2/22 Fort Jaspenwood, Dragonbrand, Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

I read this matchup thread, because there’s always a chance FA and TC will swap places, and I want to get to know who we’ll be fighting to see if it’ll be fun both on the field and on the forums.

Best of luck to YB! Keep up the great attitudes everyone.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

This is hows it’s going to go on:

Mag/Yak’s and may be CD going to bounce between T3/4 until they change night presence, and that is not happening.

Annoying us kitten and no balance what so ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Basche.2305

Basche.2305

Had a fantastic time duking it out in Eternal Battlegrounds last night. Got wiped a couple times but that did little to diminish our spirits, which was predominantly witnessed by Fort Jaspenwood with our passive firework parades though their camps and around Low Lands Keep. Must say i was quite surprised gazing upon the 3 Omega and the numerous Alpha Siege golems assaulting the gates of Over Look. I’m Looking forward to the coming week!

Attachments:

Member of Naturally Delicious [Yum]
Zephiere — Guardian
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Destroy us until we beg for mercy, then don’t stop!

If you wanted a challenge, why on earth did you leave IoJ to begin with?

shhhh hes winning now, CHALLENGE HIM

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

Nice to see Yak’s Bend has matured greatly sense the TC/FA/YB matches. I’m sure if we were to have those again, they’d be more fun as we all have good laughs just shooting fireworks and dancing in others camps. Hmmm…we should bring marshmellows and make s’mores.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

in WvW

Posted by: Bleergh.1938

Bleergh.1938

Had an awesome time at Green Vale last night in YBBL, 2 of us sat in that camp until it was fully upgraded It was great fun beating back the 3-5 FA that kept trying to take it.

I’m sorry thief from AVTR that I(Sylvari Necro) couldn’t kill you before reinforcements arrived, we had some awesome close battles there.

Shal Greenhaven
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Nice to see Yak’s Bend has matured greatly sense the TC/FA/YB matches.

I’m sure you are talking about skill? Or something? Because last night at Eternal Battlegrounds all I heard was arguments over who was supposed to attack where and a lot of smack talk that could be summed up as “If you aren’t a level 80 exotic gear 70hour a week hardcore player, go back to PvE”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

The truth is a lot fun to me despite the beatings he gave us [BT] zerg vs zerg, for us it was an achievement hills hold for more than 5 hours, definitely learn a lot this week

Greetings and good fights

It’s good to see Chileans playing GW2. Uds son la raja!

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Every week FA suggests that their opponents merge with them >:

Well sure.

I don’t know how anybody is having fun to be honest with you. I personally am bored with fighting DB and whoever. They don’t have the coverage to compete with us, just like we don’t have the coverage if we went to T2.

if Krew, and EA, and NNK and a few more notable guilds would move to FA. we would have a competitive server that could stick in T2. As opposed to FA facerolling T3, Maguuma Facerolling T4. This would Create fun fights for everybody involved, as well as a balanced tier. FA has the oceanic coverage…in fact we have the most oceanic coverage I would say, we need more WvW oriented NA guilds, and an SEA/EU presence to do it.

It only makes sense. I can pretty much speak for all of BT when I say we would prefer to be losing/in a competitive fight. The borderlands become a target rich enviroment as opposed to a PvDoor snoozefest or unorganized zerg farm/Enemy not being able to field players due to fairweathers.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Posted by: Tool.3749

Tool.3749

Well sure.

I don’t know how anybody is having fun to be honest with you. I personally am bored with fighting DB and whoever. They don’t have the coverage to compete with us, just like we don’t have the coverage if we went to T2.

if Krew, and EA, and NNK and a few more notable guilds would move to FA. we would have a competitive server that could stick in T2. As opposed to FA facerolling T3, Maguuma Facerolling T4. This would Create fun fights for everybody involved, as well as a balanced tier. FA has the oceanic coverage…in fact we have the most oceanic coverage I would say, we need more WvW oriented NA guilds, and an SEA/EU presence to do it.

It only makes sense. I can pretty much speak for all of BT when I say we would prefer to be losing/in a competitive fight. The borderlands become a target rich enviroment as opposed to a PvDoor snoozefest or unorganized zerg farm/Enemy not being able to field players due to fairweathers.

Now just because you’re abusing buff stacking and Ele’s AE dmg doesnt mean everyone else who isnt running 20 ele’s and 20 guards with 50 stacks of might and dmg abs. shields up the kitten is an unorganized zerg.

Next month you’re D/D ele zerg ball will be nerfed into oblivion and you can all go back to playing thiefs again.

The vast majority of Yaks Bend has no interest in being in this bracket, ever. We prefer smaller fights and if we wanted large fights we would have moved onto a tier 1 server long ago.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Well sure.

Now just because you’re abusing buff stacking and Ele’s AE dmg doesnt mean everyone else who isnt running 20 ele’s and 20 guards with 50 stacks of might and dmg abs. shields up the kitten is an unorganized zerg.

Next month you’re D/D ele zerg ball will be nerfed into oblivion and you can all go back to playing thiefs again.

The vast majority of Yaks Bend has no interest in being in this bracket, ever. We prefer smaller fights and if we wanted large fights we would have moved onto a tier 1 server long ago.

I’m not gonna get into an internet fight with you because you are upset or something or your feelings are hurt. Pretty sure you can’t “abuse” buff stacking, buffs are part of the game and how you PvP in this game. I was offering my opinion in a post in the thread about becoming competitive servers so I’m not really sure why you went off on a tangent in the first place. Thanks for the constructive post though.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Have you guys seen that guild BV in EB? They were doing soo good holding that western flank for so long. Even when they grouped up with more players at night, truly an amazing guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Well sure.

Great for FA and T2, bad for T3 because the servers there become weaker and it just means they fight TC instead of FA.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Tool.3749

Well sure.

I’m not gonna get into an internet fight with you because you are upset or something or your feelings are hurt. Pretty sure you can’t “abuse” buff stacking, buffs are part of the game and how you PvP in this game. I was offering my opinion in a post in the thread about becoming competitive servers so I’m not really sure why you went off on a tangent in the first place. Thanks for the constructive post though.

I’m pretty sure that I’m not the person who typed your original post that called everyone not abusing the mechanics that I pointed out an “unorganized zerg” that would be you and just because you “can” do something doesnt mean its not being abused. You’re not the first to do this, you’re just red guard copy cats.

You want to impress us and get someone to jump ship? run around with a bunch of necro’s an ranger’s and be something more then an “unorganized zerg”. Not ele’s and guard’s. You guys do this and I’ll personaly come to your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Well sure.

I’m pretty sure that I’m not the person who typed your original post that called everyone not abusing the mechanics that I pointed out an “unorganized zerg” that would be you and just because you “can” do something doesnt mean its not being abused. You’re not the first to do this, you’re just red guard copy cats.

You want to impress us and get someone to jump ship? run around with a bunch of necro’s an ranger’s and be something more then an “unorganized zerg”. Not ele’s and guard’s. You guys do this and I’ll personaly come to your server.

We have more necros then eles and guards combined. lol.

Its pretty obvious you have no idea how our guild runs and why we succeed at what we do. 50 stacks of might??? lmao.

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Have you guys seen that guild BV in EB? They were doing soo good holding that western flank for so long. Even when they grouped up with more players at night, truly an amazing guild.

Word!
Thanks brah

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Expunge.4926

Expunge.4926

Well sure.

it seems like just last week maguuma was calling the BT zergball bad because it lacked guardians. so nice to have a new perspective, tool.

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

FA is overweight and Yak’s smells, [TG] is obviously the best server.

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Word!
Thanks brah

I had fun with you guys + DB yesterday duelling in FA BL at south camp. I called that bunch of PRO down to play too. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

You’re not the first to do this, you’re just red guard copy cats.

I’m willing to bet that just because you dropped that name, you have watched videos and read things to make yourself a better player.

I’m willing to bet you have used some of the information others who play this game have posted online to tune your build and improve your game.

So, why would you debase yourself in an attempt to degrade your opponents for using … tactics? If they’re as you say, Red Guard copycats, why aren’t you countering their ‘highly predictable’ tactics with some brilliant maneuvers of your own?

To summarize, I don’t think it’s right to suggest that learning from others is a bad thing.

(edited by Mister Mustard.7203)

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

it seems like just last week maguuma was calling the BT zergball bad because it lacked guardians. so nice to have a new perspective, tool.

