11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

But both SF and HoD can most certainly bring it during peak hours and I myself have had some good WvW fun during those peak hours.

Friday night, everyone playing till they dropped, was awesome. So many great back and forth fights, epic sieges and defenses, etc. HoD still struggles population wise but always seems to show up out of nowhere to hit you where it hurts.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Been a long time since BP has had a 100% pie.

Night capping is hard…m’kay? :p

At what point does it become day capping? We held almost everything till around 3/4 pm yesterday.

Right now it’s
BP 152,105
SF 52,418
HoD 30,020

You don’t tripple another servers score 3 days after reset with night capping. It’s actually not mathematically possible.

First, I was just poking a little fun…don’t be so serious.

Second, my post was only in response to BP having 100% of the map controlled at the specific point in time that that image was posted…it wasn’t a commentary on the score. You guys have really good WvW participation, even in off-peak hours. You’re fighting against two servers who have very little to no off-peak coverage. Of course you guys are going to dominate the map by 12am-1am PST.

The scores are a different, but related story. You’re fighting against a server who lost a good portion of their WvW community and has been falling in the ranks. And another who is predominately PvE, struggles with tactics coordination (sorry my fellow SF folk, but this is really one of our weaknesses) and can be pretty fair-weather and leave for PvE when the going gets tough. Both servers spend a good half (or more) of the day trying to reclaim what was lost the previous night, but then loose it really quickly when their populations drop during the evening hours.

But both SF and HoD can most certainly bring it during peak hours and I myself have had some good WvW fun during those peak hours.

P.S. Please don’t take any of this the wrong way…this isn’t meant to be griping and complaining about how we’re getting our bums handed to us in WvW this week. This match is FAR more interesting than last week when we were dominating the map because there’s actually some WvW action. Just providing some context, that’s all. To be frank, this match-up is an easy win for you guys. And just as us Sorrow’s Furnace folks shouldn’t have been patting ourselves on the back and puffing our chests about our mad WvW skillz last week (which was pointed out by several SF folks last week, including myself), BP shouldn’t be patting themselves on the back too terribly much this week.

But winning isn’t everything…so let’s at least all have some fun with it!

O.k. you are going to think I am a jerk for saying this, but do you honestly think it’s fun owning everything? It’s boring. It’s not fun at all. I want you guys to get more people. I want your side to show up in numbers. I have only got to fight you a few times, and it was great. Most of the time it’s just a few thieves ganking people and not actually trying to do anything. That’s not fun to me.

I don’t actually think it’s fun for anyone on BP. We want to fight, not own everything in sight.

I also think that server transfers are an issue. I don’t think you should be able to transfer to a server in your tier, or higher. Of course I also think that the lowest three should be merged into the 3 above it. So the lowest tier would get merged into the next lowest tier. That should provide more numbers, and make wvw actually fun. I know it can’t be fun for the small dedicated group you have doing wvw. You might take stuff just to lose it, that’s gotta feel like such an empty victory. BP was there not too long ago believe it or not. We didn’t give up, but man it sucked. I remember getting camped right outside of our borderlands, and eb. It was fun at all.

Sorry if I got a bit defensive, but I’m really used to the jerks we’ve been dealing with these past weeks. I didn’t mean any offense to you, SF/HoD.

Friday night, everyone playing till they dropped, was awesome. So many great back and forth fights, epic sieges and defenses, etc. HoD still struggles population wise but always seems to show up out of nowhere to hit you where it hurts.

Tell your people to stop worrying about trying to gank, and actually capture stuff. Yesterday you had groups running around just trying to gank. There was enough of them to take back some of your stuff, but instead of trying they were just worried about ganking. Unsuccessfully at that. I’m not trying to say HoD sucks, I’m just saying that if you try to talk to them and say "hey you 10 guys running down the road chasing that mesmer (me lol, and they didn’t catch me) would go grab a supply camp we could probably take something.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

On another note, if you’ve been pushed off the ledges to your death in the EB Jump Puzzle by a tough to kill Guardian (who usually starts busting out some sweet dance moves) with spikey pauldrons, a guild shield and long black hair… sorry but I like to troll when I get bored.

I haven’t run into anyone hard to kill from your entire guild. I just assumed you guys were PvEers.

I find that very humorous because we were thinking the same thing about your group. Perhaps our better players haven’t crossed paths yet.

Don’t mistake us for another guild on BP server with nearly the same tag: [WAR] Ascension

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

(edited by Warlord Lu Bu.7905)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

O.k. you are going to think I am a jerk for saying this, but do you honestly think it’s fun owning everything? It’s boring. It’s not fun at all. I want you guys to get more people. I want your side to show up in numbers. I have only got to fight you a few times, and it was great. Most of the time it’s just a few thieves ganking people and not actually trying to do anything. That’s not fun to me.

I don’t actually think it’s fun for anyone on BP. We want to fight, not own everything in sight.

Why would I think you a jerk for saying this? It’s the same exact thing I was saying last week when we were completely dominating HoD and ET. Domination is good for only two things…WvW map completions and farming the jumping puzzles. They’re completely rotten for WvW action.

I also think that server transfers are an issue. I don’t think you should be able to transfer to a server in your tier, or higher. Of course I also think that the lowest three should be merged into the 3 above it. So the lowest tier would get merged into the next lowest tier. That should provide more numbers, and make wvw actually fun. I know it can’t be fun for the small dedicated group you have doing wvw. You might take stuff just to lose it, that’s gotta feel like such an empty victory. BP was there not too long ago believe it or not. We didn’t give up, but man it sucked. I remember getting camped right outside of our borderlands, and eb. It was fun at all.

Server transfers are most definitely an issue for WvW and it’s a hot topic on these forums. It’s a complex issue and are no easy solutions, but I certainly hope SOMETHING is done to help balance things out. Seeing casualties of server transfers (like HoD and ET) is really sad and is not healthy for the greater WvW community as a whole.

Sorry if I got a bit defensive, but I’m really used to the jerks we’ve been dealing with these past weeks. I didn’t mean any offense to you, SF/HoD.

No worries! Just take a deep breath and smile! We’re all here to have fun! And some of us on the other side can be quite friendly! So let’s all be friendly enemies and have as much fun as we can this week!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

On another note, if you’ve been pushed off the ledges to your death in the EB Jump Puzzle by a tough to kill Guardian (who usually starts busting out some sweet dance moves) with spikey pauldrons, a guild shield and long black hair… sorry but I like to troll when I get bored.

I haven’t run into anyone hard to kill from your entire guild. I just assumed you guys were PvEers.

I find that very humorous because we were thinking the same thing about your group. Perhaps our better players haven’t crossed paths yet.

Don’t mistake us for another guild on BP server with nearly the same tag: [WAR] Ascension

The two dot’s above the ‘a’ is what I was using to tell the difference, is that not the case?

I have killed a bunch of you guys all in 1vX, and on saturday you had a group chasing me around the back field of EB while the rest of my server let themselves be camped. Your two thieves, which seriously need better WvW specs, would save each other by preventing me from capping, and that would last till the full group responded and I would have to laugh and move on.

That said, I was mostly following your words: sorry but I like to troll when I get bored

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

Tell your people to stop worrying about trying to gank, and actually capture stuff. Yesterday you had groups running around just trying to gank. There was enough of them to take back some of your stuff, but instead of trying they were just worried about ganking. Unsuccessfully at that. I’m not trying to say HoD sucks, I’m just saying that if you try to talk to them and say "hey you 10 guys running down the road chasing that mesmer (me lol, and they didn’t catch me) would go grab a supply camp we could probably take something.

:) Some of us are like starving dog pack…OMG IT’S SOMETHING WE CAN KILL!!! Chase it!!!! Comes from being up against servers so stacked that there were times we couldn’t get through a reinforced tower door with 3 rams before two zergs converged on us, lol.

Of course I kid some. I have been having fun in WvW this last week. We are still being dominated points wise, but have had some fun fights. It is gonna take us a few days to get out the the “All we can do is ninja camps” mentality.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

The two dot’s above the ‘a’ is what I was using to tell the difference, is that not the case?

I have killed a bunch of you guys all in 1vX, and on saturday you had a group chasing me around the back field of EB while the rest of my server let themselves be camped. Your two thieves, which seriously need better WvW specs, would save each other by preventing me from capping, and that would last till the full group responded and I would have to laugh and move on.

[WäR] looks and fights nothing like Ascension[WAR]. =)

@warlord lu bu… No, we do not want to merge guilds, and no will not join your guild. [WAR] does not take part in the large zerg. We stand apart.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

[WäR] looks and fights nothing like Ascension[WAR]. =)

@warlord lu bu… No, we do not want to merge guilds, and no will not join your guild. [WAR] does not take part in the large zerg. We stand apart.

When you’re a good commander, people follow you. We still do a lot of small ops as well because we’re online so much.

Borlis Pass

(edited by Warlord Lu Bu.7905)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

testpig.5018

Puggers follow a dot, because they don’t have a guild lead to follow. Doesn’t mean it’s a good commander. It’s a Rally point that moves.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

Don’t want to enter into a long discussion about numbers this that & the other. As Leader of the DKz in general I am astounded how this week panned out. Borlis players have really come together & formed a cohesive ’nation’. Given the politics of population etc I can only tip my hat to the few guys on HoD that are still giving us a great fight we have the utmost respect for you guys atm kudos. SF kinda had a lesson in humility this week as we will probably suffer if our guys get too c_ocky You too have at times given us some great fights this week.

All I want to say in general is a great Thank You to ALL of our Commanders for an excellent week and Thank You to HoD & SF for a fun week of WvW. Still a few days of this mayhem to go yet but compared to AR you guys Roxxor!

From all at The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz] keep it up guys and salute!

Pixel

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

Trust us. Nobody has ever made that mistake.

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Don’t want to enter into a long discussion about numbers this that & the other. As Leader of the DKz in general I am astounded how this week panned out. Borlis players have really come together & formed a cohesive ‘nation’. Given the politics of population etc I can only tip my hat to the few guys on HoD that are still giving us a great fight we have the utmost respect for you guys atm kudos. SF kinda had a lesson in humility this week as we will probably suffer if our guys get too c_ocky You too have at times given us some great fights this week.

All I want to say in general is a great Thank You to ALL of our Commanders for an excellent week and Thank You to HoD & SF for a fun week of WvW. Still a few days of this mayhem to go yet but compared to AR you guys Roxxor!

From all at The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz] keep it up guys and salute!

Pixel

As someone from HOD, let me say -that respect goes both ways. Borlis Pass is deserving of the score it has right now. The nights Ive been in WvW, you guys have played both efficiently and smart.

Regarding my server (HOD), the rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated. Those who chose to stay through the past drama work well together and, more importantly, respect one another. We also have some great commanders that know leadership isnt about barking orders at random people.

Our issue is most definitely one of numbers – it is not one of heart.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

As someone from HOD, let me say -that respect goes both ways. Borlis Pass is deserving of the score it has right now. The nights Ive been in WvW, you guys have played both efficiently and smart.

Regarding my server (HOD), the rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated. Those who chose to stay through the past drama work well together and, more importantly, respect one another. We also have some great commanders that know leadership isnt about barking orders at random people.

Our issue is most definitely one of numbers – it is not one of heart.

Seconded. I’m also a member of HoD, and very proud of the community that was left behind by the massive exodus. Those who’ve remained fight with all their heart, even when it’s 8 fellows in an un-upgraded tower vs over 30 invaders stocked with trebs and all other kinds of siege heh… am looking at you BP. Thanks for the memories, it was all kinds of epic.

I believe the months of fighting uphill battles against the big league servers like Blackgate, Jade Quarry and Stormbluff Isles immediately after our server shrunk a third or less of its former size has certainly taught us important lessons; to shrug off all losses and try, try again. Anyone who would’ve ragequit at a death has long departed this server. In their place have come brand new transfers – people who like playing the underdogs and fighting to the death beside their comrades, before spawning back right after for more. It’s a much more positive attitude all round than the one we adopted while TA was around, when we expected the server to win 24/7. I feel much more bonded with the group we have now than ever before.

So yes, we do lack manpower over here, but we’re far from being a “dead server” as I’ve notice we get referred to every now and then. HoD does have bite… albeit a small one :P but you never know where and when it’ll hit next!

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

SF kinda had a lesson in humility this week…

How so? I think everyone knows we got lucky last week with our draw. The forums have sure been helpful in pointing that out.

I even started this thread questioning our ability to keep it up. We know how to zerg and ninja, but I rarely see siege getting thrown down. While organization is lacking, it’s getting better. I’m beginning to think it’s an economy thing with the siege for us.

I need to do more jumping puzzles.

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Excellent posts from both Blaeys and Talia@
tips hat

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

SF kinda had a lesson in humility this week…

How so? I think everyone knows we got lucky last week with our draw. The forums have sure been helpful in pointing that out.

There were a couple folks who were puffing their chests about how awesome SF was and patting themselves on the back (oh, we’re going for the world record, we’re teh awesomes!). But I’d like to think the overwhelming majority of us SF folk knew the real deal and that our score last week was only luck of the draw with the servers we were matched up against. And knew this week would be tough because we’d be going against BP. ‘Cause there were a good number of SF folks (including myself) who were pointing this out to those “World Record” folk and saying that SF shouldn’t get too boastful about that particular matchup. Hopefully those bad eggs learned a little humility.

Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: stinkypants.8419

stinkypants.8419

Alright, guess I missed the peakittening. And yeah, if there were folks boasting… well that’s just silly Sure the “world record” would’ve been neat, but come on.

edit: fwiw i don’t have a problem with going for the world record, i’d hoped it’d bring more people in …

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

(edited by stinkypants.8419)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Alright, guess I missed the peakittening. And yeah, if there were folks boasting… well that’s just silly Sure the “world record” would’ve been neat, but come on.

Heh, peakittening. Oh profanity filter…what fun new words you give us!

Henge of Denravi

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

There were a couple folks who were puffing their chests about how awesome SF was and patting themselves on the back (oh, we’re going for the world record, we’re teh awesomes!). But I’d like to think the overwhelming majority of us SF folk knew the real deal and that our score last week was only luck of the draw with the servers we were matched up against. And knew this week would be tough because we’d be going against BP. ‘Cause there were a good number of SF folks (including myself) who were pointing this out to those “World Record” folk and saying that SF shouldn’t get too boastful about that particular matchup. Hopefully those bad eggs learned a little humility.

Did you bother to look at the OP’s post history before getting bent out of shape about that post? Troll’s make troll posts, do not be trolled.

Er, wha? O.o I wasn’t even remotely bent out of shape about that thread. Nor was I even the slightest bit annoyed. Heck, there wasn’t even mild irritation. Unless you count that one sneeze I had when I was in the process of composing my post. But I suppose mild nose irritation doesn’t count as irritation regarding the topic at hand.

I did get a good laugh and eyeroll out of it though because obvious troll was indeed obvious. One can hope such a bad egg would one day learn a little humility, but I most certainly would never hold my breath (‘cause I’d suffocate!). I just posted my 2 copper in the thread in question (only to lend a little support to other the SF players who were defending our server and explaining that the trollish arrogance of the OP wasn’t the overall sentiment of our server), shrugged and moved on.

I only bring it up in this thread to provide a little context from last match for those who weren’t in the know (like the Borlis Pass folks) and may have erroneously thought us SF folk were indeed arrogant about last week. Sorrow’s Furnace didn’t learn humility this week, a good number of us already had it.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Atomic Sharks.7250

Atomic Sharks.7250

well good fights in WvW so far, but i am off to bed now, good fight SF, i am the Blue Green norn staff ele that people just love to chase

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I hope that the increased skill and numbers is grass roots from Borlis Pass. If so than you guys did a really good job with the improvements since last we (Sorrow’s) saw you guys in a match (a few weeks ago where SF pretty much shut out BP and AR during Sorrow peak hours). If the improvements were more so from transfers than that would be unfortunate.

Not commenting on this match here, but that would be a terrible trend for WvW transfers if big WvW guilds that ride winning servers simply mass transfer to the bottom server every now and then to get more easy wins. It really kills the sense of community when you get huge influxes, or outflows of guilds to your server.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow of Omega.6937

Shadow of Omega.6937

I’ve been on HOD sense the begining and just started doing WvW 3 weeks ago. I’m glad that I waited to do my map completion there instead of doing it when we were dominating all the time with the help of the TA guild. I really felt like I earned my world completion with all the battles I had to do to get to those poi and vistas, it was great. I’ve been in some epic fights from both BP and SF.

I will never leave HOD, no matter how small are server may be. We have some great people here and i’m sure you guys do as well. Lets continue having fun for the rest of the week.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Had a great laugh an hour ago at a ranger from the guild Black Arrow? (BA) from SF who was using gZoom but still was getting killed.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I will never leave HOD, no matter how small are server may be. We have some great people here and i’m sure you guys do as well. Lets continue having fun for the rest of the week.

I’m a sports guy, so I like to think of my starting server (Borlis Pass) as my “team”. Just because my team isn’t doing as well as expected doesn’t mean I’m going to jump ship and pick a new favourite team.

I really do hope more people think the way you do Shadow of Omega.

Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

testpig.5018

My guild left our last server because it was doing to well. We like being the underdogs. Winning all the time is not fun. Borlis Pass ATM is not enjoyable.

We departed from Sanctum of Rall because we moved up to high in the tiers, and WvW became purely numbers vs numbers with insane que times. I hope Borlis does not turn into this.

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aelfgifu.9658

Aelfgifu.9658

To the HoD guy who waved at our zerg hiding in your bay… Thank you… it made my night. I hope you saw that we waved back as you were dying in the water.
I wish you guys the best of luck the rest of the week.

Seidr Myrkvidr, Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

I hope that the increased skill and numbers is grass roots from Borlis Pass. If so than you guys did a really good job with the improvements since last we (Sorrow’s) saw you guys in a match (a few weeks ago where SF pretty much shut out BP and AR during Sorrow peak hours). If the improvements were more so from transfers than that would be unfortunate.

Not commenting on this match here, but that would be a terrible trend for WvW transfers if big WvW guilds that ride winning servers simply mass transfer to the bottom server every now and then to get more easy wins. It really kills the sense of community when you get huge influxes, or outflows of guilds to your server.

I believe it is grassroots indeed. We had a couple of guilds transfer in the last two months and they can’t field more than 10 players each. So unless those guys are gods I don’t see how it could have been them making all the difference.

I know that I myself have brought a ton of people from PVE into WvW.

I also agree with you that it would be unfortunate if we got a huge influx of players to Borlis. That’s why we don’t advertise on the forums or try to get guilds to transfer to our server. Small groups and individual players are ok, but large guilds I’d rather not see happening.

I like to think of it as a company. It’s nice to hire new people, but we need to give them time to adjust to the culture of the company. That’s why a merger might ruin both companies sometimes, culture misfit.

Hopefully not too many people pay attention to Borlis and we’re left alone to improve our server slowly. I would prefer to be in the last tier and having fun with people I know and respect than being at the top with a lot of drama, queues and people I have never played with before.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

I believe it is grassroots indeed. We had a couple of guilds transfer in the last two months and they can’t field more than 10 players each. So unless those guys are gods I don’t see how it could have been them making all the difference.

Are you guys just trollin? Seems like, but it is borderline. It is feasible that someone can be that naive, but every post DKz puts up being that way… starting to feel like trollin. Good trollin if that is the case, lol if it isn’t.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Are you guys just trollin? Seems like, but it is borderline. It is feasible that someone can be that naive, but every post DKz puts up being that way… starting to feel like trollin. Good trollin if that is the case, lol if it isn’t.

Less talk more fight.

Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Atomic Sharks.7250

i now appreciate how skilled players must be to successfully run away from 15-20+ people

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Hopefully not too many people pay attention to Borlis and we’re left alone to improve our server slowly. I would prefer to be in the last tier and having fun with people I know and respect than being at the top with a lot of drama, queues and people I have never played with before.

Your last sentence is the price of being too successful too quickly! I’ve got my fingers crossed that it doesn’t happen here!

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

i now appreciate how skilled players must be to successfully run away from 15-20+ people

I thought only “speed hack cooldown eles” could do that :p

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

95% of your posts are ad hominem attacks. You fail to argue against someone’s point and call them names. Your favorite one is troll, you use that in 50% of your posts. Naive is a new one. I like the fact that you’re innovating.

Keep up the good work.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

I will now be paying particularly close attention to the points now in this matchup. We are being flamed unmercifully by AR on their thread it is seriously pathetic QQ. I am asking our large alliance to back off on completely swamping the map in so that we DO INDEED face AR in the coming week.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Surbrus.6942

So what exactly is HoD trying to do by focusing so much on Sorrow’s Furnace?

At first I just attributed it to small groups of disorganized players with PvE minded farming plans when they have been assisting Borlis against Sorrow’s.

But just recently HoD came into the Sorrow’s borderland and took not only a camp and a tower, but took a keep as well while we were fighting Borlis.

Is there a particular reason for targeting Sorrow’s rather than targeting the more plentiful Borlis Pass? How exactly does the matchmaking system work?… is HoD trying to sabotage the match to try to go further down in the ranks or something?

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Lokreas.8421

Lokreas.8421

A picture is worth a thousand words; or in this case just six.

Attachments:

Charming Scoundrels [CS] – Guild Leader

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

A picture is worth a thousand words; or in this case just six.

Thats awesome.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Niim.9260

95% of your posts are ad hominem attacks. You fail to argue against someone’s point and call them names. Your favorite one is troll, you use that in 50% of your posts. Naive is a new one. I like the fact that you’re innovating.

Keep up the good work.

If your going to make stuff up, you should at least go with things that ‘might’ be true.
In this thread:
- 14 posts, not including this one.
- I referred to my own action as trolling in one post, I called someone on my server a troll cause he is, and I asked if you were trollin.

So really I called one person on my server a troll and I asked if you were naive or trollin. That is not really name calling or calling you a troll, but lets assume it is a nasty post like you describe out of the spirit of generosity.

I will let you dig out the calculator, but it really seems like your stats are inaccurate. Perhaps this is why you think BP off hour population hasn’t grown at all, just simple math errors.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

So what exactly is HoD trying to do by focusing so much on Sorrow’s Furnace?

At first I just attributed it to small groups of disorganized players with PvE minded farming plans when they have been assisting Borlis against Sorrow’s.

But just recently HoD came into the Sorrow’s borderland and took not only a camp and a tower, but took a keep as well while we were fighting Borlis.

Is there a particular reason for targeting Sorrow’s rather than targeting the more plentiful Borlis Pass? How exactly does the matchmaking system work?… is HoD trying to sabotage the match to try to go further down in the ranks or something?

If HoD was trying to go lower in the ranks, attacking SF would have the opposite effect as it cuts into SFs lead and help hold HoD where it is. To answer the question though, HoD isn’t focusing on SF anymore then SF is focusing on HoD, it just happens that the folks you noticed were attacking SF at the time. Trust me, we’ve been banging our heads against the BP zerg plenty, lol.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Surbrus.6942

Ok I was wondering maybe if BP got a larger run away lead maybe that would push the other competitors lower or some such.

It is more confusing than anything else when there is big HoD pushes into Sorrows, seeing as how Borlis would be much more overextended and therefore an easier target.. and they are the guys out in first place. Unless playing for second place is somehow rewarded maybe?

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

Ok I was wondering maybe if BP got a larger run away lead maybe that would push the other competitors lower or some such.

It is more confusing than anything else when there is big HoD pushes into Sorrows, seeing as how Borlis would be much more overextended and therefore an easier target.. and they are the guys out in first place. Unless playing for second place is somehow rewarded maybe?

Nah, no reward. I think groups of HoD push into SF BL for the same reason SF groups do the same to HoD BLs: Ease. It’s much easier to fight your fellow weaker side then it is to try and fight the folks who have built up their defense and will outnumber you almost immediately. I really do wish (and advocate) that both SF and HoD focus on BP for the most part, we’re doing no favours to either of our sides by fighting each other when there is a bigger, badder enemy to focus upon.

Audun

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Surbrus.6942

Exactly, SF and HoD fighting each other does one thing, it makes us both easier targets for BP. And unless it is simply karma farming trains from Orr doing this on SF and HoD servers, I don’t really see why people would choose the “easier” target over the many under defended (but heavily fortified) undisputed winners of the match.

Maybe Sorrow’s bedtime was a factor? Grab some Sorrow’s land and hold it for a bit until BP is finished with the other part of the abandoned Sorrow’s land?

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Had so much fun tonight.
You guys just keep fighting even if you’re greatly outnumbered!

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Evilzara.6378)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Meh really need a subforum for small scale kittens.

Had some great small scale fights out there, some kitten 3v3s (we were a ranger, elem, necro trio). We gave some, and we got some quick trips back to the Victory Circle (code for: We Died).

It makes this aging jaded gamers heart blip in something that might resemble happiness to see the growing late night small scale pvp.

I raise my glass to all you small scale pvpers, whether it be 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, or what have you.

Cheers!

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

Meh really need a subforum for small scale kittens.

Had some great small scale fights out there, some kitten 3v3s (we were a ranger, elem, necro trio). We gave some, and we got some quick trips back to the Victory Circle (code for: We Died).

It makes this aging jaded gamers heart blip in something that might resemble happiness to see the growing late night small scale pvp.

I raise my glass to all you small scale pvpers, whether it be 1v1, 3v3, 5v5, or what have you.

Cheers!

Concur’d.

As I led an abysmal defense of HoD’s overlook, I think I’m going back to small unit fights. Let the big guilds handle the strategic points, [NEX] will get back into the “Behind-Enemy-Lines” clandestine work. I miss the 8v8’s from DAoC something fierce.

It wasn’t until gw2 dropped that I stopped considering dusting off my Pac/Mend Healer hahaha.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Manoa.5897

Maybe Sorrow’s bedtime was a factor?

By the time I hopped on last night (sometime around 6:30pm-7:30pm PST, which is a bit early for SF’s bedtime), we had no commanders online and map chat in our Borderlands was completely dead. There were Sorrow’s folks playing, but it was a couple mindless smallish zergs that were all about take, take, take when we needed to be defending. There were a couple people who tried their best to get at least a wee bit of organization going (myself included), but few were listening and most were just following the mob. I don’t what was going on (if anything) in our Borderlands before I arrived to cause this sad state of affairs…but by the time I got online and into WvW, a lot of people were just giving up and going back to PvE. :-/

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Cymric.7368

Cymric.7368

SF, I am so disappointed with your performance this round, especially your offpeak crew. Even ET show more fighting spirit than you guys. When we start taking stuff at offpeak hrs last week, they will follow and push too. This round however, you guys are taking only camps and leave us to face off with BP alone.

What happen to your huge zerg?! D;

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: GreenSage.3256

GreenSage.3256

“SF and HoD are just as awesome as us.”

D:

You are no fun!

Surely you can find it in your heart to both love and hate us at the same time

Playing on HoD – this weekend is the most fun we have had in WvW in about a month. We had a few epic battles tonight specifically. Regardless of the final score, I’m looking forward to the rest of the week.

Haha of course, I just like to build up some rivalry :P

Borlis Pass, [WFD]
Aka: Taetous, Aithyreal, Greensage, Lemyin, Mary Jayene, Seeker Volf

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Atomic Sharks.7250

I thought only “speed hack cooldown eles” could do that :p

those and skillfull players, i got away the first time, not the second, lets see from the garrison to the top right and then down to almost the end of the skritt is where i died, the first time i lead them to the skritt and then turned around on that ledge, and most of the group left to go take the camp, so me and a couple others killed the rest that were chasing was quite fun, the 2nd group was just a bit more overzealous then the first

11/30 - SF / BP / HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

I will now be paying particularly close attention to the points now in this matchup. We are being flamed unmercifully by AR on their thread it is seriously pathetic QQ. I am asking our large alliance to back off on completely swamping the map in so that we DO INDEED face AR in the coming week.

@plok

Who’s trashing you guys?

Anyways, just wanted to say hello, wanted to just check in and let BP know how much SOS misses you guys. I can’t wait till friday. BP = SOS playground

SF we coming to the rescue!!!

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer