10/19: Fort Aspenwood, Tarnished Coast, Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: micah.9704

micah.9704

guess ill think twice before going afk for 5 minutes in a clear keep again.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

guess ill think twice before going afk for 5 minutes in a clear keep again.

It happens to all of us my friend. Have a good one and see you on the field.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

micah.9704

that was me you /bowed /kneeled to at dawns

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

So heres what I think happened.

People like to win, their is nothing you can do about that, some/most people are only going to play when it is close or you are winning. That is why on the first day on FA we had 2 BLs and EB full and a 3rd BL almost full for most of primetime. The trouble begins when 2 teams log off and 1 team captures everything.

This results in 2 things. A stat advantage for the team who has the most players and a positioning advatnage, they start with everything and lots of upgrades the next day. So what happens is those same people from the night before log in and see their team 20k points down with 100 points on the board. Now some of them might join and try and get some towers and keeps back but after 30 minutes of fighting against a team that not only has superior numbers but a 15% stat advantage is simply a fight that cannot be won, so they do what most do and they leave.

It is a fundamental flaw in the game design that cannot be quick fixed away, it is a flaw that I think 95% of us recognize quite clearly and it is a flaw that hopefully Anet will not be scared to fix by making major changes to the way WvW works.

It is 10:05 server time and the only que is for EB (which happens to be the only map we actually have decent territory). This is not a good sign just 1 day after reset, especially for a matchup that had just 1000 points split FA and TC after the first 8 hours.

in WvW

sceptus.9415

that was me you /bowed /kneeled to at dawns

You are an excellent player and I wanted to honor you.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

micah.9704

lol, ok :P

was definitely a first

in WvW

sceptus.9415

You will run into this type of thing from TC players now and then. Winning is one thing, being complete jerks about it is another. We would rather those type of people play elsewhere.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

micah.9704

so yeah, i just stumbled upon a train of golems that TC is building at green supply and was walking/portaling torwards redbriar (fa bl).

i think theres about 7 of them in my screenshots.

in WvW

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

wow, so i was in garrison (fa) i alt-tabbed long enough to post the last message.
no swords on garrison at all, before i alt-tabbed.

after posting i alt-tab back in and im dead in garrison courtyard and TC now owns it.

everyone in chat saying it just instantly flipped with no swords ever appearing.

i was alt-tabbed less than 3 minutes and garrison went from being clear to changed possession.

No defenses except a few people were in garrison.
We had 3 golems.
We had 2 rams.

I know we took it quickly but we have been planning it for hours.

I totally understand the frustration, especially about the night crew each server has. TC took a beating last week but we also learned a lot from BG.

Good thing you learned to recruit night time players.
Its natural that they band together on a few servers but that means that those servers have such a huge advantage that its hardly worth playing.

They need to do something about it or WvW will die pretty quick and no one wants that. Its not fun losing big time because of this but its not fun winning because of it either since it means you have no WvW for 5 days of the week.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in WvW

sceptus.9415

Arg! We were seen! Fail golem group.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

sceptus.9415

wow, so i was in garrison (fa) i alt-tabbed long enough to post the last message.
no swords on garrison at all, before i alt-tabbed.

after posting i alt-tab back in and im dead in garrison courtyard and TC now owns it.

everyone in chat saying it just instantly flipped with no swords ever appearing.

i was alt-tabbed less than 3 minutes and garrison went from being clear to changed possession.

No defenses except a few people were in garrison.
We had 3 golems.
We had 2 rams.

I know we took it quickly but we have been planning it for hours.

I totally understand the frustration, especially about the night crew each server has. TC took a beating last week but we also learned a lot from BG.

Good thing you learned to recruit night time players.
Its natural that they band together on a few servers but that means that those servers have such a huge advantage that its hardly worth playing.

They need to do something about it or WvW will die pretty quick and no one wants that. Its not fun losing big time because of this but its not fun winning because of it either since it means you have no WvW for 5 days of the week.

I agree with everything you said. You won’t get an argument from me. I want a clean, fair fight. I refuse to spawn camp too. I’m doing other things far from those spots. I’m really sorry this is happening to you guys at FA. All of you seem to be a good bunch. Not so sure about the evil DB folks though. I kid I kid. I think we have some folks eager for some payback after DB spanked us a few weeks ago. The sad thing is, DB isn’t the same server it was… DUE TO LOUSY TRANSFERS.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Brainload.3742

Brainload.3742

Good times at Woodhaven tonight, FA. Cheers.

Teolin Black – 80 Ranger
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

well… just to tell you this…

TOAST is an acronym for The Organisation Against Server Transfers xD

But about this week.. well.. it’s odd.. I never really expected this to happen, allthough I am ramping up badges like a madman atm .. .so can’t complain and the fights have been really fun so far

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

This is the first time I’ve seen TC actually having a presence at night. Not gonna complain though. We seem to have a bunch of fairweather PvPers, because again, the first time we’ve had queues like this. It’s incredibly annoying lol.

But yeah, as someone clever said earlier – MOAR GARNISHED TOAST BUTTERLANDS!

in WvW

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

I propose a temporary peace between FA and Dragonbrand. We’re both outmanned by the TC zergs – how about we team against them for a while.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Yes despite what everyone says, the score does impact participation…both ways….never seen so many TC folks online at night :P Raw numbers + mass siege/golems = win.

Seems some thinking around dealing with overwhelming numbers needs to be thought about from a design perspective. AOE target limits – lessons zerg busting choke points, the downed state is a challenge in outnumbered situations as well. Outside a thief, standing still long enough to stomp an opponent when outmaned is often a death sentence, combined with it being very easy for the larger force to rez any of their players that happens to fall. Smaller groups can run around and ninja some targets – but atm, crossed swords is like the dinner bell, so nothing stays flipped long enough to bring any meaningful points.

Also, as the scoring does impact participation (and fun for some) I think they should add some scaling to the pt accumaltion that accounts for opposition numbers…run the map with little opposition (ie off peak zerg) you earn less pts/ticks…this would help limit runaway scores and better reflect risk/reward/strategic play

FA – late night seems we are fairly outgunned atm…need some more leadership/guilds to step up, should prolly pick 1-2 maps to try and field some semblence of numbers on and just abondon the others (or split them with DB – they load map A, we load map B, and overflow from both goes to C etc ) We often seem thinly spread across many.

(edited by rhonyn.6810)

in WvW

micah.9704

some guy named pooka from [revo] joined fa bl a couple hours ago.
said he just came to the server, been talking non stop trash for hours and hasnt accomplished anything.

hurray for new transfers ><

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

@TJV: i was helping to coordinate the defense on the TC borderlands today, and y’all both kept us on our heels for most of the day. if it wasn’t FA that was hitting us, it was DB, and often times both though in different areas. we broke away from the zerg strategy as much as possible there. the last match against BG taught us a lot, and got a lot of people focused on playing defense. we learned ways to break zergs and counter siege because we had to. we also learned how to make the number of people we had fight like we were many more. it was the only way we could hold anything against BG, if even for only a few hours. for most of the day, it seemed like the numbers were pretty even there and the larger battles were back and forth ones. personally, i had a blast today. it was some very exciting stuff.

@rhonyn:
the point scaling does sound like it would be a good fix. though, i would go with a ratio of how many people happen to be on a given map, and make the points based off of the areas the server with less people has scale up accordingly. if 10 people can take a place and hold it against 50, those 10 people did a whole lot better during that time. though, there would need to be some sort of way to make sure people didn’t all just leave that map right before the round ended to try to exploit the system.

also, as for people not joining WvW based on what the score is, believe me, you don’t want those people in there anyway. they have no heart, and will crumble at the first sign of a challenge. difficulty teaches us far more than simplicity ever could. it also makes you grow stronger. you might not be able to hold a decent chunk of the map, but you can still observe and learn. watch what’s being thrown at you, and how it’s done. then you can practice it, and add it to your own arsenal. you can also work on developing counters for those methods. then, when the fair weather troops come back, you can help lift them to even greater heights. when you lead by example, you’ll find that people will indeed follow. it make take time but if your example is a good one, it will happen.

in WvW

TJV.6239

@TJV: i was helping to coordinate the defense on the TC borderlands today, and y’all both kept us on our heels for most of the day. if it wasn’t FA that was hitting us, it was DB, and often times both though in different areas. we broke away from the zerg strategy as much as possible there. the last match against BG taught us a lot, and got a lot of people focused on playing defense. we learned ways to break zergs and counter siege because we had to. we also learned how to make the number of people we had fight like we were many more. it was the only way we could hold anything against BG, if even for only a few hours. for most of the day, it seemed like the numbers were pretty even there and the larger battles were back and forth ones. personally, i had a blast today. it was some very exciting stuff.

