3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

Whatever the reasons, I think it’s fair to say that Blackgate is the new underdog. Looking forward to see you all on the battlefield!

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Siik.9038

Siik.9038

I heard [EMP] is leaving JQ, and [Choo] is leaving SoR….
See, I can do this too…..these forums are too funny

Siikx / Prym Fyre / Ivy Oniko
Imperial Coalition [ICoa]- Recruitment Officer
Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Whatever the reasons, I think it’s fair to say that Blackgate is the new underdog. Looking forward to see you all on the battlefield!

Because one week proves everything.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

If you say so :P

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Do we always have to have someone making a snide comment about every single point, even the innocuous ones?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

So Riot, Agg and FoE are all leaving?

Dunno about Agg and FoE but we don’t have any plans to move as of now.

Confirmed, they moved to T8

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

to the BG in EBG.

Thank you for sending 40-50+ after the 5 of us who took down SM wall, and were ramming inner gate.

<3 yall

White swords on SM – you can never send too big an army to check’em out. lol

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Grithan Soulforge.5726

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Do we always have to have someone making a snide comment about every single point, even the innocuous ones?

If you can’t handle it perhaps you should ragequit the forums broseph.

[BfB] Grithan/Trigan – JQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Really? I hope it’s not because they couldn’t handle the competition. Too bad… it was fun saying “Agg zerg” on TS. I don’t know why it was fun, it just was. Agg zerg. Agg zerg. Heh…

#TeamJadeQuarry

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

So why are people leaving BG….mainly FoE?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

If you can’t handle it perhaps you should ragequit the forums broseph.

You’re new here, aren’t you?

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/3-22-SF-ET-FC-Deja-Vu-edition/page/10#post1732467

I won’t talk for them but it’s because they dislike the “…zergball that T1 has become…” I wish them the best and I hope they find what they are looking for

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Crimedawg.8954

Crimedawg.8954

Do I reeeeally want to return to this mess? Hmmm

[Tsym] – Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall
Running 15 in a BL near you

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Hold on… Let me pull out my resume so we can compare forum wars experience.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Ipea.2974

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/3-22-SF-ET-FC-Deja-Vu-edition/page/10#post1732467

I won’t talk for them but it’s because they dislike the “…zergball that T1 has become…” I wish them the best and I hope they find what they are looking for

I lol’d tbh, oh well good luck to them

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Grithan Soulforge.5726

Do I reeeeally want to return to this mess? Hmmm

Seems like you’ve already made your decision.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

to the BG in EBG.

Thank you for sending 40-50+ after the 5 of us who took down SM wall, and were ramming inner gate.

<3 yall

White swords on SM – you can never send too big an army to check’em out. lol

Haha.

Hey Freijnor almost made a lap being chased. :P

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

Hold on… Let me pull out my resume so we can compare forum wars experience.

That doesn’t look like a resume. I was told not to talk to people who do that.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

GOODBYE Foe and Agg you’ll be missed

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

I heard [EMP] is leaving JQ, and [Choo] is leaving SoR….
See, I can do this too…..these forums are too funny

Difference between you and I is that I was actually right…

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Well it’s hard to argue with them, t1 has definitely become zergier since the patch.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

I wish people would get over this zerg thing. This is what WvW is. How many times have you seen in history a castle taken over by 5 people? Usually it takes an army and that is what is going on. If you want small group fights go play S-PVP. I for one like the large fights, just makes it feel more epic seeing two large forces clashing with one another.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I really do wish RIOT decides to stay with BG, you guys have been with us for quite a long time and it always feels good to boast you guys as our server’s example of elite small team:)

Blackgate Engineer

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Actually what you said is completely untrue, it was mentioned in last weeks forums… & you asked how do we control our servers media output? As you can see we don’t have as many forum warriors as you or SoR do. Blackgate has a more mature community & doesn’t really spend time or care much at all about what our enemies think about us.

Yup, I heard that the 2v1 brigade had girl scout cookies… I’d definitely join up with that in a heart beat.

Also, if Riot does decide to move I’d completely respect their decision & whatever reason they have for doing so. Anyone would be lucky to have a guild like that in their server

Prove it. Give me a link from last weeks T1 thread that mentions BG having a flame ram problem. Also, you stated in this thread earlier that the difference between JQ and BG was that JQ mentioned their ram issue and BG didn’t. So which is it to be? You can’t have both. Honestly, you are priceless. You even tie yourself up in verbal knots and so save me the trouble of making your head spin.

With regard to forum warriors. Well a quick post count in this thread puts you out there as one of the most frequent. So again, which is it to be?

I have not said one bad thing against BG. I am sure they have a great community. I certainly enjoy fighting them and they have the best score updater by a country mile.

My post is directed squarely at you. You do seem to care about what your enemies think about you given your post history. Quick, go and make some frantic edits now….

I also respect any guild and their server choice. They do what is best for their members.

Now, what else do you have to come back with or are you all spent?

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Israel.7056

I wish people would get over this zerg thing. This is what WvW is. How many times have you seen in history a castle taken over by 5 people? Usually it takes an army and that is what is going on. If you want small group fights go play S-PVP. I for one like the large fights, just makes it feel more epic seeing two large forces clashing with one another.

It’s what WvW tends to be but it’s not what WvW always has to be. People choose to zerg or not to zerg. Everyone has that choice. I often choose to run around solo or with a small group. I don’t take any castles but I don’t care.

That being said I have been known to participate in and even enjoy large fights but only in small doses. I usually get bored with it after an hour or two. I don’t think the fights develop the sort of skills I actually want to develop.

If sPvP/tPvP were more to my liking I think I’d spend a lot less time in WvW.

(edited by Israel.7056)

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

hex.3218

The 70 player zergfest karma train will end over the next few days as all the nitwits get bored with the update and we get back to the regulars doing what we do. It’s already winding down. Even I stopped counting at rank 5 and don’t even look anymore.

I think folks weren’t being completely honest with themselves about the size of their groups. I know that culling, for me, made everything seem like a 20 v 20 when big groups collided. NOW, it’s like whoa… this isn’t right! WTF?

Now, we see all those hangers on and stragglers and it looks… disturbing. I will grant that the first night it was just stupid out of control zerg v zerg. I expected no less than that and was shocked at how angry some folks on JQ were and even logged out. Like they thought it would be anything different that night.

But now it’s back to havocs and 5 mans and split zergs and decent small, medium and large fights.

The biggest thing I notice now is how much more folks run away. It’s harder to run in when you can SEE all of those bads.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Well moving an organised team down to T8 will certainly be a quick way to rank up.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Awww cmon now, Agg should either stay BG or come join me in my kittenery on JQ I love those guys, somehow ended up liking those guys over time Who gives a kitten if someone says its bandwagoning, I consider them as my peoples…even if I tend to attack them all the time.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Yanno, for the first few weeks, I didn’t like JQ. I always thought that was just to much manwich for one bun. But after the few weeks we’ve had the privilege(No B.S., and sadly no more kitten to play against them, I’ve come to like those chaps. Fun to play against, great Havoc squads, and I would wager some really great server communication has just made them a blast to fight on NA primetime(Its the time I only get to play, some odd hours in the morning here and there). Here’s to the coming reset, may we bash each others faces in with glee and a song in our hearts.

And here is the song we shall sing.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Oh no!! It looks like BG is imploding already!!!!

Anyone else find it amusing that the two guilds that started the whole transfer nonsense from SoS to BG are the first two to leave?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Awww cmon now, Agg should either stay BG or come join me in my kittenery on JQ I love those guys, somehow ended up liking those guys over time Who gives a kitten if someone says its bandwagoning, I consider them as my peoples…even if I tend to attack them all the time.

Well, you could always transfer SF to Ferg’s Crossing.

Good luck FoE and Agg. Maybe it’s the fact that I play late PST, but I feel like I never got to know you guys during your short stay on BG. It seems like you both never really settled in. Regardless, I wish you the best and hope you find some good fun for your guilds.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Funny thing is though if you read t8 and ups threads, they are all complaining about the zerg balls. It is the current meta atm so you can’t escape it

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Ipea.2974

This is the main reason i fully believe that they made a mistake, but thats for them to make, i wish FoE and AGG the best of luck in T8 and on the rise to the easy ranking they will be getting…..
nothing beats working for your ranks IMHO

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Israel.7056

So have Tsym and AFS moved to SoR?

