Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

4/12 Dragonbrand - Maguuma - Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Huge is huge.

BP needs to take fun lessons from TG.

Yeah, sorry for those TG that were attacked while in moose(?) form. Can’t control all of my zerg at Mag bl :/

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Huge is huge.

Yeah, sorry for those TG that were attacked while in moose(?) form. Can’t control all of my zerg at Mag bl :/

Our guys attacked a moose army? Shameful.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Huge is huge.

Lol, we had spys in our vent telling where we were for couple hrs, and even though they knew our every move, we still wiped em, and took whatever we wanted. That’s “fun” :P

Who do you think is spying on you and why?

Attachments:

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Posted by: Serebus.7314

Serebus.7314

Had fun raiding Mag BL as yaks/rams/bulls/meese mabye tomorrow we will actually fight, but who knows.

Bronade – Guild leader of TERROR[TG]
Homeworld = Home Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

Our guys attacked a moose army? Shameful.

Daily Kill Variety. Imagine the disappointment when they didn’t really count as Moose. : (

in WvW

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Just out of curiosity, were the Yaks throwing a zerg full of lowbies around the DBBL a few nights ago? I never noticed any arrows since I rarely pay attention to that sort of thing, but that zerg, of at least 30, got vaporised repeatedly, even when they were outnumbered 2-1.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Dear BP,

I think it would be a good idea to not lose your whole bl trying to take a single keep.

Sincerely StealthSnake

OR, we can let you take our unupgraded BL while we reset your upgraded hills, and then come back and recap it, all the while raking in 335+PPT during our raid.

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

OR, we can let you take our unupgraded BL while we reset your upgraded hills, and then come back and recap it, all the while raking in 335+PPT during our raid.

Not a smart way to play at all. For one we took your whole bl afterwards without much effort because it was all paper, and two it isn’t good to teach people to not defend your own bl.

DB didn’t hold +300 ppt for that long, and most of that came from taking YB bl anyways.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

(edited by StealthSnake.9134)

in WvW

Posted by: Kharne.4235

Kharne.4235

Dear BP,

I think it would be a good idea to not lose your whole bl trying to take a single keep.

Sincerely StealthSnake

So nobody loses anything? We lost 1 upgraded keep, but then you lost your entire borderlands, oh how you can boast about that, but for the most part nobody lost anything?

[iLL]usion Maguuma
Ahriman (Necro), Ahzeck (Ele), Solace (Thief), Goddifist (Ranger) Kharne (Warr) Tomb
Hope, Is The First Step To Disappointment

in WvW

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

Is it odd when reading through this thread all I hear in my head is a hyper sarcastic play through of can you feel the love tonight?

Help

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

I don’t think it’s very nice to take credit for your entire PPT (whatever it may have been) simply because it happened during your official guild raid time. I think EA has the right idea of focusing on defense considering DB’s SEA population. It’s not always beneficial to go on the offensive.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Pinko.2076

The world goes to sleep with a score update.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Is it odd when reading through this thread all I hear in my head is a hyper sarcastic play through of can you feel the love tonight?

This is our goal for every Maguuma thread.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I don’t think it’s very nice to take credit for your entire PPT (whatever it may have been) simply because it happened during your official guild raid time. I think EA has the right idea of focusing on defense considering DB’s SEA population. It’s not always beneficial to go on the offensive.

I wasn’t taking full credit for the 335+ PPT. There were a bunch of guilds and players playing last night. EA is an amazing guild. I am pretty sure DB SEA guilds are ok with going through paper gates instead of having to siege a fully upgraded keep. This was more an excercise in “we can take what we want, when we want, and no one can do anything about it” because we can out maneuver you.

People are saying we should have focused on defense when all our keeps were already reset on our BL. So what is the real loss in letting it go, when we(DB) are still topping the PPT? Ill answer my own question, a few rams.

You may notice that I dont bring up the score totals and only refer to PPT. This is one of the metrics BP measures itself by during our raids. I also notice that the first score update from NA TZ last night is from after our raid. Funny how Pinko had to wait until then to post it.

