3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

We, Cute Little Carebears, had a really nice evening in EB.

Thank you all for your zerging attempts (+ siege sometimes) on our (very) small group. That means a lot for us <3
See you tomorrow

VoxL, NSPPT

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

I wish more NSP were like you. I’m so tired of forum arguments.

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Wish our matchup was as close as this, not very fun knowing theres no chance of winning.
BTW, be careful HoD, SF is slowly creeping up to take over.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: atomicjellybean.5389

atomicjellybean.5389

Wish our matchup was as close as this, not very fun knowing theres no chance of winning.

Lol we get double teamed 80% of the time, why wouldn’t they be sneaking up?

Owner of PHAZE {PHZE}
Commander Atomicjellybean
Henge of Denravi

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Don’t count HoD out. They’ve more than proven themselves as quality opponents in this tier. This week was probably SF’s last chance to break out before the ratings net will snag them and start dragging them down again, but HoD came to play and put an end to any chance of that happening.

Hopefully, ANet can figure out how to fix the T8 trap. There’s already been tons of good suggestions posted (my vote is for the ratings ceiling/floor). But until then, you guys will be stuck with SF for a while. T7 ain’t budging.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Not to be the one to get all sappy but this week has been awesome so far, so close for all teams and even now it could go any way. Would be nice if every match up was like this.

Some great fights tonight guys.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

(edited by Sororita.3465)

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Then again if we go to T8 I can get the POI’s and vistas in Green BL … I’m sure all of HOD will find that reward enough!

I really wish ANet would share the statistics on how many people login to wvw in each world at various times.

Mind you, when you get the out manned buff in your own BL you have a pretty good idea that right now it’s not a good time to chase that suspiciously alone engineer … It’s an NSP trap!

HOD since beta

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Dairius Stillgard.1953

Dairius Stillgard.1953

What a great night had a blast in our borderlands got a couple of screens when NSP tried to ninja our garrison
http://imageshack.us/a/img594/6020/gw119.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/2544/gw118bt.jpg

Commander Kaargoth Soulbrand/LvL 80 Ranger GoM
Harbingerrs Of Tyria guild leader

(edited by Dairius Stillgard.1953)

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

Oh… how I miss NSP… I hope you guys are having fun miss you XoXo

D’awwwwwww <3<3<3… lol seems our move down demoralized us more than anticipated… just doesn’t feel as active now that we are in t7 …. btw HoD best part about yesterday was holding briar with 8 people vs your zerg on your bl around 5pm edt

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

I not much for posting on the forums nor do I go out of my way to fight Mesmers……But..
Last night I come out of the south gate of GoM Hills (around 8:30ish EST) and with the help of a few other push off some defenders. (nothing special) I go back up the steps and stop at the top turn around to see a Mesmer on my side of the bridge. I think if only he comes up here I have the NPC’s to help me deal with all the clones but he bow’s instead. Then its O’ crap this guy wants to duel. So knowing I don’t fair well against a Mesmer I excepted.
Here’s what I learned. I am still not good at fighting Mesmer’s. The guy I fought is a class act.
Hats off to you Sir,
Oxnar

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

(edited by Wayne.9714)

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

This has been such a fun week. It’s strange, but I’m actually happy that HoD got out of its slump. The match is so much more interesting now.

(P.S. Did ARM really neutralize the NSP forum warriors? Apparently ARM is OP after-all.)

(Edit: Apparently “Match-up | is | so” is censored…)

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Sororita.3465

ARM works in mysterious ways.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

JKFlipFlop.7123

ARM is life, ARM is love.

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

My pictures from last night in GoM BL.

1. Rez, fight, rez, fight, … but something is wrong, where is NSP?
2. Here they are trying to redecorate our garrison. Suppose Arenanet will add a “Commander Slayer” achievement in the next patch?

Attachments:

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Sororita.3465

score update ><><><><><><

Attachments:

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

score update ><><><><><><

Thankya kindly.

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

new score update..

go gom

Attachments:

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

I sense a lot of PvD going on

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

But that door attacked me!! It wasn’t my fault!! He had it comin!

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

But that door attacked me!! It wasn’t my fault!! He had it comin!

Really, no one even hit the door. It just walked into a different door.

Gate of Madness

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Nooooooo! I should have bought stock in some door repair/replace companies with all the doors that are getting smashed all the time. I could have bought all the legendaries by now…for all my characters.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Its impossible for any of you people we know don’t run small mans to run anything less than 10. PERIOD. You guys cant win without that many.

Psh, says the guy whos guild attack a lvl 8 and a lvl 12 with 4 lvl 80s >.>

THATS LIFE! thats what all the people say!

BTW To the PB thief that killed me in GoM Ruins, good job man.

My point is that it is so inconceivable that of all the hundreds of people that pvp every night, NONE of you are willing to challenge yourselves and your character’s makeups. Because you know without “backup (being 10 or more)” you probably won’t be successful. Just impossible to wrap my brain around there not being anyone comfortable with the few people around them rather than a big group.

PAXA -GM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

ASH…do you guys ever kittening sleep?

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

JKFlipFlop.7123

That is an extreme generalization. There are prob plenty of small groups out there that run in WvW. Not everyone uses the forums.

Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

My point is that it is so inconceivable that of all the hundreds of people that pvp every night, NONE of you are willing to challenge yourselves and your character’s makeups. Because you know without “backup (being 10 or more)” you probably won’t be successful. Just impossible to wrap my brain around there not being anyone comfortable with the few people around them rather than a big group.

Most players don’t see any point to limiting their game play to the arbitrary encounter size you’ve selected as being the only one worth fighting.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Jscull.2514

If it was an extreme generalization think we’d complain about it on the forums? Why would I bring up not fighting players of quality under group sizes of 10 if it happened often? Believe me I wish we had known groups to fight every night. Same thing as Ar and BP, all just ran in 10+ and when they didn’t they lost usually… There’s the answer. There are not competitive people willing to rely on the play of only a few others to beat people of their caliber or better. That is simply a fact otherwise people would do it more.

PAXA -GM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Most players don’t see any point to limiting their game play to the arbitrary encounter size you’ve selected as being the only one worth fighting.

And arbitrary encounter size? Anet made the group size that big physically how is that arbitrary?

PAXA -GM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

If it was an extreme generalization think we’d complain about it on the forums? Why would I bring up not fighting players of quality under group sizes of 10 if it happened often? Believe me I wish we had known groups to fight every night. Same thing as Ar and BP, all just ran in 10+ and when they didn’t they lost usually… There’s the answer. There are not competitive people willing to rely on the play of only a few others to beat people of their caliber or better. That is simply a fact otherwise people would do it more.

Did PAXA really abandon NSP? If so, please change your signature, sir:

Dylic – Ranger, GM of PAXA (NSP)
Brinlic – Warrior

Should really read, Ranger, GM of PAXA (HoD)

How could you leave our glorious NSP server? What about all the free cookies? The Skritt back rubs? The endless supply of Charr fondu? The complementary Asura dance lessons? Remember that crazy Krait forth of July party with all the drunk Hylek knocking over the norn ice sculptures? How could you turn your back on all that? Man… some people are never satisfied.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Nausicca.6038

Well thank you.
We’re here to have fun. We know that we will encounter groups way larger than ours ( we’re 2, and on very rare occasions 3) and expect to die a lot. Our goal is to survive and have memorable fights ( well, my real goal is to shout stars and hearts with my future Immobulus but shhh).
But I have to admit that sometimes, getting focused by siege weapons while we’re already outnumbered is quite upseting. This is the reason why we are avoiding all the big structures in WvW, and siege as well. And zergs. Because zerging is boring

VoxL, NSPPT

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

And arbitrary encounter size? Anet made the group size that big physically how is that arbitrary?

And why should party size dictate the size of WvW battles?

The 5man party was designed for PvE instances… WvW has squads for a reason.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Its impossible for any of you people we know don’t run small mans to run anything less than 10. PERIOD. You guys cant win without that many.

You find it inconceivable that in a casual mmo people don’t get together more often on a schedule with a small group to get better at small scale combat vice Zerging since its the prevalent tactics to take and hold positions as the game type was meant to be? You find it inconceivable that people in a MMO likes to play with a large number of other people? Do you guys also go to gay bars and try to pick up straight chicks for the challenge and find it inconceivable that you were unsuccessful too?

Do what you want in your guild but don’t expect everyone to follow, cause your playstyle is a extreme minority. You play for the small moments when you and your groups do beat other larger groups and your kittens grows enormously. Before you go off and tell us how we can’t ever beat you with a small group of same size and can only do it with 10+ people. Well might be right, but we’ll never know, you never accept fair setup fights and when we run around with 10+ we gasp this might come as a shock to you, but we weren’t out looking for you, we were you know doing WvW.

[DONE]

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

Well thank you.
We’re here to have fun. We know that we will encounter groups way larger than ours ( we’re 2, and on very rare occasions 3) and expect to die a lot. Our goal is to survive and have memorable fights ( well, my real goal is to shout stars and hearts with my future Immobulus but shhh).
But I have to admit that sometimes, getting focused by siege weapons while we’re already outnumbered is quite upseting. This is the reason why we are avoiding all the big structures in WvW, and siege as well. And zergs. Because zerging is boring

i agree with you as well.. i just want memorable fights too.. whether 1 v 1.. 2 v 2.. so on so forth.. even outnumbered my goal is the same to survive or see what i can do and die.. i die alot too.. but i have fun nonetheless.

and zerging can actually be fun in limited quantities.

Let’s ask tootsie.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Jscull.2514

You find it inconceivable that in a casual mmo people don’t get together more often on a schedule with a small group to get better at small scale combat vice Zerging since its the prevalent tactics to take and hold positions as the game type was meant to be? You find it inconceivable that people in a MMO likes to play with a large number of other people? Do you guys also go to gay bars and try to pick up straight chicks for the challenge and find it inconceivable that you were unsuccessful too?

Do what you want in your guild but don’t expect everyone to follow, cause your playstyle is a extreme minority. You play for the small moments when you and your groups do beat other larger groups and your kittens grows enormously. Before you go off and tell us how we can’t ever beat you with a small group of same size and can only do it with 10+ people. Well might be right, but we’ll never know, you never accept fair setup fights and when we run around with 10+ we gasp this might come as a shock to you, but we weren’t out looking for you, we were you know doing WvW.

Lol [Os] you’re funny. It’s mind blowing in the past 3 months with the AR /BP matchup an now this one where we even switched servers to fight a more pvp focused server…. We hve come across maybe 5 groups that were dedicated to competing with a small pool of player talents to push their characters limits in wvw. Maybe 5!!! That’s mind blowing with there being hundreds of players a night. Comfort blankets… You all run in comfort blankets “casual mmo for casual pvpers” lol.

Don’t talk much about e—-peeeens when you have members that post screen shots of keep takes and scoreboards and brag. Kill 3 people with 10 or more… And brag. Try killing 20 with 5-6, then you’ll have some merit. Till then…… “I need a scoreboard update please!!”

PAXA -GM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Nausicca.6038

True. Sometimes, you just can’t avoid it. When several random groups meet and fight agains’t another giant group, it’s kind of fun and refreshing. But running from point A to point B with the same 20-30 people every evening isn’t really what we’re calling “fun”.
Also, I can understand people who zerg. I remember when I was more of a pve player, I was scared by pvp. For real.
I had to try it again and again and play with dedicated and patient pvpers to start enjoying it. Now I love it, but I know how people can feel when it comes to fight someone else.

Actualy, we can find every kind of fights in EB with this matchup. And it’s amazing. We are really enjoying it so far. A lot more than in T6 to be honest.

VoxL, NSPPT

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

True. Sometimes, you just can’t avoid it. When several random groups meet and fight agains’t another giant group, it’s kind of fun and refreshing. But running from point A to point B with the same 20-30 people every evening isn’t really what we’re calling “fun”.
Also, I can understand people who zerg. I remember when I was more of a pve player, I was scared by pvp. For real.
I had to try it again and again and play with dedicated and patient pvpers to start enjoying it. Now I love it, but I know how people can feel when it comes to fight someone else.

Actualy, we can find every kind of fights in EB with this matchup. And it’s amazing. We are really enjoying it so far. A lot more than in T6 to be honest.

cool.. me too and im glad we are not disappointing ya.. and yeah , after awhile i have to break off of the zerg to solo roam a bit or find a 2 or 3 man group.

Let’s ask tootsie.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: moutzaheadin.4029

moutzaheadin.4029

Dear HoD commander,

Whatcha doing on that wall ?

Gate closed , walls up. U got fly skillz ?

Attachments:

NSP | Obsessïon | XOXO

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

First off I said it’s a casual game, not a casual PvP game. The game has multiple aspect to it WvW being one of them. WvW is not even open world PvP, nothing even close. Just a large battle ground with larger player limits and a much longer timer.

You and very few others try to play it your way, by making a gank squad. And by all means its great for you, and occasionally I also “roam” but that isn’t the play style that wins the battle. You specialize in small group tactics and bash on large group play and even solo play. You can try and say you do it for the challenge if you want, but at the end of the day you still prey on unexpecting groups for the win pushing no limit to your character. Beating out others who’s mindset is to get to a objective to support the vast majority while yours is to hunt and kill doesn’t make you skillful just as a build for solo play beating out a build for Zerg play.

Beef between Os and PAXA? I don’t really care to each his own as paid said. Just like you don’t like our members complaining about you guys ruining our fight club, the vast majority of the players don’t really want to hear about you kittening abot their Zerg fights.

Sorry not many people enjoy your idea of what skillful play is. But try and wrap your mind around this, most people join medium to large WvW guild to WvW in medium to large sizes. People who join over guilds do it so they can pve. And guess what kind of guilds people who wants to spvp join?

This is how GW2 is, sorry it took you months to figure it out, let me know when you guys find that perfect game for your style, but this one is definitely not it.

[DONE]

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Jscull.2514

First off I said it’s a casual game, not a casual PvP game. The game has multiple aspect to it WvW being one of them. WvW is not even open world PvP, nothing even close. Just a large battle ground with larger player limits and a much longer timer.

You and very few others try to play it your way, by making a gank squad. And by all means its great for you, and occasionally I also “roam” but that isn’t the play style that wins the battle. You specialize in small group tactics and bash on large group play and even solo play. You can try and say you do it for the challenge if you want, but at the end of the day you still prey on unexpecting groups for the win pushing no limit to your character. Beating out others who’s mindset is to get to a objective to support the vast majority while yours is to hunt and kill doesn’t make you skillful just as a build for solo play beating out a build for Zerg play.

Beef between Os and PAXA? I don’t really care to each his own as paid said. Just like you don’t like our members complaining about you guys ruining our fight club, the vast majority of the players don’t really want to hear about you kittening abot their Zerg fights.

Sorry not many people enjoy your idea of what skillful play is. But try and wrap your mind around this, most people join medium to large WvW guild to WvW in medium to large sizes. People who join over guilds do it so they can pve. And guess what kind of guilds people who wants to spvp join?

This is how GW2 is, sorry it took you months to figure it out, let me know when you guys find that perfect game for your style, but this one is definitely not it.

We go after the groups of 10+ A because there is no one else to fight, and B because the fact that 98% of the people’s mindsets today in pvp mmo’s is to capture an impossibly easy keep door and tower mobs. We go after them because it couldn’t be more backwards from what PVP means. Don’t call it World vs World, call it capture points R us. The fact that it is satisfying to you guys just makes us want to smoke you even more. Enjoy your keep wood.

PAXA -GM

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

@PAXA

I’ve been debating about posting this, but I think it is time.

You are playing a different game than we are. Your goal is kills. Our goal is points. It is as simple as that. We generally call people who play for points, WvW players. We generally call people who play for kills, PvP players.

In WvW, everything is about resource efficiency and time management. A good WvW player intentionally avoids fights, if they are a time-suck away from something more important. A good WvW player spends a lot of time not fighting and instead scouting, building siege, repairing, and coordinating. A good WvW player will even build his character differently, so as to be useful to the big picture, which might mean sacrificing killing power for swiftness or escape abilities.

When WvW players encounter PvP players, they see them as a roadblock, just like walls on a castle or defensive siege. A good WvW player will find the most time and resource efficient way around that roadblock. In this case, overwhelm the PvP players with numbers. It only take a minute or two to do, and the road block is cleared without tying up a lot of resourses or making people run back from spawn from losing to a “fair fight.”

The truth of it is, we don’t care how good you are at killing people. We care about points, and you are no threat there. You are an inconvenience, which is easily countered with superior numbers or running away.

If we WvW players looked at you PvP players and said “We are better than you because we contribute to the server point total,” we would be wrong. You are not playing the same game as us, and that is comparing apples to oranges. You are good at what you intend to do, it is just not the same goal that we have.

Likewise, the opposite is also true. PvP players should not say to WvW players “We are better than you because we win even fights.” That is missing the point. WvW players are not trying to be the best at player killing, we have a different goal. It is entirely possible to be a GREAT WvW player, and lose every 1v1 battle you face. Because WvW is not team deathmatch. Sometimes the best WvW tactic is to intentionally die over and over again just to keep the enemy busy. (In fact, we have done that to you before, sent one or two “sacrifices” to draw you away while we do our work.)

So PAXA, keep that in mind. You do not earn bragging rights when you kill a group of WvW players. We do not earn bragging rights when we steamroll you with numbers. The only way to earn bragging rights is to play the same game, which we are not.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

^^^ THIS. My Engineer is configured wonderfully to pepper the walls with grenades or shower them on enemies trying to take my tower, but dies horribly when caught alone. It’s also great while zerging, steam rolling enemies with AoE.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

@PAXA

I’ve been debating about posting this, but I think it is time.

You are playing a different game than we are. Your goal is kills. Our goal is points. It is as simple as that. We generally call people who play for points, WvW players. We generally call people who play for kills, PvP players.

In WvW, everything is about resource efficiency and time management. A good WvW player intentionally avoids fights, if they are a time-suck away from something more important. A good WvW player spends a lot of time not fighting and instead scouting, building siege, repairing, and coordinating. A good WvW player will even build his character differently, so as to be useful to the big picture, which might mean sacrificing killing power for swiftness or escape abilities.

When WvW players encounter PvP players, they see them as a roadblock, just like walls on a castle or defensive siege. A good WvW player will find the most time and resource efficient way around that roadblock. In this case, overwhelm the PvP players with numbers. It only take a minute or two to do, and the road block is cleared without tying up a lot of resourses or making people run back from spawn from losing to a “fair fight.”

The truth of it is, we don’t care how good you are at killing people. We care about points, and you are no threat there. You are an inconvenience, which is easily countered with superior numbers or running away.

If we WvW players looked at you PvP players and said “We are better than you because we contribute to the server point total,” we would be wrong. You are not playing the same game as us, and that is comparing apples to oranges. You are good at what you intend to do, it is just not the same goal that we have.

Likewise, the opposite is also true. PvP players should not say to WvW players “We are better than you because we win even fights.” That is missing the point. WvW players are not trying to be the best at player killing, we have a different goal. It is entirely possible to be a GREAT WvW player, and lose every 1v1 battle you face. Because WvW is not team deathmatch. Sometimes the best WvW tactic is to intentionally die over and over again just to keep the enemy busy. (In fact, we have done that to you before, sent one or two “sacrifices” to draw you away while we do our work.)

So PAXA, keep that in mind. You do not earn bragging rights when you kill a group of WvW players. We do not earn bragging rights when we steamroll you with numbers. The only way to earn bragging rights is to play the same game, which we are not.

Well Said.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

@PAXA

You are playing a different game than we are. Your goal is kills. Our goal is points. It is as simple as that.

It’s not even just that since they have equal scorn for players who try to duel, players who set-up battles, fight clubs, etc..

all styles of play that are kill focused but that still don’t meet their requirements for being “valid” game play.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: greyblue.4962

greyblue.4962

A good WvW player will find the most time and resource efficient way around that roadblock. In this case, overwhelm the PvP players with numbers. It only take a minute or two to do, and the road block is cleared without tying up a lot of resourses or making people run back from spawn from losing to a “fair fight.”

I’m sure saying this makes you feel good, but from having run with the PAXA folks for an evening a few days back, my experience was that it went more like this:
1. PAXA 5 man takes a camp
2. 20 invaders from NSP or GoM show up to take camp back, and PAXA 5 man kills all of them.
3. Move on to a different camp

They did wipe once that night, but they also won against 5 or 6 groups with 4x their numbers. And they kept a pair of camps red pretty much the whole time. My impression is that the camp taking is mostly to attract “good WvW players” like you describe, but it still worked.

And honestly, my experience in WvW leads me to believe that something like 75% of the people there are really terrible at PvP. I’ve run into more than one staff ele who “fought” me one-on-one by spamming 1 while attuned to fire…

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

And honestly, my experience in WvW leads me to believe that something like 75% of the people there are really terrible at PvP.

That is because we are not playing PvP.

WvW is not as hardcore as PvP. You don’t need leet skills to be helpful and useful to your server. Naturally, PAXA is an elite team. Usually, they are fighting casuals who have no interest in team deathmatch.

That said, PAXA has been great training for us on GoM. People have learned the importance of rezing downed players quickly, and spiking quickly. Overall, GoM is stronger due to our encounters with PAXA, just like GoM is stronger from all our outnumbered battles against DH.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Nausicca.6038

So I’m a pvper who carries supplies. I’m probably playing the wrong game.

I’m a wvp’er?

Oh wait, I kill npcs as well. So I’m a wvp2ve’er

It’s becoming ridiculous.

VoxL, NSPPT

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: ArcticWillow.2758

ArcticWillow.2758

A good WvW player will find the most time and resource efficient way around that roadblock. In this case, overwhelm the PvP players with numbers. It only take a minute or two to do, and the road block is cleared without tying up a lot of resourses or making people run back from spawn from losing to a “fair fight.”

I’m sure saying this makes you feel good, but from having run with the PAXA folks for an evening a few days back, my experience was that it went more like this:
2. 20 invaders from NSP or GoM show up to take camp back, and PAXA 5 man kills all of them.

They did wipe once that night, but they also won against 5 or 6 groups with 4x their numbers. And they kept a pair of camps red pretty much the whole time. My impression is that the camp taking is mostly to attract “good WvW players” like you describe, but it still worked.

And honestly, my experience in WvW leads me to believe that something like 75% of the people there are really terrible at PvP. I’ve run into more than one staff ele who “fought” me one-on-one by spamming 1 while attuned to fire…

You completely missed the point of his post. The point wasn’t the “we zerg you” part, it was the “we don’t care about kills” part. Your percentage could certainly be true: maybe 75% of the players aren’t good PvPers, but the whole point of his post was that WvW, and the points in WvW, aren’t about being good PvPers.

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Jscull.2514

And honestly, my experience in WvW leads me to believe that something like 75% of the people there are really terrible at PvP.

WvW is not as hardcore as PvP. You don’t need leet skills to be helpful and useful to your server. Naturally, PAXA is an elite team. Usually, they are fighting casuals who have no interest in team deathmatch.

That said, PAXA has been great training for us on GoM. People have learned the importance of rezing downed players quickly, and spiking quickly. Overall, GoM is stronger due to our encounters with PAXA, just like GoM is stronger from all our outnumbered battles against DH.

PvP did not originate from warfront time/point/kill limit scenarios. So telling me that WvW is not PvP, you are wrong. 3 factions to kill…It may not be officially called by the Anet team “player vs player world” but it is open world pvp. The only difference between whatever open world pvp game you have played is that the majority of pve is not done in this zone. Just because pve isnt done in this zone doesn’t make it NOT open world pvp…..That being said, it is an open no time limit, no kill limit, no cap limit zone for killing and capturing of “your super tough objectives”….regardless, the fact that you wrote what you wrote just means you’ll never have our perspective of what real player vs player is like. All you will know and continue to know is this :

1. Gather supply
2. Put down blueprints
3. spam build with supply
4. put down more blueprints
5. run for more supply
6. /Map chat “If you are not on my blue dorito, GET HERE NOW!”
7. spam build next siege with supply
8. /Map chat “Guys door is going down in 10 seconds, GET HERE NOW!”
9. Spam 1 and 2 on keep lord
10. /map chat “We should thank commander blue dorito for all this valiant leadership”
11. Gather all 25 of yourselves and run to the next objective on the map
12. Continue this nightly, weekly, monthly, and onto your next MMO as THE way to pvp in open zones

What a joke

Edit: You mentioned “good wvw players” that aren’t necessarily good pvpers…..do you realize how easy it is to be a “good wvw player”…….10 year olds could pick this game up….and 2 hours after downloading it be “running supply, scouting, seiging, and banging on keep wood”. Using that example, pretty much points out that “good wvw players” arent good players at all, let alone at player vs player. You do consistently what a 10 year old could do.

PAXA -GM

(edited by Jscull.2514)

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

ASH…do you guys ever kittening sleep?

In shifts

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

OK time to settle the arguement, let’s all just agree… everyone who plays GW2 in WvW are kitten players. With this simple reasoning we should get along just fine. Get beat when your outnumbered, hey it just means they kittened real bad and needed the numbers to beat you. Beat back a zerg with fewer numbers, no worries, they too were terrible players, but pat yourself on the back. Run solo and win a few 1 vs 3 or more, celebrate you just beat lesser players!

Feel better now?

Just have fun, do whatever you want to do, win how you wanna win, run with as many peeps as you want to, just please, please, please “SHUT UP with the whole my dad is better than your dad”, it’s getting really old.

Alright there is my troll post for the week!

Peace!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

3/15 NSP/GoM/HoD

in WvW

titanlectro.5029

PvP did not originate from warfront time/point/kill limit scenarios. So telling me that WvW is not PvP, you are wrong. 3 factions to kill…It may not be officially called by the Anet team “player vs player world” but it is open world pvp. The only difference between whatever open world pvp game you have played is that the majority of pve is not done in this zone. Just because pve isnt done in this zone doesn’t make it NOT open world pvp…..That being said, it is an open no time limit, no kill limit, no cap limit zone for killing and capturing of “your super tough objectives”….regardless, the fact that you wrote what you wrote just means you’ll never have our perspective of what real player vs player is like. All you will know and continue to know is this :

1. Gather supply
2. Put down blueprints
3. spam build with supply
4. put down more blueprints
5. run for more supply
6. /Map chat “If you are not on my blue dorito, GET HERE NOW!”
7. spam build next siege with supply
8. /Map chat “Guys door is going down in 10 seconds, GET HERE NOW!”
9. Spam 1 and 2 on keep lord
10. /map chat “We should thank commander blue dorito for all this valiant leadership”
11. Gather all 25 of yourselves and run to the next objective on the map
12. Continue this nightly, weekly, monthly, and onto your next MMO as THE way to pvp in open zones

What a joke

Clearly you have no respect for WvW.

That fine, you’re entitled to your opinion. Just don’t expect anyone here to respect you for it, because most of us are here for WvW.