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Vodka.3958

Blackgate has a more mature community & doesn’t really spend time or care much at all about what our enemies think about us.

omglmaoroflcopters

I’d pay good money to see your face when you wrote that. That is priceless. Keep it coming!

Attachments:

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Blackgate has a more mature community & doesn’t really spend time or care much at all about what our enemies think about us.

omglmaoroflcopters

I’d pay good money to see your face when you wrote that. That is priceless. Keep it coming!

We’ve obtained exclusive video of the event.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

The 70 player zergfest karma train will end over the next few days as all the nitwits get bored with the update and we get back to the regulars doing what we do. It’s already winding down. Even I stopped counting at rank 5 and don’t even look anymore.

I think folks weren’t being completely honest with themselves about the size of their groups. I know that culling, for me, made everything seem like a 20 v 20 when big groups collided. NOW, it’s like whoa… this isn’t right! WTF?

Now, we see all those hangers on and stragglers and it looks… disturbing. I will grant that the first night it was just stupid out of control zerg v zerg. I expected no less than that and was shocked at how angry some folks on JQ were and even logged out. Like they thought it would be anything different that night.

But now it’s back to havocs and 5 mans and split zergs and decent small, medium and large fights.

The biggest thing I notice now is how much more folks run away. It’s harder to run in when you can SEE all of those bads.

No, its still pretty much everyone zerging for wxp. Worlds aren’t bothering to defend anything because they don’t get wxp for defending.

Sanctum of Rall

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

Winning one week proves that the comment vodka was quoting (BG hasn’t won in the 4 weeks since the last transfer batch) is false.

But I get the impression you meant that winning one week does not make Blackgate the de facto best of all time PvP Hero champion slayers.

And that is true. However winning 1 time in the last 4 weeks disproves the statement that Blackgate has not won once in the last 4 weeks, to reiterate.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Good luck in your T8 endeavors Agg and FoE!

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

Woah woah woah! I am not sure where that rumor came from. Yeah, we’ve been QQ’ing here and there about the T1 zergs, but RIOT currently has no intentions of even thinking about moving off of Blackgate. We’ve worked hard to get to know the other great small guilds on this server (Invi, oPP, AAO, etc), as well as the larger guilds. We would definitely prefer it if BG drops to T2, but we aren’t going to back down from no T1 guilds!

:)

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Woah woah woah! I am not sure where that rumor came from. Yeah, we’ve been QQ’ing here and there about the T1 zergs, but RIOT currently has no intentions of even thinking about moving off of Blackgate. We’ve worked hard to get to know the other great small guilds on this server (Invi, oPP, AAO, etc), as well as the larger guilds. We would definitely prefer it if BG drops to T2, but we aren’t going to back down from no T1 guilds!

The rumor probably came from one of your GMs posting a topic looking for medium pop servers to show him “what they offered”. I even personally talked to him about the move.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Attention-medium-pop-servers

EDIT: not sure if GM but someone who has ties to [RIOT], simple look at his post history shows “see more [riot] vids here”.. so yeah

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

It is time again for another exciting score update with…As the Yak Runs! Now live from Blackgate.

It had been a long day of pillaging across the coast, but despite his physical exhaustion, Peta was feeling agitated. He knew what needed to be done, but that didn’t make it any easier to act. He looked out across the sea and took one last deep breath of sea air before turning away and heading back inland.

Several hours later, Peta cautiously walked into the Wolf Den. Unlike the raucous bar that the [KH] clan lived in, the wolf den seemed a place of calm. Members of the [GoF] clan were gathered around tables and warm fires discussing the ongoing Mistwar.

Phoenix gazed out across the smoky lodge and was surprised to see a familiar sylvari slumped in a chair. Despite his clever disguise of a pair of aviator glasses, purple hair dye, and a sleeveless hoodie, Phoenix knew it was Peta sitting there.

Peta watched Phoenix approach with his trademark stoicism, perhaps thinking that the commander would not see him if he sat still.

“Peta!” Phoenix cried, “I’m so glad you’re here!” and he looked around expectantly, clapping his hands. “So where’s that hottie Ellehnia?”

Peta resisted the urge to roll his eyes and instead shrugged his shoulders non-commitally.

“She’s…not here?” the tone of disappointment in Phoenix’s voice was apparent. “But she’s coming over right? I mean…if you’re here…”

Peta shrugged again. He suspected Elle would follow him, but he wasn’t going to force her to and try to convince her. He knew her well enough to know that she makes her own choices.

Phoenix snorted in irritation at the mute sylvari’s obstinance. “Well if you’re not going to do anything about it, then I will! She just broke up with Tryce” Phoenix pondered this for a moment “…I bet she’d totally be into me!”

Peta stared at Phoenix for a moment, then burst into wild laughter, slapping his hand against his thigh. When Phoenix, clearly irritated, snorted and stomped away, Peta only laughed harder. Everything was going just as he hoped it would, although not exactly how he expected. He wanted Ellie to come to Blackgate so she could make up with Tryce, but this was possibly even better. He wouldn’t have to convince her himself; Phoenix would do it for him.

Attachments:

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Congrats SoR on your first win against blackgate!!!

I have to say we are one of the most resilient and stable servers in world vs world and it makes me proud

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Heh, seems we are breaking record every week. Last week BG got its first win in T1, this week SOR got its first win against BG, wondering what’s in store next week?

Blackgate Engineer

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

GekoHayate.2451

Congrats SoR on your first win against blackgate!!!

I have to say we are one of the most resilient and stable servers in world vs world and it makes me proud

Congrats indeed.

New carrots to chase and SOR finally beat us? Blackgate better have that fire lit for this week.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

The rumor probably came from one of your GMs posting a topic looking for medium pop servers to show him “what they offered”. I even personally talked to him about the move.

EDIT: not sure if GM but someone who has ties to [RIOT], simple look at his post history shows “see more [riot] vids here”.. so yeah

Ah ha! Well, this person was in our guild for about 2 weeks and left a few weeks ago. Thanks for pointing that out to me though.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Ah ha! Well, this person was in our guild for about 2 weeks and left a few weeks ago. Thanks for pointing that out to me though.

Not a problem. I’m well aware of the effect of rumors and misinformation/misrepresentation of guilds. Glad to help.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: fragnstein.3486

fragnstein.3486

We somehow ended up in this really huge freakin’ zergball, then I had to bail. We were only meaning to auto attack gates down with fists. Then we had to upgrade to lvl 3 fists which were golems. Then mindless throw ourselves at doors and see how that goes. It was quite amusing, at least when I was on. Keep in mind we are all here for entertainment, and if you can auto attack down a door to save 48 silver on rams for two sets of gates, mise as well right?

I got the footage of us crackin’ through bay and hills I believe. We were going to siege up hills and make BG spawn side our spawn again like last week. Yet, we opted not? Last night we had like massive numbers on map as well, well at least form our guild. I think we had 40 on map in one team! That was ridiculous! Then you add in all the randomly guilded ppl out there, I was like, this was outmanned when we came in…

The huge zergballs that have formed are quite annoying, I am dreading reset night Regardless though the fights last night were quite fun for all of us on SoR. TW has opted to start leaving the zerg and dropping commander tags in an effort to break off from the zergfest but even that proves difficult. All we can do is hope Anet can fix the functionality of commander tags so we may once again run as guilds again.

I would like to see a guild emblem commander tag only visible to guildies.

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

The huge zergballs that have formed are quite annoying, I am dreading reset night Regardless though the fights last night were quite fun for all of us on SoR. TW has opted to start leaving the zerg and dropping commander tags in an effort to break off from the zergfest but even that proves difficult. All we can do is hope Anet can fix the functionality of commander tags so we may once again run as guilds again.

I would like to see a guild emblem commander tag only visible to guildies.

There should be 2 options when leading A.Tag visible to everyone B.Tag visible to guild, would solve alot of issues. After all this game is called Guild Wars

[TW]Tempest Wolves

3/22 JQ-BG-SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Is Blackgate really falling apart this soon? I figured they would at least last another month or so

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP