4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Real good fun fighting with TW / TWL and SF on SoR BL tonight!
Still kicking ourselves in the kitten for letting you TW/TWL guys weasel in from north outer on Bay. >_<

Thanks for all the good fights, GoF did as best we could with what we had!

Really wish we were fast enough to join or at least could have watched that 10 minute battle for inner bay, seemed like an epic one between SoR and BG. Lot of action on the BL tonight, good times

Yeah we battled it out at Bay for about 30 minutes. We were hoping you guys would tap some of their stuff and they would pull out, but to no avail

Once again, great fights guys!

We actually did a couple times. We were running a clinic this evening on bad map positioning. I has ppls that would like to know more about tactics applied and why you do certain things and not do certain things. Plus, we had a guild meeting while chillin at hills defending. So our movements weren’t normal, plus discussion time. We were actually hoping that OJ’s would be enough to pull the opposition to us to review some points. Don’t worry, we wiped a few times

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Good luck against TW, hopefully your guild fares better than your server mates typically do.

They are one tough cookie.

Knowing them, they are probably just as excited as you guys are. They seem to foam at the mouth when it comes to competition.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Bammit.4796

Bammit.4796

They are one tough cookie.

Very true and good fights all around. Only one thing could make this night better is a 1v1 with…

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Fun on SoR BL this evening with SF.

Attachments:

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update!

Time for work

Enjoy everyone!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: priiice.4283

priiice.4283

Despite it ending in tears and suffering, it was fun while it lasted. RIP Golem Zergball 04/18/2013 3:00AM PST. (not shown: about 7 other golems)

Attachments:

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Irish Cowboy.4153

Irish Cowboy.4153

Still kicking ourselves in the kitten for letting you TW/TWL guys weasel in from north outer on Bay. >_<

Really wish we were fast enough to join or at least could have watched that 10 minute battle for inner bay, seemed like an epic one between SoR and BG. Lot of action on the BL tonight, good times

Yeah we battled it out at Bay for about 30 minutes. We were hoping you guys would tap some of their stuff and they would pull out, but to no avail

That was a really good fight. I’m pretty sure one of the heavy’s in TWL got a fraps of the whole thing, do don’t be surprised if there is a video of that fight. Pneumos was in an upright position the entire time and usually records many of the TW and friends encounters.

(edited by Irish Cowboy.4153)

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

Score update.

Attachments:

[RIP STAR]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

The score update from your friendly Thief!

Attachments:

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Tonight was mostly just the 15 of us SF getting a feel for TW play style since it has been so long since we’ve regularly fought them. By the time the meeting finished the orange swords were in inner bay so we didn’t really have time to get a proper 3 way map fight going.

I was watching the north while we were hitting bay. JQ had a 30-40 man hit Dawns, then move to NE Garrison, then come back to Dawns, then move to Spirit. We had a few people in each spot to call out for reinforcements, but it never looked like there was any danger.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Glad to see SF is coming to SoR BL. It seemed like BG pulled every BL into SoR last night while ignoring the other two???

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Due to popular demand: TW & Fear vs. FoO (GvG Sunday 14th)

What the…

Ok so lets take it slow here, a GvG means (Guild v Guild) essentially it comes down to two guilds lining up against each other and seeing which one has the ability to outdo the other in terms of individual skill and commanding. Individual skill plays a big part in GvG I would call it a 50/50 split since a GvG requires far more self-reliance as opposed to a blob and more individual thinking about positions and so on…

What this video shows is -not- a GvG. It is two guilds fighting one with huge blobs that are unable to show any individual skill due to the lag (Yes – Lag is detrimental to ones skill and essentially comes down to who has luck on their side and which group can hit 1 in a more condensed area than the other…)

If this is what NA consider GvG then I fear you have missed the great opportunity that is organised and worth while GvG that really puts the pressure up and presents an opportunity for every guild to prove their worth.

Aneu

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Tell’em how it is Aneu.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

What the…

Ok so lets take it slow here, a GvG means (Guild v Guild) essentially it comes down to two guilds lining up against each other and seeing which one has the ability to outdo the other in terms of individual skill and commanding. Individual skill plays a big part in GvG I would call it a 50/50 split since a GvG requires far more self-reliance as opposed to a blob and more individual thinking about positions and so on…

What this video shows is -not- a GvG. It is two guilds fighting one with huge blobs that are unable to show any individual skill due to the lag (Yes – Lag is detrimental to ones skill and essentially comes down to who has luck on their side and which group can hit 1 in a more condensed area than the other…)

If this is what NA consider GvG then I fear you have missed the great opportunity that is organised and worth while GvG that really puts the pressure up and presents an opportunity for every guild to prove their worth.

Aneu

lol who are you? Not sure if you realize but GvG’s don’t occur in the NA when you only have one other guild willing to do them, and they only set them up if they can beat the other team. What you see in that video is a GvG of FoO, TW, and Fear leading both BL’s against each other. Sorry if it does not meet the “Euro” definition of a GvG. Waha approached Indo in an attempt to set up a fight between FoO and TW, but at those hours we have less then 15 people so both guilds agreed to just run full bl vs full bl. The fight was not about individual skill, they have Spvp for that, the fights were more about commanding skills of a large force. Was there skill lag for both sides? Yes, but commanders like Waha, Indo, and Irmo worked through that and we ended up having some of the best fights in GW to date.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

What the…

Aneu

lol who are you? Not sure if you realize but GvG’s don’t occur in the NA when you only have one other guild willing to do them, and they only set them up if they can beat the other team. What you see in that video is a GvG of FoO, TW, and Fear leading both BL’s against each other. Sorry if it does not meet the “Euro” definition of a GvG. Waha approached Indo in an attempt to set up a fight between FoO and TW, but at those hours we have less then 15 people so both guilds agreed to just run full bl vs full bl. The fight was not about individual skill, they have Spvp for that, the fights were more about commanding skills of a large force. Was there skill lag for both sides? Yes, but commanders like Waha, Indo, and Irmo worked through that and we ended up having some of the best fights in GW to date.

Friend, what is happening in that video is called World vs World… There is no GvG involved…

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Score Update with Super Adventure Box o’ Fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to attack our enemies in our new highly intimidating form…..!

Attachments:

The LOVE asura <3

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

What the…

Aneu

I thought it was only that they didn’t want to do them with you. I could be wrong though.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Score Update with Super Adventure Box o’ Fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to attack our enemies in our new highly intimidating form…..!

lol!

There was a reindeer and a snowman that crossed the paths while we were heading to SE supply camp in BG last night. I almost felt bad for them dying, I cried and everything.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Well, it’s nice of everyone to define “real” gvg for us. Seeing as no one is willing to SHOW us what one looks like.. I guess we shoulda had Waha have half his troops sit on the sidelines and watch or something.
But the whole Ball-Buff-Veil thing being more challenging and a better display of skill? You guys need to watch your own videos more.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Well, it’s nice of everyone to define “real” gvg for us. Seeing as no one is willing to SHOW us what one looks like.. I guess we shoulda had Waha have half his troops sit on the sidelines and watch or something.
But the whole Ball-Buff-Veil thing being more challenging and a better display of skill? You guys need to watch your own videos more.

I surely hope they came up with some other mechanisms by now then just those that were in their old videos. A lot of that isn’t working very well currently.

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

We wouldn’t know would we? As I recall, after our last encounter with votf they made thoroughly sure they would never encounter us again..

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

We wouldn’t know would we? As I recall, after our last encounter with votf they made thoroughly sure they would never encounter us again..

Oh, that time when we sat in your spawn tower with the door open for almost two hours (with 30 people and we kept running out and killing u and u wouldnt come in) and then we went to your spawn supply camp where your commander re-spawned twice and it took you over 14mins to whittle down 30 people with your server constantly re-spawning…

Please tell me why we would waste our time fighting people who either run away or claim a GvG happened when it was a server vs 30 people…

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Oh, that time when we sat in your spawn tower with the door open for almost two hours (with 30 people and we kept running out and killing u and u wouldnt come in) and then we went to your spawn supply camp where your commander re-spawned twice and it took you over 14mins to whittle down 30 people with your server constantly re-spawning…

Please tell me why we would waste our time fighting people who either run away or claim a GvG happened when it was a server vs 30 people…

Still waiting on your vid of our encounters. You know, the one where you didn’t look utterly ineffectual like in the one WE released. ROTFL

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Still waiting on your vid of our encounters. You know, the one where you didn’t look utterly ineffectual like in the one WE released. ROTFL

As I said, the video you posted where your commander dies twice where you outnumber us and everyone keeps respawning to come back and kill us! You didnt include the fact you stood outside your spawn tower for around 2 hours with us coming out n killing you constantly – But you digress from the point. That video is not a GvG.

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

lol they have footage of it, after they reviewed it they realized they were being wiped by a handful of TW and pugs during there own timezone, that can make even some of the more hardcore guilds feel a bit tender. His post above explains this well.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

As the saying goes, fraps or it didn’t happen. But yeah, you guys sure did kill Maves a few times… Completely oblivious to the fact that he was bait and all, but you did get him!!

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Wotah.2975

lol they have footage of it, after they reviewed it they realized they were being wiped by a handful of TW and pugs during there own timezone, that can make even some of the more hardcore guilds feel a bit tender. His post above explains this well.

Soooo you guys kill them at your spawn camp and claim victory. It takes about 5-10s to get back from full death there. Soooo that’s an accomplishment, why?

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

Soooo you guys kill them at your spawn camp and claim victory. It takes about 5-10s to get back from full death there. Soooo that’s an accomplishment, why?

They dont seem to get it

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Looks like a lot of the same old tactics to me. Blob up, veil and then pure chaos with just spamming abilities individually. There didn’t seem to be any coordination at all in that blob.

Veil rarely works any more, at least in tier 1 NA. You essentially scream to your opponent “This is where we are definitely going”. It makes it so easy to avoid the initial bull rush and then CC your back line and you just lost half your force in the opening engagement.

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

As the saying goes, fraps or it didn’t happen. But yeah, you guys sure did kill Maves a few times… Completely oblivious to the fact that he was bait and all, but you did get him!!

Poor maves, his first day back after about a 2 month break, those votf sure did teach him a lesson!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

LetoII.3782

They dont seem to get it

Ohh we get it. Words are what you guys have to use against tw. Must be depressing.
Once again, grants on killing Maves, human warrior, commander and gm of tempest wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Wotah.2975

Oh yes. Good show that’s quite impressive what with the re-spawning and running back. Obviously a show of better tactics has never been done! Congrats to you, you win!

Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

They dont seem to get it

Ohh we get it. Words are what you guys have to use against tw. Must be depressing.
Once again, grants on killing Maves, human warrior, commander and gm of tempest wolves

Ok so I will make it quite simple for you. We took your spawn tower, we held it for about 2 hours with you guys waiting outside for most of it (not a single push) which meant we came out to attack you constantly, now considering your spawn is 10s from the tower (aprox) then you have the advantage here. We got bored waiting for you so we went to your spawn tower with the aim of “Lets see how long it takes for us to die”.

So essentially its 30 people vs your map, we held for over 10min without much difficulty. We could have quite easily disengaged before but as I said, the point was to see a time that we could hold for, so congrats on getting your server to respawn several times in order to wipe us at the supply camp that is around 15s run from your spawn.

Oh and congrats on turning down the GvG vs us also, funny how you whine about lack of GvG now though.

Aneu | [VoTF]

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Ok so I will make it quite simple for you. We took your spawn tower, we held it for about 2 hours with you guys waiting outside for most of it (not a single push) which meant we came out to attack you constantly, now considering your spawn is 10s from the tower (aprox) then you have the advantage here. We got bored waiting for you so we went to your spawn tower with the aim of “Lets see how long it takes for us to die”.

So essentially its 30 people vs your map, we held for over 10min without much difficulty. We could have quite easily disengaged before but as I said, the point was to see a time that we could hold for, so congrats on getting your server to respawn several times in order to wipe us at the supply camp that is around 15s run from your spawn.

Oh and congrats on turning down the GvG vs us also, funny how you whine about lack of GvG now though. [/quote]

So let me see if I understand, Your questioning the skill or talent of TW based off “this one time” you met them on the battle field? Well this one time I kill 3 EMP, the whole guild most be trash…I think you need to come up with more then 1 example for your claim. Winning fights with less numbers happens all the time, though it might feel impressive, its not out of the norm.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Aneu.1748

So let me see if I understand, Your questioning the skill or talent of TW based off “this one time” you met them on the battle field? Well this one time I kill 3 EMP, the whole guild most be trash…I think you need to come up with more then 1 example for your claim. Winning fights with less numbers happens all the time, though it might feel impressive, its not out of the norm.

Actually my point was that their “GvG” was not a GvG it was simply WvW… they are the ones who got defensive over it

Aneu | [VoTF]

(edited by Aneu.1748)

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

They dont seem to get it

Oh and congrats on turning down the GvG vs us also, funny how you whine about lack of GvG now though.

Cool Story Bro

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

This matchup feels stale and boring.

JQ knows BG and SoR don’t have the coverage or manpower to dethrone them.
SoR knows they can’t dethrone JQ in their preset state, and knows that BG won’t push them out of second
BG knows they’re safe enough to not drop to t2 and that they don’t have the wherewithal to push and maintain second

Everybody is just going through the motions I feel like. Haven’t really been in wvw much this week sadly as the queue times have been silly, especially since my guild is more PST based and we head out around 10 PM EST, when everybody else is fully in a BL or EB,

Just a lackluster week of wvw in my opinion.

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Actually my point was that their “GvG” was not a GvG it was simply WvW… they are the ones who got defensive over it

I understand your point but if anything it could be more of a unorganized GvG. From what I saw it was mostly FoO/TW/Fear in the video with Pugs on both sides so it seems to be a GvG but more open to the community to enjoy. I don’t see why your trying to compare it to a more structured GvG with smaller numbers. Last I checked there isn’t any official ruling on how GvG is to be handled so anything that is predominantly 1 guild vs another guild can be considered GvG.

Zikory – Retired Thief

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

Last I checked there isn’t any official ruling on how GvG is to be handled so anything that is predominantly 1 guild vs another guild can be considered GvG.

Aneu is the law on what a GvG is, if both sides don’t veil and charge then its def. not a proper GvG.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Last I checked there isn’t any official ruling on how GvG is to be handled so anything that is predominantly 1 guild vs another guild can be considered GvG.

Aneu is the law on what a GvG is, if both sides don’t veil and charge then its def. not a proper GvG.

ugh…I was hoping any time I duel some one I could start calling it GvG and the base there guilds skill of that one guy…wtb thief veil…

Zikory – Retired Thief

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

ugh…I was hoping any time I duel some one I could start calling it GvG and the base there guilds skill of that one guy…wtb thief veil…

Gonna have to friend Aneu for permission if you wanna do that

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Too bad transfers aren’t free anymore. I’d love to see VotF jump on Blackgate and settle this in game.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Hoots.9564

Too bad transfers aren’t free anymore. I’d love to see VotF jump on Blackgate and settle this in game.

lol as would I, too bad veil and charge don’t work anymore.

[TW]Tempest Wolves

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Only thing I remember from TW is them saying they were better than us and then refusing to GvG.

Now Aneu mentions how your video is far from an actual GvG you guys bring up 1 fight from months ago that you claim you won but in fact it was sad that it took you guys that long to kill us. I would hardly call that a victory.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Victim.3016

Victim.3016

MURIKA’!!

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I don’t think you know how veil works. It’s not about going forward all the time. Sometimes you go left and in extreme cases you might even go right and maybe, just maybe, you use a second veil and repeat the entire process.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

I don’t think you know how veil works. It’s not about going forward all the time. Sometimes you go left and in extreme cases you might even go right and maybe, just maybe, you use a second veil and repeat the entire process.

Veil is also a combo field you can shoot through. Maybe I should keep quiet about that. Don’t want folks learning actual tactics here. No no!

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but that does look like normal WvW to me….

4/12 JQ|SoR|BG

in WvW

Posted by: btowl.7869

btowl.7869

Welcome back to NA T1, Aneu. And thanks for bringing some comedy along with you.

So, as you said, you camped out in our spawn tower for a considerable amount of time while we from SoR gathered around outside, not daring to really push inside. I guess you take us for idiots; we’ve seen what your guild is capable of in such enclosed spaces and resolved to instead draw you out into the open field. The fight in Bay, not an hour earlier, was a good reminder if we’d forgotten-we repelled you quite handily once and were then overwhelmed by your guild’s devestating efficacy within small spaces. That in mind, why should we have charged into the tower? The smarter route would be the one we opted for, where we could deny your strength and rely on ours. Hardly seems like a bad idea, considering how events turned out.

What, exactly, is the relevance of the proximity of our spawn point? You chose to fight there, did you not? Since you seem to be fully aware of this fact, I do not understand why you continue to hold it up as an unfair advantage. I can assure you we would have pursued you across the map, even to your spawn point.

Finally, what makes your definition of GvG more relavent? We had conventions, same as you do, and matters agreed upon beforehand. Doesn’t sound much different, aside from numbers. It’s kinda like arguing the difference between sPvP and WvW-same idea but different tactics.

Engineer
What do you mean there are other races than Asura?