@rhonyn:
the point scaling does sound like it would be a good fix. though, i would go with a ratio of how many people happen to be on a given map, and make the points based off of the areas the server with less people has scale up accordingly. if 10 people can take a place and hold it against 50, those 10 people did a whole lot better during that time. though, there would need to be some sort of way to make sure people didn’t all just leave that map right before the round ended to try to exploit the system.

also, as for people not joining WvW based on what the score is, believe me, you don’t want those people in there anyway. they have no heart, and will crumble at the first sign of a challenge. difficulty teaches us far more than simplicity ever could. it also makes you grow stronger. you might not be able to hold a decent chunk of the map, but you can still observe and learn. watch what’s being thrown at you, and how it’s done. then you can practice it, and add it to your own arsenal. you can also work on developing counters for those methods. then, when the fair weather troops come back, you can help lift them to even greater heights. when you lead by example, you’ll find that people will indeed follow. it make take time but if your example is a good one, it will happen.

Yeah, I remember that game. Unfortunately now we suffer from a lot of players jumping ship a few games back. We have almost no numbers. We’re trying, and you guys are doing good, but we won’t win this game because we don’t have any players.

We’re still not trying to make it easy for you. It’s just frustrating to get into a fight and realise we are outnumbered in every possible way. That said the huge fight yesterday (or the day before) where we were trying to take Dragonbrand Garrison was awesome. You guys did very good there. I think we could have won that fight if only FA weren’t taking the resources at Arah from us every few minutes, and if the TC guys hadn’t been taking the resources from Godsword every 5 minutes as well.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

I had a LOT of fun playing tonight in the FA BL. We tried over and over to get the Orb, but couldn’t get inside. Bed time for me.

The only issue I was having all night was the absolute disgrace that was our team chat. 3 guys were constantly trolling about religion, (mainly one character named “Godslayer Hitchens” I think is how he spelled it, his player tag is MISTER WONDERFUL.6930) and insulting Commanders on the field. Absolutely disgusting, I really wish these guys would either grow up, get reported enough to have something done about them, or just stop playing the game altogether.

Blocking is also a WONDERFUL feature. I suggest you guys use it against this guy as soon as you can, this guy is a 100% troll. I really hate to do so in a game where communication is so important, but these individuals have no plan to help anyone with anything. Really frustrating trying to get things situated when the chat is blown up with troll, and people feeding the troll.

This was the same guy from last week, if anyone who follows this thread was there, who took an Orb of Power, runs it back to our keep, and then sits around and dances with it claiming that he won’t put it in the Altar unless someone gives him 100g. We reported him then and he’s still around, unfortunately.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

@Galrukh.6532 What a typical QQ post. I’m sorry but why don’t you quit complaining and fight like the rest of your server? What happened last week when both TC and FA had to face the wrath of Blackgate? From our perspective, FA decided to roll over and let Blackgate rub their tummies and, only towards the end of the week, did you decide to get organised and cap stuff so that we would both be pushed down to Tier 4 for a more balanced match. Thanks for that btw! I honestly believe this week is more balanced! ^^ And no, I’m not being sarcastic or snarky!

Even now, having got the supposedly more balanced match you fought for, you say it’s fixed and give up. I don’t think FA should give up at all. Where will being passive get you? Be like others on your server and continue to fight even if it looks bad. Even if you don’t win, you can still annoy the other team.

What irks me the most about your post is that you blame TC for ruining the match. I paid for this game too. I have no obligations to you and can play whenever I want to. Your point would’ve been valid if we had been doing what Blackgate were doing to HoD and ET i.e. capping all of your spawn points with siege. Except we haven’t.

And if the shoe had been on the other foot and you were in the lead, I’m certain TCers wouldn’t complain. Grow up. You’re never going to get an easy match from TC if that’s what you want. We don’t hold our horses or give you courtesy caps (which are condescending!). And I don’t think we’d want you to make it easy for us either.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in WvW

TJV.6239

Dragonbrand suffered a little earlier. My team built 6 (yes 6) trebs in Dragonbrand garrison, 1 of which that could reach the walls we were aiming for. I think it was disgraceful because it sapped a LOT of supplies that could have been used elsewhere. While our whole team was focussed on trying to bring down the walls with 6 siege weapons that weren’t doing anything, the TC team brought 2 siege golems and 20 guys to the walls and brought them down, all because no-one would listen to the advice of a few experienced players suggesting we ignore Dreaming Bay and instead take TC’s supplies and attack a tower.

In the end we lost Dragonbrand Garrison as well as those 6 trebs, costing us a significant amount of resources and points (considering how upgraded the Garrison was at that point).

Nice job Dragonbrand.

Also, nice job TC for taking advantage of our inability to properly coordinate against you. I mean that (I’m not trying to be sarcastic). You had half our army engaged at Dreaming Bay (again because they refused to listen to intelligent advice) and then ripped down our walls while the other half of the army were being idiots around the Trebs. There were a few of our guys listening to advice and attacking behind your lines, but it wasn’t enough to do anything. Those guys I commend though.

You bated our army very well. You set up some arrow carts and pulled a chunk of our army away from the walls. Very wise move on your part…very stupid move on DB’s part (again…more reason to listen to other players).

I just wanted to congratulate you on your excellent tactics.
Thanks.
(From a disillusioned but loyal Dragonbrand WvWer)

Shalom
Tyler Joe

(edited by TJV.6239)

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

This match up as been descent. Still not neck and neck as I personally like, but for my time in the maps it’s been exciting. I have noticed a little bit better stronger night presence, but not overwhelming as other times we have been stomped.

The other night it was great seeing Dragonbrand wake up and rally it’s strong forces pushing us back out of their territory. It made trying to retake the keeps day exciting

I’m not as active as many of the others here, but I for one am very proud of our server. match after match win or lose we have overall stood together pretty strong. When we lose we have kept fighting. It’s been a great experience. I commend all those commanders with and without badges that have done a great job. To name a few off the top of my head(with probably spelling mistakes and no order), Zudoria, Corypheus, Madember, Ordinzu, Barroh….. sigh sorry mind draws a blank now, but I have traveled with others and :P

Anyways. FA and DB keep going. Holding strong when losing sharpens the team tactics. Don’t get discouraged even though it’s easy too.

also to another reply. I personally like the score, but I would rather have people keep on coming into the WvW. So if given a vote. remove them until the end of the match. everylast sword and every manned keep helps.

I don’t need no stinking signature.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

We were 10 people, I was the mesmer who ported them inside xD

we just had a good distraction out

oh and it was 3 golems, and well.. we shredded your unapgraded gates with timewarp xD

oh btw.. it was clone wars… we had 3 mesmers in that group

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers

in WvW

TJV.6239

We were 10 people, I was the mesmer who ported them inside xD

we just had a good distraction out

oh and it was 3 golems, and well.. we shredded your unapgraded gates with timewarp xD

oh btw.. it was clone wars… we had 3 mesmers in that group

It was a very good tactic.

I think we could have put up a better fight though if Dragonbrand players would just coordinate with each other, and if they would listen to experienced player.

Nice job though. Congrats on taking the garrison.

Shalom
Tyler Joe

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

I understand the frustration level from DB and FA due to the current scoring, but I have to point out something….

Yes the object of WvW is winning, but this is a game, and when we login at night we’re looking for enjoyment. I logged in last night, and yes, we had a sizeable lead. I went to Dragonbrand BL, and despite the #’s saying TC was dominating… FA and DB put up a fierce fight.

For about five hours straight, DB and FA rallied and kept on us. It was a top notch night of WvW in my book. Epic battles at Garrison (all three servers there?), great keep assaults and defense, tons of flanking and actual large scale strategy from all three servers.

I was very impressed. It was non-stop action. Half the time we’d clear a camp from one server’s zerg, only to have the third server jump into the action and throw things into chaos. I absolutely loved it.

My point being… yes, the score may seem lopsided right now, but our prime time crews are definitely a competitive matchup. I encourage all players to continue what they’re doing here, because I’m not sure how anyone didn’t have fun in Dragonbrand last night. It was a great time… and that is the real point of WvW.

TC, keep it up. You guys continue to impress the hell out of me. I’ve never met a server of people so dedicated to drama free teamwork in a large-scale PvP atmosphere. You guys make this game WAY too much fun. Thanks for another quality night.

