12/14 TC - CD - FA

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I feel like everything that could’ve happened in this matchup already has and we just don’t feel like talking about it anymore.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I feel like everything that could’ve happened in this matchup already has and we just don’t feel like talking about it anymore.

Seriously.

That and conversations that people feel strongly about are a big no no to Anet and WvW hasn’t evolved since launch so, that leaves us numbers.

What is the score for those at work?

and

Does anyone actually like Breakouts? I feel like the NPC cheapens player accomplishments like taking a tower or breaking into a borderland. Maybe I just want my WvW PvP game to be about players, not some meta mechanic that makes me feel helpless / lazy.

Whatever, people on TC know I loathe this Breakout thing.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Seriously.

That and conversations that people feel strongly about are a big no no to Anet and WvW hasn’t evolved since launch so, that leaves us numbers.

What is the score for those at work?

and

Does anyone actually like Breakouts? I feel like the NPC cheapens player accomplishments like taking a tower or breaking into a borderland. Maybe I just want my WvW PvP game to be about players, not some meta mechanic that makes me feel helpless / lazy.

We had an opportunity to try one of these breakout events earlier today. It didn’t really work, like at all, because people didn’t like standing still next to an npc twiddling thumbs while people showed up. You have to literally stack on top of him for it to count.

Most people just wandered off to attack sentries/dolyaks/camps. I get the feeling that people would rather be proactive than passive when it comes to claiming objectives. The breakout system is incredibly passive, despite what it does and how it works. In my case I just left to do maintenance in the Eternal Battleground after nothing happened for 10 minutes.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

I want to see how it works a few days into the match. On the first couple of nights there are a lot of people on every map. I think we had 4-5 commanders running around TCBL and CDBL at one point. Around Tuesday or Wednesday, most of those commanders will be on EB. There will be a handful of us left on the BLs.

Typical BL fighting means flipping the southern supply camps over and over. Eventually, you might get 6-10 people somewhat herded into a group for a try at the southern tower. This loose group generally doesn’t fight well together so it can be hard to get siege built. A tiny number of defenders on siege can easily counter this weak attack, so it goes back to supply camp flipping.

I hope the break out events can help the small number of us that prefer to fight on the BLs rather then zerg around EB.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Dolores.5471

Dolores.5471

Never burned as many golems as I did today.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Score update please.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I dont see why your complaining… every server does it. me personally i dont emote only if it was a fair 1v1 fight (Bow/Cheer). however i can count the times on my hands ive been killed 5 v 1 and i still get emoted when im dead. Sure it might be distasteful but if you dont like it just respawn.

Commend… COMMEND.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Just report the exploit posts. This is not the place for them especially without any proof.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I was on EB and was wondering what’s the deal because Hills WP was uncontested, and then barely 2 minutes later we lost the keep.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Bug report it. All of you who saw it. Make sure to tick the exploitable toggle.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

Just report the exploit posts. This is not the place for them especially without any proof.

What proof do you want.. the screenshots that will be deleted by the mods? :P
Anyways people should report your post aswell cause it contributes absolutely nothing to this thread but passive agressive flaming… but what do we expect of your guild anyways… just a bunch of walking badges and whiners anyways…

Well we are in the process of planning our retaliation… I realyl can’t wait for the day that FA is finally back in T4, I am so sick of that server and all it’s whiners and kitten ..

Its funny because in one of the TCvFAvYB matches TC did the same thing when they took a fully upgraded hills with no walls down… of course we just reported it in game and didn’t come to the forums to cry about it.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

My fellow TCers, you can only get dirty if you fall down in the muck. Rise above.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Frankly, I have to say, this match is getting poisonous. I’m sick of it. I hope Anet change the way the scoring system works, or at the very least, that one of us (TC or FA) moves either up or down a tier.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

Frankly, I have to say, this match is getting poisonous. I’m sick of it. I hope Anet change the way the scoring system works, or at the very least, that one of us (TC or FA) moves either up or down a tier.

I could only imagine the awesomeness of a FAvCDvYB match…

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

exploits@arena.net

Use that address to report any exploits. Include your screenshots or video footage etc if you have it. It’s all you have to do.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bella.6432

Bella.6432

Unfortunately, he’s right. They will just infract you for pointing it out. Anyhow, having fun in FA BL tonight! So nice to see PiNK out in force too. Thanks for the help! I saw some FA folks running around and managed to get a screenshot:

hahahhaa!!! <3

**edit Bummer the attachment didn’t follow, thats what I was laughing at lol

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Aytrix.4059

What proof do you want.. the screenshots that will be deleted by the mods? :P
Anyways people should report your post aswell cause it contributes absolutely nothing to this thread but passive agressive flaming… but what do we expect of your guild anyways… just a bunch of walking badges and whiners anyways…

Well we are in the process of planning our retaliation… I realyl can’t wait for the day that FA is finally back in T4, I am so sick of that server and all it’s whiners and kitten ..

Its funny because in one of the TCvFAvYB matches TC did the same thing when they took a fully upgraded hills with no walls down… of course we just reported it in game and didn’t come to the forums to cry about it.

Speaking of crying about things, how about that garrison of yours?

I’m not in game, not worried about it bro. I’m sure you did it in grand ol’ zerg style as usual. Brings you that much closer to winning that amazing prize of… nothing. lol.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: jayderyu.3751

jayderyu.3751

Imagine, unfortunately, is the key word as it requires one of the top seven to collapse. We would be fighting IoJ/CD or Mag/EB. I’d still prefer that over the current match though. TC has to be the least respectable server we’ve fought against and it looks like we’ll be seeing them for a fifth week in a row.

sigh yeah. 5th, 6th…. and on and on. As another pointed out unless one of the top 6 collapses as the current server strengths are. TC will never go up or down. Glicko SUCKS.

As for respect, needs to be earned. However, civility doesn’t and it’s been in short in existence ever since FA came to Tier 3. Seriously, civility should just be given in general as a normal behaviour. It’s too bad it’s the internet.

I don’t need no stinking signature.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I think this matchup just needs to end. Attitudes like the two above posts (not the post directly above this one, which went the same time mine did..the ones above that…) do nothing but inflame, and are becoming more and more common and more and more acceptable…there are some good fights, but the attitudes and behavior of several of the large guilds, who should be the pinnacle of respect, is just unacceptable and wrong….

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Imagine, unfortunately, is the key word as it requires one of the top seven to collapse. We would be fighting IoJ/CD or Mag/EB. I’d still prefer that over the current match though. TC has to be the least respectable server we’ve fought against and it looks like we’ll be seeing them for a fifth week in a row.

sigh yeah. 5th, 6th…. and on and on. As another pointed out unless one of the top 6 collapses as the current server strengths are. TC will never go up or down. Glicko SUCKS.

As for respect, needs to be earned. However, civility doesn’t and it’s been in short in existence ever since FA came to Tier 3. Seriously, civility should just be given in general as a normal behaviour. It’s too bad it’s the internet.

It’s funny you talk about civility. TC players on this forum except for a few are a great example of what it means to not be civil. Just read this thread and the last couple of ones. TC players keep on accusing FA of whining but all they do is whine. It’s getting tiring. When we were up against Maguuma, Dragonbrand, and Darkhaven everyone was civil in those threads. We didn’t even get moderator warnings.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Arcadio.6875

It’s funny you talk about civility. TC players on this forum except for a few are a great example of what it means to not be civil. Just read this thread and the last couple of ones. TC players keep on accusing FA of whining but all they do is whine. It’s getting tiring. When we were up against Maguuma, Dragonbrand, and Darkhaven everyone was civil in those threads. We didn’t even get moderator warnings.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fort-Aspenwood-vs-DragonBrand-vs-Blackgate/page/3#post357880

3 second search on the forum. Seem familiar?

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Your 3 second search yielded a post from 2 months ago. Not sure what I’m even supposed to be seeing. So…good job?

Lord Arcadio

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Arkard.3970

Your 3 second search yielded a post from 2 months ago. Not sure what I’m even supposed to be seeing. So…good job?

You were referring to match ups in that time frame and longer. See quote below.

Arcadio.6875

When we were up against Maguuma, Dragonbrand, and Darkhaven everyone was civil in those threads.

My post was just to say I believe you are incorrect when you say the above. Here’s a more extreme example:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fort-Aspenwood-vs-DragonBrand-vs-Blackgate/page/4#post357894

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

To be honest the hostilities between both servers are all that surprising. This is a match where one server wins comfortably by 70k+ every week and will do so for the foreseeable future and the other server is one that has been stuck in this scenario for over a month. Morale drops, tension rises and this is the result.

FA doesn’t do bad enough to be in tier four, TC doesn’t do good enough for tier two. Does any part of that mean they shouldn’t fight each other for even twenty weeks in a row? There is no better place to put those two servers.

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

When we were up against Maguuma, Dragonbrand, and Darkhaven everyone was civil in those threads.

My post was just to say I believe you are incorrect when you say the above. Here’s a more extreme example:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Fort-Aspenwood-vs-DragonBrand-vs-Blackgate/page/4#post357894

BG/DB fight was before any of those other matches actually. Still don’t see your point there. FA players didn’t post anything in either of your links that were bad. Your grasping at straws here.

Lord Arcadio

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bedinar.1754

Bedinar.1754

Dont trust [ATP] and I think it was [Val] from TC in the jumping puzzle. I was outnumbered by a lot and alone so obviously I wasn’t going to attack them. I waved, bowed, saluted until I got a wave/bow back. Got near the top of the arena, dog pile.

I dont mind a fight. I dont mind you setting up siege and camping the living daylights out of it, even if I never get to the end again. But at least be classy enough to do a /no or just plain shoot me instead of giving the go ahead.

So CD and FA beware TC is bored.

Fort Aspenwood
Human Ele – Koenix
Sylvari Mesmer – Tenshi No Kanade

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Arkard.3970

Arcadio.6875

BG/DB fight was before any of those other matches actually. Still don’t see your point there. FA players didn’t post anything in either of your links that were bad. Your grasping at straws here.

I believe you said “everyone was civil” not “FA was civil.” The point was that’s incorrect, and that almost every match up thread has clowns on it of some variety or another.

First post was someone from FA complaining about zergs. Big trend about the “whining” on the non FA side is that FA keeps “whining” about zergs, etc. My point was, it seems to be a de facto argument from FA that has literally been used for months. Hence the “familiar?” line.

Fair enough though, I’ll let the other readers make the call for themselves, seems pretty self evident to me. Will drop since this is veering off topic.

Back on topic, score/map updates:

Attachments:

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Just worry about what’s happening in the match, folks. Let the battlefield take care of things. That’s the best way to deal with things. Enjoy the fights. Respect the enemy as a whole. Nothing to work up about.

My only complaint, thus far, is there’s a trend we’ve seen in most matches thus far with these realms and it’s that while there was enough controversy to ignite a two pronged focus attack on Aspenwood (and you can talk about if that was justified but I’d rather we not), there never seems to be as much, lacking a better term, collusion between the two servers that are behind.

Maybe I just don’t see it. But it really is strategically strong as a decision but it never happens. Prisoner’s dilemma, I suppose. It’s always tempting to focus on the enemy with the least advantage rather than risk an ad hoc alliance.

Then again, any talk like this tends to be blown up. “Alliance?!” people hear, as they did back during the first matches when accusations flew of a love affair between the Coast and Maguuma. But that the thing…the term alliance is usually misread. Often, people think of it as some type of unfair action when it’s actually a wise strategy. So long as you prepare to deal with the possibility of betrayal.

Yet, I cannot think of major times when the Coast has done it. Or other realms have. Unless I’m just an idiot. Which is likely.

It’s like when you see groups make a tactical decision to hold off attacking a keep while another realm does the work. Then they swoop in and wipe the would be attackers out and stake their claim. You see this often, this tactic. But you don’t often see its strategic cousin.

Odd post, I know. But just idle thought. The crux of things is that people shouldn’t get worked up over much. Let the fights decide things and just keep swinging, even with a bloody nose.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

I was on EB and was wondering what’s the deal because Hills WP was uncontested, and then barely 2 minutes later we lost the keep.

I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing a lot more of this, there are videos circulating that show exactly how to do it, a certain famous thief has made one himself. This is not good for the game and really needs to be fixed so that no side can take advantage.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

KoMe did not want to let Danelon go tonight. Fantastic work on that! Whoever that Charr by the Hylek campfire was, you’re awesome.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

The close proximity to each other’s spawns usually puts the two servers at each other’s throats in the strongest’s borderland. If you have people just hitting whatever they think they can take you’ll get a few commanders that go after the nearby towers, and very shortly you’ve got the commanders that were more interested in heading north falling back to help defend the place, and shortly after they’re now trying to take the other southern tower (or just threaten it) so that they don’t have to worry about losing their own.

This means there’s basically two ways to keep both teams trying to march north:
A: The servers talk to each other and agree not to waste time on those towers that they couldn’t hold even if they took them. Commanders probably still have to come south to drive some riff raff away from it but they know they’ll never have to deal with a very resilient group as there’s no amplified retaliation for killing those players.
B: ALL of the commanders on both servers are more interested in being north anyway. This would either happen if one commander is in control of all the rest on their server or if there is only one commander, and they actually have basically all the players put to work.

B is pretty rare but you do see it happen sometimes, when there’s recognition of one simply concept: “they are keeping our enemies busy,” meaning “we’ll get wiped off the map or be forced to only turtle if they go to a different borderland.”

Now, I don’t think B can last for more than a night or two. Sooner or later somebody is going to take something, even on another map, and at least a few commanders will think that it’s time to fight them to teach them that they don’t get to do things like that without paying a price for it. Since this isn’t scenario A most of the players on the other server have no idea why the makeshift truce is off and they basically think exactly the same thing leading into a mafia style escalation where they are more interested in tearing out each other’s throats than toppling the king of the hill.

Or to make this even more like the game theory models I’m familiar with the unofficial alliance has optimal outputs when there are no individuals cheating the system, rapidly declines in efficiency as they are introduced (and those blighters spread f-a-s-t.) This is by far going to be the most common outcome as “cheating” is extremely advantageous when nobody else is doing it, but as you know it declines as well the more people there are operating like that- right up to the point where TC easily kicks both our kittens because we’re more concerned with each other than them, and honestly can’t handle them 1v1 anyway.

Now, the paper that comes to mind showed that the limiting factor in this sort of thing was reciprocal altruism (basically where you punish people that don’t contribute in a way that costs you more than it costs them- basically you’re not just picking on them and you think the matter is very serious business,) but I haven’t got a clue how to make that happen in WvW, or really anywhere on the internet.

*Reciprocal altruism spreads even faster if you place the punishment not just on people that leech but also on people that don’t take part in reciprocal altruism.

Anybody got any amazing ideas for this?

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Just wanted to give you guys and gals over on CD a nod for the great fights in TCs borderlands earlier.
Hoping to see you on the battlefield again soon.

/salute

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

(edited by ShinjoNaomi.1896)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Crusader.3165

Crusader.3165

FA elementalist currently underneath SM using Boil to kill trebs. Reported.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Arkard.3970

CD is really pressing hard this morning. Nicely done.

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Tonight was the most fun I’ve had in some time. Didn’t do a whole lot of commanding(>_>), but the fights I got involved in were crazy funny in TC and CD BLs.

I’ve never been chased so much in my life.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Tarnished just golem zerged both FA and CD keeps in eternal to reset them.

Not sure if overkill or not.

Still, great job to everyone that was there, went along very smoothly seeing we were mostly random pugs with a bit of gold to waste.

Shoutout to those that held back CD’s defense long enough with me for the golems to break through. 6 v 20 and having to run back ftl, but still successful in my book.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

(edited by Zynthetic.2954)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Yea, that’s one thing I noticed about our server….. A lot of people are very rich. lol

Edit: Player to Golem: “Do you want to portal up the ledge?”

XD

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Haha! Yea, that is very very true. It does seem like everyone on TC is a millioniare in game :P.

Imagine if TC went hardcore on this match, we could take every tower and keep within minutes or even seconds with alpha siege golems running around everywhere xD.

Score update please

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

The majestic dolyak plods laboriously down the ever perilous roads of the Mists.

A beast of burden, the pack dolyak often travels alone on its endless quest to supply its owner’s keeps and towers. This winter, a young dolyak decided to change its fate and spread Wintersday cheer among the three factions of the Mist War.

…It did not end well.

Attachments:

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

(edited by appledainty.8127)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: mechadude.2561

mechadude.2561

Here’s a score update.

TC: 61,694
CD: 46,093
FA: 40,290

In CD BL, two TC commanders just used a map exploit to enter Askalion Hills and took the keep. To all CD players in CD BL at the time, sorry for dealing with that, and rest assured these commanders actions are not supported by the majority of our players. Luckily AH was flipped right back in 5 minutes. Here’s hoping to a good matchup from here on out, without exploits like that.

Attachments:

Mecha Illuma – Thief
Zantt Illuma – Mesmer
-Tarnished Coast- [TCFM]

(edited by mechadude.2561)

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.8749

Jayne.8749

Tarnished just golem zerged both FA and CD keeps in eternal to reset them.

Not sure if overkill or not.

Still, great job to everyone that was there, went along very smoothly seeing we were mostly random pugs with a bit of gold to waste.

Shoutout to those that held back CD’s defense long enough with me for the golems to break through. 6 v 20 and having to run back ftl, but still successful in my book.

Video for prosperity:

Video by Kora Solaris

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Another Jayne? OoooO!

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.8749

Jayne.8749

Another Jayne? OoooO!

GASP my clone! :O

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Jayne.9251

GIVE ME BACK THOSE SHOES!!!!

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: MeerKat.3792

MeerKat.3792

Dawn’s Eyrie in CD border was flipped by FA 20 minutes ago with every defensive sieges untouched and there was no ram at the gate. My guild mate was around to upgrade the tower and left it to check the garrison and only a few minutes gone when the tower turned red. What a wonderful skill to have

LadyHawke of Meer/ LadyHawke/ Simply RedRaven
Raven’s Wolves of Crystal Desert
~ Fortis Atque Fidelis ~

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

Its not Glicko per se. GW2 WvW is all about numbers/coverage. There are 7 servers with large populations and acceptable coverage. The odd one out currently (TC) or IoJ if they drop will always dominate the other t3/t4 servers as no other server (barring xfers changing populations) can compete atm.

If FA, CD or YB(now) drop down to t4 they have a numbers advantage and become the “TC” of that tier and appear to easily win the tier there. One of those three servers will keep keep bouncing between t3/t4 and jump from guaranteed losses to guaranteed wins week to week.

Now TC’s fate is in TC’s hands. We’ve seen you easily outnumber all other servers in this tier. With numbers comes easier defense and more $ on the map = more siege golems etc. TC’s choice seems to be push hard for t2, or be complacent in t3 and essentially sit in auto-win comfort for the forseeable future. When you want to, you definitely seem to mobilize some very large map presences (4 map q’s on weeknight). All of this doesn’t really impact FA/CD/YBs fates other then a change of faces on the maps as I suspect IoJ (or whatever current t2 server that drops) will have a comparable or larger pop advantage than TC does.

Outside of the above to make this tier more competitive scoring wise FA/CD/YB need to recruit heavily or actually work together (in some form of loose “alliance” /gasp!) veruses TC (or whoever the “green” server is). Both these options are unlikely too happen though w/o some encouragement from Anet via incentives for a variety of reasons. (example incentives: encourage xfers to tiers where there is a pop imbalance, reward more points/xp for flipping leading servers objectives, perhaps lower number cap on maps etc) But these are likely a long way off if ever …..so it is what it is, for a long time i’m afraid.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

I think part of it certainly is that, as I sort of expounded on before, it’s not only hard to trust another realm to honor some type of agreement (not to mention actually enforcing it on both sides) but the knowledge that it is temporary encourages people to plan ahead against their allies or discourages them to even enter into an arrangement.

As for the ranking system: For me, at least, I don’t really care what tier the Coast is in. I really enjoy my server and all I really want are fights I enjoy. CD and FA generally deliver in this regard although there is a disparity that’s apparent because the same patterns repeat themselves. T2 would be fun, I think, and I’d like to push for it but at the same time if there was some type of major change and we started to drop down in tiers, I don’t know if I’d mind, again, so long as the opponents are fun.

In terms of the ranking system, it’s not really broken but it doesn’t really offer anything dynamic either. There’s ways to push against it but really I do think that there’s got to be some general shuffling at times. Not something like placing Kaineng against SoS or something like that but there has to be some way to have a system that, at times, gives different opponents.

I have no clue what that would be though.

12/14 TC - CD - FA

in WvW

Posted by: WeaponXI.4076

WeaponXI.4076

Firstly thanks to all the CD players for giving us some work! Thanks FA too, I finally went in the Jump Puzzle with FA people without having to fight them… I made a video of some solo fights last week! Check it

#/watch?feature=plcp&v=8YfU_qBEQB4

Thanks!

Edited with correct link

Raunchy-BLNT Commander-Twilight Warrior
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by WeaponXI.4076)