11/30 FC / Kain / DR

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Allied Shade.8409

Allied Shade.8409

For the ferg commander (forgot his name) that used some bad words to describe devona in my pm, I promised you I would come and get your border, me and my pirates are greeting for you.

Enjoyed the fight yesterdag fergs (haven’t been there the whole time due time difference) But I enjoyed playing against you.

Sadly for Kain I hope they can rebuild their server since War and Spy (heard more guilds left) left them to rot.

See you on the battlefield, and don’t forget, keep it friendly!

Sir Superior

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Hi, I’m a person of little interest from Ferg who got into wvw just about 3 weeks back.. so it feels strange as such a novice to be saying this, but reading this thread gave me a lot to think about. Even despite being so new, I can see how quickly the simple fun of PvP started to get a bit tainted with server pride, pent up frustration from losing highly upgraded keeps/towers that I put a lot of time into and other things. So with that said, I would like to apologize for any DR/Kain players who’s corpses I might of laughed over, jumped on or mockingly cried over.

Thinking about things like this I can now recall a fight in DR BL in which I tried to solo a camp in the southern reaches and ended up fighting three DR players and managed to take out the two and died on the last. And that last DR.. actually bowed! That was a pretty kitten cool/humble thing to do so in light of that I hope I can find it in myself to start doing likewise from now on. Hats off to that person for setting such a great example of respectful pvp.

Also wanna say that despite the “pride overload” people you might encounter in a negative context here on the forums, I’ve seen and heard from some pretty cool people across all three servers in this grouping so far. It’s easy to group people as a one-minded server entity but its clear that there are good and bad apples everywhere, so it would be good to keep that in mind.

Let me also say thanks to all players who I’ve fought that didn’t /laugh or /sit teabag my corpse.. it goes a long way to making PvP more enjoyable. And to continue the positivity I have to say that as a ranger, I’ve learned a heck of a lot about drawing out the true function of the ranger here in wvw.. things I would of never figured out in mere PvE/dungeons. I can testify that I’ve never found myself using the “Guard” pet-command skill a crazy amount in this past week of pvp.

Now on a final note, that was some great fights in the Ferguson and DR BLs last night. Kudos to all who were involved on both sides, especially with that epic last stand at Shadaran Hills in Ferg BL. And finally let me say: LOL@ that random DR thief who was walking around almost butt naked in blue shorts.

-Dathaul

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

(edited by Detharos.3157)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Congradulations DR, you took Fergies entire BL.

Thx. Since that was the invite. Even though are tactics are “inferior” and we won’t last in next tier. Since it is only the “numbers” game. Let me ask people, why should DR change tactics yet since its working? Can’t we move up a tier and find out how to change the tactics and strategy based on a new enemy? But good job all taking Fergs BL, and to those who tried to defend it. I thought I read somewhere that DR couldn’t take that BL. Kain and Ferg would have more merit in their “advice” if they beat DR next week, then I think more people might listen, until then I think people will just stick to what they know, winning

@serverprideguy

50 ppl vs 10 ppl or 50 ppl vs an undefended fortification isnt tactic. I have been on your server i know all that you as a server do. In even numbers you get whipped so dont beat your chest too hard around here. Did you transfer into DR like the other band wagoners or what?

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

I read the above post and spat my coke, in laughter.

Where were you last week laiboch. And the week before, and the week before that. Oh and the week before that. And the week before that one, and the week before that one.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

Funny I looked at the score board and did exactly the same thing. I looked through the history of the match-ups and this is the trend. Ferg slowly getting worse and DR getting better. There are a lot of things DR needs to work on, but the Commanders are getting more organized and people are getting better at following directions.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

(edited by Laiboch.4380)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Funny I looked at the score board and did exactly the same thing. I looked through the history of the match-ups and this is the trend. Ferg slowly getting worse and DR getting better. There are a lot of things DR needs to work on, but the Commanders are getting more organized and people are getting better at following directions.

