3rd time in 5 nights......

in WvW

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

for the 3rd time (at least) in the last 5 night since reset, IN THE MIDDLE OF A SIEGE, a “new build” has been released……this is really getting old. If you all want this to be a valid, beneficial point to the selling of this product, then putting out a patch that only fixes a holiday recipe problem during primetime is absolutely dumb. You cannot possibly expect people to spend gold on siege weapons when all you do is screw up the plans that are already in motion. GET IT TOGETHER!!!!!

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

To be fair, there isn’t a time during the day that isn’t “IN THE MIDDLE OF A SIEGE”.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: nytehex.3267

nytehex.3267

to be fair? When I say in the middle of a siege, I mean that the guild that I am in has placed at least 2-4 guild in siege to bomb a wall or door, not to mention the repair costs to our armor trying to get the supply camps, etc etc etc. on sunday night, we were literally going on hour 4 to get into a bay and BOOM, no more. They are killing WvW with all these little petty updates.

It seems to me what we have here is a failure to communicate.

Leader of [moya]

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

to be fair? When I say in the middle of a siege, I mean that the guild that I am in has placed at least 2-4 guild in siege to bomb a wall or door, not to mention the repair costs to our armor trying to get the supply camps, etc etc etc. on sunday night, we were literally going on hour 4 to get into a bay and BOOM, no more. They are killing WvW with all these little petty updates.

Seriously Anet. Please coordinate with nytehex and his guild and plan your updates accordingly. Only update when they’re being besieged not when they’re attacking.

Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Seriously Anet. Please coordinate with nytehex and his guild and plan your updates accordingly. Only update when they’re being besieged not when they’re attacking.

Thank you.

snarky comments aside, this is a rather end game problem anet needs to address before they lose the hard core wvwers. despite their excuse of it wasnt done in time, there really is no reason why they cant put an advanced warning into play. they have one that works for inside dungeons/fractals. why cant they use that in wvw? as shown by the many many other threads… wvwers are bailing left and right. do they really think they can afford to lose another huge chunk?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

How d_am hard is it to have a mod pump out an ingame message 30 minutes beforehand, come on ANet you’re better than this and you’re letting the side down with all these ridiculous recipe patches for Wintersday when most of us couldn’t give a rats patootie about Wintersday... Stop ignoring the WvW population and get on to this asap as we’re sick of spending our gold on siege that vanishes and plans that dissipate because you want to patchup a bleeding recipe for ’whoever you worships’ sake!!!

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

in WvW

Posted by: johnnyjuana.6279

johnnyjuana.6279

also the lag that ive been suffering with afterwards is unbearable.
@CoverGirl: sorry, i tried to rez you before the new build happened but those damn Dolyaks are kinda tough!!!

lvl 80 mesmer[ZOOM]
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

Being on the other side of that siege, I can tell you with certainty that your server took the keep immediately after the reset anyway. Nothing really changed, as sudden resets almost always effect your opponents in an equally damaging way.

In any case, it still needs to stop. We already spend a ridiculous amount of money on siege weapons. No need to salt the wound by making it disappear into thin air.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

As it’s a worldwide 24 hour game I can’t much complain about these roll outs as the alternative would effect another player somewhere else in the globe in much the same way. It also makes some sense as their workday has or is near ending after having enough daylight to have likely tested the new iteration beforehand at least once on one of their offline environments.

I for one am grateful that they are routinely responding as a needed which is more then can be said for the patch priorities of some subscription based alternatives.

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The instanced areas get 3 hours to reboot.

Problem is in wvw you cant have 2 instances of wvw running at the same time.

The fix for this is coming soonish, it just didnt make the patch on the 14th.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Imagine if they put the sense of urgency, time, and effort they put into events into permanent content like WvW and other aspects of the game. Many more issues in permanent content would be fixed.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Wo the hell buys seige for gold anyway?

You heard of jumping puzzles with character including all alts?

….not to forget you can swap badges for siege.

I agree though that Updates/patches could be released with more prior warning in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

How d_am hard is it to have a mod pump out an ingame message 30 minutes beforehand, come on ANet you’re better than this …

Why do you say that ANet is better than this? I’ve seen no evidence of that at all. Seems pretty par for the course to me, and I mean that seriously even it merely sounds superficially cynical. If you really take a look at many of the things that have happened in GW2 over the last few months it’s like there are different entities within ANet that don’t talk to each other much at all. It seems like a very poorly coordinated operation, and I’ll bet that ANet insiders say the same thing among themselves.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Being on the other side of that siege, I can tell you with certainty that your server took the keep immediately after the reset anyway. Nothing really changed, as sudden resets almost always effect your opponents in an equally damaging way.

In any case, it still needs to stop. We already spend a ridiculous amount of money on siege weapons. No need to salt the wound by making it disappear into thin air.

Nope. On IoJ, we were having our keep in EB was seriously sieged, walls had just dropped, and we were facing imminent loss of the keep due to trebbing.

Boom, new build.

We get back in asap, and as the keep is 2x closer for us, we were able to grab supply and repair the walls PLUS get counter-trebs up before they got the whole way across the map to us.

It was a huge help to us, but it could have just as easily been the other way around. They need to plan these better or give more warning. In WvW there is literally a 20-30 second warning.

Give time for a final do or die push.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

There is literally no time of day they can release a patch without screwing up somebody’s plans.

Because of the way patch deployment works (there’s a one-hour talk about it on Gamasutra) if they don’t bring down WvW servers immediately after patch deployment players will find themselves in two separate instances of the map. This isn’t a big deal in PvE, but you can probably understand why it is in WvW.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

Primetime for this game’s NA servers is not hard to predict. It’s in the evening in North America. Happens the same time every day in fact.

Releasing a build at primetime in NA is stupid.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

If the patch is for fixing an exploit or for making me more OP, I’m all for doing it right away.

/thread

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |