11/2/2012Dragonbrand Maguuma and Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Tine Sionnach.8629

Tine Sionnach.8629

Best of luck to everyone. Lets have a good clean fight no hitting below the belt, and let the good times roll.
Darkhaven takes early lead followed by Maguuma and Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

If possible could I get daily screenies of points and map?? I wont be able to play at all this matchup… :\

Go Darkhaven!

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

I’ll try to post updates regularly, starting with this post.

Attachments:

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

Doing what GoF does best, been a fun fight so far!!! we created a little border from NE tower to NE supply camp but we had to focus somewhere else and you guys got a hold of it, well done! Its been awesome going back and forth magumma, keep up the good work!

Attachments:

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

great to see our brothers from another server again! sup maggies! and /salutes DB

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Less players every week.
Time to get serious.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

katniss.6735

THIS IS PVP

Attachments:

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Threnn Airborne from Darkhaven Rethisis guild here. Having a blast tonight. One strong Darkhaven alliance ransacked the Eternal Battlegrounds tonight. ICoa, Cap, and Rethisis loaded up the field and made it over an hour queue to get in. Commanders Ethersin, Arishock, Hollywood fiend, Guardian Joker, and Paopao all did a great job. Both Magunna and Dragonbrand have shown some real fight to them. We fought Maguuna two weeks ago so we know a lot about them and are excited to fight them again. We spent a lot of money and upgraded everything strategically near and dear to us. We dropped a ton of siege down on the map and fought tooth and nail. Taking Maguuna’s Keep was really hard and had some awesome fights there. Loved how Dragonbrand stuffed us when we tried to take their keep. I’ve ran hard for ten hours straight but its time to sleep and I’ll see you on the Battlefields tomorrow, Exelsior!

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

I been in EB for about 10-11 hours, nice fighting on both sides when it came down to it, TWINS from DB roll pretty deep and are focused thats for sure. Cant wait to come accross some Maguuma that remember me from fight club, been a blast, cya tomorrow every one.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Oh, and hopefully we can have another fight club later on in the week

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Great fighting out there Friday evening.. that GOON (Maguuma) stack on Darkhaven Borderlands was tough to deal with, but we (Dragonbrand) successfully held our portion of the map during primetime hours. I’m curious to see how things went overnight.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

katniss.6735

Stack under siege fire. That’s how we roll. /release

“Oh, we’re getting hit by something.”
“Something is doing a lot of damage.”
“Break out.”

breaks out away from the 20 corpses where the stack was

So, yeah. The invisible enemies these days… not the same thing as the 20 red circles under you.kitten

twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in WvW

Posted by: eldavo.6054

eldavo.6054

Score update as of Nov 2, 12:00 PM Pacific time:

Attachments:

Diaverse
Guardian – Commander – Officer of Rethesis [RE] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Ricky.4706

OMG, the maggies have the castle ???? yall better not leave it smelling like fish again!! took us forever to clean it up last time!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Nope, seafood feast in this castle. Deal with it.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: dionysus.4752

dionysus.4752

ATTENTION: All Darkhaven guilds and people without WvW guild

looky looky over here @ http://www.darkhavenunited.com/

Come join us or just check it out

Win Everyday [WE]
DB – Dragonbrand NA Server
Dio

in WvW

Posted by: Mechrophilia.6987

Mechrophilia.6987

This one is becomming quite the “back and forth”.

in WvW

Posted by: Rabh.2493

Rabh.2493

Maguuma is doing excellently today

in WvW

katniss.6735

Fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of an English Norn.

Attachments:

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

Posting this in hopes DH can shame a hacker on their server. He’s been warping around the map with this golem and others a few times now. Yes, it’s largely ineffective that he’s porting around with a golem and for some reason attacking a supply camp, but still.

I know that not all DH hacks and this isn’t accusing you guys of that. Good match so far otherwise.

Attachments:

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Best thing you can do is report him. Mods do not like things like this on the forums.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah, please report these guys – we really don’t want them, they bring a lack of strategy to our server that’s noticeable …sometimes i dread winning because of the things it attracts. – in fact, i just had to leave wvw because it feels …for a lack of a better word ..messy and I can’t put my finger on it ….it’s not like we see it ourselves on the maps – but in overview you can see it and how scattered the map gets.

i notice that many core pvprs end up going rogue because they don’t like rolling with the new people that join our servers so we end up in several smaller groups – we feel it too.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Dragonbrand and Maguuma put up great fights tonight! Some of the most fun I’ve had in WvW in awhile. GoF and WE worked great together on the map securing the Dragonbrand borderlands. Epic fights at the bay keep. Wish I had fraps or screenshots from it. If anyone does please link it especially the ROS. Good job to everyone that helped!

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in WvW

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Posting this in hopes DH can shame a hacker on their server. He’s been warping around the map with this golem and others a few times now. Yes, it’s largely ineffective that he’s porting around with a golem and for some reason attacking a supply camp, but still.

Ya, we have a video of him doing that. Character name is Echinamax, male sylvari thief. He’s been kicked from multiple guilds and reported multiple times. Just need to wait on ArenaNet, unfortunately.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

Ya, we have a video of him doing that. Character name is Echinamax, male sylvari thief. He’s been kicked from multiple guilds and reported multiple times. Just need to wait on ArenaNet, unfortunately.

This is turning out to be a great 2nd matchup, hate to see crap like that ruin it. I suggest we use gw2guru to shame those people since Anet will likely delete this thread.

in WvW

Posted by: fadswaffer.5140

fadswaffer.5140

Had good fights in EB last night!! Maguuma lost some night time commanders, and we lost stonemist, but those Darkhaven kept coming. Or were they Dragonbrand? The d words mess me up

[PYRO] MAGUUMA
Necromancer | Warrior
NO TEARS ONLY DREAMS

in WvW

Posted by: Slartibartfast.2170

Slartibartfast.2170

Got to love cheesy Maguuma stacking tactics. I still don’t understand why they keep this mechanic in game.

Either way, nice portal bombs Maguuma, you really whooped our arses with those. Still, stacking on Keep Lord, very cheesy.

Attachments:

[Abys] Spoonerism – 80 engineer – Darkhaven
I am not the youtube spoonerism, nor did I know about him prior to selecting this name.
Google spoonerism, it is a real word.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

All tactics are called cheesy until they’re common place. Using catapults as defense to the hit rams through the gate. Portaling golems quickly around the map. Arrow carts working indoors. Portal bombing. AoE being able to hit targets you can’t even see on the ramparts and through gates. Illusions being able to target siege through gates or on top of walls. All of these things were/are complained about at some point.

You need to play the game how it’s actually designed and adapt your tactics accordingly. Not how you believe it should be designed. This game has a 5 target offensive AoE limit from player abilities. It was intentionally created this way. Use tactics that are beneficial towards those designs.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Yummee.3170

Yummee.3170

Why do you guys complain all the time? Our server has the least population and coverage on maps. Most of the time we’re outnumbered 3-1 but whenever we have any chance at equal numbers, we wipe both Darkhaven and Dragonbrand together and all we see are complaints on the forums. Btw we saw your hackers that flashes into the 3rd floor. Jumped down to his own death, screen shot taken and reported.

Name: Fml Yummee
Guild: Hmong Warriors
Server: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

Why is it when we played FA and DB last week there was no complaining and a lot of interesting adaptations to our tactics; however, when we play you all either time there is a constant wall of complaining.

Try adapting and getting coordinated next time

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

Got to love cheesy Maguuma stacking tactics. I still don’t understand why they keep this mechanic in game.

Either way, nice portal bombs Maguuma, you really whooped our arses with those. Still, stacking on Keep Lord, very cheesy.

Got to love cheesy Dorkhaven hacking tactics. I still don’t understand why they let people get away with this in game.
Either way, nice throwing yourselves at a wad of angry bees Darkhaven, you really gave us a lot of exp and loot with that.
Still, telespeedhacking, very cheesy.

.~.~

(edited by RanchDressin.8210)

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

I gotta respond to this because i was the mesmer you claimed hacked to the third floor. Let me first explain how i got there. First i was outside the main hallway of SM, used veil(mesmer stealth skill) when that wore off i still hadnt been hit amazingly, then i used mass invisibility(elite mesmer stealth skill), then used curtain twice to keep my speed up and get defenders off my tail. And I made it to the top of stonemist twice doing this. So do not claim hacks because you werent paying attention during the chaos. Your defenders that were chasing me up there know i got there through legit mesmer skills. The fact they didnt call for help allowed me to port people up with only 2 guys protecting me that also made it up alongside me running the same gauntlet. Really hate that you would be so quick to accuse and report. If i need to fraps me running through the gauntlet again ill be happy to do so. Keep the accusations under control guys.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Actium.8765

Most of the people on darkhaven don’t mind any of these “cheesy” tactics… It’s the people who can’t get coordinated or simply refuse to work with others that come on here to whine… So please do not base your theories that darkhaven is full of a bunch of uncoordinated children (not saying anyone did)on these kitten .

:) have a good day.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

yeah and not once did i bring up how you guys managed to upgrade the castle without supplies. so lets not go there!

in WvW

Actium.8765

I honestly think all the accusations and assumptions should just stop. Screen it, Report it, Repeat it. Thats the best you can do for right now.

There is no need to come on to the public forums with your complaints that, most likely, the individual will not read, let alone care.

Lets post war stories, fun battles, points updates, map updates, life stories, naked pictu…err to far.

What im getting at is lets get along!

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

yeah and not once did i bring up how you guys managed to upgrade the castle without supplies. so lets not go there!

I’ve never seen a tower/keep/castle upgrade without supply ever, I’d like to see a very screenshots of this happening

in WvW

Ricky.4706

neither have i …but I saw for myself the empty supply in their castle because we made it a point to keep their noobs building 1hp walls lol ….I simply gave them the benefit of the doubt – would think they would give the same to us than to paint our whole server with a big hack brush.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

I do remember exactly the point where the person that reported me thought i hacked up, i had been up there a while(using the method in my earlier post) thought we had guys on the bottom (none were coordinated enough to jump into the portal at the time) so i ported up straight into maguumas killing the guys i had guarding me and i got launched off to my death. So yea that would prob be the flashing up u saw, totally legit mesmer portaling when i had already been up there and opened it went back through and fell to my death due to all the ppl on me. But honestly if i havto explain more details about how legit this was done then why not call everything and everyone in the game hackers.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

so there you have it …darkhaven’s skills are spectacular ..and maggies luck is amazing.

was an epic battle

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Why do you guys complain all the time? Our server has the least population and coverage on maps. Most of the time we’re outnumbered 3-1 but whenever we have any chance at equal numbers, we wipe both Darkhaven and Dragonbrand together and all we see are complaints on the forums. Btw we saw your hackers that flashes into the 3rd floor. Jumped down to his own death, screen shot taken and reported.

Maguuma still playing the outnumbered card. How surprising.

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

if any wants to help support suggestion thread i started and share same interest as i do, visit : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/ANET-pls-WvW-rank-emote/first#post636107

if not, well thanks anyways

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Agreed despite the allegations against me that battle was one of the best so far of this matchup. Had to think outside the box and grow a pair to even pull off some of the moves I did in there. Turned into a three way battle, you maguumas defended hard and won the battle there. I look forward to the next few attempts on the keep. your guys placed siege really well and quick too. So please, if you think there is an issue why not talk to us about how or why before coming here to accuse/report, our guys should do the same, I believe we all know how to server to server player chat by now.

in WvW

Posted by: TrunkMonkey.7589

TrunkMonkey.7589

I do not believe we are referring to the mesmers who walked up to the top of the keep in order to portal your guys in or anyone who benefitted from the mesmer portals. We are referring to some random guardian/warrior guy who was obviously speedhacking through the castle in front of everyone.

TrunkMonkey | Ink Eyez | Ima Kitty Kat | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

I do not believe we are referring to the mesmers who walked up to the top of the keep in order to portal your guys in or anyone who benefitted from the mesmer portals. We are referring to some random guardian/warrior guy who was obviously speedhacking through the castle in front of everyone.

Here is a terrible quality screen shot of us nerds trying to get all up in his butt.

Attachments:

.~.~

(edited by RanchDressin.8210)

in WvW

Ricky.4706

there is a huge difference between "

“Got to love cheesy Dorkhaven hacking tactics”

and

“some random guardian/warrior guy”

I repeat, Darkhaven core members are skilled pvp’rs and we tend to attract many people because of it.

When you see someone doing something dishonorable, please report him, we do not need this type of activity, our serious pvp’rs deserve that respect.

in WvW

Actium.8765

Here is a terrible quality screen shot of us nerds trying to get all up in his butt.

I have never heard of that guild till this screen shot… :\ and i’v been on darkhaven since it was released.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

oh wow, good catch then, wish it was said it wasnt a mesmer earlier now all my other posts feel unnecessary lol. But i do understand why it took time, you had to protect your privacy by blurring out a few things. Most dont go to such lengths but should sometimes. Yea that had to have happened when i wasnt up there cause i didnt see any1 from that guild up there where i was.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Maguuma still playing the outnumbered card. How surprising.

Notice how someone on Darkhaven started it by calling our stacking tactic “cheesy.” You may or may not have noticed that someone from Darkhaven also took a first shot in a post that got deleted. Can we please just shut up about hacking and stacking and portal bombing and play the game? Of all things, everyone should be happy that this matchup is much more exciting than the last one. Or we can all keep complaining and aim for a new record of locked threads.

neither have i …but I saw for myself the empty supply in their castle because we made it a point to keep their noobs building 1hp walls lol ….I simply gave them the benefit of the doubt – would think they would give the same to us than to paint our whole server with a big hack brush.

I was at Stonemist all day yesterday and I can tell you that you are completely wrong about Stonemist not having supply. Later in the evening we had trouble maintaining supply to get fortify up because someone started doing concurrent upgrades, but we managed to get a last yak in to get the fortify. For most of the afternoon we maintained over 500 supply while running upgrades and running yaks to the castle. Also, it’s obviously just one person making a satirical post in response to the cheesy tactics post, not literally painting the server as a hacking server.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

we had someone watching your supply ..it was at 70 when we started working at it.

what may have happened is we got caught up in battle and you guys stocked up during that time ….but even then it doesn’t reconcile that most of your workers were dead because we were killing everything in sight.

You shouldn’t have to defend yourselves …nor should we.

If you see someone doing something wrong ….report them..don’t come here crying hack.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Well while i dont doubt maguumas being legit, the game did bug out on a lot of us, Showed you had 400 supply, while inside, it bugged for like a min, i fell outside the outer wall and the supply showed 1050, then i went back inside and it was back to its origional amount well 385 some had been used. This week the game has really been buggy, enemy NPCs spawning in towers/keeps, gates that dont show they have broken causing ppl to pass through. rendering of mass groups of players being way way way slow even for top notch comps. So i think that sortof clears the earlier issue up, we all saw the castle bug out from our end but remember there were 3 servers with about 40-50 players each inside, so much lag in one spot that could easily force a bug like that.