BTW I want more bunzy here….

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

anytime db doesn’t have ppt lead means is not bp raid time.

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

[BP] is amusing.

That battle at hills was even more amusing. We (ie, [TG]) found Frodo Baggins and we created the Fellowship to get him into Mt. Doom to destroy the One Ring. We let Gondor (note, [BP]) PvD the Black Gates of Mordor while the Fellowship stood guard to make sure Frodo made it through safely. Once the gates were down, The Mouth of Sauron came out to greet us but was promptly killed by the Gondorians. And that’s when some Uruk’Hai (Yak’s Bend) tried to take out the Army of Gondor from behind in a bold attempt to overthrow Sauron!

Alas, they attacked too early and were annihilated as they were caught between the forces of Mordor and reinforcements of Rohan (The DB that got wiped by the YB zerg). Frodo and the Fellowship dropped the Ring and we promptly gave Frodo all credit for the destruction of Mordor.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Pinko.2076

It was the same Uruk’Hai knocking on Sauron’s holdings to the west that creating the opportunity for Gondor to break through. An unlikely alliance, followed by a swift betrayal.

Sauron was disappointed that none came to meet him at his final holding. The failure of Gondor and Uruk’Hai to work together ensures that Sauron will emerge once again.

in WvW

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Score update!

I’ll be in class most of the day, but updates later on. Heck I may even throw in a salad update!

Attachments:

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

I wasn’t taking full credit for the 335+ PPT. There were a bunch of guilds and players playing last night. EA is an amazing guild. I am pretty sure DB SEA guilds are ok with going through paper gates instead of having to siege a fully upgraded keep. This was more an excercise in “we can take what we want, when we want, and no one can do anything about it” because we can out maneuver you.

People are saying we should have focused on defense when all our keeps were already reset on our BL. So what is the real loss in letting it go, when we(DB) are still topping the PPT? Ill answer my own question, a few rams.

You may notice that I dont bring up the score totals and only refer to PPT. This is one of the metrics BP measures itself by during our raids. I also notice that the first score update from NA TZ last night is from after our raid. Funny how Pinko had to wait until then to post it.

BTW I want more bunzy here….

so wait if i remember last week the only reason why you took west keep off us is cuze yak was hitting garrison. and when you failed to take garrison last week when you broke though the inner… was it BP good will not wanting to take it?

and yet again yesterday we were hit by yaks at west keep so we had to split our forces.

feels like BP is only capable of taking stuff when Yak is hitting Mag on the other side of the map

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

This has been a pretty good week, ignoring score. [PYRO] has had some great fights, though a lot of us have been busy with exams, so we haven’t been out in force like we were over the weekend.

Props to some of the guilds on the opposing servers. If I had to pick the top three guilds I’ve fought these past two weeks, without a question, it would be [TG], [TFV], followed me [Me]. I don’t really roam often, but the best small scale fights I had were definitely against [AZRG].

I probably enjoy fighting against [TFV] the most, because they have really great coordination of movement, and play with a very offensive, “standard” style like [PYRO]. Think Red Guard or VotF style. I’m always impressed at their ability to stack on a geyser for a second and have everyone blast, healing almost all of them to full instantly. Some criticisms: generally do their own thing, so they can get zerged down easily (not really a bad thing, but still hurts them), and poor stability uptime. After their initial push, you can pretty easily break their movement with lines of warding/static fields/etc. If they would run with some more shout guardians, it would probably help them again. All in all, solid guild.

Fighting [Me] has been interesting, too. From what I can tell, they like to run a really well heavy, necro centered style, that forces you to push into them, and hard-counters boon stacking (mass well of corruption hurts). It took us a bit to adapt to this kind of play, but just having our movement be a bit more disciplined has allowed us to play against this without altering our overall strats too often. We like being a very offensive push heavy group, so not barreling into an enemy zerg with every boon is pretty hard for us sometimes. My only criticisms are that after their initial wells expire, they don’t really push back, and their movement isn’t very disciplined.