To be fair, I’ve noticed both Kaineng and FC are showing up less and less in WvW, probably because a majority of people are simply getting tired of running into Zergs time after time. It’s just not worth the time to try fighting a Zerg when they swarm so much you can barely breathe. Some of us find it fun to go 5v40…Trust me when I say: That’s a huge minority. I suppose you on Devona can say “There’s as many Kaineng/Fergies as we have!” and tell yourselves that we’re equal numbers on the battlefield…but that is wrong. There are OCCASIONS when we are equally numbered with Devonas, but it’s very much the exception and not the rule.

I had awesome fights last night with 3-4 of us sitting in Danelon while 6-8 Devs kept trying(and failing. ) to take it away from us. They then became 10…We became 5…They then became 12…we were still 5….they then became 16…we became 8….they became 25+…we were swarmed and finally lost it.

What I’m trying to say: Despite the fact we were outnumbered 3 to 1 it was a fun fight(Hell, I even had fun fighting NoQQ before those Devs came at us even though it always felt like I was fighting the 5 of them alone because no real(read: skilled, just had a couple nubs with me, sorry it wasn’t a better fight guys!) DPS came to help out. -.- ) But honestly…who but a masochist would keep coming back to a fight like that?

The reason I want DR to succeed is a very selfish one, their numbers are so kitten high that the last thing I want is them to get to T7 and get beaten so badly they come back down here so one of us gets sent up to suffer the next beat down. The Servers you’re going to be facing aren’t nearly as small as we are, they will crush you if you tried using the tactics you use now. The reason you start by using tactics and such now is to be prepared for the fight to come.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

So even LARP employs exploiting thieves that continually vanish like in the video. And here I thought you were actually trying to bring a good fight.

It may be hard for you to realize as a typical devona zergling, but there are more than 3 buttons on a hotbar when you are not on a piece of siege equipment. Funny thing about thieves is, generally 3-4 of those abilities on the bar allow them to go invisible.

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

I am going to be serious for a moment, mainly because when I joke, I get email from the forum gestapo.

It’s unfortunate, what has evolved this match. Normally the server pride thing, to me, is amped up light RP. But this weeks events makes me feel for K and whats left of it. It also leaves me a bit let down that a forum that was filled with friendly banter has turned into some strange kitten squirt off.

I also am not sure where I can go for some fun PvP where it’s just about some fun.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

I tried yesterday to get this going in the direction of some tactics discussions but I can see that is not possible. Just too much venom to overcome.

Yes Tiglie, I am telling you the force that took your south was 15-20. Why would I lie Bro, I am the first to admit we have the numbers advantage. I really do not feel we should have to apologize for that. Again our 15-20 Way Pointed out, so if you really did kill 60 as you said at Crag, maybe they came back to the south after we left, no idea. I am not at all delusional, I can only tell you what happened when I personally was there.

Draygo,

You are correct. There are 2 main strats it seems that are being tried by a few people.

This week we have chosen to be roaming. (Except for our static EB people) It seems from posts in this thread Kain deploys more of a guild assignment strat with people being responsible for certain areas. They both have their weakness.

Roaming groups have the issue of too many people being out of place. You have to make sure someone is upgrading and that sentries are set up to warn of attacks and enemy movement. If that fails then you can find yourself out of position by a long way. That is what happened to us the other night.

The guild assignment/responsible for one area also has its problems. If one area gets over run, and those people call for help, they may not get that due to the other groups not wanting to fall down on their own assigned areas. It seemed to have caused a lot of issues on Kain last week. That is just an outside observation and I apologize if I read into it incorrectly.

We just have to figure out the best way to mix the two. Then we will start progressing at a better pace.

Sumwun,

Don’t let it get you down man….keep trying to joke and have fun. There’s a lot of people that are not near as serious as a few of the people posting the hate.

Detharos,

I always Bow to players that either charge a zerg solo, or put up a great 1v1 fight. Just seems the thing to do in my opinion. Plus I do not take most of the things in a “game” personally.