Nobody said it was bad. It has notable strengths and weaknesses. BT does need more guardians to overcome its main weakness – extreme vulnerability to aoe control effects like static field and physical barriers like lines of warding, rings of warding, sanctuary bubbles etc placed cleverly around point of impact.

Still my favourite guild to fight because if you don’t pay attention, they make you go splat. Keeps you sharp.

in WvW

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

This has been pretty harsh but BV has been dedicated to holding their part of the map.

Some really good battles so far!

in WvW

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

I knew I should have got my last 60 BoH last week when we were winning… Tomorrow was my estimated day of finishing The Juggernaut… I hadn’t planned for the tier switch… =(

NOTE for all you people working on your legendary! Don’t save BoH for last! And pray you don’t get bumped up a tier and become small fish! =P

I’ll have to be widdling away at these badges all week looking for some small fights. I’ve done YBBL JP but I tried to do FABL JP and immediately got zerged by 5 FA and laughed at. =( lol

Gimmie my HAMMA!

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

Hate to say it, but paper doors and walls make everything more fun. Keeps you on your toes defensively, and lets smaller groups get bold and try to take things and affect the map and ppt.

Hope Yak’s enjoyed our 27 Golem Golem Rush to your Garrison tonight! Unfortunately we had no DD’s for them and luckily our drivers didn’t get pulled over! Haha!

Attachments:

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

The truth is a lot fun to me despite the beatings he gave us [BT] zerg vs zerg, for us it was an achievement hills hold for more than 5 hours, definitely learn a lot this week

Greetings and good fights

We always enjoy fighting you guys!

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: wolf.1895

wolf.1895

A bit late, but here’s TG’s WVW Reset Recap video

Was fun fighting y’all!

Synco // Retired Guild leader of TERROR [TG] #1 GvG Guild NA Post-HoT
Maguuma Server Dictator

in WvW

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Well sure.

I’m an ele, you’re gonna tell me I’m abusing mechanics because I’m doing something my class can do, and are you gonna tell me I am wrong for choosing an ele when I bought the game? Why would I play another class I know nothing about and don’t even want to play? Certain classes have certain uses, people play what they play, oh well. I’m not gonna go make a thief and cry because my ele got nerfed, I’m going to deal with it and play accordingly.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

Is there a tldr version for all this?

in WvW

Posted by: Mattjavelin.5164

Mattjavelin.5164

Word!
Thanks brah

I had fun with you guys + DB yesterday duelling in FA BL at south camp. I called that bunch of PRO down to play too. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

I was that PRO commander female human engineer, good duels there bring more of your buddies next time hehehe

lvl 80 Engineer, Commander Berylia Berret, (BKB) Black Knight Brigade

in WvW

Tool.3749

All of you kittening that you are not abusing certain tactics atm. If your not then why has Anet already said that this type of play is being nerfed with the WvW patch? Seems someone doesnt want people abusing it any longer and that person makes the game.

in WvW

Tool.3749

Well sure.

I’m an ele, you’re gonna tell me I’m abusing mechanics because I’m doing something my class can do, and are you gonna tell me I am wrong for choosing an ele when I bought the game? Why would I play another class I know nothing about and don’t even want to play? Certain classes have certain uses, people play what they play, oh well. I’m not gonna go make a thief and cry because my ele got nerfed, I’m going to deal with it and play accordingly.

Pretty sure I didn’t tell you anything. Hopefully you do continue playing your Ele., most wont though. They play it for the reason it’s being nerfed.

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

We have more necros then eles and guards combined. lol.

I have been fighting BT for a few weeks now and my combat log can vouch for this.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Is there a tldr version for all this?

Q_Q

And I am looking forward to next week. T2 is pretty brutal when you don’t have the right coverage.

And it looks like I get to fight maguumans next week!

Or you guys could take a chunk out of FA and prevent a T3 vacation…

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Tool.3749

I’m willing to bet that just because you dropped that name, you have watched videos and read things to make yourself a better player.

I’m willing to bet you have used some of the information others who play this game have posted online to tune your build and improve your game.

So, why would you debase yourself in an attempt to degrade your opponents for using … tactics? If they’re as you say, Red Guard copycats, why aren’t you countering their ‘highly predictable’ tactics with some brilliant maneuvers of your own?

To summarize, I don’t think it’s right to suggest that learning from others is a bad thing.

I probably read the same forums that guild does. Wow, here we both are on the same forums. I never called BT unskilled, I did call them copy cats and they are. I have played against them several times now. In the past match up’s they played allmost nothing but thiefs, they ran a pack of them who would sit in camps and insta gank. This was the OPed tactic of that time in the game, or so it was believed. Now there is a better tactic that has been found, by another guild, and they’re doing that.

Now one of that guild called everyone other then the few guilds he wants to jump ship to his server in this match, “unskilled zerg”. “Unskilled zerg” coming from a copy cat, irony. A few of them are now kitten because I have pointed that fact out.

If they dont want people questioning thier posts, then I would say stop posting like they are doing something that hasn’t already been done, by someone else and use a tactic that Anet hasn’t already acknowledged as being an issue that will be nerfed in the upcoming patch.

in WvW

Expunge.4926

I probably read the same forums that guild does. Wow, here we both are on the same forums. I never called BT unskilled, I did call them copy cats and they are. I have played against them several times now. In the past match up’s they played allmost nothing but thiefs, they ran a pack of them who would sit in camps and insta gank. This was the OPed tactic of that time in the game, or so it was believed. Now there is a better tactic that has been found, by another guild, and they’re doing that.

Now one of that guild called everyone other then the few guilds he wants to jump ship to his server in this match, “unskilled zerg”. “Unskilled zerg” coming from a copy cat, irony. A few of them are now kitten because I have pointed that fact out.

If they dont want people questioning thier posts, then I would say stop posting like they are doing something that hasn’t already been done, by someone else and use a tactic that Anet hasn’t already acknowledged as being an issue that will be nerfed in the upcoming patch.

lol now i think you’re just trolling since BT only had 1 active thief until pretty recently

in WvW

Niim.9260

I think you lost a screw somewhere. First you are reading far more into the statement then was implied, second you keep saying things that are bizarre and untrue. 50 stacks of might? BT was once an all thief guild? BT is heavy with D/D ele? Everyone in the game copies Red Whoever because you once watched a video of them?

Aim for at least one true statement per post, it will give the rest of your rants some credibility. Your view of what ANET has said is a rather subjective take on their comments, imo.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I don’t understand,
You seem to be under the assumption that as soon as one guild develops a tactic for wvw, no other group of players in the game is allowed to use that same tactic?

There is no GW2 patent system for battle tactics.
Calling them copycats is completely ridiculous.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Tool.3749

I think you lost a screw somewhere. First you are reading far more into the statement then was implied, second you keep saying things that are bizarre and untrue. 50 stacks of might? BT was once an all thief guild? BT is heavy with D/D ele? Everyone in the game copies Red Whoever because you once watched a video of them?

Aim for at least one true statement per post, it will give the rest of your rants some credibility. Your view of what ANET has said is a rather subjective take on their comments, imo.

Some of you fail at sarcasm and comprehending it. Not everyone copies Red Guard, BT did though. Those who are the “unskilled zerg” probably dont. Maybe your somewhat new to that guild? We havent played them in a couple months now. But I’m 100% positive that BT ran a Thief squad the last time we played against them. I personaly ran into the wrong end of it a couple times.

in WvW

Expunge.4926

BT has never had a thief squad.

maybe you are confusing BT’s 2 thieves running together as an organized guild event somehow

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

tl;dr:
1. BT has 20 guardians and 20 eles in our ~30 people online most nights. As everyone knows, 20+20 = 30. Clearly our eles and guardians are also capable of changing our profession logos, wearing medium armor, wielding pistols, bows, axes, etc. and creating portals.

2. All “20” of our eles use dagger/dagger, which are capable of producing water fields and lightning fields.

3. BT and redguard are apparently the only 2 guilds who use tactics instead of running facefirst into an enemy with no buffs as a slow stream of individual players.

4. BT won’t be able to stack might in a month because ??? assumed nerf to our 3-5 d/d eles somehow magically stops every profession from using fire fields and blast finishers.

5. Might cap is 50 on Yak’s Bend.

6. BT used to be 100% thieves.

I probably missed something here though, I apologize in advance.

(edited by Terra Dactyl.2047)

in WvW

Tool.3749

I don’t understand,
You seem to be under the assumption that as soon as one guild develops a tactic for wvw, no other group of players in the game is allowed to use that same tactic?

As ridiculous as calling people “unskilled zerg”? if they dont like the title, then dont title others, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

I’m offended that people aren’t giving credit to the actual unskilled zergs, like when I command.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Tool.3749

tl;dr:
1. BT has 20 guardians and 20 eles in our ~30 people online most nights. As everyone knows, 20+20 = 30. Clearly our eles and guardians are also capable of changing our profession logos, wearing medium armor, wielding pistols, bows, axes, etc. and creating portals.

2. All “20” of our eles use dagger/dagger, which are capable of producing water fields and lightning fields.

3. BT and redguard are apparently the only 2 guilds who use tactics instead of running facefirst into an enemy with no buffs as a slow stream of individual players.

4. BT won’t be able to stack might in a month because ??? assumed nerf to our 3-5 d/d eles somehow magically stops every profession from using fire fields and blast finishers.

Read first sentence of 2 posts above your oringinal post, thanks in advance!

in WvW

Tool.3749

I’m offended that people aren’t giving credit to the actual unskilled zergs, like when I command.

Job well done, sir!

in WvW

Zoel.9154

Job well done, sir!

Thank you!

Real things I have said while commanding:

Use fancy graphical effects in 3…2…1…

Make… Jazzercise… Real

Ichi, ni, son, shi, GO.

I need an adult.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

Thank you very much for your concerns. We have learnt a great deal from RD’s tactics and we have incorporated a lot of what they do into our tactics. We’ve also incorporated a lot of other guild’s tactics into our repertoire. That being said, there are some major problems with some of their “exploitation” strategies and we’ve been working hard to adapt them to cover these weaknesses so the stuff we do isn’t a carbon copy.

We have also developed a few tactics ourselves that to my knowledge are not currently being used by any other guilds. We are about adaptability, ask any guilds/groups we’ve fought, if it’s a close fight we’ll swap out what we do on the fly so you won’t know what to expect. I’m not trying to brag, I just want to address your concerns.

It seems like you’re trying to troll us because a lot of what you are claiming we are doing (and class composition) is quite inaccurate. It is obvious that you don’t like us so if you don’t want to fight us, just swap zones.

I would like to formally apologize to you about the use of the term “unskilled zerg” by one of my members because it seems like you are hung up on that. Let’s get over it and move the conversation to something else please. I would prefer if this topic discussed the WvW matchup and not just my guild.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

tl;dr:

Read first sentence of 2 posts above your oringinal post, thanks in advance!

Are you referring to yourself, or someone else? My post was sarcastic (summarizing things you have said, and pretending they were true to highlight how absurd they sound). None of your posts have been sarcastic. Hyperbole (a.k.a. exaggeration) and sarcasm are not the same thing.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I don’t understand,

As ridiculous as calling people “unskilled zerg”? if they dont like the title, then dont title others, right?

But that’s what zergs are… Unskilled.
That’s why they’re called Zergs, and not Armies, or Large Groups of Players.
But Zergs.
Because they rely on number in lieu of skill.

At most, calling someone an Unskilled Zerg is redundant.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Niim.9260

Some of you fail at sarcasm and comprehending it. Not everyone copies Red Guard, BT did though. Those who are the “unskilled zerg” probably dont. Maybe your somewhat new to that guild? We havent played them in a couple months now. But I’m 100% positive that BT ran a Thief squad the last time we played against them. I personaly ran into the wrong end of it a couple times.

Some apparently fail at reading and comprehending signatures. Just to be clear I am not in BT, nor am I even on the same server.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Zoel.9154

I don’t understand,

But that’s what zergs are… Unskilled.
That’s why they’re called Zergs, and not Armies, or Large Groups of Players.
But Zergs.
Because they rely on number in lieu of skill.

At most, calling someone an Unskilled Zerg is redundant.

1. How dare you say that about stephano, whose sponsor kindly hosts the score tracker.

2. WvW is about comps, working as a group, and using builds that compliment a group rather than a 1v1 setup. If this isn’t your thing, you might want to reconsider your time investment in WvW.

3. Talk to AoN for ideas about how to deal with groups larger than your own. They’re on your server and stuff, and they might be the best WvW guild in the world at picking the right engagements.

Zoel – GM of [coVn]