4/19 GoM/FC/ET

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

i was there at bay when we pushed Agg out.. i logged off under good fashion.. but im sure they are not done yet.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

also, ET, did you do something to make FC mad??

Attachments:

Let’s ask tootsie.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

Clearly, we’re keeping ET safe from the mean GoM! It’s a really tight hug. <3

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Grrrr! Rawrrr!

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Stupid question, do we ever get shifted around cause I’m tried of being in the lower right side of the battlegrounds.

Devon has stated that Anet is looking into rotating colors independently from rank:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Can-we-PLEASE-rotate-the-colours-more/first#post1774463

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

(edited by Debois Guilbert.6413)

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Kay.5416

Kay.5416

Grrrr! Rawrrr!

Not sure if asking for hug or … Awww, c’mere.

Ferguson’s Crossing: Heliolite & handful of others

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

Stupid question, do we ever get shifted around cause I’m tried of being in the lower right side of the battlegrounds.

Devon has stated that Anet is into rotating colors independently from rank:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Can-we-PLEASE-rotate-the-colours-more/first#post1774463

Whaaaaat! First reset times and now colours!

My world is turnin upside down!

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

don’t worry gom already knows how to get out of t8, create threads for 2months straight and Bam your out

And no i am not serious. or am i…?

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

you forgot the part about butterfly cookies

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Grommet.2963

Grommet.2963

Just wanted to say, really awesome fights all around today guys. It was my dayoff, so I spent the whole thing in WvW, the longest nonstop WvW’athon I’ve had in awhile, and the fights were insane.

Great fights earlier today in EB both GoM and FC, also I wish you woulda stuck around in ET BL longer FC once I got there, but once we broke AB it looks like you started plans for SM, which we were happy to steal. Thanks GoM for putting up a fight for so long after too, you guys REALLY want SM back! And the fights were insanely tough and fun. Hopefully I’ll wake up with SM in ET hands tomorrow too, but judging by how long GoM attacked SM after we bunkered down, I’m going to guess they’ll be back with vengeance soon xD.

Tons of fun fights, and can’t wait for more tomorrow. Gnight all!

Cedrick Klom – GM of Pirate Knights
Eradon Terrace
CHIVALRY TIMBERS

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Hematuria.4051

Hematuria.4051

Can anyone explain how GoM was able to take Bay without there ever being and swords on the waypoint? The only reason I new we were losing it was the Commanders health dropped real fast. Never showed swords.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

Can anyone explain how GoM was able to take Bay without there ever being and swords on the waypoint? The only reason I new we were losing it was the Commanders health dropped real fast. Never showed swords.

Our guild, RkB, was distracting you guys at the south gate of Bay, while [ASH] was hitting the north gate. You probably just got tunnel vision against us, and didn’t think to check. It happens to all of us sometimes.

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

Had a great night. Fun fights out there GoM & ET. We all enjoyed partying in TeamSpeak while capping everything.

Attachments:

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

i wasn’t there but i would assume a mesmer

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Saoulfou.7235

Saoulfou.7235

Man we kicked GoM and ET’s bu-tt. Luckily for us, fsu and cr were not leading or we would have failed like always.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

Our guild, RkB, was distracting you guys at the south gate of Bay, while [ASH] was hitting the north gate. You probably just got tunnel vision against us, and didn’t think to check. It happens to all of us sometimes.

So you can drop a gate, get into the inner wall, and kill the guy without setting off the swords? Because, there weren’t swords on the waypoint. Even when I watched the health bar drop to zero. That’s my question.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Saoulfou.7235

Saoulfou.7235

All hail lukian!

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Buddy.7563

Buddy.7563

The Defend the Keep event won’t start unless a gate or wall is being damaged, so it must have ended shortly after they took down the inner gate, causing the waypoint to be open during the whole fight in the Lord’s room.

Tom Badgerstache (Necro)
Gate of Madness [ART]

(edited by Buddy.7563)

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin.4058

Merlin.4058

Devon has stated that Anet is into rotating colors independently from rank:

Reason I ask is because I feel like the blue side, more importantly the lower right of the battlefields, is harder to defend compared to the other two colors.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

That whole experience was super frustrating. We were the epitome of uncoordination last night, even with 2 Commanders (conjoined twins apparently) on the map. A single tower and a camp preoccupied the majority of everyone’s attention while everything else came crashing down despite like a brazillion calls for help all night long.

I logged before the attack on the Garrison so I never saw that (3 hours of sleep the night prior made me sleepy).

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

To the person who kept trying to drag me into fighting them at the quaggan camps… there is reasons that I do not go down there. Reasons that I would rather not talk about.

Attachments:

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

don’t worry gom already knows how to get out of t8, create threads for 2months straight and Bam your out

That got GoM put into T8, not out of it….Also judging by the scores, it looks like that is the best spot for you guys, although the argument could be made that you and HoD could readily swap.

Either way, it should be clear to everyone that SF did not belong in T8, and while our skill level has to improve to compete in T6, it also appears as though we do not belong in T7.

Mag Server Leader

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

That got GoM put into T8, not out of it….Also judging by the scores, it looks like that is the best spot for you guys, although the argument could be made that you and HoD could readily swap.

Either way, it should be clear to everyone that SF did not belong in T8, and while our skill level has to improve to compete in T6, it also appears as though we do not belong in T7.

You haven’t been in tier 8 in three weeks, it’s time to let it go. Just take a deep breath and let all the bad stuff out.

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

Man we kicked GoM and ET’s bu-tt. Luckily for us, fsu and cr were not leading or we would have failed like always.

ya cr sux because they can’t build 5 golems like glorious Lukian and outman everyone!!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

You haven’t been in tier 8 in three weeks, it’s time to let it go. Just take a deep breath and let all the bad stuff out.

Oh, you misjudge me, I wasn’t venting….In fact some of us are even thinking of taking a little vacation back down to T8 eventually. Just depends on what shakes out over the next month or so for me personally….

Mag Server Leader

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

All of the speculation about people leaving T8 is interesting, but to see the whole picture, I think we need to look at T6 as well.

Except for this week (for some strange unknown reason), DH has been destroying DR and IoJ in T6. In fact, DH has been destroying them harder than DH destroyed GoM and HoD. This could mean that IoJ and DR are weaker than GoM/HoD, especially because both HoD and GoM are a lot stronger now than we were back then.

If IoJ and DR are weaker than GoM/HoD, then the following could happen:

1) SF moves up to T6, pushing IoJ down
2) NSP and HoD destory IoJ, stealing all their rating
3) DH and SF destroy DR, stealing all their rating

Then it is a toss up what will happen first

4) IoJ and GoM switch places
—OR—
4) NSP and DR switch places

After that, it is too hard to predict anything else.

Of course that is all rampant speculation. The underlying assumption (that IoJ/DR might be weaker than GoM/HoD) could very easily be wrong. That said, I definitely think that the fall of IoJ and DR will shake things up for us in the lower tiers.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Score update because I’m sure someone somewhere wants one.

Attachments:

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

If we can keep this up we might be blue again !

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

The Defend the Keep event won’t start unless a gate or wall is being damaged, so it must have ended shortly after they took down the inner gate, causing the waypoint to be open during the whole fight in the Lord’s room.

If a group gets ported past the inner gate, could they attack the npcs without setting off the swords?

Sorry if I don’t use the correct terminology, I don’t know it.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

If a group gets ported past the inner gate, could they attack the npcs without setting off the swords?

Only attacking the gate sets off swords, if I recall correctly.

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Specifically, doing damage to walls or gates sets off the swords. For the next three minutes after the trigger, the keep will be contested. After the three minutes, a wall or gate must be damaged again to re-contest the keep.

So to answer the question about the mesmer port, you are correct. If you don’t have to attack any gates, then you can take something without swords.

To answer the question about what happened to bay, this is likely what happened: GoM opened the inner gate right before the three minute timer completed. So the keep went uncontested, but no one was damaging a gate or wall anymore, so it stayed uncontested.

Actually, GoM should have attacked another gate once to deny you the waypoint, but probably didn’t realize it. We have had this scenario happen to us many times.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

hi, gom defender at bay here. i think it’s quite funny watching ET put so much effort into this keep in the process of losing their entire BL. if your strategy is to take this keep and lose everything in your bl in the process, it(’s) work(ing,ed)

Hi, Gates of Madness defender at Bay here.

I’m not sure anything you said really makes sense if you stop and think about it. It was basically one guild, Agg, at the siege by Bay.

one guild that could’ve helped ET secure their BL, not that i’m complaining. if that doesn’t make sense i’ll have a lot more questions for you.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

ya cr sux because they can’t build 5 golems like glorious Lukian and outman everyone!!

Hahahaha, last night was great, we pumped up the music in TeamSpeak and took anything we wanted!

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Hematuria.4051

Specifically, doing damage to walls or gates sets off the swords. For the next three minutes after the trigger, the keep will be contested. After the three minutes, a wall or gate must be damaged again to re-contest the keep.

So to answer the question about the mesmer port, you are correct. If you don’t have to attack any gates, then you can take something without swords.

To answer the question about what happened to bay, this is likely what happened: GoM opened the inner gate right before the three minute timer completed. So the keep went uncontested, but no one was damaging a gate or wall anymore, so it stayed uncontested.

Actually, GoM should have attacked another gate once to deny you the waypoint, but probably didn’t realize it. We have had this scenario happen to us many times.

They coordinated a feint on the south gate to set off swords to mask their attack at the north gate. We assumed we had them stopped at the south gate and never looked around. They had a mesmer trying to hide on the cliff wall later on, so it could be either. No matter how it happened, it was funny to see out map chat. Nice ploy by GoM.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Darek.1836

since SS hides inside towers and keeps all te time I can confidently say hitting the lord DOES set off swords. However they may have killed the lord right before swords went down.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

I have a screenshot of last night

Attachments:

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

Last night was tough, but a lot of fun.

Also, the Q / A format is awesome, but the A part needs to be updated to be useful. :p

Just sayin’.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

(edited by Dubblebass.8519)

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Fun impromptu fight club with ET [BS] this morning. I beat your Guardian! That’s my accomplishment for the day =P, Cheers!

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

hi, gom defender at bay here. i think it’s quite funny watching ET put so much effort into this keep in the process of losing their entire BL. if your strategy is to take this keep and lose everything in your bl in the process, it(’s) work(ing,ed)

Hi, Gates of Madness defender at Bay here.

I’m not sure anything you said really makes sense if you stop and think about it. It was basically one guild, Agg, at the siege by Bay.

one guild that could’ve helped ET secure their BL, not that i’m complaining. if that doesn’t make sense i’ll have a lot more questions for you.

That’s one reason to move back to defend your borderland, yes. But in my experiences you can find several reasons to move your guild back to a map and I think several reasons to stay. The choice isn’t clear to me.

Also I am usually happy to laugh with someone in WvW, I’m not ever ready to laugh at anyone.

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Wreckz.6472

Wreckz.6472

Dear [BS] mesmer, only laugh when you actually killed the person =p

preemptive laughing is bad mmk.

Lol I did Kill you :p and that other thief you were teaming me with. I died to the guards because I got careless trying to stomp you.

U Got Thiefed (Thief)
Hallucination (Mesmer)
ET – Basic (BS) Leader

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

Dear [BS] mesmer, only laugh when you actually killed the person =p

preemptive laughing is bad mmk.

Lol I did Kill you :p and that other thief you were teaming me with. I died to the guards because I got careless trying to stomp you.

Are you the Basic mesmer? It seems like I’m constantly chasing you on my guardian!

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Wreckz.6472

Yes I’m THE Basic mesmer lol j/k but yea I’m the only mesmer in our guild that is actively in wvw so that would be me.

U Got Thiefed (Thief)
Hallucination (Mesmer)
ET – Basic (BS) Leader

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin.4058

Merlin.4058

And we’re losing our keep. Again. Why did we get the worst keep on the map?

That and why do we never have the numbers that GoM and Ferg have? It’s getting to the point that I think they have bots running around.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

Yes I’m THE Basic mesmer lol j/k but yea I’m the only mesmer in our guild that is actively in wvw so that would be me.

I’m pretty sure Basic’s entire line up is the mesmer, the asura guardian, the asura thief, that other thief. Then again I can’t remember what I had for lunch.

Gate of Madness

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

That whole experience was super frustrating. We were the epitome of uncoordination last night, even with 2 Commanders (conjoined twins apparently) on the map. A single tower and a camp preoccupied the majority of everyone’s attention while everything else came crashing down despite like a brazillion calls for help all night long.

I logged before the attack on the Garrison so I never saw that (3 hours of sleep the night prior made me sleepy).

i was pretty flabbergasted at how effectively krakrabbit held your undivided attention the whole night w/ trebs in briar. hate it when the community breaks down like that :/

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

You need to play your thief more. I miss hearing Quip. :/

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

pita spoon.5708

Fun impromptu fight club with ET [BS] this morning. I beat your Guardian! That’s my accomplishment for the day =P, Cheers!

yeah.. i told you to quit and run away while you were ahead.. thats what i would do.
but it was fun fighting them today even though me and the guardian like in the past couldn’t get the drop on each other. which is why when we 2 v 2 them and you went down and thier necro went down and it was just me and guardian and i fully healed.. i figured time to /bow and call it even.

Let’s ask tootsie.

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Wreckz.6472

You need to play your thief more. I miss hearing Quip. :/

That thief is not me lol, that would be our guildie Steady Mobbing who now runs a guardian.

U Got Thiefed (Thief)
Hallucination (Mesmer)
ET – Basic (BS) Leader

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

Posted by: Quasi.8096

Quasi.8096

I’m pretty sure Basic’s entire line up is the mesmer, the asura guardian, the asura thief, that other thief. Then again I can’t remember what I had for lunch.

I think our lineup consists of like 1 of each class minus a Ranger lol, also depends on the time, sometimes we’ll run 2 elem, 2 gaurds, 2 necros then 1 of the rest minus ranger.

Exinyo – Elementalist
Basic[BS] – Eredon Terrace

4/19 GoM/FC/ET

in WvW

styx.7294

I think our lineup consists of like 1 of each class minus a Ranger lol, also depends on the time, sometimes we’ll run 2 elem, 2 gaurds, 2 necros then 1 of the rest minus ranger.

It feels like I’m seein a lot more of you guys since you transferred. You must be havin fun in your new home, glad it’s workin out for you =)

Gate of Madness