[TG] is probably the hardest to fight. They don’t always run necro heavy, but when they do, it really plays into their hands well. As far as I can tell, they rely on their superior discipline to bait enemy zergs to push into them, while moving backwards or sideways dropping a ton of AOE. I’m always very impressed when I see them, just by how well they stick together. [D|ERP] and [TG] run very very similarly, and a GvG between them would be awesome. We had some of the closest GvG fights with [TG] that we’ve had in months. Some criticisms: not the best stability uptime, at least when they run with a lot of necros (which is admittedly not all the time), and I would utilize veil more if I were them. It seems wrong to not push, but their patience really rewards them. Overall, the best guild on Dragonbrand, bar none.

To [AZRG], never seen you guys with more than 7 or 8 people, so I don’t know how you’d do in 20 vs 20+, but in the small scale fights I did get in against you, your focus fire was amazing, and your protection of downed players was even more impressive. Whenever I hear that you’re running around somewhere, I look for you. Do you sPvP a lot? You definitely have great control over your characters and understand each other’s builds a ton. Props.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

anytime db doesn’t have ppt lead means is not bp raid time.

Uh..no

in WvW

Pinko.2076

[TG] is probably the hardest to fight. They don’t always run necro heavy, but when they do, it really plays into their hands well. As far as I can tell, they rely on their superior discipline to bait enemy zergs to push into them, while moving backwards or sideways dropping a ton of AOE. I’m always very impressed when I see them, just by how well they stick together. [D|ERP] and [TG] run very very similarly, and a GvG between them would be awesome. We had some of the closest GvG fights with [TG] that we’ve had in months. Some criticisms: not the best stability uptime, at least when they run with a lot of necros (which is admittedly not all the time), and I would utilize veil more if I were them. It seems wrong to not push, but their patience really rewards them. Overall, the best guild on Dragonbrand, bar none.

[TG] is rough, but we’re eager to get a GvG next time we have a large d|erp presence running in a group. We need to practice against heavy pushing groups, because we mainly run a zoning and punishing style.

in WvW

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

so wait if i remember last week the only reason why you took west keep off us is cuze yak was hitting garrison. and when you failed to take garrison last week when you broke though the inner… was it BP good will not wanting to take it?

and yet again yesterday we were hit by yaks at west keep so we had to split our forces.

feels like BP is only capable of taking stuff when Yak is hitting Mag on the other side of the map

The game is a three-way for some reason. You cannot solely focus on an enemy because the other server will try to take advantage of it.

Feels like Maguumans are only capable of finding excuses when they lost something. If you’re good enough then you can hit both fronts, like our SEA crew. Otherwise every server has to deal with the other two servers at the same time. It’s not news.

By the way, have you ever fought BP? If I remembered correctly, you said somewhere that you are an oceanic commander.

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

oh i know its a 3 way fight but dont claim that you can take anything you want when you want when our force is split in half

and who said im oceanic lol

in WvW

Pinko.2076

BP can take anything they want, after they lose all their rams, catas, trebs, and then run around on a wall until we send half of our people to fight a CL zerg on 3 different fronts.

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Anyone notice that the only ones who talk about individual guilds in the forums are Mags PvF champs?

If they played the game enough, they’ll soon realize that no one guild has the ability to change the course of the match. It’s the collective contribution that matters.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Anyone notice that the only ones who talk about individual guilds in the forums are Mags PvF champs?

If they played the game enough, they’ll soon realize that no one guild has the ability to change the course of the match. It’s the collective contribution that matters.

LOL

If NNK left DB you would be singing a different tune. And WM has not been logging on as much on Kaineng, and their score has been suffering. I am glad your opinions are grounded in reality.

[SU]

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

nothing will change the course of the match its kinda decided already.
DB SEA crew boost their ppt and their relatively decent NA hold and if BP is on pushes their ppt up

nothing will change till either yak or mag get SEA crew of their own

in WvW

Elano.2014

oh i know its a 3 way fight but dont claim that you can take anything you want when you want when our force is split in half

I must have mistaken you for someone else, sorry then.

Like eithinan said, it was more like an exercise. We’ve been wiped before, yes, but we want to and will get better every day, until that “we can take anything we want whenever we want” motto actually becomes true.

And, to be honest, you can’t say our claim is wrong since we did take the keep yesterday.

BP can take anything they want, after they lose all their rams, catas, trebs, and then run around on a wall until we send half of our people to fight a CL zerg on 3 different fronts.

I guess you never lost any ram, catapult, trebuchet, and ran around on a wall before, kudos to you sir. And 3 different front? That’s a bit exaggerating. I guess you had to fight Maguumans as well. :O

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I must have mistaken you for someone else, sorry then.

Like eithinan said, it was more like an exercise. We’ve been wiped before, yes, but we want to and will get better every day, until that “we can take anything we want whenever we want” motto actually becomes true.

And, to be honest, you can’t say our claim is wrong since we did take the keep yesterday.

I guess you never lost any ram, catapult, trebuchet, and ran around on a wall before, kudos to you sir. And 3 different front? That’s a bit exaggerating. I guess you had to fight Maguumans as well. :O

Not exaggerating. CL shines in being able to split up and hit 4-5 locations at once. We wouldn’t have sat at an EK with our entire borderland being the wrong color long enough to lose all that siege! :P

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

half your claim is true cuze you did take it but you cant take it whenever you want because i personally believe that you can only do it when yak is on the other side

in WvW

Calvin.5380

LOL

If NNK left DB you would be singing a different tune. And WM has not been logging on as much on Kaineng, and their score has been suffering. I am glad your opinions are grounded in reality.

^^

Proves my point

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Elano.2014

LOL

Telling NNK to leave DB is like telling NA guilds to leave Maguuma, heck, PYRO, D|ERP , and even your guild, SU. I know you are envy of our Asians but that’s the reality and it’ll probably stay as it is. Your “assumption” will never be tested, but who knows? We have lots of Asians besides those in NNK.

And what does WM have to do with this? :O It’s not like we paid them not to play.

Oh and you just proved Calvin’s point, lol.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

LOL

Telling NNK to leave DB is like telling NA guilds to leave Maguuma, heck, PYRO, D|ERP , and even your guild, SU. I know you are envy of our Asians but that’s the reality and it’ll probably stay as it is. Your “assumption” will never be tested, but who knows? We have lots of Asians besides those in NNK.

And what does WM have to do with this? :O It’s not like we paid them not to play.

Oh and you just proved Calvin’s point, lol.

You were so eager to be right that you just made up a Mag guild. Zav is on FA. Also, he wasn’t telling NNK to leave…

in WvW

Elano.2014

You were so eager to be right that you just made up a Mag guild. Zav is on FA. Also, he wasn’t telling NNK to leave…

I laughed, I really didn’t notice he wasn’t on Maguuma. Sorry for that.

But on the other hand, are you 100% sure there isn’t a SU on Mag?

Also, his hypothesis is based on NNK leaving, and in order for him to prove himself right, he would want NNK to leave.

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Also, his hypothesis is based on NNK leaving, and in order for him to prove himself right, he would want NNK to leave.

No. I don’t care what NNK does ultimately. And I am hoping NNK manages to boosts DB’s glick rating high enough and KN’s glicko rating sinks low enough that KN and DB switches tiers. Which implies I hope NNK stays on DB. I would love to see DB in T2.

SU is a guild name I have. It was only me. I am in BT though..

[SU]

in WvW

Calvin.5380

No point giving logic to them, Elano. They’d have stopped arguing otherwise. Initially, it was NNK, TFV, then EA, then TG, and now BP. Maybe KUZO will be next.

They do this, while I’m running with an excellent EA commander, capturing their own BL, with a few others from NNK, KUZO, TFV and a few other guilds who constitute our server.

They still think of us as individual guilds. Maybe this is how they play, and why they don’t capture maps completely during NA times.

They come here to preach us about tactics, team play and what not. I wonder why they’re in 8th place if they knew so much. Keep giving excuses, and you’ll never learn. We’re seventh, and may soon be an undeserved 6th. Keep the inputs coming.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Vi Au.8341

No point giving logic to them, Elano. They’d have stopped arguing otherwise. Initially, it was NNK, TFV, then EA, then TG, and now BP. Maybe KUZO will be next.

They do this, while I’m running with an excellent EA commander, capturing their own BL, with a few others from NNK, KUZO, TFV and a few other guilds who constitute our server.

They still think of us as individual guilds. Maybe this is how they play, and why they don’t capture maps completely during NA times.

They come here to preach us about tactics, team play and what not. I wonder why they’re in 8th place if they knew so much. Keep giving excuses, and you’ll never learn. We’re seventh, and may soon be an undeserved 6th. Keep the inputs coming.

you do know that rating in wvw is all about coverage and not about tactics right?

in WvW

Pinko.2076

We don’t have players on right now. I’m not on right now. It’s 10am. You’re vastly outnumbering people and then posting about it.

I don’t remember insulting any of those guilds listed except for BP, because you guys keep posting here about how you can do anything or whatever. The only things we’ve posted about TG/kuzo/tfv is that they’re good and we enjoy fighting them.

If you’d like for us to stop complimenting DB guilds please say so.

in WvW

Calvin.5380

We don’t have players on right now. I’m not on right now. It’s 10am. You’re vastly outnumbering people and then posting about it.

I don’t remember insulting any of those guilds listed except for BP, because you guys keep posting here about how you can do anything or whatever. The only things we’ve posted about TG/kuzo/tfv is that they’re good and we enjoy fighting them.

If you’d like for us to stop complimenting DB guilds please say so.

Compliments are always welcome. Thank you for being an admirer.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Calvin.5380

you do know that rating in wvw is all about coverage and not about tactics right?

You do know that coverage is about multiple guilds coordinating on a server, instead of a single guild, right? Logic. Again, you prove my point.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

You do know that coverage is about multiple guilds coordinating on a server, instead of a single guild, right? Logic. Again, you prove my point.

Lol. Come to T2. I am daring you.

[SU]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

What? Coverage is not about coordinating a server.

in WvW

Calvin.5380

We’ll come there when we deserve it. And we won’t take your route of changing servers.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

How about we put this to a test? Tell NNK to take a break for a week, and see what the score will be?

in WvW

Calvin.5380

How about we put this to a test? Tell NNK to take a break for a week, and see what the score will be?

I’m done with this argument, but I’ll take that challenge. Just ask all your NA crew to take a break the same week, and we’re on.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

We’ll come there when we deserve it. And we won’t take your route of changing servers.

I don’t care about PPT. I love playing with the guild I am in. There’s no guild on Maguuma currently quite like it. If there was I’d have gladly stayed because I am quite fond of quite a few of my old server mates.

Since you like to try and troll though. Please hurry it up to T2

[SU]

in WvW

Elano.2014

Tactics provide some degree of help if coverage isn’t going your way, imo. You can at least take easier targets, hold on to some PPT while giving up the stuffs the enemy is attacking.

I don’t remember BP “keep” posting about how good they are though, there’s only one post saying we were training. Others are mainly quotes, and response to quotes.

Actually I haven’t seen a NNK commander on today (from 7am EST till now). We have a few commanders from other guilds that are leading in BLs. But meh, I don’t think anyone has to right to tell someone not to play a game for a test’s sake.

Edit for typo.

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

We certainly appreciate this. [TG] will be glad to know that you find us challenging when we aren’t running around as Meese.

We had the opportunity to fight against [D|ERP] awhile. It wasn’t a true GvG, but it was [TG] & Company vs. [D|ERP] & Company and they certainly do a lot of the things we do. We had to change our tactics often to prevent [D|ERP] from pulling us into range of the Legendary defenders at the waypoint and whenever we veiled, they would quickly put up walls to block us. It was a very entertaining, but highly mobile and drawn out fight.

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War