Fel

(edited by Fel.8195)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

Just a reminder to keep it classy as stated in the first post, already another match up thread has been locked for being full of inflammatory posts.

:)

Also really great to see DB and FA fighting back all the time .. reminds me of TC when we were getting smashed

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

TJV: That’s the spirit! If TC is better at WvW now it’s only because we learned things during our matchup against Blackgate. If everyone goes into this with the mindset of learning new tactics and improving your game play in WvW, you will enjoy it alot more. Focusing on not having the lead is so frustrating. Remember, it’s about fun. Never give up, never surrender!

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

@Phantom – I hear you on numbers, but the issue is that in 7 day 24 hour matches across 4 maps (and getting longer – 2weeks), player population/participation is a major (biggest?) driver. Smart play by 10 players, on one map, during one portion of a the day/night, is not going to impact the macro score dramtically. Every server has “fairweather” players, and is impacted by transfers extra – I don’t think anyone has a monopoly on that. Servers falling behind in scores get less and less particiaption and those winning get more and more which creates even a larger discrepency in numbers on the maps. The score is superficial, but as we have all seen in this, and past matches it does impact participation (up and down) and impacts numbers “balance” in a match. It is less impactful during primetime as servers come close to pop caps…but outside primetime, when caps aren’t even close to being achieved it is felt more acutely. See you on the field.

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

I spent waaaaay too much time on EB yesterday, and into the night. FA fought hard for most of the day – during a couple of hours in prime time the FA zerg actually out numbered ours, mostly because we had people split off and defending everywhere. FA’s coordination also improved during primetime by quite a bit – we got sandwitched a couple of times at Gol, counter-rushed at a couple of towers…etc. Much fun was had~

When FA set up trebs to the SE of SM it took a LOT of effort to gather enough people to take them down – it’s hard to attack a well defended location with a smaller force. In the end it took our trebbers readjusting aim to take it down. Props to the trebbers – their contribution is invaluable even though they have to deal with a pretty boring task.

By comparison to FA, DB did not have much of a presence at all until the very end of prime time, when they all of a sudden appeared in numbers and took back most of their holdings while TC and FA were busy butting heads down south.

One thing I’ve noticed is that while the TC pugs bring tons of siege with them, FA and DB do not. Even when FA/DB clearly has the numbers to use 3-4 rams and take a tower/keep exponentially faster, they usually just end up with 1-2. Cats and ballistas were rare sights. Of course, dropping lots of rams for the sake of speed has its drawbacks too – for much of prime time TC reached the ram cap and had to resort to single golems (when people got tired of autoattacking), extremely short range trebs, and autoattack (we took 3 towers with autoattack…yeah…) for siege purposes.

It’s a shame the score is lopsided, but it certainly does not measure the fun to be had in WvWvW. I’m looking forward to more fun tonight~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

I would like to commend Dragonbrand for putting up solid fights last night on their home borderland. We tried for hours to take Longview and were defeated several times. The fights at Arahs were pretty large and epic. Thank you all for not throwing in the towel.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

Galrukh.6532

I totally called this one.

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Never give up. Fight until you’re the last standing and then fight more.

in WvW

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Its not just the score, any side who wins the graveyard shift sort of ruins it overall for the rest of the day, even if those other times are even numbers.

When one side wins the night, then you wake up, and find everything not just owned by the other side, but massively fortified. And arrowcarts everywhere – couldn’t move very far on FA BL without coming up against bottlenecks with obscene amounts of arrowcart coverage. And once a side has enough trebs, they can effectively keep any other in range trebs from countering them.

Limits on the siege weapons in WvW need to be lowered, or even remove arrow carts entirely. Its dominating the fights and I wonder why we even have different classes. This isn’t an attack on TC, but rather the game mechanics. You gotta use (abuse) the system or else it will be done back to you.

People focus on the orbs (which are a problem too), but when one side has all the artillery, evenly matched fights won’t ever happen even with equal numbers at primetime.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

PiNK’s star is now displayed over DB Garrison. We declare this land to be the Garnished Toast Butterlands! XD

in WvW

Galrukh.6532

@Galrukh.6532 What a typical QQ post. I’m sorry but why don’t you quit complaining and fight like the rest of your server? What happened last week when both TC and FA had to face the wrath of Blackgate? From our perspective, FA decided to roll over and let Blackgate rub their tummies and, only towards the end of the week, did you decide to get organised and cap stuff so that we would both be pushed down to Tier 4 for a more balanced match. Thanks for that btw! I honestly believe this week is more balanced! ^^ And no, I’m not being sarcastic or snarky!

Even now, having got the supposedly more balanced match you fought for, you say it’s fixed and give up. I don’t think FA should give up at all. Where will being passive get you? Be like others on your server and continue to fight even if it looks bad. Even if you don’t win, you can still annoy the other team.

What irks me the most about your post is that you blame TC for ruining the match. I paid for this game too. I have no obligations to you and can play whenever I want to. Your point would’ve been valid if we had been doing what Blackgate were doing to HoD and ET i.e. capping all of your spawn points with siege. Except we haven’t.

And if the shoe had been on the other foot and you were in the lead, I’m certain TCers wouldn’t complain. Grow up. You’re never going to get an easy match from TC if that’s what you want. We don’t hold our horses or give you courtesy caps (which are condescending!). And I don’t think we’d want you to make it easy for us either.

Yes it sounds like QQ I realise that but its the honest truth, you ruined the match for yourself (and everyone else).
When I logged off friday while we were slightly in the lead I said as my goodbye that we shouldnt take too much or we might ruin the match for the week, when I logged on the next day TC had done exactly that with their nightime crew. You dont just ruin the match for us, you ruin it for yourself (unless you dont enjoy fair fights ofcourse).

You have no obligation to not roflstomp us but if you do, you have no WvW for 5 days of the week. Its the simple truth.

I was out fighting yesterday, for a long time and I was out friday so dont tell me to come out and fight, Im there but I probably wont be on the weekdays because you will be so far ahead that we cant get anywhere near your numbers and thus it stops being fun for everyone including you and me. If you dont give people a glimmer of hope, they wont come out. Its pretty telling that friday our queue was 1-2 hours, saturday there was no queue at all.

(edited by Galrukh.6532)

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

I have to say I do get your frustration we (TC) were getting smashed last week, but the one difference I have to say is we never gave up. Yes we would wake up to losing the whole map but we spent the day fighting back. To FA.. you guys do have strong forces and great players keep it up. DB .. I think you guys have good players too I cant tell tho I never see you. Come back out and play. Keep it clean good fun. Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

But that’s not really how WvW works. And did you make sure that got around to EVERYONE on your server? Because I’m sure they would’ve capped stuff if we took the same approach. You’re blaming TC for playing the game… That doesn’t make sense and it’s not very nice, really ._. We haven’t done anything wrong.

Your point would be valid IF we had done what Blackgate had done i.e. camping all of your spawn exits with siege and AoE to make sure you could not get out at all. I’ve been on Fort Aspenwood Borderlands since the reset and it is so difficult to keep anything up north. Your zerg turns up and flips towers and then we get pushed back south until more people turn up to help and we get some coordination going. Your borderlands are literally flipping 24/7.

And no, we have no WvW if you choose not to fight. That’s not our fault. You’re making a conscious decision not to participate. Other people on your server, however, are still fighting and making our lives hell on your borderlands. It’s not the truth. It’s your opinion.

If I lose, I don’t take it lying down. Tarnished Coast have been taking that approach with everything. Last week, we continued to fight EVERY NIGHT and pushed our way up to 100k points. Don’t blame the other server for morale problems. Even when we lost, we kept our morale up. Why can’t you yourself do the same?

Would you rather we gave you condescending courtesy caps to give you that glimmer or hope? Like Fel said, we login to play for fun. And we like expanding our Butterland borders.

EDIT: I don’t mean to be mean or rude or anything like that! ^^;

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Yes it sounds like QQ I realise that but its the honest truth, you ruined the match for yourself (and everyone else).
When I logged off friday while we were slightly in the lead I said as my goodbye that we shouldnt take too much or we might ruin the match for the week, when I logged on the next day TC had done exactly that with their nightime crew. You dont just ruin the match for us, you ruin it for yourself (unless you dont enjoy fair fights ofcourse).

You have no obligation to not roflstomp us but if you do, you have no WvW for 5 days of the week. Its the simple truth.

I was out fighting yesterday, for a long time and I was out friday so dont tell me to come out and fight, Im there but I probably wont be on the weekdays because you will be so far ahead that we cant get anywhere near your numbers and thus it stops being fun for everyone including you and me. If you dont give people a glimmer of hope, they wont come out. Its pretty telling that friday our queue was 1-2 hours, saturday there was no queue at all.

That’s a bit unfair don’t you think so? You’ve fought against TC along with Blackgate. The same night crew you’re blaming right now are the same people that went against BG’s massive armies for hours to the very end even if they’re aware that there’s no chance of winning. They’ve done their best in that match, you should have been aware they’ll do the same in this one.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I played Friday night and it was a blast. All three servers in close competition, stiff fighting all around. FA was (narrowly) in the lead when I logged off Friday night, each realm had one orb.

Looked every bit like the promising, well balanced, fun matchup we were hoping for.

Couldn’t play at all Saturday due to being out of town. Log on Sunday afternoon and TC owns EVERYTHING. FA has like one supply camp and DB has literally nothing.

TC also has 3 orbs. Ooook then.

What happened? I don’t even know. Pop my head into a couple of the zones to see if there is scope for retaking and there are ginormous TC zergs running around and no presence from FA/DB at all.

At this point I have to realize that WuvWuv is fundamentally broken. As soon as one server gets ahead and gets all 3 orbs, the other servers just seem to give up. This is true across all servers and all tiers.

Last week, every single bracket in the top 5 tiers was a lopsided 400k+ lead blowout. There are no good matches in wuvwuv, none. There won’t be any until server transfers stop, but even then, a serious mechanics change is needed. The orb bonus is absurdly ridiculous and needs to go. They need to find ways to teach people that the lopsided score doesn’t matter you can still go out and win and have fun.

As it is it seems like every bit of information they present to players is designed to discourage them from staging combebacks.

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

Just how broken is wuvwuv? Blackgate is dominating its two servers even more harshly than it beat TC/FA last week – and they are supposedly up against better servers this time around.

in WvW

Galrukh.6532

Im not really blaming as much as stating the facts. The blame 100% lies with the game design, you choose to take advantage of it and we either choose not to or are not able to (because of low nighttime numbers).
It stops being fun when I KNOW that you will have at least 30% more players then we do, when I KNOW you can cap whatever you want whenever you want. I go out there and so do others, but when we have 0 queue I know its not the numbers we need. The small skirmishes are still fun but the big fights are worthless because once we become a threat you just put together a zerg or 2 that are bigger than anything we can muster.

In addition to you having more players than we do which makes it really hard to do anything worthwhile, you also have all 3 orbs which just makes it that much harder.
I understand the reasoning behind capping everything and getting the orbs, its what WvW is all about after all. But you are still guaranteeing no WvW for 5 days and while itsnot your “fault” its still the result of your actions. I wish our people were out there, but they are not when the scores are what they are now.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

I used to think TC had class. They’re winning the weekend for sure but setting up trebs to hit the zone in lacks any type of class.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

People giving up due to the overall score are forgetting a couple things.

The bonuses earned from points over time isn’t just for the winner, sure they get more proportionately, but it’s still worth fighting for.

Winning often means moving up a tier in the rankings. If you’re getting stomped already, why be focused on winning? Learn what you can from the situation and don’t give up, it builds character.
(Granted, there isn’t much to learn from 100 beats 10, but that isn’t the situation in this match, or wouldn’t be if people didn’t give up simply because the score didn’t have them in an easy 1st. About setting up siege to hit the spawn exit, I’ve never seen us do that before and whoever is doing it, freakin stop, that ain’t how TC rolls, keep it classy….)

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

(edited by Thrashbarg.9820)

in WvW

Posted by: OldFrightful.2469

OldFrightful.2469

dont give people a glimmer of hope

A glimmer of hope is YOUR server’s responsibility. If you quit because you’re getting stomped – that’s that. You won’t have any hope. Please don’t insist that we have to not play in order to enjoy the game. TC is where it is (and capable of doing stuff like this) because it has a solid foundation of incredibly stubborn, personable people, not because we nightcapped on Friday.

Rather then complain and point fingers, your server should be looking at better organization and communication between guilds.

Negean Prime – PiNK Officer [Tarnished Coast]

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I used to think TC had class. They’re winning the weekend for sure but setting up trebs to hit the zone in lacks any type of class.

Wide sweeping gestures are not really the best way to judge an entire group. I would attribute that less to the server as a whole than to whoever is firing the treb. Of course, I would be remiss to point out that most zone in points have more than one exit. Not that this necessarily makes this better.

Having suffered this tactic or similar variations, I would dare to speak for a majority (and perhaps arrogantly, for which I apologize) and say that this is not something TC generally condones.

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Eh, it’s a morale buster. Not that I condone trebs hitting spawn exits, but it’s a tactic to be used when fighting morale.

As for game design or being broken.

It’s the players, not the game. We TC’ers fought against BG at night even when no FA’ers were in sight. We’ll continue to fight when we are down 100k or up 100k. It’s the nature of our server.

Stop complaining about the score and get out to fight. If you can’t fight alone, spam your map chats, organize your guilds, and come out with your dukes up.

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

Trebbing spawns is not fun, there are a lot of Toast that will speak out against that, but we can’t stop the idiots. if you can give us some idea of who is responsible I’m happy to talk to them about how to improve their game.

edit: @Scorpio: if this was a real war then morale busting would be good tactics, playing a game and destroying your opponents desire to play with you is just stupid and ruins the game for both of you.

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Grimpaw.7493)

in WvW

Vorpal.4683

They also need to do something about nightcapping. It’s completely saps the will to fight hard all primetime, spending gold to buy upgrades and put down siege..then in the night the enemy server with the best nightcapping crew (which is TC this go around) simply walks around and retakes everything with no opposition.

So the next day all the money you spent is gone, your upgrades are gone, all the progress you made is gone, the enemy has ALL the orbs, and all their stuff is upgraded to the max and they have arrow carts everywhere.

The first time that happens, it seems to spell the end of the match, pretty much. People realize it’s pointless and they refuse to throw hard earned money down the whole. This seems to hold true across all servers, in all tiers, since the game’s release. I’ve only seen 5-6 exceptions, one of which happened on FA when we beat out SOS. They had all oceanic players we had all NA players. They’d cap everything when we went to bed, we’d cap everything when they went to bed. The score was close but the good fights were not there at all. We won only because some dedicated guilds got up early in the morning the last couple days and recapped some stuff earlier than we would normally have been able to.

Thrilling come from behind win , right? Not really. The entire FA/SOS matchup was boring as hell we hardly ever saw each other.

FA has a very good NA primetime crew – and almost no off hours coverage at all. If Arena.net doesn’t want such servers to just collapse and die, they need to fix their wuvwuv scoring system. We do very well in primetime, being competitive against everyone we’ve faced. Then we wake up the next day and everything we worked so hard for is gone. And then people stop showing up. This is arena.net’s fault, not the players fault. People work towards progress. If you are going to take away all the progress they make every time they log off, they are going to stop showing up.

24/7 coverage should not be a requirement to compete in wuvwuv. It should be skill based, not warm bodies in front of keyboards based. If you can’t beat a server in their primetime, you shouldn’t be able to beat them, period. There are only a certain number of people around who can play in the off hours time zone. Certainly not enough for all servers to have such a presence. So does that mean wuvwuv is just pointless on these other servers and they’ll be at the mercy of whichever sever they are bracketed against who does have some people who can run around nightcapping stuff? Apparently. So should we just give up on our server and leave? That doesn’t sound very fun. I like the community here and don’t feel like betraying them by leaving. Just resign ourselves to never winning wuvwuv? That also doesn’t sound very fun. Beg for oceanic guilds to tear up their roots and leave the servers they are on and come here? That’s horrible for the game. Every time mass transfers like that happen it throws all the rankings in chaos and leads to weeks of unfun matchups like that.

Right now servers move up in the tiers by getting more people. They should move up in the tiers by getting more skilled. The whole system is broken from top to bottom.

Points earned during primetime in the face of stiff enemy opposition should be worth about 10x as much as points earned when everyone is asleep.

Is this how we envision the end game of wuvwuv playing out? All the NA guilds transferring en masse to whichever server happens to have good oceanic presence, and destroying the matchups for their previous server and their new server, in a never ending cycle of kitteny wuvwuv matchups that drive hundreds of players from the game? Because that is what is happening. And it will continue to happen until arena.net does something about nightcapping.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Believe me I understand that there are more ways to get out of the point than the main entry. In a short while I will be roaming with my guild to flip all of your fully upgraded towers and depots. I think what bothers me the most is the kittens that are inside the spawn area killing vendors.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net