3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

Grats Joocheese!

Saphaire Everburn – FoE – Blackgate

Thanks!
Looking forward to getting back in the fight. I’m itching to kill me some BG! sorry, killed enough JQ to last me for a couple days. Miss killing BG since we were both in tier 2.

Before the trolls start coming out of their caves, all of this is in jest… it is both an honor and a pleasure to be fighting the two best servers in NA

Well your ppt is +75, so you should probably get in there eventually.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Grats Joocheese!

Thanks!
Looking forward to getting back in the fight. I’m itching to kill me some BG! sorry, killed enough JQ to last me for a couple days. Miss killing BG since we were both in tier 2.

Before the trolls start coming out of their caves, all of this is in jest… it is both an honor and a pleasure to be fighting the two best servers in NA

Most of us are still at work…

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Meaning it in that respect, I agree. Seeing as the comment was coming from a BG player, I was thinking you meant more of the “recruit more players noobs” as opposed to using numbers efficiently.

Apologies.

No worries, even if you profiled me =D

To expand my point however, recruiting more coverage is also a solution. You cant win with just a massive primetime population. You cant win with just an even timezone spread. You cant win with just skill. You need a balance of all 3.

Which is why I feel the scoreboard is a “good” indication of a servers place. This game type is a 24/7 territory grab. The servers with the better balance of the 3 categories I listed will be able to put more points up. This is how the game type is supposed to be played.

You dont waltz into a Capture the flag game, fore go capping to just camp kills, and then rag on the players posting numbers of flag caps. COF is based on flag caps, k/d is irrelevant unless its used to determine the efficiency of the cappers.

Thats the issue I have with certain SOR players. Its great your k/ds are so high, but k/d isn’t the measure of WvW success. Points are. I understand SOR is at the bottom of the T1 food chain in terms of coverage, we all realize this.

I truly don’t fault you for just going for kills. I fault you for telling the rest of us playing the game type as intended that points are irrelevent, and that k/d is the de facto success meter.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Grats Joocheese!

Thanks!

Most of us are still at work…

Work, gym, and family time = 3-5 more hours before I can even consider it.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Well, I haven’t seen any specific numbers with regards to all the monies raised for transfers, so here are the facts. I’m a very defensive person and I’ll probably get a lot of crap from my guild leader about saying anything, as we usually try to stay off the forum drama, but I just can’t help it.

So, all of the NA guilds that transferred here have paid for themselves. The Oceanics, needed a little help. All of the WvW players, that are part of the BG War Council, which is pretty much the vast majority of us, donated some gold freely of their own accord. What we have raised and spent is enough to transfer @20-25 people over, give or take depending on that days gem price. If you look at a guild the size of MERC, for example, which i think has about 400-500 members, that is helping @5% of them transfer.

That’s it.

That’s all.

Even the guilds that needed help farmed their kitten off to help out their own guld mates. There has not been thousands of gold spent/bought/gifts/bribes. This has all been done out of the spirit of generosity to help some of the poorer members out so they could be with their fellow guildies.

KnT, Blackgate

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

I fault you for telling the rest of us playing the game type as intended that points are irrelevent, and that k/d is the de facto success meter.

Who said that you are playing wrong?

If you are referring to me, you are grossly off base with this comment. Saying that ‘I’ play for different reasons is not the same thing as ‘you are playing wrong’. Saying that ‘I’ think the game design is flawed, is not saying that you are wrong for playing that way.

Who also said that k/d is the de facto success meter? Wouldn’t winning fights be a better success measure than k/d ? I would rather die 10x and win a fight than die 0 times and lose.

If that wasn’t aimed towards me, who was it aimed at?

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

covenn.7165

Well, I haven’t seen any specific numbers with regards to all the monies raised for transfers. I’m a very defensive person and I’ll probably get a lot of crap from my guild leader about saying anything, as we usually try to stay off the forum drama, but I just can’t help it.

So, all of the NA guilds that transferred here have paid for themselves. The Oceanics, needed a little help. All of the WvW players donated some gold freely of their own accord. What we have raised and spent is enough to transfer @40 people over, give or take depending on that days gem price. If you look at a guild the size of MERC, for example, which i think has about 400-500 members, that is helping 10% or less of them transfer.

That’s it.

That’s all.

Even the guilds that needed help farmed their kitten off to help out their own guld mates. There has not been thousands of gold spent/bought/gifts/bribes. This has all been done out of the spirit of generosity to help some of the poorer members out so they could be with their fellow guildies.

KnT, Blackgate

Helping someone is not the same as bribing them. I think we can all agree on that.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Well, I haven’t seen any specific numbers with regards to all the monies raised for transfers. I’m a very defensive person and I’ll probably get a lot of crap from my guild leader about saying anything, as we usually try to stay off the forum drama, but I just can’t help it.

So, all of the NA guilds that transferred here have paid for themselves. The Oceanics, needed a little help. All of the WvW players donated some gold freely of their own accord. What we have raised and spent is enough to transfer @40 people over, give or take depending on that days gem price. If you look at a guild the size of MERC, for example, which i think has about 400-500 members, that is helping 10% or less of them transfer.

That’s it.

That’s all.

KnT, Blackgate

In all honesty, and this is coming from you opposition, this is a respectable way to handle transfers. They come on their own accord, and you help out the guys who are struggling to pay their own way over.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Well Done BG, Showing the coverage during weekdays that you struggled with before, Definetly T1 material now, i just feel sorry for SoR :P Hope you guys get some more guilds to make this Match-up even more interesting than it already is

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Great speech, way to put SoR’s philosophy to words.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Mauri.1496

Mauri.1496

I had no idea OCX was on their way over. They truly are a solid guild and will fit right in here on SoR. From all of us in [Choo], let me welcome you. It will be a privilege to fight along side of you.

As for the rest of this forum, I am rather disappointed at all the hate.

Overall, there are some great guilds on all three servers and I have had a blast fighting against them and along side of them. We are all in T1 for a reason. We all want the good fights and look forward to what WvW has for us at this level. Instead of the negativity, let’s make the most out of the fun we can all have out there.

While SoR may not have the extensive coverage of BG or JQ, we do what we can when we can. What we lack in numbers, we make up for in skill and try our best to pull out the PPT when have the presence to do so.

Either way, I give both JQ and BG mad props for rocking it out with some of the best guilds in the game. I could care less how either of them acquired those guilds, I merely care about how well they bring it when we meet head on in the open field.

I for one have really enjoyed having BG back in T1. Stacked or not, they fight hard and that’s what I look forward to most in WvW.

See you on the battlefield.

Mauri
Despicable [ME]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Let’s put an end to this non sense. It will take a while but it’s possible for a player to make in game gold to transfer to another server. Transferring guilds over short notice it is a complete different story because somebody needs to cover aside of guild upgrades alot of people that are not even ready.

Again, cuz you misread my last post:

It takes a day, maybe a day and a half of farming to get the gold required to transfer, that is under the assumption they didn’t already have a fund in their own guild bank or money in their personal banks. Thirty gold is easily accomplished on max two days notice for a mass guild transfer. Hell I have almost that just sitting in buy orders or my bank, I’d have the rest in about 2 hours.

All of our Tier 1 WvW guilds organize raid tactics in the ever changing complicated meta that is WvW. You think they aren’t organized enough they can’t get mass CoF runs going within their guild for a day or so to make enough money to come over?

Its not a conspiracy, people had or made enough gold to come over themselves in the vast majority of the cases. Irony’s link explains the minority.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Never thought I would see a server with better coverage and more numbers than I saw JQ with when we hit T1. But kitten BG…

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

BTW, I just finished editing my post earlier. I made a mistake in my math. To anyone who has read or quoted me, the numbers are actually half of what I stated before editing. Please keep this in mind if you are quoting someone who has already quoted my unedited post. If possible, please don’t quote someone who has already quoted my post with the incorrect information. Thank you.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Never thought I would see a server with better coverage and more numbers than I saw JQ with when we hit T1. But kitten BG…

Very true. BG will be the new top server for quite some time now with the coverage they just got from SoS.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Very true. BG will be the new top server for quite some time now with the coverage they just purchased from SoS.

No love for SoR :’c

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

Yeah! Kitten those kitten BG kittens.

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zidane.5297

Zidane.5297

I just logged out just now and we had 440ppt to JQ’s 195 and up by almost 10k. Hopefully, we can keep this up.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Very true. BG will be the new top server for quite some time now with the coverage they just got from SoS.

I think it would be a good idea to take a step back and not draw any specific conclusions yet. We’re not even 3 full days through this match yet, and only one week day. JQ was mopping BG up pretty good on Sunday, and BG returned the favor today (only talking about the scoreboard here btw). I personally think there will continue to be a lot of back and forth in PPT throughout the week.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Its been a cool week. Unfortunately I can’t play much WvW atm because I’m broke and have to farm some PvE I feel I should put in more effort, but meh, I’ll play the tortoise, you can be there hare.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Willywho.9460

Willywho.9460

Did somebody say Kitten?

http://i.imgur.com/DdQijDh.jpg

I Decoy I
Blackgate Original

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: WoDan.4079

WoDan.4079

Did somebody say Kitten?

http://i.imgur.com/DdQijDh.jpg

I’m pretty sure those are TC kittens…

Here’s a pic of the bad boys of BG with our fav TC girl Jayne:

Attachments:

Dread Rogue / Native Blackgate’ian

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Please to post score for us poor kittens stuck at work.

Attachments:

-KNT- BG

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Willywho.9460

Willywho.9460

I’m stuck at work and unable to play as well…. please feed us updates.

Attachments:

I Decoy I
Blackgate Original

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Here ya go….

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Please to post score for us poor kittens stuck at work.

Feeding the kittens

Attachments:

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

I think it would be a good idea to take a step back and not draw any specific conclusions yet. We’re not even 3 full days through this match yet, and only one week day. JQ was mopping BG up pretty good on Sunday, and BG returned the favor today (only talking about the scoreboard here btw). I personally think there will continue to be a lot of back and forth in PPT throughout the week.

I think you can draw a few conclusions from what we’re seeing on the scoreboard. To begin with, JQ has no major EU guild coverage. Hence, it’s reasonably safe to presume that BG will continue to post 300-400 ppt during the weekdays and remain dominant during that time.

Similarly, expect to see Merc posting screenshots of 400-500+ ppt during oceanic primetime, because neither JQ nor SoR have enough players during those hours. In any case, I’m sure both JQ and SoR will continue to fight hard despite those coverage gaps.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

I’m sure both JQ and SoR will continue to fight hard despite those coverage gaps.

JQ and SOR always fight even when losing. Same of the core BG guilds.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: papascoobs.7239

papascoobs.7239

One of the things SOR hasn’t understood about BG and to some extent may not, is that this server has run the gamut of some of the toughest opponents in the entire NA matchup. We’ve gone head to head with TSYM at their peak, weathered the fury of Warmachine, faced the zombie-like hordes of early JQ and many others. We been tag teamed, blown up, sent back down to T2 and punched our way back up ‘the very hard way’ to T1 time and time again.

Anything we can’t beat, we’ll sure as hell try to outplay you and we will never stop coming at you until we have won.
Meaning, sometimes we have “BAD FIGHTS”
Sometimes like yesterday when I am looking at a map with maybe 1 or 0 assets, log on with 16 guildies, with 4 friends from other guilds in the voip, manage to scrounge up another 18-20 from another guild and we’ll set out to put points on the board.
The enemy, two servers running big zergs of 40 or 50+, in our past we’ve also looked down the barrel 70+ ones that mean your skills don’t fire off, lagged to heck and have commodore 64 era frame rates.
You think to yourself, this isn’t going to be easy, I’m probably going out to take a hit.

Do I log off? Go somewhere else where its easy?
No, this is Blackgate. You joined this server because you will fight even if its those horrible, bad fights where you don’t get a choice of where to play, who you play, or on the often distinct possibility of a dirt nap more than the enemy does. But you will do it because of combat discipline and respect of those you play with to help them out.
You will man that siege until you are dead
You will pull that crappy guard duty to watch for golem rushes and enemy feints
You will proc-swords in order to pull the enemy out of position and die in the process
You will scout zergs and tag gates alone so the enemy cannot port or be near your comrades

Blackgate, the server with an iron jaw that never stops regardless of how hard someone hits you personally because you’re a part of that play that means your server will win and know that it has always aimed for 1st.
Give us even so much of an inch and we’ll take your eff….g head off!

Like most of my guild, I’ve been here from pre-launch, hour-1 on this server, know that we will never stop, never transferred off and never shied away from anything because its ‘too hard’ or ‘might be a bad fight’. Unlike most, I was one of the first oceanics so I’ve seen stuff that’s not possible to win, but did it anyway because someone had to.

When I did log on with that one tower, it was 90% Red when I logged out 9hrs later.
If anyone cares, I will kill 22 of you, for every time you kill me.

Blackgate forever.

Commodore 64? Man Pinot you just dated yourself you old fart.

Papascoobs 80 Necro HB
Your friendly WvW plague and pestilence distributer

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Thanks for the score updates guys

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Pretty solid fights this weekend on SoR BL. I believe running against HB with similar numbers when it was just our two teams squared up was pretty fun, haven’t gone back n forth like that properly against a team in quite some time. On equal footing you guys give me the most troubles ::tips hat::

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

-cheers- wtg Blackgate! Apologies for poking into T1 thread! Us TC’ers miss you guys. <3 =(

~Arabella

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Pretty solid fights this weekend on SoR BL. I believe running against HB with similar numbers when it was just our two teams squared up was pretty fun, haven’t gone back n forth like that properly against a team in quite some time. On equal footing you guys give me the most troubles ::tips hat::

JQ since 1836? Does that mean you were working in the quarry? :P

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

-cheers- wtg Blackgate! Apologies for poking into T1 thread! Us TC’ers miss you guys. <3 =(

Nah we love TC!

We will trade you Jayne for Renny.

Or I’ll lead a strike team into TC to extract Jayne.

JAAAYNE!

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It seems entirely plausible that entire guilds could’ve been paid for with nothing more than in-game gold.

There’s no way to quantify that, and unlikely that everyone used only ingame gold. However, ANet is the one with the only real answer.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

It actually started as Jed Quarry, this whole Jade thing kicked off because of this chick named Jade. See, it’s a long story, we had “relations,” then marriage, then divorce… In the divorce she got entitled to pretty much everything and I’m still stuck paying alimony. Like the child support wasn’t bad enough… To make a long story longer, she took the name of Jed Quarry Industries and renamed it to Jade Quarry… just to spite me. So…to answer your question, I was the once proud owner and sole proprietor of the quarry back in the day.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nuked.2360

It actually started as Jed Quarry, this whole Jade thing kicked off because of this chick named Jade. See, it’s a long story, we had “relations,” then marriage, then divorce… In the divorce she got entitled to pretty much everything and I’m still stuck paying alimony. Like the child support wasn’t bad enough… To make a long story longer, she took the name of Jed Quarry Industries and renamed it to Jade Quarry… just to spite me. So…to answer your question, I was the once proud owner and sole proprietor of the quarry back in the day.

So what you’re saying is you were once rich and someone stole it from you! Got it :P

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

So what you’re saying is you were once rich and someone stole it from you! Got it :P

Truth

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I think you can draw a few conclusions from what we’re seeing on the scoreboard. To begin with, JQ has no major EU guild coverage. Hence, it’s reasonably safe to presume that BG will continue to post 300-400 ppt during the weekdays and remain dominant during that time.

I am actually a bit curious about JQ’s euro coverage. Last time BG was in T1, you guys gave us a really hard time during EU time and often got 400+ PPT in late EU time. Nothing has really changed to BG’s EU coverage and yet the result on Monday is quite different. Do you guys know why?

Blackgate Engineer

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

We lost a ton of guilds and need to start recruiting again.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

I am actually a bit curious about JQ’s euro coverage. Last time BG was in T1, you guys gave us a really hard time during EU time and often got 400+ PPT in late EU time. Nothing has really changed to BG’s EU coverage and yet the result on Monday is quite different. Do you guys know why?

My guess is they just had a quiet one. People need to take a break some times.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

So, all of the NA guilds that transferred here have paid for themselves. The Oceanics, needed a little help. All of the WvW players donated some gold freely of their own accord. What we have raised and spent is enough to transfer @20-25 people over, give or take depending on that days gem price. If you look at a guild the size of MERC, for example, which i think has about 400-500 members, that is helping @5% of them transfer.

That’s it.

That’s all.

KnT, Blackgate

Only active members in a guild would transfer. I’m pretty sure merc didn’t have anywhere close to 500 people who transferred. I’d be surprised if that number was over 100.

But in any case, trying to frame this in a certain way means that certain people do think it’s in poor taste, otherwise it wouldn’t be an issue. My opinion. Be a man, if you think you did the right thing don’t apologize for it or try to justify it. Doing that just shows the weakness of your position.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

cute sbi rejects cant even win on their rivals server , didnt even get to 5 wins in a row , got some dem legends right there i tell you what

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We lost a ton of guilds and need to start recruiting again.

LOL! Quick someone tell Rawnoodles to fire up the machine again!

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: VerdantSF.1507

VerdantSF.1507

We miss you, too! The multiweek thread with you all was awesome. Commander Gary Busey pole dancing… lol!

Mitchcraft the Mesmer
Get of Fenris [GoF] on Blackgate

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Nuked.2360

Complacency is all that happened a lot expected people who do the night shift to carry us its not happening and they are realizing that.

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

presume that BG will continue to post 300-400 ppt during the weekdays and remain dominant during that time.

You’ll have your answer soon enough.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I have a feeling there was a big reroll before xfers became paid and the reason we have a harder time in T2 then we are in t1. We should all watch the lower tiers to see who will be replacing JQQ. I mean even on the weekend kenaing had at least a 20k lead each week until mon.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Oh the tension. How exciting :p

3/1 - JQ/SoR/BG

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Blackgate never bought guilds, It simply helped with the costs of a few guilds that decided on their own that Blackgate is where they wanted to go.

lol,

You really are trying to spin that? C’mon, just man up and admit it. Until Anet make it a rule against these kind of recruitment, it’s fair game. To say there’s no communication between those SoS guilds that transferred to BG without the mention of any form of “assist” is just being naive or deceitful.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer