2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

If JQ SEA is playing overtime then that means they are playing till 4-5am SEA time especially weekdays.

i doubt so

If the SEA crew plays to 1am or 2am, that’s 5pm or 6pm euro time (London). Or 6pm to 7pm (if based on Rome). Handing over upgraded keeps/towers and playing part of early euro prime do wonders for the euro crew.

If you do not believe me, can you name 1 euro guild in JQ that is as big as votf or hb? Typically, to dominate a time zone, you need 1 good size guild in that slot. WM in SEA for SBI, Foo in SEA for JQ, MERC in oceanic for SOS, etc..

JQ has superior SEA and NA coverage. SOS has superior oceanic and NA coverage (or used to). The difference why JQ has won the last few weeks while SOS has not is all due to motivation and attitude.

Keep in mind there are a variety of International guilds that slot in for NA morning/EU prime. Guilds like EMP/PRX/SF can field pretty much 16+ hrs alone daily within their rosters to make up for dead zones.

There you go…

They are international guilds. That doesn’t mean those guilds can field large numbers at euro time. Likewise for MERC. Even though they have players playing in NA time slot, their strength is during oceanic time.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

You can leave if u pay to transfer. Just saying. No other intention

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

The difference why JQ has won the last few weeks while SOS has not is all due to motivation and attitude.

If you play in SOR just for few days, your opinion might change. In this matchup, its hard to believe motivation and attitude alone can topple JQ, at least from SOR’s side

I agree, that’s why the comparison is for JQ and SOS and not JQ and SOR. I explained in an earlier post why I think it will be extremely tough for SOR to win. SOR’s main strength is in NA which all tier 1 servers have decent or good coverage in.

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

We need to accept where we are. There is a structural problem with WvW that means it will be very hard for any server to beat JQ on overall final score as it is at the moment without more (paid) transfers and stacking to a single server. Should we be doing that? I reckon not. I believe SoR SoS, then BG and KN are all pretty close in overall strength with TC and FA not far behind.

I am focussing on achieving the best outcome during the three or four hours I’m on (oceanic) and having a lot of fun during that time.

(So my advice – ignore JQ)

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Actinotus.6410)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

It is likely that future shifts in population will fix the Tier 1 issues.

While we wait for that eventuality we can either have fun in GW2 or move to other things. I would prefer people choose to continue in GW2 but it is their time.

Please try not to be the final forum warrior that costs us GW2 players.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

The difference why JQ has won the last few weeks while SOS has not is all due to motivation and attitude.

yeah those 15 new guilds JQ got a few weeks back has NOTHING to do with why they are winning now. Nor the fact SoS has lost some.

But of course we can win because its just motivation and attitude that wins right?

you’re funny.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Pmetheus.5397

Pmetheus.5397

yeah those 15 new guilds JQ got a few weeks back has NOTHING to do with why they are winning now. Nor the fact SoS has lost some.

But of course we can win because its just motivation and attitude that wins right?

you’re funny.

wait we only got 15 new guilds? i thought the numbers were up in the hundreds? o_O

Alyssa Frost
Leader of Empërium [EMP]
Jade Quarry

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

you’re funny.

wait we only got 15 new guilds? i thought the numbers were up in the hundreds? o_O

^ This ;D

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

you’re funny.

I lost interest in counting after 15… could of been hundreds, thousands even.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

The points will remain unbalanced because at those times where JQ makes its points, there are no SoS or SoR online to team up and attack JQ. It’s not that JQ are any good, it’s simply that they have a free window of point making time the others don’t.

Wasn’t JQ just winning the NA afternoon time weekend PPT? Did all the SOS and SOR players suddenly give up and don’t log onto WvW at all now? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ABOUT THE FIGHTS!!!

SOS nor SOR complaint or whining bout it. More like some JQ member that cant find a nice battle in wvw that are raging? :P

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

Remember when SoS was all happy and proud of itself because they successfully trolled with racist comments a guild leader of a well known asiatic guild?

Some can say that karma is a kitten sometimes.

It’s not a secret that guilds wanting to move from SBI never took in consideration SoS. And all the crying now only makes it look even worse.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

JQ just has too many bandwagoning guilds to make this Tier interesting. Right now its boring. Whoever were the original JQ guilds buying other guilds for 1kgold over estimated how many they needed. They could of saved themselves some gold and we could of had some interesting battles.

Could we please just stop these ridiculous rumours about what happened with the guilds that transferred to JQ. I can tell you for absolute certain that not a single guild that transferred to JQ recieved 1k gold from any of our WvW guilds.

I find this interesting, as just last night I got in touch with an old GW1 friend who is playing on Piken Square (EU server). We were rambling about various aspects of WvW, and he mentioned to me “A JQ guild offered my guild 1k gold to transfer to their world”. The guild declined the offer, they instead went to a different EU server.

I’d find it kind of odd for him to lie about something like that, I mean why 1k gold and JQ? Either way, I don’t actually care. How far a server is willing to go to get transfers is up to them, perhaps other servers should have been willing to pay large sums of gold as well. I don’t see how it’s something to ‘troll’ JQ about.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

JQ just has too many bandwagoning guilds to make this Tier interesting. Right now its boring. Whoever were the original JQ guilds buying other guilds for 1kgold over estimated how many they needed. They could of saved themselves some gold and we could of had some interesting battles.

Could we please just stop these ridiculous rumours about what happened with the guilds that transferred to JQ. I can tell you for absolute certain that not a single guild that transferred to JQ recieved 1k gold from any of our WvW guilds.

I find this interesting, as just last night I got in touch with an old GW1 friend who is playing on Piken Square (EU server). We were rambling about various aspects of WvW, and he mentioned to me “A JQ guild offered my guild 1k gold to transfer to their world”. The guild declined the offer, they instead went to a different EU server.

I’d find it kind of odd for him to lie about something like that, I mean why 1k gold and JQ? Either way, I don’t actually care. How far a server is willing to go to get transfers is up to them, perhaps other servers should have been willing to pay large sums of gold as well. I don’t see how it’s something to ‘troll’ JQ about.

The 1000 gold for transfers was taken and reposted on these forums by some idiot who saw one obscure post in a thread that was completely ignored on another forum. Sadly those that were bitter about losing grasped onto it because it’s human nature to blame every one else for your own failures. The link to the post is in one of the T1 thread from about a month ago.

(Side Note )
A little quote from a man who knew a thing or two about propaganda.

“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
-Adolf Hitler

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Wasn’t JQ just winning the NA afternoon time weekend PPT? Did all the SOS and SOR players suddenly give up and don’t log onto WvW at all now? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ABOUT THE FIGHTS!!!

It is about the fights.

We’re done spending countless hours whacking on the doors and walls of your T3 keeps/towers in your home BL, that kitten is dull and boring. Keep them and your point tick, congratulations you’re going to win again.

If you want to fight us Choo is in red, TW is in blue, and CDS/FEAR are in EB. If you don’t want to fight us, that’s fine too. SoS always puts up a good fight.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

dont why jq even plays. must be boring for them.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

All the excuse making and QQ in this thread is such a great motivator for me to go out and WvW. I could have sworn that a few weeks back, the big talking points were that JQ could not win on the weekends, and as such, those were really the only fights that counted. I suppose the talking points have changed, now it’s all about the fights, huh? Of course, life was ‘ALL GOOD’ when you SoR, was utterly dominating T2, amirite? I like to fight too, it’s why I WvW and avoid the zerg…and I take extra pleasure from crushing SoR players. Your tears are fueling your demise SoR, and in turn making you look really bad. For every SoS player in these threads crying, there are generally another 3-4 SoR.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Anet, please just release the statistic on wvw population, so everyone can shut up forever

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Anet, please just release the statistic on wvw population, so everyone can shut up forever

lol this.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I don’t really care if they released the numbers or not. My only reason for wanting Anet to do so is to shove it in the face of all the SoR that spend more time on the forums crying than in the game fighting.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

I play to split heads and I target SoR. Honestly, a perfect outcome for me would be to so utterly thrash SoR for a period of weeks and months, that you would lose most of your players and plummet down to T6 or so. Basically, for your server to be completely dismantled. I can hope, can’t I?

Unless your actions forced the players to quit GW2 forever, it doesnt really get rid of them do they?

They’ll just move to another server, same breed in a different packaging.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

What the people on Jade Quarry don’t realise, is that your stacked server is destroying the rest of the WvW competition.

It doesn’t effect you because you’re winning by 100k points, right? Wrong.

It’s squeezing the life out of the other tier 1 servers, more people are becoming discouraged because it’s not fun to get steamrolled at your spawn on 4 fronts 24/7. You will come to a realization that you had more fun when the competition was close and epic battles were fought against worthy enemies.

You’ll get bored of spawn camping and PvDooring, then your server will self destruct and top tier WvW will die with you.

Think about it.

What suggestion do you have? Stop playing? Pay to transfer?

We agree all suffering at the hands of the games mechanics. Think of it more like Enders game…we aren’t enemies! The teachers are the enemies!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

See the post right above you by someone on SoR.

Many of us on JQ play for the fights as well. I totally agree it can be boring when we have queues and you are both out manned. However, I have also had some great fights while our tic is 400+. Just because we have a big lead doesn’t negate some good battles. That’s why I play at least.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

What the people on Jade Quarry don’t realise, is that your stacked server is destroying the rest of the WvW competition.

It’s squeezing the life out of the other tier 1 servers, more people are becoming discouraged because it’s not fun to get steamrolled at your spawn on 4 fronts 24/7. You will come to a realization that you had more fun when the competition was close and epic battles were fought against worthy enemies.

You’ll get bored of spawn camping and PvDooring, then your server will self destruct and top tier WvW will die with you.

Think about it.

We agree all suffering at the hands of the games mechanics. Think of it more like Enders game…we aren’t enemies! The teachers are the enemies!

And on another note…JQ actually got beaten soundly by a number of different servers (HoD, SoS, SBI), for fairly long periods of time. JQ advetised itself as a WvW focused server from the games outset, as the result, I think we pulled in a much larger than average PvP population…SoR on the other hand? I suspect the opposite to be completely honest…and THOSE players are the vocal minority on the forums i’d wager.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

It is about the fights.

We’re done spending countless hours whacking on the doors and walls of your T3 keeps/towers in your home BL, that kitten is dull and boring. Keep them and your point tick, congratulations you’re going to win again.

If you want to fight us Choo is in red, TW is in blue, and CDS/FEAR are in EB. If you don’t want to fight us, that’s fine too. SoS always puts up a good fight.

So, if you aren’t going to play to win…and in fact, actively avoiding mechanics required to win and be competitive, then i’ll expect not to see a single post from you regarding the current score…no matter how lopsided it gets. Coverage gaps are one thing, and completely out of your control (we’ve all been at the receiving end of that), but players cannot actively avoid the WvW mechanics required to remain competitive, and then complain when they aren’t in the least bit competative on the scoreboard.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Think about it.

Whatever gives you the most fun.

Transferring off to even up the tier wouldn’t be the worst option, if it’s a contest you seek.

Allow me to elaborate.

This was tier 1 before Jade Quarry was stacked: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37/17

This was tier 1 after Jade Quarry was stacked http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37/19

And this is last week http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37/22

Note, on the graphs the spacing of the total points between the 1st placed server and the rest. This is a key indicator of how equal the servers are.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Do you realize JQ dealt with this kind of ’’coverage’’…who knows how much months ago, always fighting back.

And here you all are, already crying, you wont be competition here or in any other game with that kind of attitude(the ones crying)…ofc wvwvw cant be really considered a competition model because the way is designed in my pov.

Hope they consider make a huge bracket between NA and EU…but of course people will cry even more because the mighty ’’nightcapping’’ because the world only spins around them and wvwvw in anet words ‘’24/7 fighting non stop’’

I took an arrow to the knee

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

drwookie.6391

Think about it.

Transferring off to even up the tier wouldn’t be the worst option, if it’s a contest you seek.

Allow me to elaborate.

This was tier 1 before Jade Quarry was stacked: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37/17

This was tier 1 after Jade Quarry was stacked http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37/19

Note, on the graphs the spacing of the total points between the 1st placed server and the rest. This is a key indicator of how equal the servers are.

I don’t deny the large influx of players we had, and I also don’t deny that it has unbalanced the matchup. However one thing to remember is that we were not the only server “recruiting” during that time. In fact if I recall correctly, I believe SoS (the winning server at the time) made a “recruitment” post on this forum before JQ did. Yes in the end way got way more, and the reasons for that I can’t completely spell out with confidence.

In any case, given the way things are now I understand your suggestion (leaving to find better battles). Some people on JQ, given enough time, may do just that. Perhaps we will go the way of HoD. However, being on JQ since the beta weekends, and having all of my friends on JQ I’m not going anywhere.

Believe what you will, but when I log onto WvW there are still fun fights to be had. Yes sometimes I log on during those hours that we have a massive population advantage, but perhaps I just live in a time zone where I get to see both. I still frequently log on when we are ticking in the 100’s. And even if we are ticking in the 400’s, I can still have some fun fights, and at the very least I can hang out in TS with friends.

While WvW could be better (balanced fights 24/7 etc…), it’s still fun for me personally (overall, there are some rough times). Honestly it was MORE fun when we were losing to SoS week after week (there was always something to do), but it’s still plenty fun now. If that changes we’ll see. Most likely I will move onto a different game before I change servers.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Please understand that the players on SoR that are complaining about your numbers/coverage are, for the most part, the new transfers. The players that have been on this server for an extended period of time had to go through this when we were beaten by BG 8 weeks in a row.

This match up has played out exactly like the BG match up did. We played BG close for a few weeks then we played them close on the weekend for a few weeks then we got stomped for 2 weeks until they moved up.

Unfortunately unlike T2 where BG eventually moved up there’s no where for you guys (JQ) to go. The only option available is for us is to move down and trust me I think most of us would like to move down. However, I believe that SoS would also like to move down and BG/Kain do not want to come up.

SoR is stuck in this tier indefinitely which has forced us to change our priorities. We would love to be able to compete with you for points on a weekly basis but we can’t and apparently we can’t even compete with you on the weekend anymore.

As I said earlier, if you want to fight us you’ll have to come to us in the open field. If you want to sit there behind your T3 towers and tick lead coasting to victory, that’s fine too. You earned it and congratulations!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: urek mazino.4026

urek mazino.4026

It is about the fights.

So, if you aren’t going to play to win…and in fact, actively avoiding mechanics required to win and be competitive, then i’ll expect not to see a single post from you regarding the current score…no matter how lopsided it gets. Coverage gaps are one thing, and completely out of your control (we’ve all been at the receiving end of that), but players cannot actively avoid the WvW mechanics required to remain competitive, and then complain when they aren’t in the least bit competative on the scoreboard.

I doubt he’ll complain. I think the situation is that we dont put priority into points, rather just fight and take what we can. Granted I’m not in a lead position to know the details but that’s what it feels like, especially this recent reset.

If you were in SOR bl today, it might be more obvious. We were running around the map fighting with JQ. Lost DE while fighting at greenlake and lost bay to SOS as well.

Btw, your last few posts are some of the most venomous yet in the thread.

Lo Po – Ranger – Sanctum of Rall

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Do you realize JQ dealt with this kind of ’’coverage’’…who knows how much months ago, always fighting back.

And here you all are, already crying, you wont be competition here or in any other game with that kind of attitude(the ones crying)…ofc wvwvw cant be really considered a competition model because the way is designed in my pov.

Hope they consider make a huge bracket between NA and EU…but of course people will cry even more because the mighty ’’nightcapping’’ because the world only spins around them and wvwvw in anet words ‘’24/7 fighting non stop’’

wait wait wait wait!!!!! JQ, the same server who earned the name JQQ when they played HoD is complaining because we are complaining?? LOL, in fact if someone were to bring up those old threads I’m about 99% sure that thread looks exactly the same. JQ we get it, you beat the game. As for the prize, well there is no prize for winning WvW, so I guess the joke is on you guys

[TW]Tempest Wolves

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

It is about the fights.

I doubt he’ll complain. I think the situation is that we dont put priority into points, rather just fight and take what we can. Granted I’m not in a lead position to know the details but that’s what it feels like, especially this recent reset.

If you were in SOR bl today, it might be more obvious. We were running around the map fighting with JQ. Lost DE while fighting at greenlake and lost bay to SOS as well.

In what way are they venomous? And for your information, i’ve been at the receiving end of coverage gaps and outmanned buffs more times than the other way around.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

(edited by crewthief.8649)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

wait wait wait wait!!!!! JQ, the same server who earned the name JQQ when they played HoD is complaining because we are complaining?? LOL, in fact if someone were to bring up those old threads I’m about 99% sure that thread looks exactly the same. JQ we get it, you beat the game. As for the prize, well there is no prize for winning WvW, so I guess the joke is on you guys

Wasn’t your guild on JQ when we gained the nickname ‘JQQ’? Interesting…

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

urek mazino.4026

It is about the fights.

In what way are they venomous? And for your information, i’ve been at the receiving end of coverage gaps and outmanned buff more times than the other way around.

I play to split heads and I target SoR. Honestly, a perfect outcome for me would be to so utterly thrash SoR for a period of weeks and months, that you would lose most of your players and plummet down to T6 or so. Basically, for your server to be completely dismantled. I can hope, can’t I?

That’s an example, the others are mild compared to this, like some jokes calling SOR Sanctum of Bags and such.

If you’re talking about this matchup, then you really have to try SOR for a few days to see how much outmanned we get during SEA to Euro times. Its usually 3 maps for long stretches, last week there were instances of 4 maps outamanned.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Wasn’t your guild on JQ when we gained the nickname ‘JQQ’? Interesting…

Quite interesting, hmm I feel like hes trying to tell me something?

[TW]Tempest Wolves

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

All the excuse making and QQ in this thread is such a great motivator for me to go out and WvW. I could have sworn that a few weeks back, the big talking points were that JQ could not win on the weekends, and as such, those were really the only fights that counted. I suppose the talking points have changed, now it’s all about the fights, huh? Of course, life was ‘ALL GOOD’ when you SoR, was utterly dominating T2, amirite? I like to fight too, it’s why I WvW and avoid the zerg…and I take extra pleasure from crushing SoR players. Your tears are fueling your demise SoR, and in turn making you look really bad. For every SoS player in these threads crying, there are generally another 3-4 SoR.

It’s quite easy to talk when you don’t have to work for your “wins” just look at Kobe Bryant.

On a side note, SoR didn’t dominate T2 except for 2 weeks after losing to Blackgate and SoS for about 12 weeks straight. Yeah, SoR folks could do a little less on complaining about PvDoor, but JQ has no right to talk at all, due to how much coverage they have. I’ve seen SoR and SoS destroy JQ zergs numerous times on NA Primetime (we are NA servers are we not?) I then log in to see JQ has a 50k pt lead and there are maybe 20 people max on each opposing server logged in to do some WvW.

Yep… keep talking…

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

I don’t post very often in these threads, as people keep making the common mistake that a few forum warriors are reflective of the mentality of the server as a whole. Most of us, frankly, are out in the field WvWing and killing people, and typing a forum post that basically amounts to another addition in the neverending internet slap fight takes away from that. Besides, it’s pretty clear that people in these threads can be both poor winners and a poor losers, and both suck.

I do want to take time to make the point that I think everyone realizes success in the current WvW game is a combination of both population/coverage and motivation/skill. I’ve seen a common trend from the forum warriors where they feel that since they had to put up with a lack of one or the other (most commonly population/coverage) that others aren’t allowed to complain when the tables are turned. This couldn’t be further from the truth. You don’t get to suddenly be blind to the issues or tell others to “deal with it” just because you don’t experience them anymore. In fact you should be more cognizant and understanding of that fact.

I think that everyone should understand that matches are fun when all three servers are motivated to play in them. It sucks for the winning server to find demotivated opponents, and it sucks for the losing servers to feel their best can’t tip the point total in their favor.

I personally find myself WvWing less and less, mostly due to the fundamental flaws the system has coupled with the lack of progression systems that would grant me a sense of advancement. As the game dictates it, the only sense of advancement is placing in the top point total, which is pretty narrow. March’s update should give us a bit more, but frankly, I’d be more intrigued by a method by which points could shift in such a way that any of the three servers in a tier could pull out a win. Sadly, that’s probably not soon in coming.

(edited by Mouse.3271)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

It is about the fights.

In what way are they venomous? And for your information, i’ve been at the receiving end of coverage gaps and outmanned buff more times than the other way around.

That’s an example, the others are mild compared to this, like some jokes calling SOR Sanctum of Bags and such.

If you’re talking about this matchup, then you really have to try SOR for a few days to see how much outmanned we get during SEA to Euro times. Its usually 3 maps for long stretches, last week there were instances of 4 maps outamanned.

Okay, yeah, that one was a bit much and subsequently got moderated, lol. That was definitely poking the bear. In terms of being outmanned, I most definitely know what that’s like. If you’ve played the game since launch, and followed Tier 1 even remotely, you’d know that JQ has spent far more time outmanned and out-coveraged, than the other way around. The domination of the last four weeks or so is a very recent occurrence. Stay the course, things will change…it’s the nature of the genre and a fact in WvW since the game launched.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Cirus.5748

Think about it.

Allow me to elaborate.

I don’t deny the large influx of players we had, and I also don’t deny that it has unbalanced the matchup. However one thing to remember is that we were not the only server “recruiting” during that time. In fact if I recall correctly, I believe SoS (the winning server at the time) made a “recruitment” post on this forum before JQ did. Yes in the end way got way more, and the reasons for that I can’t completely spell out with confidence.

In any case, given the way things are now I understand your suggestion (leaving to find better battles). Some people on JQ, given enough time, may do just that. Perhaps we will go the way of HoD. However, being on JQ since the beta weekends, and having all of my friends on JQ I’m not going anywhere.

Believe what you will, but when I log onto WvW there are still fun fights to be had. Yes sometimes I log on during those hours that we have a massive population advantage, but perhaps I just live in a time zone where I get to see both. I still frequently log on when we are ticking in the 100’s. And even if we are ticking in the 400’s, I can still have some fun fights, and at the very least I can hang out in TS with friends.

While WvW could be better (balanced fights 24/7 etc…), it’s still fun for me personally (overall, there are some rough times). Honestly it was MORE fun when we were losing to SoS week after week (there was always something to do), but it’s still plenty fun now. If that changes we’ll see. Most likely I will move onto a different game before I change servers.

I understand where you’re coming from and I appreciate your honesty.

I’ve also been on my server since the BWE and don’t want to move as this is my home and where my friends are. It’s just a shame that Tier 1 is the way it is at the moment.

The chest beating and denial from some of the JQ posters can be over bearing at times and that’s who my first post was intended for.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Think about it.

Allow me to elaborate.

I understand where you’re coming from and I appreciate your honesty.

I’ve also been on my server since the BWE and don’t want to move as this is my home and where my friends are. It’s just a shame that Tier 1 is the way it is at the moment.

The chest beating and denial from some of the JQ posters can be over bearing at times and that’s who my first post was intended for.

Denial about what though? Are there members of the JQ community denying outright that coverage gaps have nothing to do with the server winning? I know I haven’t. I do not believe that the current lopsided score is entirely down to that, it is a weekend afterall and coverage plays a much smaller role on the weekends (weekend warriors and what not). But I do not believe i’ve seen any JQ members outright deny that superior coverage is playing a significant role in our recent string of victories.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.3271

Mouse.3271

But I do not believe i’ve seen any JQ members outright deny that superior coverage is playing a significant role in our recent string of victories.

I think you’re misunderstanding the use of deny, and it’s part of what I was saying in my post. You’re basically denying the legitimacy of others to have concerns about population/coverage, dismissing it as “whining”. It’s made all the more illogical by the fact that we know JQ has experienced this as much as any of the other servers have. Given that fact, when the tables are turned, one would expect a bit more understanding and less poking the bear.

I’ve been on all three servers in this matchup at some point or another since release, so I’ve been on both sides of this coin.

(edited by Mouse.3271)

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

urek mazino.4026

Denial about what though? Are there members of the JQ community denying outright that coverage gaps have nothing to do with the server winning? I know I haven’t. I do not believe that the current lopsided score is entirely down to that, it is a weekend afterall and coverage plays a much smaller role on the weekends (weekend warriors and what not). But I do not believe i’ve seen any JQ members outright deny that superior coverage is playing a significant role in our recent string of victories.

JQ score leading on reset night, Still coverage

Ssomething like this perhaps

But to be fair, JQ didnt pull ahead until 10-12 hrs after reset. When i logged in, JQ was at 11k+, SOS and SOR 10k+
Another 12 hrs on, they’re leading by more than 10k

Coverage gaps probably still exist on weekends. Our SEA and Euros dont magically fill up on weekends really. First weekend maybe most were putting in extra hours to so the gaps are less visible. Now probably alot are just tired lol.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

But I do not believe i’ve seen any JQ members outright deny that superior coverage is playing a significant role in our recent string of victories.

I think you’re misunderstanding the use of deny, and it’s part of what I was saying in my post. You’re basically denying the legitimacy of others to have concerns about population/coverage, dismissing it as “whining”. It’s made all the more illogical by the fact that we know JQ has experienced this as much as any of the other servers have. Given that fact, when the tables are turned, one would expect a bit more understanding and less poking the bear.

I’ve been on all three servers in this matchup at some point or another since release, so I’ve been on both sides of this coin.

It is a problem. Obviously. We all expected a bit more from WvW than the reality we find it in currently. This is my problem with the tone of alot of posts; They attack my server for the way the game mechanics are currently implemented. I will not deny the issue with how coverage affects the scoreboard in WvW, but why then is it necessary to log in to the forums and attack another community of gamers because of it? THAT is what I have issue with. The accusations against my server of ‘no skill’, ‘headless zerglings’, ‘wanting free wins’, etc…Not everyone fits neatly into any of those compartments, I know i’ve been on JQ since BWE 2 (I believe) and have endured all the ups and downs inherent in a game mode as unstable as WvW (especially prior to free transfers ending).

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

having fun in T1. i just wish SoS gives a fight. they’re giving up

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

I wish some of the JQ guilds spread out a bit for a more even match up. This match up already feels stale after only three weeks. I guess now its a battle against number attrition in the upcoming months. The server to prevail in three months time will basically be the server that will lose the least amount of people in three months. Its sad that we have to wait this long for anything worthwhile to change. The fights have been awesome so far though. Props to all the JQ, and SoS guilds still fighting the good fight!

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

What’s the price, in gem cost, for a transfer? And then, with that, you have to take into account that moving an entire guild would be orders of magnitude MORE expensive.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

It is about the fights.

Stop trying to explain it man, its like teaching a rock to swim, its not going to work. I would advise SoR as a whole to completely remove itself from these threads, aside from simple score updates.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

crewthief.8649

It is about the fights.

Stop trying to explain it man, its like teaching a rock to swim, its not going to work. I would advise SoR as a whole to completely remove itself from these threads, aside from simple score updates.

That would certainly be my advice to you.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Cirus.5748

It is about the fights.

I like hearing from SoR, they bring some sanity to the threads.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

Remember when SoS was all happy and proud of itself because they successfully trolled with racist comments a guild leader of a well known asiatic guild?

It’s not a secret that guilds wanting to move from SBI never took in consideration SoS. And all the crying now only makes it look even worse.

When did this successful racist comment happen? I would like to see proof. Racism is NOT acceptable in any form, most definitely not in this game during my fun time, and especially not on my server.

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

2/22 -JQ/SoR/SoS

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

When did this successful racist comment happen? I would like to see proof. Racism is NOT acceptable in any form, most definitely not in this game during my fun time, and especially not on my server.

yea,

I am curious how any racist comments can be “successful” in any form without being negative, someone need to show examples of it…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer