4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

My first was Ultima Online... I made a bad mistake roleplaying a nice reagent gatherer frolicking through the words. Yes, the stuff that powers the magic spells, on someone unarmed, away from the guards.

I died a lot.

"Hail, sirs!"
*ZAP TWIP TWIP BLAMMO*
"oOOooooOoOOo?"

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre.

What was your first game? I remember a post apocalyptic, turn based game I used to play by telnet to a BBS service, as internet was not available yet. I played some mud’s in the late 80’s, but by BBS it was too expensive/limited, so just dabbled. The first internet based MMO I played a lot was ElendorMUSH which I joined in 1991. I believe it is still in operation.

Hah, what about the old play-by-email systems?

Well before those, there was play-by-mail, the main one I played was Hyborian War. I played a few that went play-by-email by the same company, RSI, but didn’t stick with it because by the time I had internet for email, I could also play MUSH/MUX and MUD’s.

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Vinterchaos.2541

Vinterchaos.2541

I think people misunderstand running away…
It’s fighting on our terms- not yours!
I have seen many times, zurgs on either sides, be it TC, KN or FA, take out a larger zurg just by having position on the battle field. WM for Kain did this very well for a time, until we found the way counter them.
TC very rarely runs away! (except for a backup commander or two) We position ourselves for the best chance to succeed! Even if the numbers are against us.
Smart commanders do this repeatedly!
Taking into account terrain, location or distance from spawn, possible choke points and classes of people that are running with them. A good commander knows how many Eles, mesmer, guardians, warriors etc.. he has with him. It makes a huge difference on where they will do battle. Not to forget, the trusted scouts around the maps, giving detailed info on the other team movements.

TC’s success, has been the growth of our commanders understanding this.

Weekly practice for militia and smaller guilds to learn our strategy and why we do things the way we do is helping greatly. Something a commander does not have the time to explain during the thick of battle.

Because you guys can’t really win without a wall and some arrow carts unless you are fighting a boatload of militia or outnumber 2/1 – 3/1

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

I have seen many times, zurgs on either sides, be it TC, KN or FA, take out a larger zurg just by having position on the battle field. WM for Kain did this very well for a time, until we found the way counter them.
TC very rarely runs away! (except for a backup commander or two) We position ourselves for the best chance to succeed! Even if the numbers are against us.
Taking into account terrain, location or distance from spawn, possible choke points and classes of people that are running with them. A good commander knows how many Eles, mesmer, guardians, warriors etc.. he has with him. It makes a huge difference on where they will do battle. Not to forget, the trusted scouts around the maps, giving detailed info on the other team movements.

Weekly practice for militia and smaller guilds to learn our strategy and why we do things the way we do is helping greatly. Something a commander does not have the time to explain during the thick of battle.

Sab that’s right on the money. I think when people mention the other side running, what they are saying is "We got all these combos/finishers up and running, 458 necro rings arounds us and the people who chose to reposition themselves and not run into it are just gutless noobs.
shrugs

And then there are the people who can’t count for beans, try to toss ratios out there like 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 when the numbers are pretty much even.Happens all the time.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Niim.9260

My first was Ultima Online… I made a bad mistake roleplaying a nice reagent gatherer frolicking through the words. Yes, the stuff that powers the magic spells, on someone unarmed, away from the guards.

I died a lot.

“Hail, sirs!”
ZAP TWIP TWIP BLAMMO
“oOOooooOoOOo?”

Hah hah hah, UO on release… epic ganking. I still feel bad at some of the things I did in that game, it was a little too much freedom all at once in my gaming environment

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Many of the people I play with on TC are now into our third decade of gaming in the MMO genre.

What was your first game? I remember a post apocalyptic, turn based game I used to play by telnet to a BBS service, as internet was not available yet. I played some mud’s in the late 80’s, but by BBS it was too expensive/limited, so just dabbled. The first internet based MMO I played a lot was ElendorMUSH which I joined in 1991. I believe it is still in operation.

Hah, what about the old play-by-email systems?

Well before those, there was play-by-mail, the main one I played was Hyborian War. I played a few that went play-by-email by the same company, RSI, but didn’t stick with it because by the time I had internet for email, I could also play MUSH/MUX and MUD’s.

I stuck mostly to the solo games. Have the original Zork 1-3 disks (Infocom).

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Niim.9260

Legend of the Red Dragon was my first game, on BBS services… if you didn’t sleep in the Inn, there was a chance someone would gank you while you were offline!

http://lord.lordlegacy.com/

That interface brings back some great memories. I learned to program with the old MUX/MUSH/MUD systems. When I see current dev’s talking about sandbox game style, I often wonder if they know how big a sandbox it once was.

~ AoN ~

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

My first was Ultima Online… I made a bad mistake roleplaying a nice reagent gatherer frolicking through the words. Yes, the stuff that powers the magic spells, on someone unarmed, away from the guards.

I died a lot.

“Hail, sirs!”
ZAP TWIP TWIP BLAMMO
“oOOooooOoOOo?”

Hah hah hah, UO on release… epic ganking. I still feel bad at some of the things I did in that game, it was a little too much freedom all at once in my gaming environment

Ultima Online, to this date, the best game ever to grace the planet for the reasons you mentioned Niim.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

Because you guys can’t really win without a wall and some arrow carts unless you are fighting a boatload of militia or outnumber 2/1 - 3/1

You know I’m pretty sure I’d LOVE to be on the side with the wall and arrow carts and outnumbering the enemy EVERY TIME. Maybe that’s just me... I’ll try to be more heroic, until someone tries to kill me.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

I have a question; has TC ever had the outmanned buff ever?!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

For one, All SEA/Oceanic since launch, until a week ago.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

First video game: Pong.

First RPG: Ultima, played through the entire series (I II III IV V VI VII VII part 2 VIII IX)

First internet based MUD: Genocide

First MMO: UO.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Score update please?

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Sigh, a lot of people forget we were dominated in T2 for something like 10 weeks before we finally started gaining some steam.

Edit: Yesterday morning I had outmanned buff on 2 maps when I joined.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

All the time. Not to mention no queues to occasional short queues on borderland maps.
EB seems to have queues quite often in the evening. Reset days there are queues across the board in most cases, some that can last quite awhile.

FABL all day yesterday never had a queue or at least when i would log and come back throughout the day. Hence, while we aren’t outmanned we aren’t filled up either.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Sab.5291

Sab.5291

Because you guys can’t really win without a wall and some arrow carts unless you are fighting a boatload of militia or outnumber 2/1 – 3/1

Yup! you are right we cant fight without a wall and a boatload of AC. Your logic is on-the-mark!!!!
Until you think how silly that comment really is!
I thought the object of WvWvW was to take over and hold towers and keeps?
as far as zurg vs zurg when numbers are equal we have been dominating the battle field.
That is not chest pumping, it’s a fact and the score reflects it!
I personally don’t like running over a small group with a larger zurg. The fun is when you are outnumbered or mega Zurg against Mega zurg in an open field battle. That’s when commanders are key!
Don’t get mad! TAKE BACK YOUR TOWERS!

I am the One and Only, Sab!
“STUN”
Find me in the front of the TC zurg

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Sab.5291

Almost everyday we get the Outmanned Buff!!!

“STUN”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Score update please?

Good call.

Anyone have a score update for those at work not working?

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Many, many, many times.

Even as recently as a few weeks ago in FABL midweek NA Primetime.
(as Sab said we still get outmanned in various time slots almost every day even though it isn’t as bad as it used to be overnight).

Honestly this might have something to do with the troubles between our Servers. By the time FA joins TC in a Tier we are already fairly solidly established in it. FA isn’t around for the weeks and weeks and weeks of TC fighting out-manned against stacked opponents.

I still laugh when some on FA claim TC is “Tier 1 Ready” – we fought both BG and SoR with all their transfers and all their “fairweathers” right before they moved up to T1 so we already know we aren’t really close to T1 Coverage yet.

Both TC and FA have slogged their way up the ladder. Both Servers went through weeks and weeks of getting pummeled. Neither Server had it easy. And both knows what it takes to stay in it for the long haul.

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

That’s the amusing part of our history. We have and have been stomped…hard (both ways). Even in the current matchup, there are times we are que’d for all 4 maps like last night (although usually just EB during the week) and other times where on at least 2/4 maps we are outmanned (comes and goes as people jump maps, also usually trying to get in to EB – I think).

Our coverage is definitely better than it was when I used to walk up hill to school…both ways.

90% of life is just showing up. (Woody Allen I think)
WvW is just about who has more people who know who Woody Allen is?

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Score update please?

Attachments:

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

First video game: Pong.

First RPG: Ultima, played through the entire series (I II III IV V VI VII VII part 2 VIII IX)

First internet based MUD: Genocide

First MMO: UO.

You know Silver. There was a time where me and my friends would spend hours in bars and would pay 25 cents a throw to play pong, asteroids and space invaders, the latter that still holds the most irritating sound award of any game ever made.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: MrLT.6028

MrLT.6028

Match thread.

Nothing below the belt

Edit: Reset is at 5pm CST, 6 EST and 3pm PST. GLHF!

Where did it all go wrong…

This thread in summary…
TC – bow before your theory crafting masters (did anyone actually read that?), l2p the ppt game, points to scoreboard, MrPreciousMetal
FA – thanks for the bagz, GvG?, l2open field fight, stop running away
KN – not sure, has anyone seen them?

I give it until tomorrow before this thread is locked

Caritas Æternum [BT]
80 Human Ele
#magswag

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

Street Fighter II! Greatest of all time!

Guile FTW! You and your Hadoken and Dragon Uppercut thing, pfft.

FTW until Jean Claude G-Damme and Hollywood had its way with another beloved memory of my youth. Raul Julia died of embarrassment because that movie turned out so bad.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

They had it last night/morning in EB when we decided to take stonemist from them.

It’s a rare sighting these days though.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Sab.5291

UO was a great game and my first mmo.
Then they changed it up and it died quickly. Like many who played it I grinned to have the best gear in the game, than overnight they changed the game.

“STUN”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: whiran.1473

whiran.1473

Oh gosh! Video game history time.. yay!

Trade Wars back on the BBS days. Log in every day to play the turns

MUDs including Rivers of Mud (ROM) and then other weird ones: Armageddon MUD (a roleplaying only mud that still runs to this day), Pkmud (player kill mud – it was all about killing one another all the time), and oh gosh.. I can’t remember the other names. There were a few of them.

I played in the Ultima Online beta test even had my own little roleplaying bit for that game. I think I called it By the Fire?

WoW beta as well.

I passed on Everquest and on Meridian.

In terms of this match-up, I think that anyone who complains about another side being “pretentious” or doing 2v1s or zerging or whatever and then turns around and tries to claim we only play for the fights is being disingenuous at best.

If good fights are all that matter then nothing else would matter. But for most of the people who claim good fights are all they want they do so after complaining (whining) about something else first.

I’m all for good fights but I’m also all for competition. For better or worse, points are the measuring stick of competition in WvW. Unfortunately, points don’t take into account any population imbalances so that leads to weirdness in point values but it is what it is.

I believe that there are some FA players who truly only care about the fights but history points out that most of the FA players who try that claim on the forums do so after whining about something else first. Plus the chest thumping about being the best and elite pvpers.. sure.. okay. No worries there. Good for you to be so amazing.

Anyway, old games! What fun I’m tempted to track down my screenshots from those days just ’cause and then bask in the memories.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Then they changed it up and it died quickly. Like many who played it I grinned to have the best gear in the game, than overnight they changed the game.

Yeah they changed it up all right. Trammel, friggin FA players had to have Trammel!!!

I’m joking

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

WM and CO leaving Kain. In other news, how is everyone doing today? Keep it classy T2!

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Sab.5291

Yeah they changed it up all right. Trammel, friggin FA players had to have Trammel!!!

I’m joking

Remember the Katana was the ultimate weapon!

“STUN”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I haven’t seen the outmanned buff in a couple of weeks, but it use to be fairly common in the borderlands.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Sab.5291

WM and CO leaving Kain. In other news, how is everyone doing today? Keep it classy T2!

We have heard this before. Do you think they are gonna leave and to where?

“STUN”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

MrSilver.5269

Shadowbane will always be my favorite MMO.

There was nothing more satisfying than getting annoyed by someone’s forumwarrioring while you were at work not working, only to go home and drop a bane that resulted in an epic server war involving 100s of players, resulting in multiple fortress cities being razed to the ground.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Torqky.3682

Torqky.3682

From our private server forums. Hope i dont get flamed for posting this but:

“This is our goodbye post to Kaineng. We’ve fought with you guys for many months and we’ve enjoyed every step of the way. We feel our time on Kaineng is up and we can no longer help this server’s growth. Our players are looking for a change and are disheartened by the treatment the overall community gives towards CO. After fighting for many months alongside many of you, we’ve gained many friends, brothers, and players we consider family to us.

Our choice at the moment is undecided. Leaning between JQ and SOR. Currently have server meetings with both servers tonight. We’re not being bought out. Self-funding the transfer. We will not drag any guild away from Kaineng with us, this is an individual choice.

There are so many people I want to thank for the great journey we’ve been on and the memories I’ll always remember. We wish Kaineng the best of luck."

Best of luck CO!

Torqky-80 Necro-Blackgate [HB]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Swampy.1359

Swampy.1359

Quick, now’s your chance, flash that cash!!!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

There have been strong hints that WM is going to EU (not sure where in EU though).

This is the first I’ve heard about CO moving.

I will miss Kaineng they were great and classy opponents.

Hopefully both TC and FA can continue to work on improving things here as we are likely to be together for a loooooooong time.

NAGA|TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Whoa … I skipped the forums and just played on the weekend… and it looks like you guys must have your 50 bubble baubles cause your using your pointy sticks on the forums. I see no kain posting or not much, and decided to skip … alot, of the 1v1 or other guys poking at ‘x’ and poking at ‘y’ posts.

casts sheild of absorption to protect from the fray

Anyways …. I’m guessing most kain aren’t reading this at this point … but in the odd chance some of the MkS guys do. I got a chance to run with you guys… love those guys, absolutely a blast in the 5’oclock tower 2 nights ago (was on my hammer warrior). Thanks for the enjoyable time. Had a blast … with that open wall farming.

HoB too, saw you guys roaming about … I think these groups show some great skill in smaller non zerg, but invaluable to the WvW and map coordination. Great jobs and thanks for the chats.

To FA & TC … poking may commence.

PS … best game ever … is FF3. Hands down

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Did all the CD guilds transfer over already? Cus I’m only seeing one group right now and that is scary when you consider how much of the map we took over right now.

Holy kitten, I’m so not used to this.

Also I thought it’s not allowed to transfer from a US server to an EU one?

(edited by Shrouded.6450)

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

For those who enjoy long RP-Walks on the beach, I bring you:

Sorry to see Kaineng start to weaken. It was great to really get to see you guys blossom when you finally hit your true tier with us so many weeks ago during BG/KA/TC. Your NA had an uphill battle most of the time with WM anchoring overnight, but you guys always put up a great fight and never stopped defending. Good luck to you, whether you transfer or stay!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

I wish the best to CO. Good luck and have fun in JQ or SoR.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

FA is definitely losing coverage…

Just now TC golem rushed our keep in EB. There was a total of three people inside to defend it… with one arrow cart… and they Golem rushed us…

As 20-30 TC players bashed down one door, I ran through another and right into another 20-30 TC players.

During the daytime hours, FA just doesn’t have the numbers. We might be able to get 10-15 players per map; including the one or two spies that call out “TC zerg at bravost get here fast!” while TC takes langor and kain takes QL…

All in all, it’s just getting old

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I haven’t heard any confirmation that WM is going anywhere, but it seems to be a popular rumor going around.

CO is leaving.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Did all the CD guilds transfer over already?

Not everyone got tranferred yet, according to what someone told me earlier today, but most are on TC.

One of those guilds had their first ‘official WvW day on TC’ today (their words, not mine). They took all of FABL: each keep and tower was green.

They seemed nice, altough not very chatty in /map or /team, but I guess that’s shyness from being new, hehe.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Sab.5291

Sorry! I think you are confusing Me with someone else. Why would i or any other TC player want a longer que time during our prime time play?
I think CO is making a bad decision with those two choices. seems like bandwagon jumping and the guild is going to be in a rude awakening when they cant play because those servers already have a 24/7 que.
I think they would be better off taking a lower level server and building them up.

“STUN”

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I haven’t heard any confirmation that WM is going anywhere, but it seems to be a popular rumor going around.

CO is leaving.

Where are they going?

NAGA|TC

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

For those who enjoy long RP-Walks on the beach, I bring you:

Sorry to see Kaineng start to weaken. It was great to really get to see you guys blossom when you finally hit your true tier with us so many weeks ago during BG/KA/TC. Your NA had an uphill battle most of the time with WM anchoring overnight, but you guys always put up a great fight and never stopped defending. Good luck to you, whether you transfer or stay!

OMG, that was so kitten funny. Very intimidating actually.

I loved it.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

WyldKat.4712

In Lion’s Arch, some people flash for cash.

And in KN, some flash for fun. While zerging. With golems. But I’m not sure how all the ranger pets fit in.

Humane has nothing to do with mullets.

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Master Farkha.1857

Master Farkha.1857

Best of luck to CO in the future guys. I’m sure you’ll find what your looking for and im sure we’ll be running into you guys again at some point!

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

CO is leaving.

Where are they going?

To whatever server is green, for uh… map completion .

4/19 TC/FA/Kain - Week 7

in WvW

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

One of my posts was flagged too cuz i mentioned weapons of mass destruction… go figure.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood