3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

on magg even during prime time in our biggest zergs you are lucky if you see 3 people from the same guild. random 5 man guilds log in to wvw and look for commander symbols or orange x and that is how we wvw. the fact that we win any fight vs any organized servers with pvp guilds is almost embarrasing for them.

magummas biggest downfall is our guys cant get off the forums talking crap so we usually have the other 2 servers team up vs us to prove our trolls wrong. gg

Not only that but Maguuma got trolls that talk smack, be disruptive and intimidating to newcomers and newbies. Good luck getting people encouraged to keep coming out with that kind of attitude.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Grimpaw.7493

Grimpaw.7493

This is over a month old so probably doesn’t reflect current play, but I wouldn’t be showing that to anyone about Mag skillz. Obvious the Kain group there wasn’t hot either, but note that they’ve been really been training hard in T2 and made an excellent opponent when we left them.

Re: Jadon, Niim is exactly right, Mag and DB don’t have to asked to bring it, they do that just fine on their own, as do we. When SoR tried to encourage us, it just kitten us off too.

It sounds like any smaller Mag and DB groups looking for smaller fights should give some of the TC roamers and guild groups a heads up. Post which BLs you’ll be one and perhaps people can meet up, or send some PMs around. Note TC is having some problems getting guild groups into certain BLs due to world completion issues.

TC is happy to make the match as fun as possible for our opponents, within the constraints of playing to win. You’ll find lots of friendly rivals with a few respectful PMs. TC and Mag forum warrior-ing is like night and day, we don’t really speak the same language, and my hopes for a Rainbow Cookie Troll seem still a long ways off.

I’ve been away all weekend but rumour has it TC was really impressed with DBs tactics and skill over the weekend. /salute

~ Sleight of Mind ~ mesmer
~ Ann Du Lance ~ guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

Not only that but Maguuma got trolls that talk smack, be disruptive and intimidating to newcomers and newbies. Good luck getting people encouraged to keep coming out with that kind of attitude.

People making jokes in a videogame or explaining to a random new commander who decides to step into wvw for the first time what they could have done better don’t seem all that terrible to me. I don’t know what specifically you’re referring to, though.

A lot of people I rarely see in-game seem to have complaints about their own server. (Used to see you a lot Ninein, but it’s been quite a while).

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

magummas biggest downfall is our guys cant get off the forums talking crap

this pretty much sums up everything.

yeah our biggest downfall is literally hundreds of people from maguuma on the forums instead of in wvw

this coming from the king of talking crap himself

Our second problem is people are under the illusion that maguuma is more skilled then other servers.

My experience with this server is while their is some skilled players most people are below average. The average Maguuman is afraid to fight the enemy and will often run away or not even engage them, especially when fighting skilled enemies.

There really isn’t any guild besides [OG] that I would feel safe placing my confidence in for being able to fend for themselves. The individual skill of the other guilds on Maguuma is extremely lacking.

Can you transfer already so that [D|ERP] can mop you up in a 5v5?

I hope you and hackuuna have you carry pants on.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I hope you and hackuuna have you carry pants on.

what

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

He’s saying he and Hakuuna carry Magumma. God, kfarb, CMON!

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

This is over a month old so probably doesn’t reflect current play, but I wouldn’t be showing that to anyone about Mag skillz. Obvious the Kain group there wasn’t hot either, but note that they’ve been really been training hard in T2 and made an excellent opponent when we left them.

Re: Jadon, Niim is exactly right, Mag and DB don’t have to asked to bring it, they do that just fine on their own, as do we. When SoR tried to encourage us, it just kitten us off too.

It sounds like any smaller Mag and DB groups looking for smaller fights should give some of the TC roamers and guild groups a heads up. Post which BLs you’ll be one and perhaps people can meet up, or send some PMs around. Note TC is having some problems getting guild groups into certain BLs due to world completion issues.

TC is happy to make the match as fun as possible for our opponents, within the constraints of playing to win. You’ll find lots of friendly rivals with a few respectful PMs. TC and Mag forum warrior-ing is like night and day, we don’t really speak the same language, and my hopes for a Rainbow Cookie Troll seem still a long ways off.

I’ve been away all weekend but rumour has it TC was really impressed with DBs tactics and skill over the weekend. /salute

Uh,

The guy asked for any video at all of Mag wiping one of our opponents. That was accessible. I saw a TC group wiping in Mag BL last night. But I do not record myself and don’t know anyone who records bigger battles in WvW on my server.

Sorry, people saying “they’re training hard in T2” doesn’t impress anyone… T1 and T2 doesn’t hold some secret talent pool.. It’s brute force with some skilled players in the mix.

Although there are some alright TC posters itt, I really could care less about respect shown. TC is one of those servers that spam recruited. There’s no magical equation for how you guys got where you did… I hold CD/Ehmry/DB/YB in their current forms in a much higher regard than TC/FA/BG/JQ/Kain…

[SU]

in WvW

Ninein.4782

People making jokes in a videogame or explaining to a random new commander who decides to step into wvw for the first time what they could have done better don’t seem all that terrible to me. I don’t know what specifically you’re referring to, though.

A lot of people I rarely see in-game seem to have complaints about their own server. (Used to see you a lot Ninein, but it’s been quite a while).

“People making jokes” is like the polar opposite of reality. I have not seen these same trolls trying to explain anything. It’s either “bad commander you suck” or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing. Anyways I used to put way too much time into WvW and got to see these things so I’m airing dirty laundry in hopes that these clowns don’t end up running everyone out of WvW but you never know.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

“People making jokes” is like the polar opposite of reality. I have not seen these same trolls trying to explain anything. It’s either “bad commander you suck” or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing. Anyways I used to put way too much time into WvW and got to see these things so I’m airing dirty laundry in hopes that these clowns don’t end up running everyone out of WvW but you never know.

Maybe you should name names because I haven’t seen any /m or /t insulting new commanders.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

“People making jokes” is like the polar opposite of reality. I have not seen these same trolls trying to explain anything. It’s either “bad commander you suck” or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing.

I literally have not seen this bad commander you suck" or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing for weeks. On Saturday when a newly transferred commander tried to take the reigns, mumble was nothing but a teaching class and telling him and other people what they did wrong and why. No one said he sucked (which he did) or the people who made blatant mistakes (like queuing an upgrade for east when we don’t own camps, have no supply, and still have a large number of enemies on the map, ultimately, that mistake cost us the keep), but we corrected them and moved on.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I see most of the Mag forum warriors in WvW every single day. Some, all day long.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Ninein.4782

“People making jokes” is like the polar opposite of reality. I have not seen these same trolls trying to explain anything. It’s either “bad commander you suck” or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing.

I literally have not seen this bad commander you suck" or “get off our server you suck” kind of thing for weeks. On Saturday when a newly transferred commander tried to take the reigns, mumble was nothing but a teaching class and telling him and other people what they did wrong and why. No one said he sucked (which he did) or the people who made blatant mistakes (like queuing an upgrade for east when we don’t own camps, have no supply, and still have a large number of enemies on the map, ultimately, that mistake cost us the keep), but we corrected them and moved on.

Well I’m glad there are helpfull people on Maguuma still. But this wasn’t always the case when I played up until a week ago. Anyways, just wanted to point out other possible contributing factor to fewer people in WvW.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Well I’m glad there are helpfull people on Maguuma still. But this wasn’t always the case when I played up until a week ago. Anyways, just wanted to point out other possible contributing factor to fewer people in WvW.

I’ve always agreed with you that I don’t think people need to be so offensive, but the frequency at which you bring this up does not seem to me to be proportional to the size of this particular problem. Just a thought.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Doing Excellent Role Playing

I think you guys would like it better on TC

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Didn’t you know Mag is official RP server too?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

saiyr.3071

To be fair, we drag out the worst in every server

in WvW

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

I thought it’d be fun to come to tier 3 and play around in first for a while but this is not what I had in mind. There’s no longer any challenge in roaming when our 5-10 man group can take on 20+ :/

I reeeeally want BG, SoR, or Kaineng back in the mix. It’s really lame when the maps are solid green and the only way to get fights is to hang out near spawns.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Video or it didn’t happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I thought it’d be fun to come to tier 3 and play around in first for a while but this is not what I had in mind. There’s no longer any challenge in roaming when our 5-10 man group can take on 20+ :/

I reeeeally want BG, SoR, or Kaineng back in the mix. It’s really lame when the maps are solid green and the only way to get fights is to hang out near spawns.

It’s interesting to see you mention Kaineng right after complaining that you can win 5v20.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

That’s what happens when a server largely outnumbers the other two, like what happened with us in T4 last week. I haven’t seen any reasonably small TC groups (definitely haven’t seen a 5-10 man) on our borderlands when I’ve been playing and I’m sad I won’t see yours because I can’t play for the rest of the match. I’d love to see a 2-4:1 ratio fight won by you guys. The times I’ve been impressed by TC weren’t from winning uneven fights but doing some pretty good portal bombs and demolishing us. The best was when we were trying to retake our NW tower and I was scouting for TC from the garrison, then looked away for a bit, and then we all died. Oops.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

You guys act like you’ve never seen a server bust out the alts or get lazy during a blowout.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I feel like the only solo roamer out here! Where are you fellow lonewolfs? – if you see some pink engi with the FUZZ tag, feel free to say hi/kill me/dance on my corpse.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: casirons.2568

casirons.2568

Score por favor

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Here you go then.

Attachments:

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in WvW

casirons.2568

Thank you Ol’bean. Maguuna ma ta tas

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Bunzy carries OG, he has very strong carry pants

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Still? We didnt go anywhere. I find it highly unbelievable that that happened often or seriously. Maguuma has always been helpful to anyone in mumble making bad decisions and willing to improve. The difference is commanders that command via chat tend to not be open or receptive to criticism and that sparks flaming. Sure we may be overly aggressive at times, but it doesn’t mean the person recieving the lashing doesn’t deserve it.

However, I don’t believe its an epidemic to the point that we can attribute a significant loss to players to it.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I can without a doubt say I’ve only had one person attack me for a poor decision, and that was for not following his instruction. This is the Borderlands crowd though. I’ll be kitten if I’m going to command Eternal without more experience. people are volatile there.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

We miss you a lot TC, glad to see your doing well keep it up!

Blackgate~

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

casirons.2568

Any one else have the song Hakuna Matata stuck in their head but keep transposing the word Hakuna with Maguuna?

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Any one else have the song Hakuna Matata stuck in their head but keep transposing the word Hakuna with Maguuna?

There’s a player named Hackuuna Matata on Maguuma.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Fourth.5603

Fourth.5603

Go TC, best of luck

-Luuuurrrrvvvv BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

Good lord this weekend was amazing. Three of the most fun rushes I’ve ever participated in happened while being led by Commanders from [P!NK]. I even got 100% exploration in all Borderlands areas as well as EB.

TC’s Steamrolling is the morale booster we needed after the whipping we were served by Blackgate.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Uh,

The guy asked for any video at all of Mag wiping one of our opponents. That was accessible. I saw a TC group wiping in Mag BL last night. But I do not record myself and don’t know anyone who records bigger battles in WvW on my server.

Sorry, people saying “they’re training hard in T2” doesn’t impress anyone… T1 and T2 doesn’t hold some secret talent pool.. It’s brute force with some skilled players in the mix.

Although there are some alright TC posters itt, I really could care less about respect shown. TC is one of those servers that spam recruited. There’s no magical equation for how you guys got where you did… I hold CD/Ehmry/DB/YB in their current forms in a much higher regard than TC/FA/BG/JQ/Kain…

Huh i must have missed the huge influx of players we have gotten like the other servers have….oh wait….we don’t get the huge population swings like other servers do. What you are seeing now is all of the people who were burnt out coming back to try and get back into the mix and thrash two servers that they think are easier opponents. I wish i saw these same kind of numbers all the time in T2, would have probably made for better matches.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I’m enjoying this match up. I needed to complete my maps. Even though we are winning there has not been a change in how intense and enjoyable the fights are. I was particularly impressed by a player from Maguuma, in the guild [FASS] (IIRC). They were all alone defending Pang from our zerg and they put up a valiant effort using a well placed AC. Although it was over briefly, the fact that you stayed there was very immense.

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Uh,

Huh i must have missed the huge influx of players we have gotten like the other servers have….oh wait….we don’t get the huge population swings like other servers do. What you are seeing now is all of the people who were burnt out coming back to try and get back into the mix and thrash two servers that they think are easier opponents. I wish i saw these same kind of numbers all the time in T2, would have probably made for better matches.

You got transfers from CD.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Tarnished-Desert/first

And there were multiple threads on the forums TC had asking for transfers. Your server opened its arms out wide to attract numbers. It is what it is. If your people only cared to win Wv3 by volume of participants then TC has done well for itself when you are scaled back to T3. Not so well at higher tiers.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

It has nothing to do with video games though.

I’m sorry I’m confused, who felt that correcting a spelling mistake on the internet was a useful way to reply to a discussion about video games? Then for some reason it’s strange that I would reply to that…?

That’s pretty funny. I think it’s best I drop out of this.

Yes you should. To me from reading your post you seem to have some self doubt issues that a PvP Video game forum might not be the healthiest thing for. In each of your post you have told us how great you are at never die and how smart you are with multiple masters degrees. Well little secret for you no one cares about any of that. Hence why he was commenting on your mentioning your degrees. People on internet lie and make carp up. So could you be, and that is why most people don’t care.

Like me for example I am a self made millionaire male model 3 time Nobel Prize winner with 9in male member who is secretly dating Kate Upton. But people don’t care about that.

in WvW

Moddo.7105

This happened last time we fought Maguuma, even when we were on CD.

They pull the “lol we never die and pwn you guys so hard” card out. Then they talk about how bad we are.

And then when they actually go up against organized guild groups they all get dominated and promptly leave the BG while blaming numbers.

Guys, it’s getting a bit tired.

Yup, that’s what always happens. Please, tell me more. Because CD never did this! Oh no no no.

It is what always happens. When I first heard we were going up against Maguuma again, I told my guildies that we would be seeing the “we never die!” card being thrown out again. Sure enough, there it is.

Why don’t you guys stop trolling the forums and try playing the game for once, you might actually have fun.

Until then I am going to keep RP’ing. I like collecting badges while dressing up like a pretty pirate.

No way! Maguuma is in the same situation and you guessed that we would react the same way?! Please teach me, sensei! . It’s not hard to guess how forums warriors are gonna act, just as how we know how TC and CD acts. Nothing changes. If you’re tired of it, go have fun.

But the fact that you’ve been trolling as well kind of makes you seem like you should be practicing what you preach.

I love TC, I really do. But this.

If you find yourself writing a mini novella in response to something here .. hit cancel and go take your dog for a walk. In the history of the interwebs, nobody manages to convince anyone of anything they don’t already believe. Trying only makes both parties involved look silly.

I can also appreciate how my offbeat attempt at comedy as I ventured into this thread may have been misconstrued. We were so used to doing it as the underdogs in Tier 2, that it kind of became a fun and silly way to relieve some burn out and stress .. plus make some friends along the way.

While I don’t think we’ll ever hit the level of friendship we had in our recent T2 matchup thread, I am still hoping we can at least muster up a bit of respect for each other.

Um isn’t what you replied a mini novel.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Like me for example I am a self made millionaire male model 3 time Nobel Prize winner with 9in male member who is secretly dating Kate Upton. But people don’t care about that.

You’re going with 9in in this fantasy?
Would think you’d break double digits at least.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I don’t get why some members of TC care about forming respect between TC and Maguuma. At the end of the day we do not interact much if at all in game besides pew pewing back and forth, and talking on forums. Whether that be decent discourse or trash talk.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Just simple courtesy I guess. It’s quite common in real life. We do have a few exceptions here and there though.

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Sometimes it is courteous to adjust to your company.

I like some people from other servers. But with TC… it feels like you are forcing yourselves on us (Maggies) in an unnatural way.

Although I found Ehmry Bay to have some sorry louses on their server, they did gain my respect last week a bit. Not all of them, but there were particular instances I was impressed by them. Sometimes it takes time for formal relations to be struck up.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Turkey.3605

Turkey.3605

Two guilds: KH (about 30 dedicated WvW players) and LW (not sure their exact size, but they were definitely smaller than KH when we were all on CD. All the rest of the CD guilds went mostly to Kaineng and Blackgate I believe.

KH was recruited by TC to try and replace a couple of guilds that transferred off TC the week before.

Ludrig – Necromancer
[KH]

in WvW

Moddo.7105

So from Playing all the up and rising T1-2 servers in last couple of months one thing I am learning is that Transferring = skill in GW2. Most of the extreme populated transfered bandwagon servers talk about work and coordination communication improving and that is why they are steamrolling servers.

in WvW

Moddo.7105

You’re going with 9in in this fantasy?
Would think you’d break double digits at least.

Naw 10in or more and ladies get scared.

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Sometimes it is courteous to adjust to your company.

I like some people from other servers. But with TC… it feels like you are forcing yourselves on us (Maggies) in an unnatural way.

Although I found Ehmry Bay to have some sorry louses on their server, they did gain my respect last week a bit. Not all of them, but there were particular instances I was impressed by them. Sometimes it takes time for formal relations to be struck up.

Yea, I can see trying to establish a lil bit of respect between our server is unnatural for you guys. Don’t get me wrong I think my server is being too nice, but I think some of you guys are also trying a lil bit too hard projecting this tough guy persona that really wouldn’t matter in the internet.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Not many on Maguuma really record video, but here’s a pretty good one.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Lol, in Lenador’s defense, Evlana is my Necro’s name.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Nice cover.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Nice cover.

She speaks truth though, I was going to point it out myself

Dragonbrand