I have only sit on one enemy. That was an elementalist that killed me 6 on 1 and then did it to me first I spent the rest of the night hunting them, and sat on them three more times lol. I guess I let that one get too personal… May have been the Guiness.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

(edited by SpaceLord.4590)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

I will be the first to admit to taunting and such when I was defending KBL. :p I tried making it clear that my goal was to boot out ANYONE who wasn’t Kaineng from our BL, but I have only ever considered it good natured challenging the people killed to come back.

On Tactics: I don’t think any of the T8 Servers are good at Tactics, I have the same problem I imagine Devonas have: Getting people to listen. Zergs are, imho a major weakness rather than a strength. If you could, instead, split that Zerg into enough Parties to have them take every place on a Map at the same time you will cause more havoc in a shorter time than you ever could with a Zerg. At the very least, take and hold every Supply Camp with more vigor than you do the Towers/Keeps and the map is YOURS. Without Supply NO ONE can hold a Keep/Tower, let alone take it. It will force them to go to other Maps in order to get Supply, or to try attacking one Camp in force…which if you’re prepared with Defenders and a lot of Siege, should be fun.

There are lots of good Tactics…but Zerging isn’t a Tactic, it’s a last resort for the lack thereof.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Agreed StormWolf…

Pushing cats with a rope is like a commander trying to lead a zerg.

My running mates went back to 5 mans last night. God that is so much fun Had 2 groups with about 9 total running together. Seems to be a good number….Enough to take towers at times, easy to coordinate, and still able to take on uncoordinated zergs.

I am really not sure from reading the forums that the higher tiers are any better at controling their zergs, they just have more people getting them coordinated. It seems almost every bracket is complaining of the same thing.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Now if only all the people who actually want to fight in an organized and tactical manner would be on the same server…

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Agreed StormWolf…

My running mates went back to 5 mans last night. God that is so much fun Had 2 groups with about 9 total running together. Seems to be a good number….Enough to take towers at times, easy to coordinate, and still able to take on uncoordinated zergs.

I am really not sure from reading the forums that the higher tiers are any better at controling their zergs, they just have more people getting them coordinated. It seems almost every bracket is complaining of the same thing.

Small man fights, who would ever think of such a thing? I mean I would NEVER do such a thing. ZERG FTW, long live the Zerg in WvWvW.

But your math isn’t adding up for small man group of 5. Isn’t two groups of 9 = 18. Help me out on this one :-p. Show me how you are 5 please I’m soo confused with this math. Are you saying it takes 3.6 Devonians to equal one of ours? So we divide your total number by 5 to get result? I still love ya though but please help me out on this one.

Stylii Elementalist (Staff)
Going to Roll the Next Tier Against DR (NoQQ) leader

(edited by Zizanzi.4678)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Zizanzi,

One of these days your big white cat protector is gonna run out of his insta rez cannisters and I am gonna get that treb dropped on you! LOL

Killed that dude twice last night and he popped up and both times was back at it fighting Outstanding work! Always know to be on our toes when you guys are around.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Etna.1634

Etna.1634

So even LARP employs exploiting thieves that continually vanish like in the video. And here I thought you were actually trying to bring a good fight.

Would I be correct in assuming you were one of the many Dev’s we just repeatedly rolled in EB.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself.

EDIT: It’s an issue beyond our control.

Hi, just wondering if your that LARP Char Thief.

That’s Regime Change, he hasn’t completed the forum access challenge so he’s not allowed to read or post here but he has completed the mad skills tacticalz challenge, as you may be aware.

- Etna H, D/D Elementalist
[BSty][LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Max Castle.6173

Max Castle.6173

Agreed StormWolf…

Small man fights, who would ever think of such a thing? I mean I would NEVER do such a thing. ZERG FTW, long live the Zerg in WvWvW.

But your math isn’t adding up for small man group of 5. Isn’t two groups of 9 = 18. Help me out on this one :-p. Show me how you are 5 please I’m soo confused with this math. Are you saying it takes 3.6 Devonians to equal one of ours? So we divide your total number by 5 to get result? I still love ya though but please help me out on this one.

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10
Usually when we do this kind of action we might have a scout off .. Well.. Scouting. So there is your 9. " 2 groups with total of 9 ". Or maybe one group only had 4 total and no scout. So 5 +4 = 9…
Or MAYBE it was two parties if 4, and a pubbie following along…
Or maybe.. Ok that’s enough.
Now last night Ferg was hiding a group of 5-10 in red water and ambushing the 5( and sometimes 10 ) going to cap the camp. ( which is viable and well executed with some excellent portal, stealth use and hidden siege btw) so kudos on those good fights.

What I try to stress with my groups are small victories. Camp captures, supply and reinforcement denial, and diversion assaults. I see both kain and ferg doing this as well. (and better at times) These are more critical to our servers success than these Zergs IMO and I look forward to doing more of this on reset and the weekend.

Flag [Pro]
DR

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

Zizanzi,

One of these days your big white cat protector is gonna run out of his insta rez cannisters and I am gonna get that treb dropped on you! LOL

Killed that dude twice last night and he popped up and both times was back at it fighting Outstanding work! Always know to be on our toes when you guys are around.

Insta-Rez orbs work in wvw?

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

LOL @ Zizanzi, I think someone did hit ya with a treb with that math.

2 groups with a total of 9 people… 5 people in Group ’A" 4 more in Group “B” running together while coordinating in TS.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Zizanzi.4678

LOL @ Zizanzi, I think someone did hit ya with a treb with that math.

2 groups with a total of 9 people… 5 people in Group ’A" 4 more in Group “B” running together while coordinating in TS.

Hmmmm, guess I sux @ math and English. But the end result 5 man doesn’t = 9. Does it since they were running together ;-p

But props for running small man under 15 it is a blast. Love ya. Now I just gotta go get my GED for 1st grade

(NoQQ)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10
Usually when we do this kind of action we might have a scout off .. Well.. Scouting. So there is your 9. " 2 groups with total of 9 ". Or maybe one group only had 4 total and no scout. So 5 +4 = 9…
Now last night Ferg was hiding a group of 5-10 in red water and ambushing the 5( and sometimes 10 ) going to cap the camp. ( which is viable and well executed with some excellent portal, stealth use and hidden siege btw) so kudos on those good fights.

What I try to stress with my groups are small victories. Camp captures, supply and reinforcement denial, and diversion assaults. I see both kain and ferg doing this as well. (and better at times) These are more critical to our servers success than these Zergs IMO and I look forward to doing more of this on reset and the weekend.

Flag [Pro]
DR

Are you talking about last night around 8ish EST when LARP and me (ENVY ele) were defending Red Water??

As I recall that night, we had…maybe 8 or so. And significantly larger Dev’s group were consistently attacking that camp. The groups attacking varied, but I think it had to be around 12-20 or so.

The crazy thing was that the Dev players would just keep trying to go through that door over and over and just get creamed by the two ballistas. Each time I kept thinking “Why don’t they just come in from the water??” But every time, they would just bang their heads on the door.

I think there were like 3-4 attack attempts that were repelled, until they finally came in with absolutely overwhelming numbers and took the camp. In the end, I’m not sure how many DR there were, but it was a sea of red names lol.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: killerumbrellas.4537

killerumbrellas.4537

Thanks for the fun fight AoD ele and others at the hylek camp in EB. I thought you were going to get up when I was taunting you on the ground and a 4th person came. I was going to let you up to kill you again, but of course there are always more dev around.

LARP | Regime Change

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Tiglie.5834

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

Are you talking about last night around 8ish EST when LARP and me (ENVY ele) were defending Red Water??

As I recall that night, we had…maybe 8 or so. And significantly larger Dev’s group were consistently attacking that camp. The groups attacking varied, but I think it had to be around 12-20 or so.

The crazy thing was that the Dev players would just keep trying to go through that door over and over and just get creamed by the two ballistas. Each time I kept thinking “Why don’t they just come in from the water??” But every time, they would just bang their heads on the door.

I think there were like 3-4 attack attempts that were repelled, until they finally came in with absolutely overwhelming numbers and took the camp. In the end, I’m not sure how many DR there were, but it was a sea of red names lol.

1-1 matchup with PRO. Even if it has ever happened, it was over so fast I would have trouble reading the guild tag, since it clips on the ground when they’re face down.

[LARP]

(edited by Tiglie.5834)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

LOL wondering how long it would take for the PRO hate to start as well.

Yeah since you guys are always only 5 people. Looked more like 12 or so with Larp and NOQQ together all the time.

You are correct, it was nice just worrying about the small group and only where we were. Much easier than trying to help watch 3 BL’s and EB. I can see why you guys do it all the time. Much less stressful.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Tiglie.5834

Yeah since you guys are always only 5 people. Looked more like 12 or so with Larp and NOQQ together all the time.

You are correct, it was nice just worrying about the small group and only where we were. Much easier than trying to help watch 3 BL’s and EB. I can see why you guys do it all the time. Much less stressful.

Or you could look at it like we focus on zerg busting with a small group, which we are obviously successful at by reading these boards. Meanwhile, PRO couldn’t cut it as a server force in their old tier, so transfered to Tier 8 to play the meaningless weekly score game. Meanwhile, 2 months later…….Devona is still in tier 8. So, it is much less stressful for us, we are winning the game we play, you on the other hand……………

[LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

…are also winning the game they play?

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

See that is where we differ.

PRO isn’t winning anything or losing anything. DR is winning.

It’s about DR not PRO.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Tiglie.5834

If DR was winning, they would not still be in tier 8.

[LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

If DR was winning, they would not still be in tier 8.

I told myself lastnight that I was going to refrain from posting two of our Zerg busts from last night, simply because it wasn’t any display of skill on our part, as much as pure ineptitude on the part of the green zergs populated mostly with pro tags.

If anything, it will be nice to put an end to all of this fuzzy math people are coming up with about how many are participating in many of these fights, on both sides.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Zizanzi.4678

Wasnt ment as hate, im all for smaller groups which make the game more fun imho. Just didnt fully understand if you had two groups of 9 or 5 &4 as you said, now i know. Ya you are correct again we aren’t 5 during prime time which is normally 9ish to 11:30ish est at night which we will run up to 15 but normally only 6-12 during this time is what we have. How else are we to combat the massive amount of numbers we face? All other times we are hard pressed to even have 5 on. So again props to bringing the smaller groups we look forward to the smaller man fights.

(NoQQ)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

SpaceLord.4590

Zizanzi,

The PRO hate comment was towards Tiglie not you. Sorry I was not clear on that.

I do respect you and NOQQ.

Devona’s Rest

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

<————is winning at winning. Just last night jumped into Ferg’s BL and flame rammed down a wall, wasn’t my fault 30 other people showed up to cheer me on. Watched 11 Golems die at a Hills gate so I decided to go on a vicious NPC murdering rampage. Thief is pretty much OP as can be, cause I was one shottin them Bunnies like a bawse. There was however one very sneaky Raccoon whom I had to use all my CD’s on and if it weren’t for stealth he prolly would have had me. Got bored and went to LA where I got a message from a guildmate to help him make tons of gold WHICH WE DID.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Had a great fight against some [RED] last night at the post north of Dawn’s tower in KBL. All I could say afterwards to my teammates who arrived at the last second was “that was awesome!”. Won the 1v1 (+ the sentry :P) against an engi, waited at his corpse as he called over 3 buddies then fought them off too. Whoever you guys were, I hope you had fun too.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

<————is winning at winning. Just last night jumped into Ferg’s BL and flame rammed down a wall, wasn’t my fault 30 other people showed up to cheer me on. Watched 11 Golems die at a Hills gate so I decided to go on a vicious NPC murdering rampage. Thief is pretty much OP as can be, cause I was one shottin them Bunnies like a bawse. There was however one very sneaky Raccoon whom I had to use all my CD’s on and if it weren’t for stealth he prolly would have had me. Got bored and went to LA where I got a message from a guildmate to help him make tons of gold WHICH WE DID.

You flame rammed a wall? Teach me that trick please.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

Sure as kitten did!!! /s chat lit up with laughter but I got the last laugh when they were amazed when I took that wall down. One man can make a difference on the battlefield!

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: KolyFrog.5970

KolyFrog.5970

Me, missing out in all of this good stuff, wishes that my internet is already back online but it won’t be for another 4 day. T_T I guess I’ll be back next week. (I hope DR gets moved up, not that I hate but i just want to fight other people. It’s a “its me, not you” kind off thing :P plus I want to see how GoM or ET plays.) Ok, for now, I’m going to look for threads that explains why ANet wouldn’t give Engineers a grenade launcher/RPG as a legendary rifle. Firing a sniper rifle (The Predator) from my hip isn’t working well with me. You guys have fun!

Chiksilog lvl 80 Human Engineer – Emma Mann lvl 80 Norn Necromancer
[KAIN] Centurion
“I play female characters, so what?”

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

Nice revisionist history here, but some parts correct. Yes, you guys repelled the front door assaults ( 3 or 4 seems right ) And I will even spot you the "12-20 " vs your sieged up defense during thise repel successes. But you didn’t get overrun in the end. I and about 4 others pubbies went in and took that camp after you all stopped trying to build the siege in the tunnel to the tower. We were surprised you had abandoned it, but no matter. There were no overwhelming numbers; I am betting you expected us to do just that, but instead of staying to fight, you fled.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Every server has their superstars between DR, Ferg, and Kain. The people that you KNOW make the difference on the battlefield, like them or not. They don’t even have to be a commander, but you know that when they are around, they make a difference.

In Tier 8, it’s not about the guilds, it’s about these superstars being on the field. That is how this war is won in tier 8.

These superstars bring differing things to Tier 8. It could be tactics that belong in a tier to themselves, inspiration that can’t be matched by world leaders, or just raw killing power that is feared by the enemy. It could be siege placement or usage that trumps the general competition, or just being able to think outside of the box in general that leads your server to victory.

Every server’s superstars bring unique and awesome things to WvW when they are on the battlefield. When they are missing, the server feels like something is missing. This, however, paves way for new stars to possibly rise up, because it is about being a superstar… being the legit hero of heroes… that this tier gets won.

Shout out to all three servers and their superstars. The true unsung heroes of Tier 8.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

(edited by Darxio.5672)

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

I prefer to be in front, defending the wall you will be breaking your teeth on next. That is, until you transfer to another server to carry you…

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Creslin.1758

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

Nice revisionist history here, but some parts correct. Yes, you guys repelled the front door assaults ( 3 or 4 seems right ) And I will even spot you the "12-20 " vs your sieged up defense during thise repel successes. But you didn’t get overrun in the end. I and about 4 others pubbies went in and took that camp after you all stopped trying to build the siege in the tunnel to the tower. We were surprised you had abandoned it, but no matter. There were no overwhelming numbers; I am betting you expected us to do just that, but instead of staying to fight, you fled.

Oh yeah, you know I think you’re right, I was remembering it wrong. What happened was a BIG group came into the camp and killed our siege, and I died as well. I respawned, came back, and there were like probably over 20 DR in the camp. We wound up pushing you guys back before the supervisor went down. You guys even built offensive ballistas of your own in the camp IIRC….I remember RTLing to one and killing its operator.

And there is no doubt that those were overwhelming numbers…I wish I had a video, but just believe me, you had WAY more than us.

As for why we left…one of the LARP guys said they were going to Kaineng so I went with um. I guess they just got bored?

[Envy], [Moon]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

Congradulations DR, you took Fergies entire BL.

Thx. Since that was the invite. Even though are tactics are “inferior” and we won’t last in next tier. Since it is only the “numbers” game. Let me ask people, why should DR change tactics yet since its working? Can’t we move up a tier and find out how to change the tactics and strategy based on a new enemy? But good job all taking Fergs BL, and to those who tried to defend it. I thought I read somewhere that DR couldn’t take that BL. Kain and Ferg would have more merit in their “advice” if they beat DR next week, then I think more people might listen, until then I think people will just stick to what they know, winning

@serverprideguy

50 ppl vs 10 ppl or 50 ppl vs an undefended fortification isnt tactic. I have been on your server i know all that you as a server do. In even numbers you get whipped so dont beat your chest too hard around here. Did you transfer into DR like the other band wagoners or what?

Actually I was in DR when we couldn’t even get 100k points in a week against fergs or borlis. It wasn’t chest bumping. Just saying I don’t lose at something, and then point out the flaws of the winner. And I don’t listen to people who do such a thing. Btw you can only speculate what would happen with even numbers, since it is claimed to never have happened. Sorry for miss understanding, hopefully next week will be better for the fights.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Zeorn.4735

Zeorn.4735

Only amateurs flame ram a wall. I took down the walls of every structure in Ferg’s BL by myself with my bare hands, ripping them apart one stone at a time.

Clearly, after awhile my actions could no longer go unnoticed so a Zerguson Ferg showed up to stop me. There must have been 150 of them composed solely of NoQQ, LARP, and ENVY but again they were no match for me as I choked each one of them to death with my bare hands (I do quite a bit of hand strengthening excercises as you can tell).

As the last one prepared for death he looked up into my eyes and asked “Who are you, how did you achieve such power” to which I could only reply, “I am the daggermentalmesmerthief, and I eat three square meals of cheese a day, you can not hope to stand against me.”

That was about it though, pretty boring day.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

Oh yeah, you know I think you’re right, I was remembering it wrong. What happened was a BIG group came into the camp and killed our siege, and I died as well. I respawned, came back, and there were like probably over 20 DR in the camp. We wound up pushing you guys back before the supervisor went down. You guys even built offensive ballistas of your own in the camp IIRC….I remember RTLing to one and killing its operator.

And there is no doubt that those were overwhelming numbers…I wish I had a video, but just believe me, you had WAY more than us.

As for why we left…one of the LARP guys said they were going to Kaineng so I went with um. I guess they just got bored?

We didn’t build any siege nor defend that camp at all, and we did cap it because the three or four of us destroyed the hidden arrow cart in the building after we capped it. You must be confused, or were at a different camp.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Creslin.1758

Every server has their superstars between DR, Ferg, and Kain. The people that you KNOW make the difference on the battlefield, like them or not. They don’t even have to be a commander, but you know that when they are around, they make a difference.

In Tier 8, it’s not about the guilds, it’s about these superstars being on the field. That is how this war is won in tier 8.

These superstars bring differing things to Tier 8. It could be tactics that belong in a tier to themselves, inspiration that can’t be matched by world leaders, or just raw killing power that is feared by the enemy. It could be siege placement or usage that trumps the general competition, or just being able to think outside of the box in general that leads your server to victory.

Every server’s superstars bring unique and awesome things to WvW when they are on the battlefield. When they are missing, the server feels like something is missing. This, however, paves way for new stars to possibly rise up, because it is about being a superstar… being the legit hero of heroes… that this tier gets won.

Shout out to all three servers and their superstars. The true unsung heroes of Tier 8.

I second that, and this is why I love T8 so much. In most BL battles, I feel like I alone can make a really big difference, just because they normally don’t get to the OMG ZERG numbers that you see on a lot of other tiers. Like, when I’m on EB, and there is a 50-70 man zerg running around…I know that my group of 2-8 really can’t do much.

In fact, I normally wind up losing most of my health just due to performance issues lol…not very fun IMO.

But on the BLs, when the “zergs” are just around 10-20 people, things change. All of a sudden, a single good player really matters, and the game seems to become much more competitive on the micro level.

Also wanted to add that this is the reason I love Ferg’s as well. IMO, Ferg’s has almost become a server of “heroes.” After the SANC era, we became a very small server as people left for greener pastures.

In fact, it seemed like most of the people that stuck around were the really skilled players that wanted a challenge. A lot of us combined into ENVY, and we had tons of fun just rocking larger groups of less skilled players.

But then it got even better when some of the most skilled players from other servers decided to come over to Fergs. Now we’ve got NoQQ, LARP, and TrX as well.

I feel like Ferg’s really has a “personality” as a server now. Outside of our BL, where we are always outnumbered, and the more skilled Ferg’s guilds usually hunt. There isn’t QQing in map chat. No, there is laconic humor and joking around.

Ferg’s has been tempered into an awesome community, and I hope it stays that way!

[Envy], [Moon]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Tiglie.5834

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

We didn’t build any siege nor defend that camp at all, and we did cap it because the three or four of us destroyed the hidden arrow cart in the building after we capped it. You must be confused, or were at a different camp.

You pushed in with so many people, you built two ballistas offensively in the time it took for us to wipe you. A few minutes afterward, we decided to go roaming in Kain, since DR was taking things there. That’s when you walked in with 4 people and took the camp.

[LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Etna.1634

Etna.1634

Agreed StormWolf…

It is alot of fun and hope to run into you some during the week/s we’ll still be in the same bracket. Nothing compares to going up against another “small man”.

- Etna H, D/D Elementalist
[BSty][LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

My explanation still stands. We didn’t overrun you to take the camp ( like you said in your original account) you fled. We capped. Simple.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Posted by: Siad.3608

Siad.3608

Agreed StormWolf…

Really?
2 Party’s full = 10

Flag [Pro]
DR

Talk about revisionist history lol…you had 1 ballista up and a 2nd one being built before we managed to push you out. And we didn’t flee, that would mean we were getting beat, which even you admitted wasn’t the case.

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

Well I wasn’t ready to give up on taking that camp. But you left. If someone tried to build siege I never saw it. Where exactly was it? The only siege that engagement had that I saw were the failed siege builds by you in the tunnel, your two ballista up front near the main entrance to the camp, and 2 (maybe 3) of your arrow carts down by the guards. But it is of little consequence. I got the camp. I was attempting to give out some kudos for that limited engagement, but like most of the storytellers here, your embellishments have muddied the point.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

Only amateurs flame ram a wall. I took down the walls of every structure in Ferg’s BL by myself with my bare hands, ripping them apart one stone at a time.

Clearly, after awhile my actions could no longer go unnoticed so a Zerguson Ferg showed up to stop me. There must have been 150 of them composed solely of NoQQ, LARP, and ENVY but again they were no match for me as I choked each one of them to death with my bare hands (I do quite a bit of hand strengthening excercises as you can tell).

As the last one prepared for death he looked up into my eyes and asked “Who are you, how did you achieve such power” to which I could only reply, “I am the daggermentalmesmerthief, and I eat three square meals of cheese a day, you can not hope to stand against me.”

That was about it though, pretty boring day.

I also do quite a bit of hand strengthening excercises, yet I don’t have as much to work with hence the reason I had to use the Flame Ram. I now have something to strive for as you good sir are now my deity of perfection that I can only hope to become one day.

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Tiglie.5834

So you think we were throwing down all of the siege in the tunnel to build ………… wow.

(I should clarify we were spamming your corpses with siege out of boredom)

[LARP]

11/30 FC / Kain / DR

in WvW

Max Castle.6173

I was making the point they were uncompleted that was all.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer