding what was ours.
Looking forward to seeing how we do during the week now.

Thanks guys. From the way your server talks it seems that if you had a few Aussie guilds or at around 100-200 early morning players, you’d be doing a lot better

Question, strictly based on GW2Guilds.org BG doesn’t have many non-US guilds. I know this system isn’t perfect, but can anyone tell me how BG has so many numbers on during off peak NA times?

I really wish ANET would just post this info, it would make things easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Nairb.7198

Nairb.7198

I don’t get the people getting all down about being behind in the score. First off what did you expect was going to happen when we keep moving up the ranks and have such a limited night presence. More importantly though is what does it really matter if we win the matchup or not. You don’t get anything for the win except bragging rights. For me I think I’d be more proud to brag about my server for persavering in a one sided matchup and continuing to go out there and have fun during he times when we are able to actually put up a good fight.
I know alot of times we are being outzerged but even then you can have fun out there. Put together a small group and do a little guerilla warfare. Sure you’re gonna end up getting run over occasionally doing that but you also find yourself in some really good skirmishes. And there’s nothing like causing a little havoc behind enemy lines.

I’ll tell you from personal experience I started off on HoD when the ge launched and sure it was fun to be able to say you were on the #1 server for a bit but then the novelty wears off and you want to be able to just go out there and pvp. I got tired of sitting in queues for 3 hours so I moved to TC after a couple weeks. I haven’t reverted it for a minute. TC’s community is amazing. Sure we aren’t gonna win every match but who cares as long as you are having fun. I have to say that I’m very proud that our server continues to show up even when we get behind in the score. I continue to have a great time in wvw whenever I’m out there.

Solanac/Scabz

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

@Nairb, Ya I focus on individual objectives or fights. Winning singular things is where the fun is. Winning the overall score proves nothing, unless you know that the other servers are equal population and equal activity levels during all times of the day.

Like if we could get a FA vs TC matchup, that would possibly be a close fight.

I know the design of wvwvw means FA and TC should try to team up against BG, but that just doesn’t happen with the way things work. I really hope they make an alliance system or something. Like commanders could designate a target and the other server could agree to it, and then in that tower/keep/camp’s area the other guys would show as friendlies. Of course there would need to be limits to it, like Stonemist Castle should probably not be an option, or most things in EB really. But in normal borderland maps, it would make since to be able to make temporary alliances to take down the bigger highly populated servers. And just posting on this forum to try and do something like that doesn’t work well at all, there needs to be an ingame system for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Quick comment regarding those talking about TC doesn’t try for Stonemist…

Back in the beginning of the match I suggested taking and holding SM (We had blown several holes in the outer walls already). When I asked why we don’t hold it, I got two answers.

1: It gets all the attention on us and we end up facing 2-on-1.
2: Stonemist changes hands so often it’s not really worth it.

Now admittedly SM is only 25 points, but still, if you can hold it for an amount of time it would certainly help. I find those to be silly reasons personally, but if a lot of people think that…

in WvW

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

We seem to be the jump point server. Let’s see if these newly transferred in guilds stay. If not, just seems to prove the brokeness of WvW.

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Quick comment regarding those talking about TC doesn’t try for Stonemist…

Back in the beginning of the match I suggested taking and holding SM (We had blown several holes in the outer walls already). When I asked why we don’t hold it, I got two answers.

1: It gets all the attention on us and we end up facing 2-on-1.
2: Stonemist changes hands so often it’s not really worth it.

Now admittedly SM is only 25 points, but still, if you can hold it for an amount of time it would certainly help. I find those to be silly reasons personally, but if a lot of people think that…

It all depends on our opponents. 2 Match-ups ago, we (TC) held SM the entire week. These last 2 weeks, it certainly would have proved a futile use of resources for us to attempt to hold SM for any amount of time. Though we did wrangle it away briefly Friday and Saturday nights.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

How in the hell did Blackgate get paired with FA and TC? The population issues alone guarantee an uneven match.

Blackgate was walking all over DB/FA two matches ago and then proceeded to get a ton of additional transfers. I have no idea how they wound back up down in this tier, unless they can win only by outzerging their opponents and get stomped in equal fights.

Which actually, is basically what I see happening. Plus BG players seem to be poor sports and, after you’ve crushed them in even fights several times, will roll over you with their mighty zerg and then laugh at your corpse.

Tarnished Coast players have, on the other hand, been class acts. I think a TC vs FA matchup would be fun. Both servers seem to be fairly close in terms of population.

I can only conclude there is one ‘extra’ server with a ‘huge’ population, so the worst of them is going to be pushed down a tier and fight servers that can’t really compete population wise. Not much we can do except keep fighting and try out best.

And don’t get discouraged by the score – score is simply a measure of total activity. If you get a group together and get out there and fight, you can be very successfull.

I feel like some people think if the other server is ‘winning’ they are just going to insta die when they zone into borderlands or something.

The server score has no relation whatsover to how much fun your group will have in Wuvwuv

People need to get that into their heads. In fact, if the enemy server owns everything, that’s just more targets for you to hit. More karma and exp and gold you can attain. You just have to get good at avoiding their zergs and moving quickly.

You can go into wuvwuv when one enemy server is 150k points ahead and have exactly as much fun as if it was tied.

I also don’t get the people saying they want to leave servers and go to one that is ‘winning’. All that gives you is higher queue times. I don’t think I ever have to wait more than a minute or two for queues on FA, and I like it that way. I like the community we have here on FA and I think server hopping to ride the coattails of whoever happens to be ‘winning’ would not make you any happier.

(edited by Vorpal.4683)

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Th’ Shipwrecked Pirates be call’n Tarnished Coast home as well. We be known fer plunderin’ ur woman, drinkin’ ur grog, an stealin’ ur treasure. If ye run into th’ band ‘o pirates don’t be surprised if ye find yourself on th’ short end ‘o a long plank starin’ below at th’ bottomless ocean

Cap’n Arnie flies a black flag wit’ a white anchor. He does ‘tis as a reminder to his crew ’o th’ trials they faced after th’ loss ‘o th’ Salty Maid ‘n th’ shame that overwhelms a scurvy pirate who becomes shipwrecked. It continues to be worn by th’ crew to reinforce our resolve to not let th’ Salty Maid ever fall again lest they all be off below wit’ her.

Yarrrrrrrrr

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in WvW

R E F L H E X.8413

One thing I liked about the coast was the pink crew.

“Pink crew move out”.

All of us in pink that was great. They really need to do away with team colors in pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I do have one message for Blackgate though: some of you people have absolutely no class. When you steamroll 2-3 people with 30+, dancing and laughing on their corpse just shows you are BAD at PVP. Anyone skilled knows such a lopsided fight is not worth bragging about. Yet I’ve seen more boasting and /emote stuff this matchup than I have ever seen since the game launched. I know some of you value sportsmanship, but a good chunk of you guys are just plain terrible. I can only assume that tons of random people transfered to ride the success of the good PVPers on Blackgate and those are the ones making you guys look bad.

+1

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

One thing I liked about the coast was the pink crew.

“Pink crew move out”.

All of us in pink that was great. They really need to do away with team colors in pvp.

I agree. They should make the colors of the NAMES be your team, but let people show their dye colors.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

IC – Iron Chaos of TC
Specialty: Pest Control / Engineer Strike Team / Scouting
Story: We are DAOC vets who love Warhammer.

We are a VERY small specialty team. We have some good players who don’t give up no matter what the odds. You might have seen us in action last night in TC BL helping take back DE and Garrison. Other than Sceptus, you might have seen Colbane or Hern.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

(edited by sceptus.9415)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

How in the hell did Blackgate get paired with FA and TC? The population issues alone guarantee an uneven match.

For the uninformed, the last 3 weeks of Blackgate Wv3:

2 weeks ago. While we finally won the BG/DB/TA match up decidedly, most people were sure DB was going to win until half way through the match. ~ Wed Blackgate was -20k against DB, in one day we clawed to +15k and ended up winning by ~ +40k. The forums blew up with conspiracy theories and everyone seemed to agree that BG got a bunch of “EU guilds” who turned us around. That’s total malarkey. BG won because of herculean efforts by existing guilds and players. Period. We moved to T2.

Last week. We got roasted in SBI/IoJ/BG. It was as bad for us as it is for you guys this match. I don’t even remember the final score, it was like 200/80/35. The worst part was Blackgate just gave up after the weekend. I lost a lot of respect for Blackgate. After that match, SBI went to T1, IoJ stayed at T2 and we dropped to T3.

This week. This time we actually did get a bunch of new PvP guilds, including several ex-Titan Alliance guilds. The influx of new PvP guilds this match up is the dominating reason BG is doing so much better inT3 than it’s ELO score would indicate.

(edited by Aeden.5896)

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

Aeden, during that last BG/DB/FA match, didn’t a significant handful of DB WvW guilds jump from DB to BG mid-match? Maybe it was a herculean effort to a degree, but if your primary opposition jumped to your server, allowing a surge in points based on the shift of opposition to your side of the fence, then that kinda paints a bit more of a picture.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Haydez.3180

Haydez.3180

LotD transferred over to Blackgate after the Friday reset. We’re having fun, and we were looking for a server with coordinated coverage. Having been on ET where the server didn’t have any oceanic coverage meant that all of our NA primetime work would just to go waste each week we advanced to Tier 1 matchups. Blackgate seems to have good coverage during oceanic times, and we’ll do what we can to help out the NA coverage times.

Guildmaster
Lords of the Dead
www.lotd.org

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

The bottom line is that transfers are making a mockery of their rating system.
And yes, during the BG/DB/FA match BG was very aggressively trying to recruit guilds from DB. They succeeded to some extent and I remember a lot of people on DB not being happy about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Aeden, during that last BG/DB/FA match, didn’t a significant handful of DB WvW guilds jump from DB to BG mid-match? Maybe it was a herculean effort to a degree, but if your primary opposition jumped to your server, allowing a surge in points based on the shift of opposition to your side of the fence, then that kinda paints a bit more of a picture.

If that’s true, they had low visibility. Afaik there weren’t any guilds added to the Blackgate war council and I saw no new guilds making things happen in the field ([Urge] and [RQ] made the big plays, though obviously most players contributed). At least when I was on, it was the same guilds/people the entire match. That rumor would have some modicum of credibility if the names of these guilds were mentioned, but, interestingly, they never were (in these forums or guildwars2guru).

Guilds may have left DB (not my server so I wouldn’t know). That would have helped BG nearly as much as getting new guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I saw a lot of ELTE and Urge this weekend. A little too much of ELTE as they sacked the TC garrison a few times with good tactics. We learned a lot from them.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Well I can’t speak for everyone on FA, but Unlimited has been having a blast in WvW. FA might be outnumbered on both fronts, but that hasn’t stopped groups of us from being a tactical annoyance. ;] Cheers to future battles.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

If that’s true, they had low visibility. Afaik there weren’t any guilds added to the Blackgate war council and I saw no new guilds making things happen in the field ([Urge] and [RQ] made the big plays, though obviously most players contributed). At least when I was on, it was the same guilds/people the entire match. That rumor would have some modicum of credibility if the names of these guilds were mentioned, but, interestingly, they never were (in these forums or guildwars2guru).

Guilds may have left DB (not my server so I wouldn’t know). That would have helped BG nearly as much as getting new guilds.

The DB guilds that jumped to BG had someone state that they were staying out of WvW for the remainder of the match-up, so that’s probably why they had low visibility. I was merely pointing out the impact of having your primary opposition move to your server in the middle of match, whether they stay out of WvW or not. I’m not placing any blame or complaining about it, was just adding a little perspective to it from what I saw on Guru.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

-EP
-RELM
-SWAG
-TSG (Yay Aussies!)
-FLUX

Please add Bloodgale Vanguard (BGV) to that list. Commander Fel. We have 15+ during our official WvW nights, although we generally always have a group out there fighting. Working on a second commander book too.

We have loved the challenge this week, and seeing all that TC pride in BG borderland last night, was awesome. Love this server.

in WvW

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

For the uninformed, the last 3 weeks of Blackgate Wv3:

2 weeks ago. While we finally won the BG/DB/TA match up decidedly, most people were sure DB was going to win until half way through the match. ~ Wed Blackgate was -20k against DB, in one day we clawed to +15k and ended up winning by ~ +40k. The forums blew up with conspiracy theories and everyone seemed to agree that BG got a bunch of “EU guilds” who turned us around. That’s total malarkey. BG won because of herculean efforts by existing guilds and players. Period. We moved to T2.

Last week. We got roasted in SBI/IoJ/BG. It was as bad for us as it is for you guys this match. I don’t even remember the final score, it was like 200/80/35. The worst part was Blackgate just gave up after the weekend. I lost a lot of respect for Blackgate. After that match, SBI went to T1, IoJ stayed at T2 and we dropped to T3.

This week. This time we actually did get a bunch of new PvP guilds, including several ex-Titan Alliance guilds. The influx of new PvP guilds this match up is the dominating reason BG is doing so much better inT3 than it’s ELO score would indicate.

u surely were not playing neither or probably some random hopper who just hop in our server. A lot of us didn’t give up and played hard. Deys managed to own the entire map a couple time but SBI overpwned us eventually.

our score was very close IOJ and SBI leaded around 100 – 150k

(edited by Liza.2758)

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

My guild recently jumped over to Blackgate from Ehmry Bay because well Ehmry Bay was just really lacking in the WvW department.

So far we have enjoyed being in Blackgate, last week we got stomped but I know my guild was on the field trying even though we were down so much. Overall there is just far more action in these tiers.

So people are thinking that Blackgate may just be really bad because we got stomped last week and now we are stomping this week. I can’t answer that myself. I can say my guild is good and when we take the field we make progress. What I do know, is we just had a bunch of guilds transfer over to Blackgate and now there is a commanding night crew presence on this server were the prior week there was very little.

My guild and I had been expecting a close match up in T3 this week against FA and TC. However this sudden transfer to Blackgate has stopped that and was clearly evident after the awesome Friday prime time fight then waking up to see that BG took everything overnight. It was a blast on Friday guys, and it was close with BG barely in the lead over TC. So over all for the NA prime time we are pretty close.

Dunno how it will go next week. Will the new night crew leave or stay? Will we have a chance in T2? A.Net really needs to do away with the free transfers so we can get real WvW rankings happening.

As to sportsmanship, I have read a number saying Blackgate is horrible. All I can say is its PvP, gonna happen on every single server no matter what. There will be immature pricks who will do stupid crap like that EVERYWHERE. You can blame us or them or what not, but its the truth. My guild and I do not condone that behavior and come down on members who do that crap. All I can ask is others do the same. Everybody can take some responsibility and call out un-sportsmanlike behavior.

Overall this past week I have had some good battles against TC. Sorry FA dunno about your server but the only good battles I have been in have all been against TA maybe we just have not really met up on the battlefield yet. GG to TA for still offering up a good fight and not giving up! Thank you for keeping it real.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

As to sportsmanship, I have read a number saying Blackgate is horrible. All I can say is its PvP, gonna happen on every single server no matter what. There will be immature pricks who will do stupid crap like that EVERYWHERE. You can blame us or them or what not, but its the truth. My guild and I do not condone that behavior and come down on members who do that crap. All I can ask is others do the same. Everybody can take some responsibility and call out un-sportsmanlike behavior.

I’ve just noticed the bragging and taunting from Blackgate to be more than I’ve seen since the game launched. Of course your server isn’t to blame, it just seems like there are a lot more pricks than one would usually see in a PVP setting.

I understand that this doesn’t represent your whole server. It just has stood out more than any other server I’ve played against. Really, when 20 people steamroll a group of 2-3… the terrible PVPers are the type who feel the need to taunt on the dead bodies.