11/9 SoS/SoR/IoJ Thread 2

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I don’t understand why that’s an exploit. Spawn areas give invulnerable buff to prevent spawn camping. He simply retreated back to his spawn area because he was outnumbered and had no fighting chance. Is retreating an exploit? If someone ran back to the legendary defender and it killed you, is that considered an exploit too?

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

I don’t understand why that’s an exploit. Spawn areas give invulnerable buff to prevent spawn camping. He simply retreated back to his spawn area because he was outnumbered and had no fighting chance. Is retreating an exploit? If someone ran back to the legendary defender and it killed you, is that considered an exploit too?

Yes, playing smart is an exploit. Ban all players who use their brains.

I’ve used that spot many times when I was trying to take back the camp and SoR showed up with 30 people. Me and a friend even lured 5 or so of you up there and laughed while you still tried to hit us. If anything, the only thing I exploited is how persistent/ignorant you guys can be.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoS looks like its going to be bumped up to Tier 1 next week.

I am kinda curious how SoS does in tier one and we need some new blood in both tiers anyway so I hope this happens. WvW has become stale.

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

I believe the idea is for the player to be invulnerable on top, and vulnerable on the bottom. There is one area on the bottom where players gain invulnerability. If you hug any other part of that hill, you are vulnerable and can take damage.

The reason being invulnerable on top is not an exploit is because it was programmed and intended so. I do not believe it was intended for a player to be invulnerable on the bottom. Hence the exploit is luring players and flocking to that spot to gain an advantage only you as a owner of that spawn can gain since it seeps over from the top.

That is why it is an exploit.

While I do blame people who use the exploit for their part in responsibility, I can never give full responsibility of the blame to just “players” because the exploit exists for everyone who owns that spawn use and abuse. The arbitration behind such exploits annoy me since some will be judged positively and others negatively for committing the same action. Which is neither civil, or fair to all parties involved regardless the language, culture or nationality we stake ourselves in.

Finally, I do at least get the credit that I came to these forums, posted a screenshot. Described the screenshot. Had the player who also fought the mesmer alongside with me. I didn’t come here throwing some hissy-fit screaming “oh that player is a cheat, blah blah blah”

GW2 is very young game and there are going to be bugs and exploits everywhere. The more players use and abuse exploits, the greater the attention fixing those get. That is how it works in computer sciences apart from the real world.

Thank you for everything everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I believe the idea is for the player to be invulnerable on top, and vulnerable on the bottom. There is one area on the bottom where players gain invulnerability. If you hug any other part of that hill, you are vulnerable and can take damage.

The reason being invulnerable on top is not an exploit is because it was programmed and intended so. I do not believe it was intended for a player to be invulnerable on the bottom. Hence the exploit is luring players and flocking to that spot to gain an advantage only you as a owner of that spawn can gain since it seeps over from the top.

That is why it is an exploit.

While I do blame people who use the exploit for their part in responsibility, I can never give full responsibility of the blame to just “players” because the exploit exists for everyone who owns that spawn use and abuse. The arbitration behind such exploits annoy me since some will be judged positively and others negatively for committing the same action. Which is neither civil, or fair to all parties involved regardless the language, culture or nationality we stake ourselves in.

Finally, I do at least get the credit that I came to these forums, posted a screenshot. Described the screenshot. Had the player who also fought the mesmer alongside with me. I didn’t come here throwing some hissy-fit screaming “oh that player is a cheat, blah blah blah”

GW2 is very young game and there are going to be bugs and exploits everywhere. The more players use and abuse exploits, the greater the attention fixing those get. That is how it works in computer sciences apart from the real world.

Thank you for everything everyone.

I do understand your point, but the whole thing about “being on top” or “being on bottom” seems a bit too technical. What about the front entrance where there is no “top” or “bottom” and is just a flat surface? The way I see it is that the invulnerability buff is given based on a player’s proximity to his spawn point, not based on what terrain he’s on. You basically chased him way too close to his spawn point, and that’s why he was given the invul buff. I don’t think that’s considered an exploit.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I consider that spot an exploit when used intentionally like that. If you are fighting at any other camp and a zerg comes in you are dead. Why should that camp be special. Once you drop down you are fair game, just like for lodge or vale, there is no getting back up so why should you be able to stay invulnerable once you make the decision to go down the cliff. To equate it to running back into your spawn like the main entrance doesnt even make sense since no other exit allows you to do that other than your main. And also the main entrance does not lead to an easy backdoor to a camp like the side exits do.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/gw010tx.jpg/

Let’s all stop complaining about invulnerable spots now lol

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/gw010tx.jpg/

Let’s all stop complaining about invulnerable spots now lol

hahahah…good call

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

I am going to ask players in Sanctum of Rall to not exploit the game. Here is my evidence of the matter.

http://www.smashmybrain.com/ss/gw514.jpg

We were battling a Mesmer in Lowlands who took advantage of finding a spot at the bottom of the cliff that made him invulnerable. Eventually we killed the mesmer but it took some work because each time his health was low, he retreated to the same spot to make himself invulnerable while spamming his skills.

Shame on you! You knew this would happen and you took advantage of the matter. You would have killed us both if I wasn’t playing full healing/support.

Using spawn protection is not an exploit. It is the same as if someone were to run out of the main spawn entrance and then run back in. Nobody whines “exploit” about that. Do you know why? Because it is not one.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

Epic Battle at Garrison IoJ!! That was a load of fun!! Got my kitten blown up a few times. =D

See you again <3

SoR [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

Epic Battle at Garrison IoJ!! That was a load of fun!! Got my kitten blown up a few times. =D

See you again <3

IoJ here! That was super epic. You guys were quite stingy on defense heh. We tried almost everything :I

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

You did, but you guys ended up taking us over. Our defense was good, but you folks never gave up!! I mean holy smokes!! On top of that you capped the top half while attacking Garrison. Impressive IoJ, great strategy.
Just a little screenshot I was able to take in between dodging massive AoE attacks and fighting for my life lol
That was really really fun. I hope to do it again soon!!
Respect to the IoJ attackers!! <3

Attachments:

SoR [RUN]

(edited by Sweetevil.9208)

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Score update ? I’m stuck at work qq

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Sweetevil.9208

Here you go!!! You missed tonnes of fun on IoJ BL

Attachments:

SoR [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: MiasmicMist.1420

MiasmicMist.1420

Lol, I was in Eternal from 2pm EST until 1045pm EST before I had to leave for work. Was having an absolute blast defending SM castle from SoS nonstop!

Commander Miasmic Spiritsong
Leader of Caedas [CDS] : caedas.enjin.com
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I know this is feeling that SOR is not used to

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

If they cant exit the other 2 way’s then their fault.

Nice fight in SOR BL, thanks SoS!

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

SoS, pick your game up! We want you in T1!

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Do you guys really need to camp our EB spawn with siege up to the invulnerability line and 5:1 odds? Are you allowed to do it? Yes. Does it also make you all look like poor sport lamers? Yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Sofaking.2019

Sofaking.2019

I thought the idea of these threads was to discuss the weekly match ups not qq about stupid things like the difficulty in zerging a single player. While I hate to have to do so, I must congratulate SOR for totally dominating for many hours yesterday and blowing passed IOJ. What I found odd, was the enormous number of IOJ folks standing around Lions Arch complaining about WvW and not actually participating. Good job SOR. You earned this post.

in WvW

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Okay, who’s the bunker elementalist from SoS? Norn, looks like the Citadel of Flame set. He participated in the large attack on Stonemist Castle last night while we (SoR) held on for dear life.

This guy is unkillable. All he does is run around in the front lines absorbing huge amounts of damage, and everyone (including me) falls for it and focuses him. Also he gains boons constantly. At one point he gained like 6 including stability, I corrupted them all into conditions, then 3 seconds later he has 4 more. We managed to kill him once in like an hour, crazy stuff.

Whoever you are, my hat is off to you, sir. Keep on keepin’ on.

Does SoR still have the castle? I went to bed before the siege ended.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in WvW

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I think it shows us their armor dyed the color they are.
Once I died watching two enemy sides fight over a supply camp.
So I laid there continuing to watch and I started thinking – oh, they all dyed their armor blue, what a neat thing to do, then I notice the other side was red when it dawned on me that it wasn’t them doing it. There were too many for it to be planned.

I tried dying myself the color of the scenery to try to blend better but I think at the end of the day the game makes your gear your team color visibly for the other side.

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Oh buddy, tell the whole story! Let everyone know that it took 50 of you to take a tower and a keep from 12 defenders, let them know it took an hour and a half, let them know it took 6 trebs(2 died), 2 rams(well 4 we killed the first 2) 3 catapults(put into mortar range, they didn’t last long). SoR it was an epic defense all 12 of us. IoJ you guys must be pretty scary at night, SoS didn’t even turn their heads to the north in EB.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

SOR was doing very good last night @ 5 PM EST. They were up +450 and controlled 2 maps.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: AIMonster.8236

AIMonster.8236

Okay, who’s the bunker elementalist from SoS? Norn, looks like the Citadel of Flame set. He participated in the large attack on Stonemist Castle last night while we (SoR) held on for dear life.

This guy is unkillable. All he does is run around in the front lines absorbing huge amounts of damage, and everyone (including me) falls for it and focuses him. Also he gains boons constantly. At one point he gained like 6 including stability, I corrupted them all into conditions, then 3 seconds later he has 4 more. We managed to kill him once in like an hour, crazy stuff.

That would be Papaj.

in WvW

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

That would be Papaj.

He enjoys making fun of all the horrible dagger Ele’s, while he destroys everyone with a staff and tanks mobs of people.

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Is anyone else on SoS kinda worried about our push into tier 1 most likely coming right alongside a semi major PVE update, based around the crucial time of the weekend.

I mean the halloween one nearly cost SoS the match :P

anyways awesome fights so far IoJ and SoR, have never come in to WvW and not got an awesome fight from both of you. has been a pleasure.

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I honestly don’t think SoS has the numbers right now to fight in tier 1. The servers “full” but we have 2 maps that are hit or miss on how many players are in it plus the one PRX roams on is always instant queue. EB is the only one with any queue.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Is anyone else on SoS kinda worried about our push into tier 1 most likely coming right alongside a semi major PVE update, based around the crucial time of the weekend.

I think that applies to everyone involved in the match. Thing is, aside from pride, you get nothing for winning, and aside from a bruised ego, you’re not penalized for losing. If the event distracts us as a server to the point that we get steamrolled, there’s always next week.

I love winning and all, but when there’s no reward or incentive other than high-fiving other people, it’s whatever.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: celeron.3469

celeron.3469

His name is papaj, and I’m sure he will be thrilled to reply when I mention your post. haha

Edit: crap, i didnt even notice i was too late in replying.

(edited by celeron.3469)

in WvW

Posted by: Azaruil.3406

Azaruil.3406

His name is papaj, and I’m sure he will be thrilled to reply when I mention your post. haha

Edit: crap, i didnt even notice i was too late in replying.

If it is the same norn ele that I am thinking of, then he is a beast. My guild-mates and I have encountered him on the battlefield a few times. Always good, tough fights.

Aza
“I smell like pomegranate.”

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Could someone post a score update, please? I’m sitting at work, dying to get back into the fight, and the score at http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA is five hours old.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

I think that applies to everyone involved in the match. Thing is, aside from pride, you get nothing for winning, and aside from a bruised ego, you’re not penalized for losing. If the event distracts us as a server to the point that we get steamrolled, there’s always next week.

Well, SBI and JQ have been in t1 for awhile so not quite the same for them.

As for what you get from the match I could care less that we dont get a reward beyond pride, pride is enough for me, assuming that the fight to get there was enjoyable. and i dont doubt that SBI and JQ will provide more than enough opportunites for enjoyable fights

T2 has shown itself to be more than enough fun, so t2 or t1 im happy, but i still want to win

oh and

Sea of Sorrows 193 235 +350
Sanctum of Rall 123 135 +290
Isle of Janthir 113 204 +55

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Azariah.8420)

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

If it is the same norn ele that I am thinking of, then he is a beast. My guild-mates and I have encountered him on the battlefield a few times. Always good, tough fights.

As mentioned previously by several of my guildmates, that crazy near un-killable bunker Elementalist would be me. Fortunately for you folk, you don’t have to see me tonight because this fantastic game bugged on me late last night and kept locking up the client for 5 minutes at a time every skill cast; so now I’m in the midst of a fresh reinstall + CCleaner + Defraggler rundown to cover every basis.

Think of it this way, you folks on IoJ and SoR don’t have to see me again next week if you stop re-capping our stuff while our NA’s sleep =) If you keep forcing us to take back SM and the other maps, Blackgate might pick it up late week and you’ll be stuck with us yet again.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

(edited by Papaj.9035)

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Looking forward to seeing SOS come over to T-1 next week.
Good luck guys.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Good game to all. It will be nice to have new faces and talent in T-1 next week. Congratulations on a hard fought campaign.

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

As mentioned previously by several of my guildmates, that crazy near un-killable bunker Elementalist would be me. Fortunately for you folk, you don’t have to see me tonight because this fantastic game bugged on me late last night and kept locking up the client for 5 minutes at a time every skill cast; so now I’m in the midst of a fresh reinstall + CCleaner + Defraggler rundown to cover every basis.

Think of it this way, you folks on IoJ and SoR don’t have to see me again next week if you stop re-capping our stuff while our NA’s sleep =) If you keep forcing us to take back SM and the other maps, Blackgate might pick it up late week and you’ll be stuck with us yet again.

Would you mind sending me your build please? :0

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: konggorilla.2643

konggorilla.2643

Would you mind sending me your build please? :0

Same here. Would love to know your build Papaj. It sounds amazing. :O

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Good ele but perhaps not a wise person?
Does sos need to be ‘pushed’ to t1? Do we have to ‘send’ sos to t1 just to avoid tough fight? Humiliating everyone here who tries to fight fair and square.

I meant it as a joke referencing the fact that it seemed like people were not happy about being baited into trying to kill me and having a worse batting average than your average baseball player. We (SoS) have already secured T1 placement it seems due to Blackgate losing steam in their matchup and since SoR is now seemingly permanently ahead in overall score over IoJ.

I personally have had a blast the past few weeks (though it did become more and more stale with each passing day) and I wish everybody well in next week’s matchup. My only regret is that this big tier shift for SoS is happening the week of a major content patch. At any rate I had fun and I even made some acquaintances amongst the enemy ranks by the looks of it.

However, one does not simply give out trade secrets; especially not ones as game breaking as my build is being made out to be. But I will tell you that it is lurking somewhere in the forums, undoubtedly being hidden by the constant onslaught of threads titled something along these lines “OMG DAGGER ELE 2 GUD.”

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

(edited by Papaj.9035)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I’m still showing up when I can make the time. Had a great time last night as we stole two keeps in SoS border with a 5-man group while their zerg was on our borderland.

in WvW

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

I’ve lost interest in WvW this week, can’t really put my finger on why, hopefully that changes next week. It’s nice to see were still having good back and forth fights though, be interesting to see what T1 is like, if I’m not in FoTM every minute I’m online. >.>

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I’m still showing up when I can make the time. Had a great time last night as we stole two keeps in SoS border with a 5-man group while their zerg was on our borderland.

Get more time off from work for this coming match Elth!

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Props to that mesmer on SoS from PRX that killed me 1v1 in IOJ borderlands when I chased him down lol. It was an awesome fight. Only second time I have ever died 1v1 verse anyone. The only other one was a warrior who 100 blade me in one second. I so wanted to fight you again but a whole zerg was right behind you :P

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I too am losing interest in wvw. I used to enjoy logging in to claim and upgrade towers but then 30-50 sos show up out of no where like a bunch of mongols. Sure we usually wipe them with far less numbers but they just keep coming back even while ioj is taking their camps from behind. the early morning hours are the only time I have time to log in and fighting oceanic servers has killed the experience for me.
We on SoR are NOT ready for tier 1 nor tier 2. Also, anyone else notice mara stopped playing soon as she/he was voted best gw2 commander? Kind of funny imo.

Personally , i like both SoS and IOJ. They fight well, think well and provide a challenge. SoS has better coverage over a wider time frame, it’s just the way it is. There are times when ioj and sor eat up the map, sos just does it more often and at the times when they get a lot of ticks before they lose thier gains.

I think Sor has given both servers a good fight, it just simply wasn’t enough for first.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

So because someone doesn’t log on for a while that automatically makes them a bad commander.

Nice logic.

in WvW

Posted by: Toroth.1453

Toroth.1453

So because someone doesn’t log on for a while that automatically makes them a bad commander.

Nice logic.

Over a month makes them non-existent. Mara, Owl, and Mia are the only dedicated commanders I’ve encountered that actually spoke in /team to rally the troops. Losing just one of them crippled our chances of making tier 1.

Paradoxical Clarity [DEGU]
-Sanctum of Rall-

in WvW

Kuthos.9623

Nice logic.

Over a month makes them non-existent. Mara, Owl, and Mia are the only dedicated commanders I’ve encountered that actually spoke in /team to rally the troops. Losing just one of them crippled our chances of making tier 1.

So you’re blaming the chance of making tier 1 on ONE commander. What do you want them to do? Log in 24/7? You know people do have lives…..

By that statement you’re actually saying how good of a commander Mara is if it’s only possible to go to tier 1 with her there. It’s also kind of insulting to the other commanders who are still there.

I really don’t understand you’re logic, or why you think it’s “funny” or related to being voted a good commander and then “disappearing”. People stop playing for all kinds of reasons. You’re jumping at shadows.

What’s the big deal about tier 1 anyway? It’s pretty obvious rankings don’t mean a whole lot in this game since transferring is still done easily enough. So your bragging rights really don’t mean a whole lot in the end anyway.

(edited by Kuthos.9623)

in WvW

Posted by: Toroth.1453

Toroth.1453

I never said Mara was a bad commander so it appears you’re jumping at shadows. Also, how is it not funny? Mara beat gw2 so now what else is there for him to do in the game? lol
If you want to continue qq’ing about my qq go right ahead. However, if you’re trying to make the claim that we don’t need all of our top commanders to make tier 1 you’re a fool.

Paradoxical Clarity [DEGU]
-Sanctum of Rall-

in WvW

Kuthos.9623

I’m saying you can’t saying you can’t base your chances of “moving up” or “winning” on one person. If a good commander leaves, someone else has to step up. If that’s the other commanders already there, or a new one whatever. You can’t blame someone for not logging in.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Nice logic.

I could always start commanding again if I could find the time to log in for an extended period. I actually took a step back because Miasmic and Alpaca Owl were all we needed with the amount of people we have on for the night crew. We don’t have the night population for more than two commanders. If I started commanding again it would only split what little forces we have even more. That is the only reason I held back (that and my insane work schedule lately). That and I found a good group of like-minded crazy people to take on some of the smaller tactical challenges that are needed to support the main body.
I wont be here for restart this week as I have an award ceremony that I have to attend on Friday night, but I will definitely be around Saturday/Sunday. And If Miasmic or Alpaca ever need me to fill in for them I’m quite happy to oblige, I just haven’t seen the need because they are doing well.